Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:02 pm 

The Ivorian Oloye :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:47 am 

Half fit Bailly is still 90% good, with him, we know what to expect, strikers do not even attempt to dribble him as it often does not work, you cant beat him for pace or try to out muscle him, just hope him and Jones stay injury free, that partnership is deadly, they were clearly missed against huddersfield, if both of them played, united will never have lost

Marko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:18 pm 

marko wrote:
Half fit Bailly is still 90% good, with him, we know what to expect, strikers do not even attempt to dribble him as it often does not work, you cant beat him for pace or try to out muscle him, just hope him and Jones stay injury free, that partnership is deadly, they were clearly missed against huddersfield, if both of them played, united will never have lost

with Rojo coming back, the

Valencia ------- Bailly -------- Jones ----------Rojo -----------Young

In Big games na helele! :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:45 pm 

I dey fear playing this type of defender.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:05 pm 

Ivorian Oloye is on his way back:

:clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 pm 

Bailly! Bailly!! Bailly!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:51 pm 

Premiership best defender

Marko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm 

to be honest they have missed him, I think CIV would have had a huge chance to qualify if he had played

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:27 pm 

Of the generation of young CDs signed by big clubs this season, Umtitti and Skriniar are head and shoulders above everybody else.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:35 pm 

txj wrote:
Of the generation of young CDs signed by big clubs this season, Umtitti and Skriniar are head and shoulders above everybody else.

Laporte?

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:40 pm 

Chairman Bailly is head, shoulder and stomach above Umtiti, Skriniar, Laporte etc without any question.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:41 pm 

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:

Laporte?

Too early to judge. Yerry Mina also has all the necessary physical tools to be an absolute beast alongside Umtiti.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:13 pm 

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:

Laporte?

Not this season

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:14 pm 

YemiBrazil wrote:
Chairman Bailly is head, shoulder and stomach above Umtiti, Skriniar, Laporte etc without any question.

:D :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:35 pm 

platinum wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:

Laporte?

Too early to judge. Yerry Mina also has all the necessary physical tools to be an absolute beast alongside Umtiti.

Looking at performance this season, not simply talent/potential.

A very good defender can/will start for United as CD, like Bailly. You need more than that to start for Barca.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

Not cut and dry that Bailly is better than Laporte or Umtiti. It will take a while to make that determination. But as it stands, they are all very good defenders

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:36 pm 

YUJAM wrote:
Not cut and dry that Bailly is better than Laporte or Umtiti. It will take a while to make that determination. But as it stands, they are all very good defenders

It is, actually, re-Umtiti.

The Barcelona philosophy places a much, much higher demand on the CD than United's.

At Barca, the CD doesn't just have to stop an attack, he has to recover the ball technically, without loss of possession, in order to function as the foundation of the attacking game and of ball possession.

Few EPL defenders have the ability to do that.

Doesn't necessarily make them bad defenders; just of a lower technical level...

Last edited by txj on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:23 am 

txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

It is, actually.

The Barcelona philosophy places a much, much higher demand on the CD than United's.

At Barca, the CD doesn't just have to stop an attack, he has to recover the ball technically, without loss of possession, in order to function as the foundation of the attacking game and of ball possession.

Arrant nonsense :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:28 am 

YemiBrazil wrote:

It's debatable. I thought Umtiti started his Barca career slowly but he's been strong this season. Saw him in the flesh when Barca played Valencia earlier in the season and he stood out. France has a ridiculous number of quality centre-backs.

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:32 am 

The YeyeMan wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

It's debatable. I thought Umtiti started his Barca career slowly but he's been strong this season. Saw him in the flesh when Barca played Valencia earlier in the season and he stood out. France has a ridiculous number of quality centre-backs.

In comparison, what was your opinion when you saw Chairman Bailly in the flesh?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:33 am 

YemiBrazil wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

In comparison, what was your opinion when you saw Chairman Bailly in the flesh?

I've only seen him play on TV. He's very good, no doubt at all about that.

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
-
© The YeyeMan 2018

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:40 am 
Site Admin

Didn't you watch Bailly in La Liga? He is an excellent passer up there with the likes of Stones. He is at 86 percent. Umtiti is at 92 percent but think the difference is Umtiti gets more shorter passing opps at Barca. Bailly could have thrived at Barca too

But like he I said they are all very good. Let's see how it plays out long term

txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:35 pm 

I did, in the two clubs he played for. Improved greatly at Villareal, but was never elite talent.
My views remain. He doesn't and never had the level for what is expected of a CB at Barca.

YUJAM wrote:
Didn't you watch Bailly in La Liga? He is an excellent passer up there with the likes of Stones. He is at 86 percent. Umtiti is at 92 percent but think the difference is Umtiti gets more shorter passing opps at Barca. Bailly could have thrived at Barca too

But like he I said they are all very good. Let's see how it plays out long term

txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next