TOGO to stand by Claude Le Roy...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
TOGO to stand by Claude Le Roy...

Post by Enugu II »

Claude LeRoy will not be sacked as Togo stand with him
By Ahmad Yousef
Posted on June 22, 2016
http://www.kingfut.com/2016/06/22/claud ... ogo-stand/

The Togo Football Association has decided not to sack manager Claude LeRoy after he was sentenced to 2 years in prison.
The former Cameroon and Senegal manager was sentenced to two years in prison after being found guilty of fraudulent activity whilst at Racing Strasbourg between 1998 and 2003.
The High Court of Stasbourg suspended 18 months of the sentence, however the newly appointed Togo manager completely denies any wrongdoing.
Whilst speaking to the BBC Claude LeRoy said, “I know concerning Strasbourg that I’m completely clear. All I have to do is wait the decision of the president of the tribunal on 13 September.”
LeRoy was sentenced alongside his club’s former president Patrick Proisy who was jailed for three years with 30 months of that being suspended.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics