Group B: Algeria, Nigeria, Zambia, Cameroon

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: Group B: Algeria, Nigeria, Zambia, Cameroon

Post by The Eagle »

kalani JR wrote:Just noticed, every team in this group is a former African champion.
The group has 4 ex-champions .... and the 2 teams that made the Second Round in 2014.

Also interesting is Nigeria, Algeria and Cameroun were part of Africa's 5 in 2014 and 2010, which means at least two countries will either debut at the World Cup, or return to it after an absence. If Zambia takes the group, then three.

PS: Is my memory playing tricks on me, or was there a time that CAF named the teams that qualified for the last tournament as the group seeds?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The sad truth is the SE is not going to qualify for any major tournament under Pinic. By the time the we cannot pay you in dollars confusion begins the campaign would be all over. By the way,have we hired a coach yet?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

nemi2002 wrote:This will be nice to watch without any expectations. Every game will be a cup final. Good luck to us.....

mini nations cup
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

oloye wrote:The sad truth is the SE is not going to qualify for any major tournament under Pinic. By the time the we cannot pay you in dollars confusion begins the campaign would be all over. By the way,have we hired a coach yet?

Nobody is talking about that empty suit sweet talker running our football.Not only is he incompetent but does appear to have hexed us. Where are the deliverance ministers?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I am going to be watching from ground zero expectation!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:The sad truth is the SE is not going to qualify for any major tournament under Pinic. By the time the we cannot pay you in dollars confusion begins the campaign would be all over. By the way,have we hired a coach yet?
so what can we do to ensure we advance? get rid of picnic or what? we cannot kick him out because of FIFA
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Under "Picnic", Naija has won 2 U-17 WORLD championship and an African cup :clap:

Don't diminish his achievements :mad:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Nostradamus wrote:The Olympics just became a very serious test to build a good team to prepare for qualifying. The best players are needed here. Nacho, Mikel, Onazi, are all needed in Rio.

SSS has players to market.

You think common sense or common good go be in his crooked mind.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Which of the teams in this group will say it will be easy? From that viewpoint it's very open
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The Eagle wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Just noticed, every team in this group is a former African champion.
The group has 4 ex-champions .... and the 2 teams that made the Second Round in 2014.

Also interesting is Nigeria, Algeria and Cameroun were part of Africa's 5 in 2014 and 2010, which means at least two countries will either debut at the World Cup, or return to it after an absence. If Zambia takes the group, then three.

PS: Is my memory playing tricks on me, or was there a time that CAF named the teams that qualified for the last tournament as the group seeds?
There was always a preliminary round but I don't think they started to go strictly by ranking until the 2010 World Cup.
adeaderije
Egg
Egg

Post by adeaderije »

Rawlings wrote:why are you all scared :shock:

Naija won the U-17 world cup in 2013 & 2015 :clap:
Result: You have many great players in the pipeline to help overcome such a tough group
..or did i miss something :winking:
Your trolling doesn't bother me but you really need a new joke. You've ran the u-17 one into the ground at this point.
I no be gentleman at all o
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ANALYZING NIGERIA's WCQ Group B

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: ANALYZING NIGERIA's WCQ Group B

Post by Waffiman »

My dear friend, given the current state of our football. The draw has left me very concerned about our prospects of qualification.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Robbynice better have his calculator handy.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Nigeria should get straight 18 points out of this group.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

1naija wrote:Nigeria should get straight 18 points out of this group.
Now we are talking :thumb:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

This group will go to the wire!
Anybody can beat anybody!
Cmoke
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Algeria may be the best team in africa ut they don't have a spine. they cannot match Niaja's pedigree and they sure aren't Egypt that should freighten the Eagles.
malamax
Egg
Egg

Post by malamax »

Without doubt the Group Of Death. Past records are for historians as none of these former champions plan to roll over. I realy can't predict the outcome of this group with authority but based on current form alone this could be the potential outcome
- Algeria
- Cameroon
- Nigeria
- Zambia
Eagles have the weapons galore but need a good coach to build a consistent team. Cameroon though a shadow of their old reputation, are still the most experienced of the group. Algeria are the most in form team right now hence a sure favourite. Zambia's game has declined a bit since winning the ANC and have been struggling to win games.
ataka
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The most difficult team we (Nigeria) have to face in this group is, 'Nigeria'....

We just have to get our behinds in shape, get ourselves organised, take one game at time and do our thing..

We need a decent coach. Right now I would settle for a FC, supported by a crop of local coaches for scouting and player selection.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Waiting to see the coach that they will announce...
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Rawlings wrote:
Under "Picnic", Naija has won 2 U-17 WORLD championship and an African cup :clap:

Don't diminish his achievements :mad:
Don't mind alarmist Oloye.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

nemi2002 wrote:This will be nice to watch without any expectations. Every game will be a cup final. Good luck to us.....
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kpom! Hopefully this will get us up for EVERY game...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL