Group B: Algeria, Nigeria, Zambia, Cameroon

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Group B: Algeria, Nigeria, Zambia, Cameroon

Post by tfco »

discuss

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Group B: Algeria, Nigeria, Zambia, Cameroon

Post by ohenhen1 »

Difficult group
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Sink or Swim. Do or Die.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Slaughterhouse. Algeria should be favored. That being said, each team in this group will take unexpected scalps. It will be a war of attrition... Anyteam wey survive this cauldron will be well prepared for the main dance.

Chei Eagles back in Younde again... smh
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Extreme.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria will be prepared for the world cup if we qualify.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria will be prepared for the world cup if we qualify.
cup is half full :laugh:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

I think we need a foreign coach this time, and I'm saying this out of morbid fear...playing Cameroon is rekindling an explosive old time rivalry, Algeria is easily the most lethal African team right now...Zambia is another very tough opposition...we are truly in for one if we don't come prepared.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Why is Algeria so feared? They lost two matches at the previous AFCON.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The best African team, the team that loves to cause Nigeria pain and a team that always gives us a difficult 90 mins.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Well damn lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
lakdarbelloumi
Egg
Egg

Post by lakdarbelloumi »

Very tough group. Slight edge to Algeria.
ezeoneofobz
Egg
Egg

Post by ezeoneofobz »

Very tough group indeed. we have struggled through less difficult group on paper so I think it is best to go through a group like this. I hope we can rise to the occasion. All in all, I see an entertaining group. Although Algeria seems like the favorite, anything can happen. This group will come down to goal difference/head to head because I see a lot of draws. Who do we play first? and is it home or away. :D
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Just noticed, every team in this group is a former African champion.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Chimex101 wrote:I think we need a foreign coach this time, and I'm saying this out of morbid fear...playing Cameroon is rekindling an explosive old time rivalry, Algeria is easily the most lethal African team right now...Zambia is another very tough opposition...we are truly in for one if we don't come prepared.
I think you need a foreign...........brain.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
andyk1012
Egg
Egg

Post by andyk1012 »

North Africa VS Central Africa Vs South Africa Vs West Africa... Chaiiii Chicken really has come home to roost ohhh.. After being bruised by Cameroun , Algeria will run us ragged and Zambia will be lurking behind with great doggedness..

Dead Body get Accident ohh Yekpaa!! Confusion break e bone ohhh Yekpa... Double wahala for dead body and the owner of dead body
The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple of million pissed
off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their
best years are already behind them.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Doable for us but only through a well thought out process. We can`t continue to play the fool with unpaid wages and bonuses plus shoddy travel plans. We need a changed NFF that will be upfront with whoever the coach is and the coaches. If they don`t have money, structure the contracts accordingly. If a local coach is preferred, Siasia is it and let Salisu be. Siasia will do the job if given all the necessary support. If not local, get a proven coach. They shouldn`t hesitate to make changes in time when needed. If this doesn`t get the NFF to sit up, don`t know what will.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tough group. I saw this thread and thought it was a bad joke at first. Good grief, it's the worst possible draw. None of the four teams will be happy.

It's doable. It's hard and the team that emerges will be ready for the WC indeed.

First and most important thing here....hold serve on home court, no draws, anything but the full 3pts will be a bullet to the foot. None of all this nonsense we've seen in recent times of FA ineptitude. No politricking the games. Play games at venues that offer the best mix of great surface, great support and great weather. Find a smart coach who has an eye for planning. Have a locked in focus. Pay the players when due, cut out the FA infighting.
Wow, reading all I've written above and the task looks impossible.

I will support my Super Eagles fully as always but my expectations are not great. I can't see the FA doing the things that need to be done.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nostradamus
Egg
Egg

Post by Nostradamus »

This group is our World Cup/ Nations Cup.
"An African team will win the 2010 World Cup"- Nostradamus
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Platinum, you suggested a very good point, unfortunately, the kind of fa that we have are very inept and can't possibly do what you said. The sad part about them is that they won't even resign for their ineptitude. I know that if they can do what you suggested, there is a chance. But they won't that's why many like me have given up. Who knows what tiwa would be up to next
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

why are you all scared :shock:

Naija won the U-17 world cup in 2013 & 2015 :clap:
Result: You have many great players in the pipeline to help overcome such a tough group
..or did i miss something :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

I've seen CAF draws produce unbalanced groups, but this is likely the most difficult "qualification" group I have ever seen. I put that in quotation marks because I have seen main tournament preliminary-round groups (even at the World Cup) that were less intense than this.

Weirdly, this might be the best sort of group for us considering our run of poor form. Only one team is making it out of the group, and the worst thing that could happen is one of the other teams becomes a runaway leader from the start. As it stands, I expect (or is it hope?) the other three teams will do as much to deny each other maximum points (home or away) as they will try to do to us. If we do the usual thing we do in qualifiers (we struggle and unnecessarily drop points even in successful qualifiers), it would be a good thing if the group stays very tight/close in terms of points and goal difference.

In some ways ... especially if we stay competitive .... this could just be one of the most interesting contests we've participated in, and it isn't even a "tournament". I am looking forward to it (though my enthusiasm might dissipate after the first result :lol: ).

It is a shame though. Four years ago, Nigeria and Algeria made history as Africa had two teams advance beyond the prelims for the first time .... and now we are to fight each other (and Cameroun and Zambia) for a single chance to return to the World Cup.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is going to be a very difficult group kai.. oh my Zambia nah real skin, Algeria rising and that Cameroon nah wahala.. SE make un come correct ooo, e no go easy at all
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved