BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:
paj wrote:
balo wrote:
paj wrote:Rumour says we are looking at Veratti..do we need him tho????

His decision making appears to be suspect but he looks to have high energy and good foot work.

[/video]
Don't need him

I agree.

Two comedians una well done :taunt:

Verratti is quality. If you can get him, you better jump on it. He's that good and somewhat underrated. The worst game I watched him play was their last CL game against arsenal - and he still had an impact in midfield. That's putting things in perspective. Definitely he's an upgrade on Matic. :agree:

Along with Matuidi, those are two players I love to watch whenever PSG plays. :clap: :thumb:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

green4life wrote:
balo wrote:
paj wrote:
balo wrote:

His decision making appears to be suspect but he looks to have high energy and good foot work.

[/video]
Don't need him

I agree.

Verratti is quality. If you can get him, you better jump on it. He's that good and somewhat underrated. The worst game I watched him play was their last CL game against arsenal - and he still had an impact in midfield. That's putting things in perspective. Definitely he's an upgrade on Matic. :agree:

Along with Matuidi, those are two players I love to watch whenever PSG plays. :clap: :thumb:
If it is to replace Matic, surely I would love to see him at SB. But I doubt Conte will put Matic on the bench. Not with the assurances he gave him before the start of the season. But I did say I liked Verratti's energy up and down the field. Something that Fab doesn't have.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cech: "I have played with some great defenders in the past, but Koscielny is the best I have played with" #Arsenal
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

anikulapo wrote:Cech: "I have played with some great defenders in the past, but Koscielny is the best I have played with" #Arsenal
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

anikulapo wrote:Cech: "I have played with some great defenders in the past, but Koscielny is the best I have played with" #Arsenal
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

green4life wrote:
balo wrote:
paj wrote:
balo wrote:

[/video]
Don't need him

I agree.

Unless Matic's off to Jose's(i.e he wont sit on the bench) then I don't see where Veratti sits in. He is good and would make sense if we didn't have the two CM's we have now...so no..we don't need him
Pa
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

... I thought we gave Cech the anti-Delusion vaccine before he left..no? :blink:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So Victor Moses is currently Chelsea best player and best player in England yet some clueless fans don't even know.I feel sorry for some of you guys that don't know talent when you see one
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kajifu wrote:So Victor Moses is currently Chelsea best player and best player in England yet some clueless fans don't even know.I feel sorry for some of you guys that don't know talent when you see one
:blink:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

paj wrote:
kajifu wrote:So Victor Moses is currently Chelsea best player and best player in England yet some clueless fans don't even know.I feel sorry for some of you guys that don't know talent when you see one
Oh hater he won EPL player of the month something Pedro will never win in his life time
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kajifu wrote:
paj wrote:
Oh hater he won EPL player of the month something Pedro will never win in his life time
Dude..I love VM and how he's stepped up...but biko refrain from such opaks while E dey rain outside and thunder dey murmur
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

balo wrote:
??
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Lager-back wrote:
balo wrote:
??

What's your question about? Did the tweet appear wrong?

Anyway, I think it was about choosing Chelsea over Spurs.

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Chelsea will move for Alexis Sanchez if he does not resolve his contract stand-off with Arsenal. #CFC (Mirror)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Lager-back wrote:Chelsea will move for Alexis Sanchez if he does not resolve his contract stand-off with Arsenal. #CFC (Mirror)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chelsea sweeps November awards.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

There was one African journo today at the press conference. .Bobo drilled conte and asked him 3 questions about Mikel...Kudos to thar journo...I go post the video...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
The clip is lengthy (approx. 20mins). The relevant timelines are 14:30 (Mikel's contract expires in May so he's still a CFC player) and 16:45 which is more affirmative (I have 4 midfielders to choose from, Kante, Matic, Fabregas and Chalobah). He otherwise says that Mikel is training with the first team and is on the first team squad. Mikel is not in Conte's plans (I doubt if he ever was, the Olympics notwithstanding) and has to transfer this January especially if he wants to maintain his situation as a SE captain. Injuries and suspensions aren't a concern for Conte especially as the January window nears given he possibly will sign at least one player in anticipation of Mikel leaving. If Mikel doesn't transfer this January, he may not be called up for the August WC qualifier given he'd have been out of regular football fitness for one full season by then. There's nothing to gain by seeing out his contract. He will get paid handsomely anywhere he goes and it will be a multi-year guaranteed contract so there's nothing to lose by checking out in January as he should.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Yeap he named his 4 midfielders...and Mikel wasn't mentioned....
SuperEagles

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

http://www.90min.com/posts/4259268-chel ... ues-legend
Chelsea's Gary Cahill Heaps Praise On Diego Costa By Comparing Him To Prolific Blues Legend
Chelsea defender Gary Cahill has reserved special praise for Spanish striker Diego Costa, comparing him to Stamford Bridge legend Didier Drogba.
Costa, 28, scored his 12th Premier League goal of the season in the 1-0 win over West Brom on Sunday, putting him one goal above Alexis Sanchez in the race for the Golden Boot.
The win leaves Antonio Conte's side three points clear of Arsenal in second, and six points above Liverpool who lie in third.
And Cahill, who is now in his sixth season at Chelsea, has attributed Diego Costa's prolific form to Chelsea's rise up the table.
​The Dily Star quote Cahill as saying: ​"The fans are getting behind him because he is banging goals in and winning us football matches,"
"Didier was a huge figure, goalscoring-wise, on and off the pitch, personality wise.
"You need strikers like that at a club like Chelsea and Diego is fitting into that role nicely. This season he is on fire.
Chelsea defender Gary Cahill claims STARBUCKS is fitting into 'Didier Drogba role' https://t.co/22B8lMD0ys pic.twitter.com/a6HlHgS75P
— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) December 12, 2016
"He is up there with the very best in world football at the moment. The stats don’t lie. We hope that continues."
Cahill went on to say that Costa is a completely unchanged person since joining Chelsea, claiming that he has found a way to channel his aggression in the 'right way'.
He added: “He’s exactly the same fella, he’s the same guy as when he first came into the club,
"He’s just channelling his aggression in the right way and not getting as frustrated as he usually would.
Metro_Sport: Chelsea fans ALREADY love Diego Costa as much as they loved Didier Drogba, claims Gary Cahill https://t.co/qQBfaXsy8t #CFC
— Sport News Channel (@SportNewsChanel) December 12, 2016

"I can see, because I know him, when gets frustrated like he was in the first half. But he’s being patient because when the goals are coming he knows that one chance and he’ll stick it away.
"That’s something he’s added to his game this season. I was just saying to be patient and I knew he would get opportunities in the game.
"He made his own opportunity in the end. He is going to be that player and have that personality, so it’s just putting it in the right direction and at the moment he’s doing that and banging goals in.
"His goal was work-rate, effort and class all in one moment. He had not right to score that goal whatsoever.”
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Didn't I say something like this before? :tic: Didn't people ask me to keep kwayet? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: