Group B: Algeria, Nigeria, Zambia, Cameroon

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Group B: Algeria, Nigeria, Zambia, Cameroon

Post by kalani JR »

wanaj0 wrote:
mystic wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Synopsis wrote:I have read some posts on an Algerian football site. They are just as worried as us. A lot of them fear our attack against their slow defense and they realize teams like Nigeria struggle in some matches but come alive when it matters the most.

Of course they are worried. Nobody is saying they shouldn't be worried. No team in their right mind would want to be in a group with Nigeria. Having said that , no team in their right mind would want to be paired with Algeria.

Even if both teams are at optimum output the chances would be around 50/50.

The problem is that Nigeria right now is well below optimum output and Algeria is much closer to their max potential.

First off , do we hire the proper coach ?

Second off , does this coach have enough time to turn the disaster around ?

We shall see, but for me this is a dice roll. Zambia will only play spoilers, Cameroon will also be a tough nut to crack.

We have the players, but do we have the coach and the team ?

Thirdly, does the NFF help or hinder the team?

Nigeria's problems go beyond coaching. Yes. We need a proper coach (very important!!) but we also need an FA that will do their part.
We also need REASONABLE fans. Part of the confusion in NFF was caused by ignorant football fans and there are MANY of them in Nigeria.
If the NFF are that affected by fan sentiments then they aren't a serious organization or one worth a damn.
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I have a feeling I will enjoy the world cup come Russia 2018.
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Inshall Allah we will win this group. We need a very good coach, win all our three games at home and pick up at worse a two draws away. 10 or 11 points will win this group.
Coaches are not miracle workers. To do well, you need a team that has been working together for a long time plus good planning/administration.

It takes time to get a collection of individuals to play as a team. First, we need to appoint a coach, the coach needs to transmit his tactical/strategic ideas to his chosen players, the players need time to assimilate the coach's ideas, and the players need to put those ideas into practice and perfect them over a certain period of time. It takes years of stability and constant work to build a good team (preferably the four years between world cups).

The fact that we don't even have a coach yet says everything.

Same thing applies to the other teams in the group. Quit panicking before the first whistle is blown.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Its the Naija coping strategy.
Predict total doom so you won't be too devastated if it happens.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

oloye wrote:The sad truth is the SE is not going to qualify for any major tournament under Pinic. By the time the we cannot pay you in dollars confusion begins the campaign would be all over. By the way,have we hired a coach yet?
KPOM
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:Difficult group
More than difficult! Any of these teams can qualify from the group. As usual, watch us ignore preparations till two days to the first game and to blame the coaching crew for our failure
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robotnik wrote:Don't be surprised to see the standing at the end of the qualifiers

Algeria +11pts
Cameroon +9pts
Zambia +6pts
Nigeria +6pts
:lol: :lol: :lol: Anything is possible, but with the way we have done lately, what you wrote is very possible.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

When are the dates for Cameroon vs Nigeria? It has been long we robbed shoulders.
Whatever happens I will enjoy those two games and the build up to it.

Russia 2018 go sweet. :tic:
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:scared: Oh boy.
No one is going to beat Algeria in their country. They will get at least 7 points at home. The group winner will be the ones that get most points away.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

The way I see this group, 12 points will win it. Get all 9 points at home and get 3 points somewhere on the road. The koko of the matter is that we cannot afford to drop points at home...It is really as simple as ABC...Btw lets choose a venue at home and stick to it.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cyrilndo wrote:When are the dates for Cameroon vs Nigeria? It has been long we robbed shoulders.
Whatever happens I will enjoy those two games and the build up to it.

Russia 2018 go sweet. :tic:
what are you stealing?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I agree with you. The group is so tight that Nigeria cannot afford to drop points at home. They must clean sweep and win all their home games. Target one away win (Zambia?), and one away draw (Algeria?). An away draw against Algeria is the most important of all as it will rob them of 2 points.

So please - no playing home matches in Kano in 100F degrees afternoon heat. Play the games under floodlights, at reasonable times that do not take the players to the point of collapse.
Robbynice wrote:The way I see this group, 12 points will win it. Get all 9 points at home and get 3 points somewhere on the road.
The koko of the matter is that we cannot afford to drop points at home...It is really as simple as ABC...Btw lets choose a venue at home and stick to it.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Well I be damned! How can this be a World Cup qualifying group? You have to be kidding! I am sure even CAF has never seen anything like before.

The kind of Nigeria 11 that will top this group will have:
Enyeama, Okafor, Keshi, Okechukwu, Babayaro, Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, Amuneke, Amokachi and Yekini and coached by Shuaibu Amodu.

Barring a miracle, forward and onward to Qatar in 2022.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Rawlings wrote:why are you all scared :shock:

Naija won the U-17 world cup in 2013 & 2015 :clap:
Result: You have many great players in the pipeline to help overcome such a tough group
..or did i miss something :winking:
Mr Rawlings my feelings exactly. Am I missing something here of the fear being execrated here. Didn't this country Nigeria World Cup Champions in the last 2 U17. Championships? So what seems to be the problem/.? aaaahhhh yes not integrity to use young and talented players they have. Not corruption but - WICKEDNESS.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Whoever gets out of this one alive will be battle ready...or worn out

Either way Im looking forward

I wish Nigeria well and nothing the doom and gloom prophets will do to dampen my positive spirits for the team. I actually think we stand a very good chance

GO EAGLES
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote:This isn't the group of death, this is the GROUP OF CHAMPIONS!

Tough group and I would have preferred to avoid Algeria, but I love that we are in a difficult group because it forces us to step up or sit down. So there is no need to be quaking in our boots. If we get our act together (which admittedly is a big "if") there is no reason why we can't qualify from this group. And if we can't get it together then we will deservedly be sitting on the sidelines when the Mundial begins. Indeed I think that this is exactly what our young team needs in terms of their development - a baptism of fire which will mean that we are ready for the World Cup if we qualify, and which many of our players will grow as internationals regardless of the outcome of the group.

Furthermore, this is a group where no team is likely to run away with it - meaning that if you don't get off to the greatest of starts, you are still likely to have your destiny in your hands as every team is capable of beating each other. I also find it interesting that just as in 1994 our qualifying journey ends in Algeria.

Should be a fun group.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote:Thirdly, does the NFF help or hinder the team?

Nigeria's problems go beyond coaching. Yes. We need a proper coach (very important!!) but we also need an FA that will do their part.
If we had an FA that does it part, we would have already had a proper coach...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

4 defenders and 6 attackers. Let us hope the opposition never try to play the ball through midfield.
Goldleaf wrote:Well I be damned! How can this be a World Cup qualifying group? You have to be kidding! I am sure even CAF has never seen anything like before.

The kind of Nigeria 11 that will top this group will have:
Enyeama, Okafor, Keshi, Okechukwu, Babayaro, Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, Amuneke, Amokachi and Yekini and coached by Shuaibu Amodu.

Barring a miracle, forward and onward to Qatar in 2022.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

Gotti wrote:
That is how true warriors react :clap: :clap:

Super Eagles Apparel Storefront

http://bit.ly/2KAOOse
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

What has Hayatou been doing? How can he put Cameroon in such a group?
Cameroon is 0 and 6 in the last 2 world cups combined. With better talent than today.
Why would Cameroon want to go to the world Cup again?the best thing to happen to Cameroon would be to just stay home and solve their billions of other problems.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

EagleGunner wrote:
Gotti wrote:
That is how true warriors react :clap: :clap:
KPOM KWEM!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Qualifications will happen only through A combination of a number of factors

1. The NFF put all the nonsense amateurish ways aside and have a proper strategy in terms of team planning, friendlies, bonuses, avoiding their usual shenanigans

2. The players understanding what time it is..... We need a real leader amongst men. I am sorry for all his profile and undoubtable experience JMO does not strike me as the sort of player that will rally his troops outside the pitch etc and make them understand that they'll need to win and play on inspite and despite the FA. Who knows if he'll even bother to show up.

3. We need strongly bloody single minded individuals - a combination of the Westerhof and Keshi of the now or indeed an Amodu type coach.

It is doable but we have to get our $#% sorted long before we enter the pitch. Aside from an Onazi and perhaps the retired Vincent, I don't see any of the current bunch with a hard #$% winning mentality willing to lay it all - I am sorry too many Lilly- livered pussies who are great as individuals but lack the hard #$% commitment to see failure to qualify as not an option.

What we lack in 'skill' department we are going to have to make up with a proper die-hard attitude and for the first time in a long time we appear to be deficient in both;both on the pitch and in the technical/coaching department - now is the time for the warriors in men be they players coaches or administrators to rise up but I am sorry I see no men of such calibre in our current set up.

Good luck to the Eagles I will root for them as always but we need to get our $#% together like yesterday.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

This is a very difficult group. In the last few games, we have shown some signs of improvements. We are going to be need to at our best to have any chance of qualifying.