Group B: Algeria, Nigeria, Zambia, Cameroon

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Group B: Algeria, Nigeria, Zambia, Cameroon

Post by Tbite »

I know I am relatively young.

but this is certainly the most difficult group that I remember seeing Nigeria in, in my entire life.

If we qualify from this group....we would have deserved it 100 times over. But it can be done, Nigeria has qualified from more difficult circumstances (in Basketball for example).

Nigeria's route to qualify for the London Olympics in 2012, was way more difficult than this. Different circumstances, different sports, but lets not think that Nigeria as a nation is not cut out for this.

Why not? The very fact that we not even favourites, is a problem in and of itself. We SHOULD be favourites ordinarily, but we have put our football in such a sad state. The Algerians are more organized, the Zambians are always motivated, and well Cameroon is always unpredictable...but we have to set things straight. Ordinarily, Nigeria should be ahead of all these countries,,,,so lets go out there and set the record straight.

If we are poorly organized, lets start to correct that, from here on in. Why on earth should Nigeria be behind Algeria, for what reason? Abeg lets correct that mistake.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Tbite wrote:I know I am relatively young.

but this is certainly the most difficult group that I remember seeing Nigeria in, in my entire life.

If we qualify from this group....we would have deserved it 100 times over. But it can be done, Nigeria has qualified from more difficult circumstances (in Basketball for example).

Nigeria's route to qualify for the London Olympics in 2012, was way more difficult than this. Different circumstances, different sports, but lets not think that Nigeria as a nation is not cut out for this.

Why not? The very fact that we not even favourites, is a problem in and of itself. We SHOULD be favourites ordinarily, but we have put our football in such a sad state. The Algerians are more organized, the Zambians are always motivated, and well Cameroon is always unpredictable...but we have to set things straight. Ordinarily, Nigeria should be ahead of all these countries,,,,so lets go out there and set the record straight.

If we are poorly organized, lets start to correct that, from here on in. Why on earth should Nigeria be behind Algeria, for what reason? Abeg lets correct that mistake.
We met in the qualifiers of the 1990 world cup. I remember it was a tough encounter then. Cameroon and Nigeria were stronger then, than they are today I think.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

No light
No water
No gas
No food
No sleep
No money
No justice
No peace
No love
No leadership
NO COACH
Nigeria lines up eleven formidable players for the world cup qualifiers. Go super eagles of Nigeria. I no say that dem no go qualify o, however, if dem qualify, I go consider that "Mirikle"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Only TB joshua can help SE qualify. We're toast!
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

jb wrote:No light
No water
No gas
No food
No sleep
No money
No justice
No peace
No love
No leadership
NO COACH
Nigeria lines up eleven formidable players for the world cup qualifiers. Go super eagles of Nigeria. I no say that dem no go qualify o, however, if dem qualify, I go consider that "Mirikle"

When you are depending on "No light" as your goalkeeper, "No coach" as your main striker and "No Leadership" as your team captain, then the only hope for qualification is obviously a "Mirikle".
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

mystic wrote:
jb wrote:No light
No water
No gas
No food
No sleep
No money
No justice
No peace
No love
No leadership
NO COACH

When you are depending on "No light" as your goalkeeper, "No coach" as your main striker and "No Leadership" as your team captain, then the only hope for qualification is obviously a "Mirikle".
:lol: :lol:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Robbynice wrote:The way I see this group, 12 points will win it. Get all 9 points at home and get 3 points somewhere on the road. The koko of the matter is that we cannot afford to drop points at home...It is really as simple as ABC...Btw lets choose a venue at home and stick to it.
You know you are in trouble when even Robbynice is showing signs of pessimism.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

I can recall watching Nigeria competing in tougher groups in the late 1970s, 1980s and 1990s and the results has been mixed, groups that included teams such as Cameroon , Tunisia, Egypt , Morocco and Algeria. Despite having a better organised NFA

1978 Tunisia ,Algeria and Nigeria . Tunisia qualified

1982 Final Group Team 1 Nigeria Vs Algeria , Nigeria lost both legs

1986 Third round Nigeria Vs Tunisia Nigeria lost 1-2 on aggregate.

1990 Group C : Nigeria , Cameroon, Angola and Gabon: Cameroon Qualified to move into the final playoff with Tunisia

1994 - Nigeria , Algeria and CIV- Nigeria Q (part of three teams that qualified)
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

airwolex wrote:
Robbynice wrote:The way I see this group, 12 points will win it. Get all 9 points at home and get 3 points somewhere on the road. The koko of the matter is that we cannot afford to drop points at home...It is really as simple as ABC...Btw lets choose a venue at home and stick to it.
You know you are in trouble when even Robbynice is showing signs of pessimism.
:rotf: I was expecting "..it's a damn shame..Nigeria will qualify kini big deal.."
Jokes o
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

wiseone wrote:4 defenders and 6 attackers. Let us hope the opposition never try to play the ball through midfield.
Goldleaf wrote:Well I be damned! How can this be a World Cup qualifying group? You have to be kidding! I am sure even CAF has never seen anything like before.

The kind of Nigeria 11 that will top this group will have:
Enyeama, Okafor, Keshi, Okechukwu, Babayaro, Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, Amuneke, Amokachi and Yekini and coached by Shuaibu Amodu.

Barring a miracle, forward and onward to Qatar in 2022.
Chief,

Those 4 defenders are the equivalent of 8 defenders today or more. Besides with that attack, the ball will be in the opposition for most of the 90 minutes with their defenders working overtime.

Honestly, I still cannot wrap my head around this World Cup qualifying group. For one, we have never had to negotiate through this path before. Yet we have fumbled and stumbled. What I love about Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia is that from kick-off you know you are in a game, unlike our SE which is unpredictable.

Qatar 2022 here we come.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In fact 2 of the last 3 African Champions are in that group. A European equivalent would be Spain and France being in the same qualifying group, along with Europe's best team (Germany), and Greece.
kalani JR wrote:Just noticed, every team in this group is a former African champion.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Pinnick needs to quietly go to Oliseh and renegotiate his return..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:Pinnick needs to quietly go to Oliseh and renegotiate his return..
Oliseh said he was under spiritual attack. That for him is the main reason for his quick exit.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
Oliseh said he was under spiritual attack. That for him is the main reason for his quick exit.
come on, i don't believe that :laugh:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
He said as much to Pinnick... at least according to Pinnick.

I think Oliseh might have said something himself somewhere in the public domain.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I think Oliseh might have said something himself somewhere in the public domain.
Makes the matter pretty straightforward.

He should be offered spiritual insurance as part of his new contract :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

:lol: just let him coach from Belgium. Them no dey give spirit visa.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/olis ... itchcraft/
Last edited by metalalloy on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

realtrouble wrote:

I can recall watching Nigeria competing in tougher groups in the late 1970s, 1980s and 1990s and the results has been mixed, groups that included teams such as Cameroon , Tunisia, Egypt , Morocco and Algeria. Despite having a better organised NFA

1978 Tunisia ,A̶l̶g̶e̶r̶i̶a̶ Egypt and Nigeria . Tunisia qualified

1982 Final Group Team 1 Nigeria Vs Algeria , Nigeria lost both legs

1986 Third round Nigeria Vs Tunisia Nigeria lost 1-2 on aggregate.

1990 Group C : Nigeria , Cameroon, Angola and Gabon: Cameroon Qualified to move into the final playoff with Tunisia

1994 - Nigeria , Algeria and CIV- Nigeria Q (part of three teams that qualified)
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: crase people full this website
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Cellular wrote:
I know the guy had mentioned about fear of his life or somebody was after his life. Honestly, with the tragedy
that occurred few weeks ago a voice must have told him he has wandered off here is the right way get a hell out of Nigeria. He listened, surely that may saved his life.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: crase people full this website
True. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Jesus, most of the post in here. No faith. :rotf:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Synopsis wrote:...

Jesus, most of the post in here. No faith. :rotf:
It has indeed been a 'mirikle' ... :D

Only 1naija and some other dude were very vocal in their belief of a positive outcome.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."