Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:54 am
Posts: 1217
this is a very daft thread tbh...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:14 pm
Posts: 3984
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
It just didn't feel right to me,Yes they were born there,they only know France and all that stuff. Something about it just don't look right.


Unlike the US basketball teams right? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:48 pm
Posts: 21698
Blacks represent America in basketball and track and field. It feels right to me.

_________________
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28720
highbury wrote:
Coach wrote:
A plantation who's Solomon Northups are multimillionaires, not by virtue of their skill alone. The Major of London has had more chapattis than eggs sunny side up, t'is the world today...and so be it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the line-up, lest one forget, these players, blacker than midnight in Soweto, were chosen as national representatives. One day, in an M.Knight Shyamalan epic, Africa will be serious enough for people to take pride in being part of its purpose. Till then, Chris Iwelumo!


Why does it seem like you get off from posting statements in a word salad version that doesn't make sense? Did you finish elementary school? I think the statements you make clearly masquerade your deficiencies.


Was it really that coded? Or perhaps starting the book on the 4th page has led to the confusion.

As for elementary school, neither attended nor finished. Statements, deficiencies...and all because Highbury didn't understand. Apologies my good man, too much Lupe Fiasco.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49551
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
It just didn't feel right to me,Yes they were born there,they only know France and all that stuff. Something about it just don't look right.


France benefits from these players. It's not just now. Remember 1998 and 2000.

But why are you complaining? You don't even want want players of Nigerian descent to play for Nigeria, your own country. I doubt if you even know what you want because should a Nigerian born in France is in a quandary of which country to play for, I guess you will say he shouldn't play for Nigeria and it won't be right to play for France either.

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:08 pm
Posts: 7969
Some people really do have very high opinions of themselves :) :) :) :) :) :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm
Posts: 4241
Coach wrote:
highbury wrote:
Coach wrote:
A plantation who's Solomon Northups are multimillionaires, not by virtue of their skill alone. The Major of London has had more chapattis than eggs sunny side up, t'is the world today...and so be it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the line-up, lest one forget, these players, blacker than midnight in Soweto, were chosen as national representatives. One day, in an M.Knight Shyamalan epic, Africa will be serious enough for people to take pride in being part of its purpose. Till then, Chris Iwelumo!


Why does it seem like you get off from posting statements in a word salad version that doesn't make sense? Did you finish elementary school? I think the statements you make clearly masquerade your deficiencies.


Was it really that coded? Or perhaps starting the book on the 4th page has led to the confusion.

As for elementary school, neither attended nor finished. Statements, deficiencies...and all because Highbury didn't understand. Apologies my good man, too much Lupe Fiasco.



That explains your lack of articulation


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 pm
Posts: 11854
France always had a large Black contingent, I recall the 1980s Les Blues had a black captain and 5 black players.


Last edited by realtrouble on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31112
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Kongi take time get serious inferiority complex...wasn't the 70,000 stadium 80% White French fans? Yeye Ibadan man.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 pm
Posts: 11854
Black I Ras wrote:
Too many Africans obsessed with europe.


France soft power over their submissive black African and Caribbean colonies.


Last edited by realtrouble on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72973
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
highbury wrote:
Coach wrote:
A plantation who's Solomon Northups are multimillionaires, not by virtue of their skill alone. The Major of London has had more chapattis than eggs sunny side up, t'is the world today...and so be it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the line-up, lest one forget, these players, blacker than midnight in Soweto, were chosen as national representatives. One day, in an M.Knight Shyamalan epic, Africa will be serious enough for people to take pride in being part of its purpose. Till then, Chris Iwelumo!


Why does it seem like you get off from posting statements in a word salad version that doesn't make sense? Did you finish elementary school? I think the statements you make clearly masquerade your deficiencies.


what did you not understand?

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:55 am
Posts: 3542
Location: khumusalaba
tfco wrote:
highbury wrote:
Coach wrote:
A plantation who's Solomon Northups are multimillionaires, not by virtue of their skill alone. The Major of London has had more chapattis than eggs sunny side up, t'is the world today...and so be it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the line-up, lest one forget, these players, blacker than midnight in Soweto, were chosen as national representatives. One day, in an M.Knight Shyamalan epic, Africa will be serious enough for people to take pride in being part of its purpose. Till then, Chris Iwelumo!


Why does it seem like you get off from posting statements in a word salad version that doesn't make sense? Did you finish elementary school? I think the statements you make clearly masquerade your deficiencies.


what did you not understand?

Was wondering that myself...

_________________
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28720
@Tf, the trusty red pen....appreciated.As for the difficulty in a rather basic text, one is as befuddled as the both of you. What's more confusing is, having failed to grasp the concept of a piece as complicated as the dumb blonde, the reader finished throwing a hook at the writer's poor education.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36573
Location: Somewhere
kalamashaka wrote:
tfco wrote:
highbury wrote:
Coach wrote:
A plantation who's Solomon Northups are multimillionaires, not by virtue of their skill alone. The Major of London has had more chapattis than eggs sunny side up, t'is the world today...and so be it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the line-up, lest one forget, these players, blacker than midnight in Soweto, were chosen as national representatives. One day, in an M.Knight Shyamalan epic, Africa will be serious enough for people to take pride in being part of its purpose. Till then, Chris Iwelumo!


Why does it seem like you get off from posting statements in a word salad version that doesn't make sense? Did you finish elementary school? I think the statements you make clearly masquerade your deficiencies.


what did you not understand?

Was wondering that myself...


Shaka Zulu, long time to see. Welcome back, fellow Arsenalist. Your other Shaka, Granit has joined The Arsenal :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72973
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
Coach wrote:
@Tf, the trusty red pen....appreciated.As for the difficulty in a rather basic text, one is as befuddled as the both of you. What's more confusing is, having failed to grasp the concept of a piece as complicated as the dumb blonde, the reader finished throwing a hook at the writer's poor education.


:lol:

He's one of yours, he's one of yours, An Arsenalist, he's one of yours

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15677
If I had started a thread about the African unemployement rate in France or about French racism most of you would jump back to reality and start berating the French as racists and haters. Since the thread is about France using African players to the detriment of their native countries, it's perfectly fine because they're getting paid well as claimed by the ever myopic Typical Nigerian perspective.

I don't have a problem with African players playing for France but when over 50% of the French team consists on Congolese, Senegalese of Camerounians, then who will play for those countries?

In 1990, Cameroun reached the quarter finals of the WC. 26yrs later,that feat is yet to be surpassed by an African team at the wc. Infact, only 2 other African teams have made it that far. Most African teams that qualify for the WC are quickly disposed of in the group stages. In 2000, France won it with the help of great African players like Zidane, Desaily,Makalele and Thuram. No biggie, they're French anyway!

But what has happenned to the countries that those players would have represented? Anybody care to list their achievements?

The Yorubas say that " Ti a ban sun ekun a si ma ri rán". Sorry it's no red pen Shakespearean English, it simply means that when one cries, one can still see. A lot of you people are crying but you can't see. Your tears have gotten in the way,you can no longer see what's happening to you. Instead, you hold on to ideals that have never yielded much benefit to you or your kin.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Posts: 15083
Location: Texas
- France: Steve Mandanda (G, Marseille, DR Congo), Patrice Evra (D, Juventus, Senegal), Eliaquim Mangala (D, Manchester City, DR Congo), Adil Rami (D, Sevilla, Morocco), Bacary Sagna ( D, Manchester City, Senegal), Samuel Umtiti (D, Lyon, Cameroon), Ngolo Kanté (M, Leicester City, Mali), Blaise Matuidi (M, PSG, Angola), Paul Pogba (M, Juventus, Guinea) Moussa Sissoko (M, Newcastle, Mali). Romania: nil. Albania: nil. Switzerland: Johan Djourou (D, Hamburg, Ivory Coast), François Moubandje (D, Toulouse, Cameroon), Gelson Fernandes (M Rennes, Cape Verde), Denis Zakaria (M, Young Boys Berne, DR Congo), Breel Embolo (A, FC Basel, Cameroon).
-
-
-

group B

- England: Ryan Bertrand (DM, Southampton, Egypt), Dele Alli (M, Tottenham, Nigeria). Russia: nothing. Wales: Hal Robson-Kanu (A, Reading, Nigeria). Slovakia: None.
-
-
-

group C

- Germany Jerome Boateng (D, Bayern Munich, Ghana), Jonathan Tah (D, Bayer Leverkusen, Ivory Coast), Sami Khedira (M, Juventus, Tunisia), Leroy Sane (A, Schalke 04, Senegal). Ukraine : nothing. Poland: none. Northern Ireland: nil.
-
-
-

group D

- Spain: nothing. Czech Republic: Theodor Gebre Selassie (D, SV Werder Bremen, Ethiopia). Turkey: nil. Croatia: nil.
-
-
-

group E

- Belgium: Christian Kabasele (D, Genk, DR Congo), Jordan Lukaku (D, Ostend, DR Congo), Moussa Dembele (M, Tottenham, Mali), Marouane Fellaini (M, Manchester United, Morocco), Michy Batshuayi (A, Marseille, DR Congo), Christian Benteke (A, Liverpool, DR Congo), Romelu Lukaku (A, Everton, DR Congo), Divock Origi (A, Liverpool, Kenya). Italy: Angelo Ogbonna (D, West Ham, Nigeria) , Stephan El Shaarawy (A, AS Roma, Egypt). Ireland: nil. Sweden: nil.
-
-
-

group F

- Portugal: Eliseu (D, Benfica Lisbon, Cape Verde), William Carvalho (M, Sporting Portugal, Angola), Joao Mario (M, Sporting Portugal, Cape Verde), Renato Sanches (M, Bayern Munich, Cape Verde) Eder (A, Lille, Guinea Bissau), Nani (A, Fenerbahce, Cape Verde). Iceland : none. Austria: David Alaba (D, Bayern Munich, Nigeria). Hungary: nil.

_________________
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72973
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
If I had started a thread about the African unemployement rate in France or about French racism most of you would jump back to reality and start berating the French as racists and haters. Since the thread is about France using African players to the detriment of their native countries, it's perfectly fine because they're getting paid well as claimed by the ever myopic Typical Nigerian perspective.


Really?
So players like Vieira, Desaiily were USED to the detriment of Senegal/Ghana? How about the players WANT TO play for France.

What about German players of Austrian or Polish descent? Are they being USED?


Quote:
I don't have a problem with African players playing for France but when over 50% of the French team consists on Congolese, Senegalese of Camerounians, then who will play for those countries?


I think the African countries you listed have done fairly well by also having players who WANT TO play for them

Do you have a problem with Austria USING David Alaba, or is your problem just with France?

.

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 pm
Posts: 11854
The Swiss team is full of Albania, Black African and Turks, only the goalkeeper is an ethnic Swiss


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:35 pm
Posts: 4025
Location: USA
Payet is fro Reunion Island so he is an african

_________________
"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15677
tfco wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
If I had started a thread about the African unemployement rate in France or about French racism most of you would jump back to reality and start berating the French as racists and haters. Since the thread is about France using African players to the detriment of their native countries, it's perfectly fine because they're getting paid well as claimed by the ever myopic Typical Nigerian perspective.


Really?
So players like Vieira, Desaiily were USED to the detriment of Senegal/Ghana? How about the players WANT TO play for France.

What about German players of Austrian or Polish descent? Are they being USED?


Quote:
I don't have a problem with African players playing for France but when over 50% of the French team consists on Congolese, Senegalese of Camerounians, then who will play for those countries?


I think the African countries you listed have done fairly well by also having players who WANT TO play for them

Do you have a problem with Austria USING David Alaba, or is your problem just with France?

.


That's a false equivalence! This issue is not for Simps.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20798
Location: Ukwuani
highbury wrote:
Coach wrote:
A plantation who's Solomon Northups are multimillionaires, not by virtue of their skill alone. The Major of London has had more chapattis than eggs sunny side up, t'is the world today...and so be it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the line-up, lest one forget, these players, blacker than midnight in Soweto, were chosen as national representatives. One day, in an M.Knight Shyamalan epic, Africa will be serious enough for people to take pride in being part of its purpose. Till then, Chris Iwelumo!

Why does it seem like you get off from posting statements in a word salad version that doesn't make sense? Did you finish elementary school? I think the statements you make clearly masquerade your deficiencies.

Eh? I thought it is ONLY me! Frankly speaking, a lot of times I don't know what Coach is talking about. From the little I know, if others cannot decode your message, then the meaning of the message is lost; therefore, a waste of time. In this case (internet), a waste of bandwidth (space) as well

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:17 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 19787
Location: Canada
bamenda boy wrote:
- France: Steve Mandanda (G, Marseille, DR Congo), Patrice Evra (D, Juventus, Senegal), Eliaquim Mangala (D, Manchester City, DR Congo), Adil Rami (D, Sevilla, Morocco), Bacary Sagna ( D, Manchester City, Senegal), Samuel Umtiti (D, Lyon, Cameroon), Ngolo Kanté (M, Leicester City, Mali), Blaise Matuidi (M, PSG, Angola), Paul Pogba (M, Juventus, Guinea) Moussa Sissoko (M, Newcastle, Mali). Romania: nil. Albania: nil. Switzerland: Johan Djourou (D, Hamburg, Ivory Coast), François Moubandje (D, Toulouse, Cameroon), Gelson Fernandes (M Rennes, Cape Verde), Denis Zakaria (M, Young Boys Berne, DR Congo), Breel Embolo (A, FC Basel, Cameroon).
-
-
-

group B

- England: Ryan Bertrand (DM, Southampton, Egypt), Dele Alli (M, Tottenham, Nigeria). Russia: nothing. Wales: Hal Robson-Kanu (A, Reading, Nigeria). Slovakia: None.
-
-
-

group C

- Germany Jerome Boateng (D, Bayern Munich, Ghana), Jonathan Tah (D, Bayer Leverkusen, Ivory Coast), Sami Khedira (M, Juventus, Tunisia), Leroy Sane (A, Schalke 04, Senegal). Ukraine : nothing. Poland: none. Northern Ireland: nil.
-
-
-

group D

- Spain: nothing. Czech Republic: Theodor Gebre Selassie (D, SV Werder Bremen, Ethiopia). Turkey: nil. Croatia: nil.
-
-
-

group E

- Belgium: Christian Kabasele (D, Genk, DR Congo), Jordan Lukaku (D, Ostend, DR Congo), Moussa Dembele (M, Tottenham, Mali), Marouane Fellaini (M, Manchester United, Morocco), Michy Batshuayi (A, Marseille, DR Congo), Christian Benteke (A, Liverpool, DR Congo), Romelu Lukaku (A, Everton, DR Congo), Divock Origi (A, Liverpool, Kenya). Italy: Angelo Ogbonna (D, West Ham, Nigeria) , Stephan El Shaarawy (A, AS Roma, Egypt). Ireland: nil. Sweden: nil.
-
-
-

group F

- Portugal: Eliseu (D, Benfica Lisbon, Cape Verde), William Carvalho (M, Sporting Portugal, Angola), Joao Mario (M, Sporting Portugal, Cape Verde), Renato Sanches (M, Bayern Munich, Cape Verde) Eder (A, Lille, Guinea Bissau), Nani (A, Fenerbahce, Cape Verde). Iceland : none. Austria: David Alaba (D, Bayern Munich, Nigeria). Hungary: nil.

That's a lot! When you put it this way I see the point but we can't have it both ways. If these players were not treated as french economically and socially, we would be complaining. They're where they are because of the platform provided by these countries to enhance their natural talent. I'd be more worried if these countries are simply searching through african countries and naturalizing the best football talents, like how they stole our resources.

This tells us how much potential we have if we could just develop our leagues. There are probably more naturally talented guys back home in Africa, we all saw them in secondary school.

The Canadian national team is filled with europeans and carribeans of first and second generation. Some of them in their later years simply migrated and applied for permanent citizenship enroute to citizenship and joined the team. Similar to an international student joining a college team.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], gurrano, Man Ataye and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group