BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Post by analyzer »

@paj, times have changed. Not about being savy. It is a sellers market given there are more clubs with similar purchasing power to CFC. Roman can no longer blow the competition out of the water by just being the highest bidder..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:
Prince wrote:
analyzer wrote:No one asked for Gran or ME to relinquish their jobs. Just don't force players on him. Let Conte have more say on 1st team targets.

G is responsible for transfer negotiations. Conte is not going to be calling up clubs & player agents to negotiate transfers lol
it's the European way, you tell them what you want and they buy the players, very few clubs will give you that powet
What Conte wants is a significant say on which 1st team players come in & leaves. He wants to pick targets, not have targets picked for him.. That is what I have heard so far. Then apply pressure on the board to secure his targets.

You tell ME/G the "Specific" target and they go get it. All the top coaches from Pep to Wenger to Jose have such power so why not Conte..are you saying Conte has npt earned the right to demand such power that even Jose enjoyed at CFC on certain occasions?

There is a difference between "get me a ball playing defender" and get me " Bonucci or Boateng".. and then ME turns around to say you must take Rudiger because that is what CFC wants..
I hear you dog, but I don't think that's what's happening here. It's more like, the coach says, get me bonucci. ME makes inquiries. The player is beyond reach for various reasons. ME moves on to option 2 or 3. The bone of contention is CFC has parameters that guides or determines the player recruitment process and decision making. That process is outside the jurisdiction of the coach regardless of success rate. The Coach has to work with it. It does look or even feel like a hit or miss approach as you succinctly put it but for me, there's a method to the madness. The concern should be balance in terms of buying proven younger players for a fair sum usually less than 40M vs buying veteran players at any cost.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

watched Rudiger today..immense long range passing under pressure..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

So again, who requested for Lukaku?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... rice-even/

Antonio Conte tells Chelsea to sign Romelu Lukaku at any price - even £100m

By Matt Law, football news correspondent
3 JULY 2017 • 12:00PM

Antonio Conte has told Chelsea that they must re-sign Romelu Lukaku at any price this summer – even if it means meeting Everton’s £100million valuation.

Despite the club making moves for midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, central defender Antonio Rudiger and left-back Alex Sandro, it is striker Lukaku who is Conte’s number one target.

Having told Diego Costa he is not part of his plans by text message, Chelsea head coach Conte is desperate to land Lukaku and is confident the 24-year-old can live up to any price tag.

It is Conte and not club chiefs who identified Lukaku as the man to replace Costa ahead of Alvaro Morata, Andrea Belotti and others.

Conte tried to sign Lukaku for Juventus during the Belgian’s first spell at Chelsea and believes he perfectly fits into his favoured systems of play, as either a lone striker or part of a front two.

Chelsea are in negotiations with Atletico Madrid regarding a return to Spain for Costa and are expected to step up their bid to sign Lukaku soon.

Everton have valued Lukaku at £100m, insisting they will not accept any less, but that has not scared off Conte who has made it clear to Chelsea that he wants the player at any cost.

It will now be down to whether or not director Marina Granovskaia can negotiate Everton’s asking price down or whether she is willing to make Lukaku the world’s most expensive footballer.

Manchester United have also shown an interest in Lukaku, but the former Anderlecht youngster favours a return to Chelsea where he feels he has unfinished business.

A boyhood fan of the club, Lukaku did not score a single goal for Chelsea in his first spell that lasted three years, during which time he was loaned out to West Bromwich Albion and Everton.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chelsea about to lose Chalobah

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

balo wrote:
He may be a piece of good business if his discipline and injury issues are resolved.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Keep Costa and Michi for next season. No reason to dip into this overated transfer market.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Lager-back wrote:Keep Costa and Michi for next season. No reason to dip into this overated transfer market.

Costa is gone already. But if by now Chelsea hasn't wrapped up Lukaku, could it be they started listening to Conte?

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Lol. Chelsea should finally put herself in check. Abeg park well and know your size.