BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Post by balo »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... e-10292369

Chelsea have been given permission to take AFC Wimbledon winger Toyosi Olusanya on trial.

Olusanya, 19, has been watched by Chelsea and Manchester City after impressive performances through the ranks even though he has only made one first team appearance.

Chelsea took notice after Olusanya starred against them in an FA Youth Cup tie in February 2016 and have been asking to take him on loan ever since.

Londoner Olusanya scored on his first team debut for Wimbledon and his impressive stats for the youths and reserves has kept him on their radar.

It is a remarkable chance for the lightning quick winger who is from Nigerian descent and may be eligible to play for either the Super Eagles or represent England.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

balo wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... e-10292369

Chelsea have been given permission to take AFC Wimbledon winger Toyosi Olusanya on trial.

Olusanya, 19, has been watched by Chelsea and Manchester City after impressive performances through the ranks even though he has only made one first team appearance.

Chelsea took notice after Olusanya starred against them in an FA Youth Cup tie in February 2016 and have been asking to take him on loan ever since.

Londoner Olusanya scored on his first team debut for Wimbledon and his impressive stats for the youths and reserves has kept him on their radar.

It is a remarkable chance for the lightning quick winger who is from Nigerian descent and may be eligible to play for either the Super Eagles or represent England.
:thumb:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I will just leave this one here. Hopefully the lads get chances to 1st team football in the near future.

Ike Ugbo has been huge for the u18s.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

balo wrote:I will just leave this one here. Hopefully the lads get chances to 1st team football in the near future.

All that na waste if a decent amount of those lads are not transitioning to 1st team.

Congrats to them.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

D. Luiz and Kante struggling wiff injury o! :blink:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:D. Luiz and Kante struggling wiff injury o! :blink:
We have good cover.

Terry, Chalobae, Willian, Fab, Ake.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:
balo wrote:I will just leave this one here. Hopefully the lads get chances to 1st team football in the near future.

All that na waste if a decent amount of those lads are not transitioning to 1st team.

Congrats to them.
You forgot about the youth Euro CL which they've won twice and couldn't defend this year because CFC didn't qualify for CL otherwise they may have won it again. Bro, you're right but hopefully with Conte on seat, a concrete path to first team integration is being implemented. There are positive signs of hope but keep in mind that even in the most optimistic scenario, only a small handful will make the transition.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Guys, I rarely come here to comment, but I gotta say this. How did you guys let Kevin DeBryne slip out of your hands? This player is absolutely one of the best in world football today. I enjoy watching him so much.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cally wrote:Guys, I rarely come here to comment, but I gotta say this. How did you guys let Kevin DeBryne slip out of your hands? This player is absolutely one of the best in world football today. I enjoy watching him so much.
Lol. I responded on the City game thread. Pretty much the same way we let Lukaku slip from our grip only to begin arrange up to 100 mill to attempt to bring him back. Jokes aside, these guys (Lukaku & KDB) were young players at the time and were barely playing and did not feel like meaningful members of the squad. Regardless, they wanted to play regularly so they pushed for loans. The story is longer but in a nutshell its a combination of the players wanting more playing time plus the club not being able to accommodate those requests due to club ambitions for instance Conte recently responded that his job is not to keep players happy - that their joy should come from the team winning trophies. Well its all good but not every player will buy in especially as in the cases of Lukaku and KDB if they are BARELY playing. KDB had strong guys ahead of him like Hazard, Willian, etc drinking mins (CFC doesn't rotate often). All in all, the problem is more adinistrative than coaching given that a buy back clause should've been inserted just in case we have to pull the player back home. Anyway, lesson learnt but definitely you're right that KDB is one heck of a talent that slipped away and continually improving. The bigger concern right now especially in light of the youth team successes is a player like Tammy Abraham not having a clear idea as to the club's plan for him. That is a worry and supports Analyzer's concern/comment above.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

green4life wrote:
Cally wrote:Guys, I rarely come here to comment, but I gotta say this. How did you guys let Kevin DeBryne slip out of your hands? This player is absolutely one of the best in world football today. I enjoy watching him so much.
Lol. I responded on the City game thread. Pretty much the same way we let Lukaku slip from our grip only to begin arrange up to 100 mill to attempt to bring him back. Jokes aside, these guys (Lukaku & KDB) were young players at the time and were barely playing and did not feel like meaningful members of the squad. Regardless, they wanted to play regularly so they pushed for loans. The story is longer but in a nutshell its a combination of the players wanting more playing time plus the club not being able to accommodate those requests due to club ambitions for instance Conte recently responded that his job is not to keep players happy - that their joy should come from the team winning trophies. Well its all good but not every player will buy in especially as in the cases of Lukaku and KDB if they are BARELY playing. KDB had strong guys ahead of him like Hazard, Willian, etc drinking mins (CFC doesn't rotate often). All in all, the problem is more adinistrative than coaching given that a buy back clause should've been inserted just in case we have to pull the player back home. Anyway, lesson learnt but definitely you're right that KDB is one heck of a talent that slipped away and continually improving. The bigger concern right now especially in light of the youth team successes is a player like Tammy Abraham not having a clear idea as to the club's plan for him. That is a worry and supports Analyzer's concern/comment above.
You guys should have do like pa Wenger whe selling that you have first option to buy and agree on a price when selling the player.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

green4life wrote:
Well written. Anyways, kudos to your scouting system and to whomever bought those players in the first place.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:D. Luiz and Kante struggling wiff injury o! :blink:

Luiz makes it. Fab will take Kante's spot.

Chelsea
13 Courtois
28 Azpilicueta
30 David Luiz
24 Cahill
15 Moses
4 Fàbregas
21 Matic
3 Alonso
11 Pedro
10 Hazard
19 Diego Costa
Substitutes
1 Begovic
5 Zouma
6 Aké
14 Loftus-Cheek
22 Willian
26 Terry
29 Chalobah

Middlesbrough
12 Guzan
2 Fabio
25 Chambers
6 Gibson
3 Friend
14 de Roon
8 Clayton
34 Forshaw
37 Traoré
10 Negredo
19 Downing
Substitutes
1 Konstantopoulos
5 Bernardo
7 Leadbitter
17 Barragán
20 Bamford
27 Guédioura
29 Gestede

Referee:
Craig Pawson

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Game underway now.

tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Kante injured
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tunde72 wrote:Kante injured
So Roger ramjet fit get injury :scared:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Fabregas lose a chance there
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Ancelotti and Chevchenko. God help ooo dont let it be one of those days that ball will refuse to go into the net oo
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When i said Alonso was it...people were wondering if i was smoking weed soaked in kai kain. That boy plays football like he is playing set! He plays easy and sexy football.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

oloye wrote:When i said Alonso was it...people were wondering if i was smoking weed soaked in kai kain. That boy plays football like he is playing set! He plays easy and sexy football.
Oloye,

I'm one of those that say we need an upgrade in that position to compete in Europe and try to win the premiership again next year. I want to see Ake or Kennedy there.

BUt Alonso was very good today.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ugbowo wrote:
oloye wrote:When i said Alonso was it...people were wondering if i was smoking weed soaked in kai kain. That boy plays football like he is playing set! He plays easy and sexy football.
Oloye,

I'm one of those that say we need an upgrade in that position to compete in Europe and try to win the premiership again next year. I want to see Ake or Kennedy there.

But Alonso was very good today.

So Kennedy is still at SB? Will those guys ever get a chance to compete?

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ugbowo wrote:
Oloye,

BUt Alonso was very good today.
Ugbowo none of those two can touch Alonso...i am happy Ake jas found a better option as a center half. Alonso brings so much depth to the left side it os so unreal. Between himself and Moses they allow Chelsea to stretch teams like a rubber band.

Alonso os soo clever ,his intelligence masks whatever shortcomonhs he has. So Kennedy is still at Chelsea and for almost a season and half he has not featured , do you not think that one has lost out already ot am missing something about Kennedy.

By the way my man..nor be only today Alonso good oh...the boy has been good all season,just like our Moses.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I once saw Alonso as the weak link but now I'm drinking Oloye koolaid and loving it. This guy keeps improving almost from game to game. He scores, assists, defends and covers sideline to sideline with incredible endurance and work rate. And at 6'2" he can be a nightmare for opposing fullbacks to deal with. Just ask Bellarin!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

How good is the Rangers kid, Billy Gilmore?