Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:01 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:55 pm 

tfco wrote:
:thumbs: :thumbs:

looking like our Eric won MOTM vs Hull

Yup! Our brother don gon' and did it again :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

4 games and 3 MOTM. What a steal by United. After he humiliated Liverpool last season in Europa League, i knew he will be right at home in England :clap:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:58 pm 

Gotti wrote:
wiseone wrote:
I actually think Blind was MOM today against Hull. His composure and technique nicely compliment's Bailly's physicality and sometimes over-enthusiastic tackling.

Bailly's game surpasses mere physicality...
He's technically good, intelligent, quick and physical!

I wanted to respond but decided not to. Physicality. You look at Bailly's technique, superior passing, ball control, anticipation, but its physicality that comes out of your mouth? Smh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:59 pm 

tfco wrote:
txj wrote:
tfco wrote:
:thumbs: :thumbs:

looking like our Eric won MOTM vs Hull

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Great performance against a devastating Hull attack!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

congrats against the world-beating Burnley strikers

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:15 pm 

It is legal to compliment both Bailly and Blind. Complimenting Blind does not detract from Bailly's attributes. Man Utd are allowed to have more than one good defender. In other news, great things I heard:

*"Bailly is the player Man City thought they bought when they bought Mangala". :lol:
*"Daley Blind is the player John Stones thinks he is". :lol:

Gotti wrote:
wiseone wrote:
I actually think Blind was MOM today against Hull. His composure and technique nicely compliment's Bailly's physicality and sometimes over-enthusiastic tackling.

Bailly's game surpasses mere physicality...
He's technically good, intelligent, quick and physical!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:21 pm 

wiseone wrote:
It is legal to compliment both Bailly and Blind. Complimenting Blind does not detract from Bailly's attributes. Man Utd are allowed to have more than one good defender. In other news, great things I heard:

WTF?! :shock:

Who said it was not?
Anyway, it's also legal for 2 different persons to 'compliment' ONE person differently!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:06 pm 

Softly, softly...its only 3 games...
Bailly has only encountered 'nobodys' like Wilson (Bournemouth), Redmond & Long (S'thampton), Henandez (Hull)...

Bigger tests lie ahead; only then shall we judge how really good he is at the EPL...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:12 pm 

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Bailly has only encountered 'nobodys' like Wilson (Bournemouth), Redmond & Long (S'thampton), Henandez (Hull)...

Bigger tests lie ahead; only then shall we judge how really good he is at the EPL...

Those strikers would have a field day with arsenal's defence any day.

Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:31 pm 

rasak74 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Those strikers would have a field day with arsenal's defence any day.

With due respect, Arsenal's central defence (Holding & Chambers) is not the standard used to judge Bailly...
Bailly is supposed to be better, abi?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:57 pm 

I agree. The acid test for Man Utd's defence will come in the next game (Man City) where they will face players of much greater quality (Aguero, Silva, de Bruyne, Sterling, Nolito etc).

As I said earlier in this thread:

"Jose has been very fortunate to start with winnable games against Bournemouth, Southampton, and Hull (two teams that got promoted to the EPL in the past 2 seasons, and another that got promoted to the EPL 3 seasons ago). Moyes' first four games in charge included Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man City! He may still have a job if he'd faced the same teams Jose did in his first 3 games."

FATHER TIKO wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:09 pm 

Aguero may be banned.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:10 pm 

wiseone wrote:
I agree. The acid test for Man Utd's defence will come in the next game (Man City) where they will face players of much greater quality (Aguero, Silva, de Bruyne, Sterling, Nolito etc).

"Jose has been very fortunate to start with winnable games against Bournemouth, Southampton, and Hull (two teams that got promoted to the EPL in the past 2 seasons, and another that got promoted to the EPL 3 seasons ago). Moyes' first four games in charge included Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man City! He may still have a job if he'd faced the same teams Jose did in his first 3 games."

FATHER TIKO wrote:

Reason the exaltation by the pundits maybe misplaced. ManU have played only 3 games that were winnable anyway.
Same with Chelsea & to an extent, ManCity (only testy tie has been WHam, who are injury-plagued).
Last season, ManCity were blowing teams away the first 5 weeks and pundits promptly handed them the title...

I think Klopp's Liverpool look really dangerous (outplayed 2 rivals at their own grounds), and Arsenal shall definitely improve as returning players settle.

Nothing is certain yet.

Its only 3 weeks and people are already handing out credits..?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

Chief. Bailly faced better players in La Liga. But that said I think Man U's defense in general may be exposed against City.

FATHER TIKO wrote:
wiseone wrote:

FATHER TIKO wrote:

Reason the exaltation by the pundits maybe misplaced. ManU have played only 3 games that were winnable anyway.
Same with Chelsea & to an extent, ManCity (only testy tie has been WHam, who are injury-plagued).
Last season, ManCity were blowing teams away the first 5 weeks and pundits promptly handed them the title...

I think Klopp's Liverpool look really dangerous (outplayed 2 rivals at their own grounds), and Arsenal shall definitely improve as returning players settle.

Nothing is certain yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:15 pm 

I actually think the "traditional top 4" (the two Manchester clubs and the two north London EPL clubs) will re-assert their dominance this season. I cannot see Spurs or Leicester finishing in the top 4 season. We have seen that Man City, Man Utd, and Chelsea can just throw extraordinary sums of money about to buy themselves out of trouble if they have a bad season or two. Top 4 is likely to be City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, with Spurs and Liverpool duking it out for 5th and 6th.

FATHER TIKO wrote:

Nothing is certain yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:17 pm 

YUJAM wrote:
Chief. Bailly faced better players in La Liga. But that said I think Man U's defense in general may be exposed against City.

Agreed, against the likes of Suarez, Benzema, Neymar, CR7, Gameiro, Greizman, Torres, and the peerless Messi...
And how exactly did Bailly fare?

That is precisely my point, because Sanchez, Hazard, Aguero, Costa, even a fit Sturridge, or Kane; aren't that far behind those La Liga stars...
That's when to truly assess Bailly...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

FATHER TIKO wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

Agreed, against the likes of Suarez, Benzema, Neymar, CR7, Gameiro, Greizman, Torres, and the peerless Messi...

That is precisely my point, because Sanchez, Hazard, Aguero, Costa, even a fit Sturridge, or Kane; aren't that far behind those La Liga stars...

He had a hard time his first season at Espanyol but midway into his second season, he was holding his own.

But I agree with you that the Man U defense overall will likley suffer against City

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:37 pm 

YUJAM wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

He had a hard time his first season at Espanyol but midway into his second season, he was holding his own.

But I agree with you that the Man U defense overall will likley suffer against City

That's not quite true :biggrin: :biggrin:

But I'm quite happy for brother Bailly that so many are rooting for him, on and off the pitch...Hoping they'll be there when the rough times set in...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:27 pm 

This thread makes me think: has the standard of defending worldwide receded? In this day and age, people are paying nearly 50 million for "work in progress" CDs that are not even the finished article yet. Man City have three center-backs that cost a combined 130 million! (and none of them is the second coming of Baresi) Does the dearth of high quality defenders mean that clubs will pay crazy money for any half decent CD?

The elite defenders today are guys like Pique, Kompany, Silva, Godin, Bonucci. Are any of these guys in the same league as Baresi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, or even other CDs from bygone eras such as Ayala, Vidic, and Puyol?

Last edited by wiseone on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:04 am 

wiseone wrote:
This thread makes me think: has the standard of defending worldwide receded? In this day and age, people are paying nearly 50 million for "work in progress" CDs that are not even the finished article yet. Man City have three center-backs that cost a combined 130 million! (and none of them is the second coming of Baresi) Does the dearth of high quality defenders mean that clubs will pay crazy money for any half decent CD?

The elite defenders today are guys like Pique, Kompany, Silva, Godin, Bonucci. Are any of these guys in the same league as Baresi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, or even other CDs from bygone eras such as Ayala, Vidic, and Puyol?

:oops:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:05 pm 

wiseone wrote:

Bro, I was a participant in a bar-room debate on this topic:

One notion says its a perception issue: in our collective consciousness, outstanding strikers & outstanding CD's seldom co-exist in the same era simply because the acceptance of one automatically implies the non-acceptance of the other.

That is why there is a notion that today's CD's aren't as bad as we're made to believe. So why shouldn't they be a part of the money-ball syndrome in football today? (Sterling, Martial, etc were strikers "over-sold" even though they were still "work-in-progress"...)

Another notion theorizes that these things go in cycles:
CD's today do not necessarily have to be in the class of the Baresi's, Costacurta's, Nesta's for the logical reason that comparable quality cannot exist in every era.
Between the era of Beckenbauer/Moore & the era of Gentile/Cerezo/Klaus Fischer there was a "dearth of outstanding CD's "
Seems we're today passing through another "drought of quality CD's" after the era of Cannavaro/Nesta/Lucio/Puyol etc.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:17 pm 

Look Bailly will make mistakes, all defenders do, City will be a tough game, i think everyone will raise their game, last season, we could not win these matches against the likes of Hull, Southampton, things have certainly changed in the set up, now we have 2 central midfielders protecting our back line

Nigerian Eagles were losing 3 nil, Best Ogedengbe just let in another goal, The NigerIan man slapped his wife and wanted to beat his kid out of frustration, NEPA struck, Irate crowd gathered and beat them to pulp, NEPA restored light with extra current, Alhaji 12 inch TV went so bright, he went blind temporarily, all this happened in 90 minutes
Marko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:21 pm 

kofi86 wrote:
wiseone wrote:

:oops:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:28 pm 

:clap: :clap: :clap:

1st big game.

he did well.

top top player

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

He couldn't cope with Pep's tactics in the first half. He was made to suffer by Debruyne and Kele positioning

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next