BEN TV- SKY Channel 238 to steal live broadcast of ANC 2004

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
BEN TV- SKY Channel 238 to steal live broadcast of ANC 2004

Post by marko »

BEN TV,the controversial British based satellite channel hopes to broadcast live matches from the forthcoming African nations cup by virtually stealing or in Nigeria,we will say tapping the live matches from other sources like the BBC,Eurosport or AIT-They plan to transmit live pictures without sound for our enjoyment,at the last Nigeria-Brazil match,they showed us the match with no commentary-Is this against the law???
I sent an e-mail a couple weeks ago and they confirmed to me that were working hard to show the Nigerian matches live,which means they are going to be up to no good.
Can someone remind BEN TV that piracy is illegal in the UK and they could be arrested :lol:

Super Eagles-Definition- 22 men that claim they can play football
Last edited by marko on Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Not only is it illegal, but what is the point? If you have BEN then you'll most likely, also have Eurosport and will definetly have BBC 2 and 3. So why would anyone watch a soundless broadcast on BEN?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well that is what i thought whiles watching the Nigerian-Brazil match,well least they done us a favour by not speaking whiles we were suffering on the pitch :lol:
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

BEN TV is in partnership with AIT, so they can get their live feed from the AIT studio in Lagos. If you have noticed lately they hook up with AIT for some hours.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

thats quite true-well if you want a heart attack come tueday,listen to the African commentary :lol:

Marko
Nobleman
Egg
Egg

Post by Nobleman »

With Eurosport, BBC 2 & 3, I don't think there is need for BEN at this time.
bigtruth
Egg
Egg

Post by bigtruth »

Controversial? What is controversial about them?

Marco, At least some Africans are making efforts to bring Africa oriented TV to us in the UK, to show the positives about Africa. As for the stealing of programmes, I think you need to know your facts right before making a seroiusly damaging statement like this. I am sure those in the know will say otherwise.
For me I will support them all the way.
One thing I know is that things can only get better for them.
It Is Well.

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ive got alot of respect for BEN TV even though they need more technical support iam all for them & what ever they plan, ONE LUV
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well why cant BEN TV be professional like other TV channels-why do we like to praise 2nd rated TV channels because thy happen to show Nigerian programmes-for example on satuday,they advertised live football matches for 4.30PM till 6.03PM,what did they show?? music for 2 hours-this is just common sense speaking here

Marko
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

I'm with u there Marko. They had some rubbish on where the programme titles were listed as African Football
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

thats what am talking about -it is not rocket science to have to show exactly what was advertised

Marko
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Since they were meant to link up with AIT. Ben could not show the match because AIT had problems in Lagos.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well fair enough-lets see what they come up with tommorow-it will be better watching the commentary from eurosport

Marko