[Man United] New Manager - Jose Mourinho.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [Man United] LVG to leave. Welcome Jose

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote:If JM could not win with the #ChelseaWinning squad what would he have done with a depleted ManU squad that LVG had to deal with all season?
Unless he buys very good quality in key areas, reality is going to strike Man Utd in a very cruel way, i would give Mourinho about 3 seasons to win big trophies at Utd
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote:
Unless he buys very good quality in key areas, reality is going to strike Man Utd in a very cruel way, i would give Mourinho about 3 seasons to win big trophies at Utd
We all know how he will be doing the buying :lol: :lol: :lol:
Given his behaviour, it is almost an afterthought to mention the insistent worry that an astonishing number of Mourinho’s signings have gone through Mendes, who has engorged himself on the expenditure of his star client. According to a story from 2014, Mourinho had made at least 12 purchases through Mendes while at Chelsea, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. It will be interesting to see if the pattern repeats at United.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

cchinukw wrote: I am glad that the British media are now recognising the poisoned chalice that is Mourinho.

The novelty has now worn off.

Even Chelsea is still cast in this braggart's shadow. Tufiakwa!!
Marca, the Madrid sports newspaper's headline on yesterday: “the disease has come to Manchester”. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
It has been an honour to manage such a magnificent club as Manchester United FC, and in doing so, I have fulfilled a long-held ambition.

I am immensely proud to have helped United win the FA Cup for the 12th time in the club’s history. I have been privileged during my management career to have won 20 trophies but winning the FA Cup, which is steeped in so much history, will always be one of the most special achievements of my career.

I am very disappointed to be unable to complete our intended three-year plan. I believe that the foundations are firmly in place to enable the club to move forward and achieve even greater success.

I hope that winning the FA Cup will give the club a platform to build upon next season to restore the success that this passionate set of fans desire.

Having managed in Holland, Spain and Germany, I had always hoped for the opportunity to manage in English football and be part of English culture. Both of these experiences have lived up to expectations and been fantastic.

I thank my players and wish them well for next season. It has been a pleasure to work with them and it has been particularly rewarding to see so many young players take their chance to break into the first team and excel. I look forward to watching the continued development of these young players next season.

Thank you to the owners and board of Manchester United for giving me the opportunity to manage this great club.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
Kabalega wrote:If JM could not win with the #ChelseaWinning squad what would he have done with a depleted ManU squad that LVG had to deal with all season?
1 CD
1 MF

those are the pressing needs at the moment.

What LVG accomplished this past season (especially in 2016) was just miraculous with the squad at hand.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [Man United] LVG has been terminated

Post by Comrade Machel »

I used to like Mourinho a lot in his first incarnation as Chelsea manager and the one season i watched Porto, then he became slightly amusing, now he is down right annoying and comes across as a little man with issues
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:
It has been an honour to manage such a magnificent club as Manchester United FC, and in doing so, I have fulfilled a long-held ambition.

I am immensely proud to have helped United win the FA Cup for the 12th time in the club’s history. I have been privileged during my management career to have won 20 trophies but winning the FA Cup, which is steeped in so much history, will always be one of the most special achievements of my career.

I am very disappointed to be unable to complete our intended three-year plan. I believe that the foundations are firmly in place to enable the club to move forward and achieve even greater success.

I hope that winning the FA Cup will give the club a platform to build upon next season to restore the success that this passionate set of fans desire.

Having managed in Holland, Spain and Germany, I had always hoped for the opportunity to manage in English football and be part of English culture. Both of these experiences have lived up to expectations and been fantastic.

I thank my players and wish them well for next season. It has been a pleasure to work with them and it has been particularly rewarding to see so many young players take their chance to break into the first team and excel. I look forward to watching the continued development of these young players next season.

Thank you to the owners and board of Manchester United for giving me the opportunity to manage this great club.
I know a top coach when I see one.

People forget all too easily that:

a) LvG at the beginning of his Manure stint actually said he needed 3 years to turn things around at Manure.
b) Manure has been in a transition period.
c) Just like happened at Chelsea, Mourinho is about to take credit for groundwork that precedes him.

Goodluck to Manure but this man is toxic.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I don't understand why people are getting so sanctimonious about Jose. Most serial winning managers are intense, competitive, aggressive, and bad losers. As they say "show me a good loser and I will show you a loser". Gentlemen title winning managers are very rare (Ranieri, Ancelotti). The rest are usually an irascible lot.

Let us not forget that even the venerated Ferguson was famous for physically injuring some of his own players in dressing room tantrums; including his star player David Beckham, who needed stitches to close a facial wound inflicted by Ferguson. Even "Professor" Wenger spent much of his time pretending that he "did not see" the persistent leg breaker tackles, diving, and fighting by his Invincibles team. He also tried to fight Mourinho and Ferguson; physically confronting both of them. The "easy going" Pellegrini at Man City even got into a physical fight with Pardew too. Speaking of Pardew; he headbutted an opposition player in the middle of a game! :shock:

[/video]

Let us not forget physical confrontations such as: Pardew -v- Wenger, Moyes -v- Mancini etc:

[/video]

Also former Leicester manager Nigel Pearson grabbed a Crystal Palace player by the throat and pinned him to the ground - during a match!

[/video]

Mourinho is not unique in his bellicose way. He is part of a club of confrontational title winning managers.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue May 24, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

cchinukw wrote:
tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

I know a top coach when I see one.

People forget all too easily that:

a) LvG at the beginning of his Manure stint actually said he needed 3 years to turn things around at Manure.
b) Manure has been in a transition period.
c) Just like happened at Chelsea, Mourinho is about to take credit for groundwork that precedes him.

Goodluck to Manure but this man is toxic.
Lol. See clutching of straws. Mourinho won't be taking credit for anything. Will any one dash you league? Of its that easy why hasn't Wenger taking credit all the ground work he's laid down since 2004? The man will either win or flunk out. There's no middle ground with Jose. All this hatorade is loser talk. The man has his flaws and divides opinions but one thing for sure is he only has one M.O. and that is to win trophies by any means necessary. The problem with Jose is when his team isn't meeting their objective Jose doesn't seem to handle it well and it ultimately negatively impacts the club and the entire organization. This is the risk that ManU Ogas on top have deemed necessary in order to get back to winning ways. I'm a Chelsea man so i don't wish him well but all una bad belle laced hatorade dey overboard. The only why folks hate him is because they know he's good at what he does and he's a real threat. That's the truth. But that said, the league is different with more parity than ever so the simplistic approach of buying your way to a trophy is no longer that straight forward. The money helps but it requires a lot more than money now because every club has money in England.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

wiseone wrote:I don't understand why people are getting so sanctimonious about Jose. Most serial winning managers are intense, competitive, aggressive, and bad losers. As they say "show me a good loser and I will show you a loser". Gentlemen title winning managers are very rare (Ranieri, Ancelotti). The rest are usually an irascible lot.

Let us not forget that even the venerated Ferguson was famous for physically injuring some of his own players in dressing room tantrums; including his star player David Beckham, who needed stitches to close a facial wound inflicted by Ferguson. Even "Professor" Wenger spent much of his time pretending that he "did not see" the persistent leg breaker tackles, diving, and fighting by his Invincibles team. He also tried to fight Mourinho and Ferguson; physically confronting both of them. The "easy going" Pellegrini at Man City even got into a physical fight with Mourinho too.

Mourinho is not unique in his bellicose way. He is part of a club of confrontational title winning managers.
How many coaches have done this?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

cic old boy wrote:
wiseone wrote:I don't understand why people are getting so sanctimonious about Jose. Most serial winning managers are intense, competitive, aggressive, and bad losers. As they say "show me a good loser and I will show you a loser". Gentlemen title winning managers are very rare (Ranieri, Ancelotti). The rest are usually an irascible lot.

Let us not forget that even the venerated Ferguson was famous for physically injuring some of his own players in dressing room tantrums; including his star player David Beckham, who needed stitches to close a facial wound inflicted by Ferguson. Even "Professor" Wenger spent much of his time pretending that he "did not see" the persistent leg breaker tackles, diving, and fighting by his Invincibles team. He also tried to fight Mourinho and Ferguson; physically confronting both of them. The "easy going" Pellegrini at Man City even got into a physical fight with Mourinho too.

Question: How many coaches have done this?
Answer: Arsene Wenger has done it.

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

A shove is now a poke in the eye. :lol:
Do we need to list his shameless antics? Do we need to chronicle the stabbing of his finger into the eye of a rival manager, the impugning of ballboys, the allegations of bias against officials (in one case, leading to death threats against a referee), the insinuations of corruption against a rival club?
There was also the incident in Madrid when he and his assistant locked up a hack in a room and threatened him.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

^ Yep. Both are guilty of assault and battery. One chose to poke an eye while the other preferred a wrestling approach. But the bottomline is both made illegal physical contact in violation of the rules. So both are guilty as charged.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

green4life wrote:^ Yep. Both are guilty of assault and battery. One chose to poke an eye while the other preferred a wrestling approach. But the bottomline is both made illegal physical contact in violation of the rules. So both are guilty as charged.
Assault get level from actual bodily harm to grievous bodily harm.

The charge sheet against Borinho is very long.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

cic old boy wrote:
green4life wrote:^ Yep. Both are guilty of assault and battery. One chose to poke an eye while the other preferred a wrestling approach. But the bottomline is both made illegal physical contact in violation of the rules. So both are guilty as charged.

Evidently not long enough to discourage big club suitors from offering him work. The point being those incidents are overblown. If you achieve your objective, your employer isn't overly bothered but if you come up short, then it's used as one of many ropes to hang you. Jose knows the drill.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

green4life wrote:
Evidently not long enough to discourage big club suitors from offering him work. The point being those incidents are overblown. If you achieve your objective, your employer isn't overly bothered but if you come up short, then it's used as one of many ropes to hang you. Jose knows the drill.
Yeah, desperate big clubs that miss out on their 1st and 2nd choices offer him work.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:According to Matt Huges of The Times, Van Gaal will leave Manure with a pay-off of £4,554,000, plus a £400,000 bonus for winning the FA Cup. Every cloud, they say, has a silver lining.

When I read that purported statement from Van Gaal, after the shabby way he was treated, the first thing that comes to mind is his pay off cheque.

Of course, it pays to be professional. He will get another job in the EPL, if he wants in time.

I would have felt sorry for Van Gaal, but seeing how he treated some of the United players, including Judas, :woot: so shabbily as he forced them out ...well he deserves nothing less :roll:
Just like judas treated Wenger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't feel sorry for LVG, just highlighting the disgraceful behaviour of the protagonists in all of this.

Did I say I was feeling sorry for Judas? :woot: I'm just saying that they way LVG ridiculed belittled players like Welbeck and chicha just to make sure they left makes me say what goes around comes around
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The man poked an eye and went on to coach Chelssea. he was told to "fook off" by Chelsea an within 15 days of his firing, he was approached and agreed a deal to coach the biggest club in England. In the following 6 months of taking vacations around the world, the man turned down Real Madrid (2x), Inter Milan, Roma, Everton, PSG (2x), Valencia (2x), Chinese Club, Several National Teams.

My brother, I am outside my oga's office now, waiting for him to come out! Once he comes out, I am poking his damn eye! I expect to receive offers like Mourinho! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Look at Benitez, refused to poke an eye and the only offer he received was division 2. Even the likes of Watford and Everton spat at his fat face. I rather poke an eye than end up in division two. O boy, abeg bring your face come make I poke your eye small :sneaky: :sneaky: :woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The man poked an eye and went on to coach Chelssea. he was told to "fook off" by Chelsea an within 15 days of his firing, he was approached and agreed a deal to coach the biggest club in England. In the following 6 months of taking vacations around the world, the man turned down Real Madrid (2x), Inter Milan, Roma, Everton, PSG (2x), Valencia (2x), Chinese Club, Several National Teams.
it is you alright

welcome to Manchester kaycee2g

when the announcement is official, I will open a separate JM thread

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:According to Matt Huges of The Times, Van Gaal will leave Manure with a pay-off of £4,554,000, plus a £400,000 bonus for winning the FA Cup. Every cloud, they say, has a silver lining.

When I read that purported statement from Van Gaal, after the shabby way he was treated, the first thing that comes to mind is his pay off cheque.

Of course, it pays to be professional. He will get another job in the EPL, if he wants in time.

I would have felt sorry for Van Gaal, but seeing how he treated some of the United players, including Judas, :woot: so shabbily as he forced them out ...well he deserves nothing less :roll:
Just like judas treated Wenger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't feel sorry for LVG, just highlighting the disgraceful behaviour of the protagonists in all of this.

Did I say I was feeling sorry for Judas? :woot: I'm just saying that they way LVG ridiculed belittled players like Welbeck and chicha just to make sure they left makes me say what goes around comes around
the way Chicha and Valdes were let go did not go down well with me.

Welbeck was never United material, no big loss.

Anyway more info will be revealed in the coming months.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You can add Di Maria, Rafael, Nani, Fletcher, Henriquez, and Zaha to that list.

Welbeck was an asset. Will he win the Ballon D'or? Of course not. Will be play 20-25 games a season, put in a solid shift each time, work hard for the team, and not let anyone down as a good team player? Absolutely. Players who defend from the front, play for the team, and don't throw a tantrum when asked to sit on the bench for 2-3 games are rare in modern football.
tfco wrote: the way Chicha and Valdes were let go did not go down well with me.

Welbeck was never United material, no big loss.

Anyway more info will be revealed in the coming months.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue May 24, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We all embrace competitiveness & all that flows from it. There is something absolutely crass about using a fullcourt press to get a guy you call a mentor's job.
It's been an all season campaign & it's dirty ball!!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@JohnBrewinESPN
The glacial speed of Van Gaal's ejection clearly in tribute to one of his United team's attacking moves. It is a process.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.