TOO MANY AFRICANS PLAYING FOR FRANCE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: TOO MANY AFRICANS PLAYING FOR FRANCE

Post by 1naija »

Schillachi wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:If I had started a thread about the African unemployement rate in France or about French racism most of you would jump back to reality and start berating the French as racists and haters. Since the thread is about France using African players to the detriment of their native countries, it's perfectly fine because they're getting paid well as claimed by the ever myopic Typical Nigerian perspective.

I don't have a problem with African players playing for France but when over 50% of the French team consists on Congolese, Senegalese of Camerounians, then who will play for those countries?

In 1990, Cameroun reached the quarter finals of the WC. 26yrs later,that feat is yet to be surpassed by an African team at the wc. Infact, only 2 other African teams have made it that far. Most African teams that qualify for the WC are quickly disposed of in the group stages. In 2000, France won it with the help of great African players like Zidane, Desaily,Makalele and Thuram. No biggie, they're French anyway!

But what has happenned to the countries that those players would have represented? Anybody care to list their achievements?

The Yorubas say that " Ti a ban sun ekun a si ma ri rán". Sorry it's no red pen Shakespearean English, it simply means that when one cries, one can still see. A lot of you people are crying but you can't see. Your tears have gotten in the way,you can no longer see what's happening to you. Instead, you hold on to ideals that have never yielded much benefit to you or your kin.
A wise man once said "It's better to be quiet and be thought of as a fool, than open one's mouth and remove all doubt"..
Bitchy, you were doing good, so why did you decide to remove the doubt now? :???: :mad:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

aykwes8 wrote:too many Africans going to Europe or France for that matter
Where u at?
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

asabe wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:too many Africans going to Europe or France for that matter
Where u at?
I'm not the one complaining that Europe is "stealing" African players. If we keep running away from home nobody has the right to complain. stay home and have your children at home if you don't like seeing black faces on European teams
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I still don't see any solution. Just complaints ... Why do Africans always complaint?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bepanda wrote:I still don't see any solution. Just complaints ... Why do Africans always complaint?
Solution to what? If they stayed in their country they wouldn't be the players they are now. They have all been trained from youth in the French system, so they are French players, back in their country they wouldn't receive this same level of training. The people that trained them deserve to use them, and even the left overs that are not good enough for the European teams are good enough for the African ones.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Africans can only allowed to win World Cup for Oyinbo country. American basketball teams are only Blacks and nobody see anything wrong with it.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The one I am uneasy about is Belgium.

Belgium committed one of the worst atrocities in human history, and there has been very little acknowledgment of this.

Players like Lukaku, Batshuayi and Kompany are the descendants of people that were ravaged by Belgium in the worst possible manner, and yet the recent administrations have done little to reconcile this problem.

I can understand playing for the country you know, I have said it here more than most, but there is something very dark about playing for them. Each to their own, but if I were born in Belgium as a Congolese, I would not play for them.

Imagine a Jew playing for Germany, if there had been little acknowledgement of the holocaust! The genocide in Congo should be as publicized and acknowledged as the holocaust.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

mastermind wrote:Africans can only allowed to win World Cup for Oyinbo country. American basketball teams are only Blacks and nobody see anything wrong with it.

Mostly
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
blueangel wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It just didn't feel right to me,Yes they were born there,they only know France and all that stuff. Something about it just don't look right.
I see your point.
I met different French people on vacation in the USA on separate occasions.
Talked football ( soccer ) with them. Told them they have a very good French National team. They always just shrugged their shoulders with no comments.
The vacationers were all white. I was surprised. They appeared to know so much and loved soccer. Later i realized why they were Not so Enthused.
Hmm, I saw an awful lot of them, mostly white, cheering their team on furiously in their opening game...I guess those guys didn't get the memo?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tbite, the atrocities of Leopold and his band of nihilists is indeed a story that needs to be told. T’is unlikely Belgium will talk of their murderous monarch and thus it is for Africa to speak on its own behalf. History is written by the victors, by that is not to condemn that of the vanquished to the abyss of irrelevance. Are there Congolese in Cyberia, those born and bred, schooled and educated? Do they teach, in detail, the history of Congo and the bloodletting of the Belgians? What of other parts of Africa, is this crime against the lack man taught in densely populated Black leviathans such as Nigeria and Ghana, Ethiopia and Eritrea?

Returning to the case of those of Congolese lineage representing Belgium, there are few countries that have not inflicted some great tragedy upon its people. There are those of Irish origin who wear the St George’s cross for instance. Many countries in Africa have been beset by civil war, with warring factions starved into submission. Children multilated, mothers, daughters raped at will, husbands beheaded, all in the name of ethnic cleansing and yet, these collages of cultures and tribes, come together under one banner. Should they do otherwise?

What does Victor Moses see every time he dons the eagle green? The country that killed his parents or his homeland?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Coach wrote:@Tbite, the atrocities of Leopold and his band of nihilists is indeed a story that needs to be told. T’is unlikely Belgium will talk of their murderous monarch and thus it is for Africa to speak on its own behalf. History is written by the victors, by that is not to condemn that of the vanquished to the abyss of irrelevance. Are there Congolese in Cyberia, those born and bred, schooled and educated? Do they teach, in detail, the history of Congo and the bloodletting of the Belgians? What of other parts of Africa, is this crime against the lack man taught in densely populated Black leviathans such as Nigeria and Ghana, Ethiopia and Eritrea?

Returning to the case of those of Congolese lineage representing Belgium, there are few countries that have not inflicted some great tragedy upon its people. There are those of Irish origin who wear the St George’s cross for instance. Many countries in Africa have been beset by civil war, with warring factions starved into submission. Children multilated, mothers, daughters raped at will, husbands beheaded, all in the name of ethnic cleansing and yet, these collages of cultures and tribes, come together under one banner. Should they do otherwise?

What does Victor Moses see every time he dons the eagle green? The country that killed his parents or his homeland?
I knew someone might mention Moses, actually I was going to mention it, but I thought it may be insensitive to compare one man's suffering with well...anything else.

But I see the two situations 'differently, in any case I have even mentioned on CE here many times that I would not be offended if Moses did not play for us. I could dig it up, but I'm sure you'll take my word for it.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

mastermind wrote:Africans can only allowed to win World Cup for Oyinbo country. American basketball teams are only Blacks and nobody see anything wrong with it.
they chose to move to france etc. we didn't have a choice :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tbite, home is home. Lukaku et al are Belgians, that is their home and they have done mighty fine becoming national representatives. A privilege only select few ever achieve.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

KDB is eligible to play for Burundi via his mum. How exactly did his mum get Burundian citizenship?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

wiseone wrote:KDB is eligible to play for Burundi via his mum. How exactly did his mum get Burundian citizenship?!
she was born there.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Did Burundi make any effort to approach Tintin?
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

highbury wrote:
Coach wrote:A plantation who's Solomon Northups are multimillionaires, not by virtue of their skill alone. The Major of London has had more chapattis than eggs sunny side up, t'is the world today...and so be it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the line-up, lest one forget, these players, blacker than midnight in Soweto, were chosen as national representatives. One day, in an M.Knight Shyamalan epic, Africa will be serious enough for people to take pride in being part of its purpose. Till then, Chris Iwelumo!
Why does it seem like you get off from posting statements in a word salad version that doesn't make sense? Did you finish elementary school? I think the statements you make clearly masquerade your deficiencies.
:rotf: he is Obahigbon’s brother
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

Coach wrote:@Tbite, the atrocities of Leopold and his band of nihilists is indeed a story that needs to be told. T’is unlikely Belgium will talk of their murderous monarch and thus it is for Africa to speak on its own behalf. History is written by the victors, by that is not to condemn that of the vanquished to the abyss of irrelevance. Are there Congolese in Cyberia, those born and bred, schooled and educated? Do they teach, in detail, the history of Congo and the bloodletting of the Belgians? What of other parts of Africa, is this crime against the lack man taught in densely populated Black leviathans such as Nigeria and Ghana, Ethiopia and Eritrea?

A good question all hypocrites here will ignore.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

The funny thing is these players play like Africans (African style of football). If it's only training how come France can't just train Oyinbo boys that could not make to the world Cup 3 times in a row?

Lukaku look like Yekini out there, when I see him I see a west African striker, nothing in his game is Belgian, his role model are also African strikers like eto and Drogba.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mastermind wrote:The funny thing is these players play like Africans (African style of football). If it's only training how come France can't just train Oyinbo boys that could not make to the world Cup 3 times in a row?

Lukaku look like Yekini out there, when I see him I see a west African striker, nothing in his game is Belgian, his role model are also African strikers like eto and Drogba.
If they played like Africans they wouldn’t be in the WC finals right now, so not sure what you are on about...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Nothing in his game and yet everything in the game is Belgian. Africa as a whole, needs to strengthen its pulling power. Outside of sport, the brain drain is evident in all sectors, some of Nigeria’s acutest minds are cherry picked by the transatlantic smash and grab. When the nation as a whole can offer more or equal, fewer will see the need to flee the nest.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

bamenda boy wrote: :agree:
My brother, what do you want the african raise in France to do. Few years ago, Laurent Blanc complained that there were too many africans in the french national team, to the detriment of white players. He argued that africans were stronger physically, and at youth level they were chosen ahead of european players. He even proposed the idea of a quota to limit the number of african players. When you go to France you see the discrimination that africans face there. A sociologist made the following experiment. He wrote two identical cv, one with a senegalese sounding name and one with a french sounding name. He found that the cv with the french sounding name received 5 more phone call for interview than senegalese sounding name. Now if in football the situation is not as bad and talented african player can received the job offers they deserve, should not that be something worth celebrating?
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

King Futcha wrote:
they chose to move to france etc. we didn't have a choice :)
Most of these guys were either born in Europe or move there as kids. :D