BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:
paj wrote:what U guys make of Bakayoko?

If his purchase forces the exit of Matic, then it's a positive. So long as Chelsea does not sell Matic to Man U.
For me, it doesn't matter where Matic goes as long as the replacement in an upgrade.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

No preseason for him then!!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Will this signify a strategy change for incoming targets in the summer?

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hope he recovers ASAP
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

80 million Lukaku
SuperEagles

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Is Diego Costa a gonner?

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:Is Diego Costa a gonner?
I don't know what to believe but he's obviously not happy about the possibility of Lukaku joining the squad next season and no longer sure about his playing time. He says Conte told him he's no longer in the plan. That's Diego's version. Conte could've told him 'your mins are going down buddy because a new guy is coming in and he will need to play regularly'. Diego's interpretation could then be "the boss told me I'm no longer part of the plan next season'. Regardless, given he only wants to return to Spain and that club has a transfer ban, he has no option unless he wants to go to China.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Reporter: [Question about Atlético Madrid and the CAS decision on their transfer ban]
Costa: "I will be quite honest. A few days ago I got a message from my manager [Antonio] Conte saying that I am no longer part of his plans. So I don't know... I'm a Chelsea player because I have a contract but the manager doesn't want me in the team. So I will have to leave."

Reporter: Did he say why he doesn't count on you?
Costa: "I don't know. I didn't have a good relationship with him this season and it's clear he doesn't want me in the team. I suppose I must have had a bad season to not continue [at Chelsea]."

Reporter: Had he had any other explanations?
Costa: "No, he just sent a simple message."

Reporter: A simple text message?
Costa: "A simple text message. After everything I had done for him... It's a shame but now I have to look for a new team and keep on playing."

Reporter: Anyone else on Chelsea told they count on you for the next season?
Costa: "No, but if the manager, who puts the players on the pitch, doesn't count on you anymore then you have to leaveReporter: Have you got in tough with the club?
Costa: "I've already forwarded the message to other people within Chelsea so they can decide [on my future], but it's clear the manager doesn't want me there. I am on the market now, so I'm looking for a team."

Reporter: [Question on whether Madrid can be his new team]:
Costa: "Five months without playing? I don't know, it's complicated. But people know I love Atlético and living in Madrid. It would be beautiful to return, but it's hard to stay four, five months away from the pitch. It's a World Cup year and there are a lot of things to think about. I need to play, just that."

Reporter: [...]
Costa: "Now it's much easier [to leave Chelsea]. And if the manager doesn't count on me and I have to leave, they surely need to sell me for a bargain."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

green4life wrote:Reporter: [Question about Atlético Madrid and the CAS decision on their transfer ban]
Costa: "I will be quite honest. A few days ago I got a message from my manager [Antonio] Conte saying that I am no longer part of his plans. So I don't know... I'm a Chelsea player because I have a contract but the manager doesn't want me in the team. So I will have to leave."

Costa: "I don't know. I didn't have a good relationship with him this season and it's clear he doesn't want me in the team. I suppose I must have had a bad season to not continue [at Chelsea]."

Costa: "A simple text message. After everything I had done for him... It's a shame but now I have to look for a new team and keep on playing."

Costa: "No, but if the manager, who puts the players on the pitch, doesn't count on you anymore then you have to leaveReporter: Have you got in tough with the club?
Costa: "I've already forwarded the message to other people within Chelsea so they can decide [on my future], but it's clear the manager doesn't want me there. I am on the market now, so I'm looking for a team."

Costa: "Five months without playing? I don't know, it's complicated. But people know I love Atlético and living in Madrid. It would be beautiful to return, but it's hard to stay four, five months away from the pitch. It's a World Cup year and there are a lot of things to think about. I need to play, just that."

Costa: "Now it's much easier [to leave Chelsea]. And if the manager doesn't count on me and I have to leave, they surely need to sell me for a bargain."
I never like that guy call Conte for what he did to Mikel but I also respect how he see the important of Victor Moses.
It is low life to text a player like that but again that is what crazy guys like Costa deserved but how true is the stories?
Hope Chelsea season turn worst after been crown just like Leicester.Hope Hazard also start look for a club
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

green4life wrote:
I don't know what to believe but he's obviously not happy about the possibility of Lukaku joining the squad next season and no longer sure about his playing time. He says Conte told him he's no longer in the plan. That's Diego's version. Conte could've told him 'your mins are going down buddy because a new guy is coming in and he will need to play regularly'. Diego's interpretation could then be "the boss told me I'm no longer part of the plan next season'. Regardless, given he only wants to return to Spain and that club has a transfer ban, he has no option unless he wants to go to China.
He is talking to AC Milan. I'd rather he left than be a distraction to the team again. He is so emotionally unstable.

Good luck to him.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kajifu wrote:
green4life wrote:Reporter: [Question about Atlético Madrid and the CAS decision on their transfer ban]

I never like that guy call Conte for what he did to Mikel but I also respect how he see the important of Victor Moses.
It is low life to text a player like that but again that is what crazy guys like Costa deserved but how true is the stories?
Hope Chelsea season turn worst after been crown just like Leicester.Hope Hazard also start look for a club
I also hope that Arsenal falls off the face of the earth after being demoted all the way to non-league Sunday-Sunday conference. Feeling is mutual.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:
green4life wrote:
He is talking to AC Milan. I'd rather he left than be a distraction to the team again. He is so emotionally unstable.

Good luck to him.
AC Milan has fresh china money so there's a possibility there.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

green4life wrote:
kajifu wrote:

I also hope that Arsenal falls off the face of the earth after being demoted all the way to non-league Sunday-Sunday conference. Feeling is mutual.

Kajifu na special case. His love for Chelsea cannot be hidden. He wished Chelsea bad things in 14/15 season. We won the league.

16/17 he wished the team would turn out even worse than the 15/16 season. We won the league again.

Every time he wants bad for SB, the team rises like the Phoenix.
Last edited by balo on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this Conte sef..hmmm
SuperEagles

ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

Even if Conte wants him gone, I can understand why. Costa can be hard to manage sometimes. Lukaku is not my first choice but I respect the manager's choice and work.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chelsea should not sell Costa for peanuts. I agree he has to leave because of his antics, but I wish it was handled differently so the team could make some money on the sale.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... t-10587511
E be like Oga Roman block am ...perhaps for releasing this info to the public..now e go make negotiations hard
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Is this the real story?

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... t-10587511
E be like Oga Roman block am ...perhaps for releasing this info to the public..now e go make negotiations hard
Pa

The Mail report is easier to read. Mirror site is crap.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Costa.html

Chelsea officials stunned by Antonio Conte's decision to dump Diego Costa by text... the bitter exchange is set to cost the league champions millions
Chelsea news: All the latest from Stamford Bridge
Antonio Conte told Diego Costa he was not in his plans during a text exchange
The Spain striker went public with the conversation to help seal a summer exit
Chelsea board believe they will now have to accept a lower fee for Costa
The message can now be used as evidence to secure Costa a big loyalty bonus
By Matt Barlow for the Daily Mail
PUBLISHED: 14:00 EDT, 8 June 2017 | UPDATED: 15:49 EDT, 8 June 2017

Antonio Conte's decision to dump his top scorer by text and Diego Costa's reaction to go public on the private exchange has stunned the Chelsea board and is set to cost them millions.

It is hard to envisage a way back to Stamford Bridge for Costa after this latest episode in a stormy relationship with Conte and the manager's own rogue activities will damage his club's negotiating stance.

Would-be buyers now know Chelsea are desperate to sell, as do those who might sell the Premier League champions a replacement such as Everton, less likely than ever to reduce their £100million valuation of Romelu Lukaku.

Conte's unofficial text message also opens the way for Costa's representatives to demand a hefty loyalty payment with proof the club instigated his exit.

While on holiday, Chelsea's manager sent a goodwill message to all his first-team players wishing them a happy time with their families and reminding them to do a bit of physical activity and stay in shape.

Costa fired off a reply, not thought to have been openly provocative but enough to irritate Conte who sent back the message which left his striker in no doubt that he was no longer part of the plans at Chelsea.

The text exchange was reported to the club by Costa and he received a message relayed back from director and chief transfer negotiator Marina Granovskaia telling him to back off and leave the negotiations to her.

On Wednesday, after he was an unused substitute in Spain's 2-2 draw with Colombia, Costa came out of the dressing rooms and revealed all to the Spanish media about his 'bad' relationship with Conte.

'The other day, Conte sent me a message saying he does not count on me for next season,' said Costa. 'So, I'll have to find a way out. If the manager gets in contact to tell you that you are not wanted then you have to leave.'

He reaffirmed his love for Atletico Madrid and of life in the Spanish capital but knows his former club are banned from signing players until the end of the year.

Chelsea have been working hard to strengthen the squad in preparation for a return to the Champions League, targeting Tiemoue Bakayoko of Monaco and considering another move for Virgil van Dijk after Liverpool dropped interest in the Southampton centre half following accusations of an illegal approach.

Lukaku wants to return to Stamford Bridge but the clubs are not close to an agreement over the fee and these revelations, making it clear Costa is on his way out, do not help the champions.

Costa's relationship with Conte has been fractious from the very start.

Problems were brewing from the sunny California days of pre-season when Costa claimed a bad back prevented him from taking part in the long pattern-of-play exercises and was duly dropped from friendlies against Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Conte made it clear he would not select any player unable to take full part in his training sessions.

There were eruptions during the season, too. Conte was unhappy with petulant acts of rebellion such as a training ground dispute with a fitness coach and an angry gesture to being substituted during a home game against Leicester.

Then there was a video posted on social media of him drinking a bottle of beer in the dressing room and threats to let off a fire extinguisher as Conte addressed the media having won the title at West Bromwich Albion.

There was also a half-time visit to the press-room buffet by Costa during the penultimate game of the season, against Watford, caught on camera and circulated on social media during the second-half.

The relationship was held together for the sake of the team and the title bid, often with Conte making light of the events in public.

He needed Costa up front and the striker ended the season with 20 goals in the Premier League but, privately, Conte resolved to make it a priority to sign a new replacement.

Chelsea hoped a mega-money offer might emerge for the centre forward from China to help fund a broader serious recruitment drive.

Tianjin Quanjian showed interest in January amid reports they were prepared to pay £72million but the route to the Far East has gone cold.

Costa is reluctant to move to China ahead of next year's World Cup because it will threaten his place in the Spain squad and there is no longer a live offer on the table from Tianjin.

This in itself brings the fee down into the realms of what top European clubs might pay for an unwanted 28-year-old with only two years left on his contract.

Costa made it clear after the FA Cup final that he was unhappy with the feeling he was being forced out and stated categorically he would only sign for his former club Atletico Madrid.

Atletico, however, are banned by FIFA from signing players until January; although they have been trying to press ahead with transfers such as striker Sandro Ramirez from Malaga.

AC Milan are a possible solution to the impasse, just as they were when Fernando Torres was seeking an escape route from Stamford Bridge to Atletico.

Torres joined Milan on a two-year loan in August 2014 which took care of the final two years of his Chelsea contract. The move was made permanent in January 2015 and, two days later, he moved on loan to Atletico.

Milan are firmly in the market for a centre forward.

Like Chelsea and Manchester United they like Alvaro Morata of Real Madrid and Andrea Belotti of Torino although Costa represents a more achievable target for a club unable to offer Champions League football and at an increasingly attractive price.