German rightwing party apologises for Jérôme Boateng comment

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Black I Ras
Egg
Egg
German rightwing party apologises for Jérôme Boateng comment

Post by Black I Ras »

ONE GOD, ONE AIM, ONE DESTINY
Black I Ras
Egg
Egg
Re: German rightwing party apologises for Jérôme Boateng com

Post by Black I Ras »

Germany’s anti-immigration party Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) has apologised after its deputy leader was quoted as saying that, while most people admired the international footballer Jérôme Boateng, they wouldn’t want to live next door to him.

The newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung quoted AfD politician Alexander Gauland saying that “people like him as a football player. But they don’t want to have a Boateng as their neighbour.”

defender Boateng, who is teetotal and a practising Christian, has a German mother and Ghanaian father. He has been mooted as a stand-in for the national captaincy at the upcoming European Championships in France.

Widespread criticism led Gauland to release a statement denying that he meant to insult the player. He said he had not made the comments in the form quoted by the newspaper, adding: “I don’t know him [Boateng] and would never come up with the idea of denigrating his personality.”

The president of the German football association, Reinhard Grindel, criticised Gauland, saying it was “simply tasteless” to abuse Boateng’s popularity “for political messages”.

Julia Klöckner of Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic party tweeted: “Better Boateng than Gauland as a neighbour. Typical AfD pattern: abuse, provoke – then try to relativise.”

But AfD’s party leader, Frauke Petry, on Sunday issued an apology on Gauland’s behalf, as well as tweeting: “Jérôme Boateng is a great footballer and rightly part of the German national team. I am looking forward to the Euros. #

In the wake of Gauland’s comments, Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung also interviewed Boateng’s neighbours in Munich’s exclusive Grünwald district. One local commented that “it’s mainly the normal people who have wild parties here, not celebrities”, while a grey-haired man on the same street described Boateng as “very nice and down-to-earth. His children go to the kindergarten around the corner. Very normal.”

Gauland’s comments are the second time within days that the multicultural makeup of Germany’s football team have become the subject of a media storm.

Supporters of the anti-refugee protest movement Pegida had recently expressed their outrage about outrage at the depiction of a black boy on the packaging of Kinder chocolate bars – seemingly unaware that the picture was a childhood portrait of Boateng.

Championship hosts France, who like Germany have won the World Cup with a squad full of players of multiethnic backgrounds, have also been dogged by a debate about ethnicity ahead of the tournament. In an interview with the Guardian, Eric Cantona last week accused coach Didier Deschamps of having overlooked players on racial grounds.
ONE GOD, ONE AIM, ONE DESTINY
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

His brother knew better.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:His brother knew better.
Its sad my brother, they will never accept us
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

And how did it end for his brother in the hands of the crooks who are his own? There are dregs and scums in every society...each should be handled and dealt with accordingly.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
And how did it end for his brother in the hands of the crooks who are his own? There are dregs and scums in every society...each should be handled and dealt with accordingly.
:agree: even though you dey yap me beloved Arsenal daily...
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Samora Machel wrote:
They? So this piece of sheet represents the average German better than Boateng's own mother? Are you liked and accepted by every single Zimbabwean? Please think before you put finger to keyboard.

Wha choo looking at?!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

I once created a thread on French skyscrapercity forum...asked who is their top 5 French players of all time.....no one listed Thierry Henry.

It's the same treatment Balotelli is getting with Italy....
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Actually I'm disappointed by the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung.
It's very irritating how former reputable, intellectual newspapers turn into sensation-seeking, populist boulevard media's.
The way these quotations are presented without informing us about the context in which they were said is shady.
I do not defend racist comments but I rather question the newspapers methods to sell papers.
Unfortunately the borders between Bild,Express and Welt and FAZ for example blurs more and more.

We live in a world where emotions is declared the better adviser than ratio and this situation is exported by journalists, political activists etc.

I don't doubt the AFD party has racist attitudes and tries to emotionalize its voters.
But that so called established democratic politicans operate with the same emotional methods while criticizing the AFD for its fear-spreading policy is hypocrisy of the highest order.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Knew better as in went to play for Ghana because he couldn't make the German national team?
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Samora Machel wrote:
...why are you sad? I bet if Trump had said such you and zee will love him, and call for him to defeat Hillary. Hypocrites full everywhere :boo:
brigadoon
Egg
Egg

Post by brigadoon »

Benedict Iroha wrote:I once created a thread on French skyscrapercity forum...asked who is their top 5 French players of all time.....no one listed Thierry Henry.

I dunno about that. I can see how a non racist French fan can legitimately name a top 5 list without naming Thierry Henry. For eg.

1) Jules Fontaine
2) Michel Platini
3) Zinedine Zidane
4) Alain Giresse
5) Laurent Blanc
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

chief...dregs come in different categories. The ones that try to deny your very human-ness, those ones I'd rather avoid
oloye wrote:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

And i totally agree with you, which is not my point really. That the brother went to play for Ghana does not make that decision a better chooce than Jerome who played for Germany, a country he has legitimate claim to.
That some clowns chose to make racist and fascist comments does not make his decision a bad one....if at any point in time he has doubts all he has to do is to look at his WC medal and his mum to realise he is a legitimate German.

Meanwhile the brother Derek who went home has been banned twice by the GFA..his services not appreciated or deemwd worthy of being accorded any acknowledgment.
[ quote="nanijoe"]chief...dregs come in different categories. The ones that try to deny your very human-ness, those ones I'd rather avoid
oloye wrote:
[/quote]
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tactical
Egg
Egg

Post by Tactical »

How's this different from what the first racist said? What happened to just being a great person?
But AfD’s party leader, Frauke Petry, on Sunday issued an apology on Gauland’s behalf, as well as tweeting: “Jérôme Boateng is a great footballer and rightly part of the German national team. I am looking forward to the Euros. #
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Benedict Iroha wrote:I once created a thread on French skyscrapercity forum...asked who is their top 5 French players of all time.....no one listed Thierry Henry.

Henry was a superstar in England but was never a go-to guy for Les Bleus, unlike those that were huge when they were winning tournaments in 1984, 1999 and 2000 - Zizou, Platini, Tigana, Blanc, etc.
http://www.naijiant.com/
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

cic old boy wrote:

Henry was a superstar in England but was never a go-to guy for Les Bleus, unlike those that were huge when they were winning tournaments in 1984, 1999 and 2000 - Zizou, Platini, Tigana, Blanc, etc.
Kpom. Add Didier Deschamps, Jean-Pierre Papin, Alain Giresse and Just Fontaine. Even in England, ManUtd fans will tell you that Eric Cantona was the better player. Bayern fans will tell you that Frank Ribery is better. Nothing to do with racism.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

cic old boy wrote:

Agreed, Henry was a great player but his shine was more evident for Arsenal than for Les Bleus even if he was a world (1998) and European (2000) champion
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

DAgrin wrote:Actually I'm disappointed by the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung.
It's very irritating how former reputable, intellectual newspapers turn into sensation-seeking, populist boulevard media's.
The way these quotations are presented without informing us about the context in which they were said is shady.
I do not defend racist comments but I rather question the newspapers methods to sell papers.
Unfortunately the borders between Bild,Express and Welt and FAZ for example blurs more and more.
Instead of you to condemn the message, you are busy criticizing the messenger. It does not matter, if the AFD vice made the statement off the record. What is important is that the nation know that they(AFD) are racists.

If the FAZ did not report it, then they are not journalists. You keep repeating pseudo- elitists views about German newspapers. Do you have any subscription in any of the papers ? Do you know how they operate ? Do not bring this stupid German 'class' system in to CE. I doubt, if, you are black. Because i can not believe that i am reading such rubbish from you.I am highly dissapointed in you.

It is my right to avoid another cristallnacht and if it takes exposing all these racists, so be it. If Boateng is not integrated, then what is the definition of integration in Germany ?
DAgrin wrote: We live in a world where emotions is declared the better adviser than ratio and this situation is exported by journalists, political activists etc.
What are you trying to say ?
DAgrin wrote: I don't doubt the AFD party has racist attitudes and tries to emotionalize its voters.
But that so called established democratic politicans operate with the same emotional methods while criticizing the AFD for its fear-spreading policy is hypocrisy of the highest order
Son, it is called politics. The established political parties play the same game but make sure that they do not re-define, what it takes to be German in 2016.

I have an assingment for you. Please read this very slowly, then you will understand the main gist about the story.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Why would they apologise when they mean it,do the expect Jerome to all the sudden feel like they where just joking?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Why would they apologise when they mean it,do the expect Jerome to all the sudden feel like they where just joking?
They think people (Black) are mugu.SMH
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Yiba wrote:
DAgrin wrote:Actually I'm disappointed by the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung.
Instead of you to condemn the message, you are busy criticizing the messenger. It does not matter, if the AFD vice made the statement off the record. What is important is that the nation know that they(AFD) are racists.

If the FAZ did not report it, then they are not journalists. You keep repeating pseudo- elitists views about German newspapers. Do you have any subscription in any of the papers ? Do you know how they operate ? Do not bring this stupid German 'class' system in to CE. I doubt, if, you are black. Because i can not believe that i am reading such rubbish from you.I am highly dissapointed in you.

It is my right to avoid another cristallnacht and if it takes exposing all these racists, so be it. If Boateng is not integrated, then what is the definition of integration in Germany ?
DAgrin wrote: We live in a world where emotions is declared the better adviser than ratio and this situation is exported by journalists, political activists etc.
What are you trying to say ?
DAgrin wrote: I don't doubt the AFD party has racist attitudes and tries to emotionalize its voters.
But that so called established democratic politicans operate with the same emotional methods while criticizing the AFD for its fear-spreading policy is hypocrisy of the highest order
Son, it is called politics. The established political parties play the same game but make sure that they do not re-define, what it takes to be German in 2016.

I have an assingment for you. Please read this very slowly, then you will understand the main gist about the story.
I won't answer to all your points because I feel no need to apologize or justify anything I sad.
Nevertheless it's downright ironic how you condemn ridiculous AFD statements on the one hand and call for "Boateng's integration".
Why do we think that anybody who is not white must be somehow foreign.
You just confirmed what Gauland say.
Most people will see him as a foreigner because he does not look white, so he must be black.
What an upper rubbish.
Boateng does not need integration! - he is a german-born citizen just like Phillip Lahm or any other German.
Socialization should give people a national identity not how they look.
And now let's go ahead and talk about more important issues - this is just gossip to me.
We will just get rid of racists when we stop discussing with them.
Funnily enough, in this case, Gauland has hold up a mirror to a lot of people who do not even know it.
That is indeed something our society should discuss about -continued and hardened paradigms everybody, not only racists, are affected by.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

DAgrin wrote:
I won't answer to all your points because I feel no need to apologize or justify anything I sad.
Nevertheless it's downright ironic how you condemn ridiculous AFD statements on the one hand and call for "Boateng's integration".
Why do we think that anybody who is not white must be somehow foreign.
You just confirmed what Gauland say.
Most people will see him as a foreigner because he does not look white, so he must be black.
What an upper rubbish.
Boateng does not need integration! - he is a german-born citizen just like Phillip Lahm or any other German.
Socialization should give people a national identity not how they look.
And now let's go ahead and talk about more important issues - this is just gossip to me.
We will just get rid of racists when we stop discussing with them.
Funnily enough, in this case, Gauland has hold up a mirror to a lot of people who do not even know it.
That is indeed something our society should discuss about -continued and hardened paradigms everybody, not only racists, are affected by.

You are a consistent disappointment. I bet you did not read and comprehend what i wrote. Try to understand issues before you hit your keyboard!