BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Post by green4life »

paj wrote:
green4life wrote:Guys what are your opinions on that bulldog named veratti? Veratti + Kante? Kai. A match made in heaven for me. He's definitely leaving PSG this summer and hopefully on his way to Chelsea.
Bobo na card magnet unless he can control himself..but we go let Matic go? Me I wan keep Fabregas o!
Pa
Matic might want to leave as it will signify reduction in playing time but Fabregas should stay. He's not getting younger nor faster hence the reduced playing time arguably increased his effectiveness this season from my perspective.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

green4life wrote:Guys what are your opinions on that bulldog named veratti? Veratti + Kante? Kai. A match made in heaven for me. He's definitely leaving PSG this summer and hopefully on his way to Chelsea.
Rumor is he is Barca bound.

If he comes to Chelsea, I worry about 2 small guys in midfield. I go back to the spurs game at WHL where they spanked us silly. Kante was bullied that day no be small by Dembele and Wanyama. If we play two of them in EPL games, e fit hard us small. I do like Verati's 2 way versatility though, but my preference has always been Naingolan with Roma
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

green4life wrote:
paj wrote:
Bobo na card magnet unless he can control himself..but we go let Matic go? Me I wan keep Fabregas o!
Pa
Matic might want to leave as it will signify reduction in playing time but Fabregas should stay. He's not getting younger nor faster hence the reduced playing time arguably increased his effectiveness this season from my perspective.
100% agree with this. Fab always looked fresh whenever he played. Compare to Jose's third season where he was very lethargic most times....
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

In furtherance of the transfer season theme, my Chelsea fam brethren, what are your thoughts if any on the option Monaco's Bakayoko as a possible future partner for Kante next season? They done link this bobo tire since January and fresh links recently reappeared. Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:In furtherance of the transfer season theme, my Chelsea fam brethren, what are your thoughts if any on the option Monaco's Bakayoko as a possible future partner for Kante next season? They done link this bobo tire since January and fresh links recently reappeared. Cheers.
Actually Veratti, or Radja are my choices to pair Ngolo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ugbowo wrote:

If he comes to Chelsea, I worry about 2 small guys in midfield. I go back to the spurs game at WHL where they spanked us silly. Kante was bullied that day no be small by Dembele and Wanyama. If we play two of them in EPL games, e fit hard us small. I do like Verati's 2 way versatility though, but my preference has always been Naingolan with Roma
Barca bound? I don't see how it works for him unless Busquets is City bound. Verrati isn't going somewhere were he will split time and rotate in and out. Notwithstanding his lack of height, I like him a lot. A bit pricey though at 55MP for a DM/ box to box CM but if Conte needs to add height, he can bring on Chalobah as a third CM and go 352 as needed.

By the way, Kante struggled vs Spurs not due to lack of height but mostly due to Matic's weaknesses of poor mobility and poor control/first touch on the ball. When you press him, especially forcing him to turn to his weaker foot, he will cough it up or give it away (errant pass). Once you isolate Matic in games vs quality opposition, he's toast and Kante is left doing two man work which becomes closer to 3 man work if the opposition - like spurs did - starts with 3 players in central midfield (Eriksen played centrally with Ali roaming slightly ahead/ off him). But if you have two workhorses, even against a 3 man midfield, they can hold the forte (leak small but won't break) and create numerous counter attacking opportunities on the offensive given the extra attacker vs a 352. Anyway, na my theory be that.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am hearing Kante to Real Madrid
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I am hearing Kante to Real Madrid
Invest in one of these..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Rumours are that Morata is closer to AC Milan :-( ...crap..now we might get stuck with this Lukaku bloke :evil:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

They have started to pick Monaco apart. I expect Chelsea to get in on the action.
Bernardo Silva: Manchester City complete £43m deal for Monaco midfielder
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40061812
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Make Dem fast track this pending transfer joor. The team needs someone that can put pressure on Thibaut and get the best out of him.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Solanke is joining Liverpool. Between 2M and 3M.

Don't know if that's smart business. Why not keep the guy and give him few minutes here and there when a game is already won?

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:Solanke is joining Liverpool. Between 2M and 3M.

Don't know if that's smart business. Why not keep the guy and give him few minutes here and there when a game is already won?
The young man doesn't want to extend his contact and there is zero plan for him at Chelsea so this is the only option absent shipping him out for free.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

green4life wrote:

The young man doesn't want to extend his contact and there is zero plan for him at Chelsea so this is the only option absent shipping him out for free.

That's because he is not sure of playtime.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

green4life wrote:

he wanted 50K/week...maybe Klopp go gi am
Pa
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:
green4life wrote:

he wanted 50K/week...maybe Klopp go gi am
Pa

He won't get that sort of Money at LPool. Which further shows it wasn't all about money. He needed playtime.

First we heard he wanted 50p/week. After 1 year, he denied that and said it was all press talk and would have been fine with the 20k/week that Chelsea wanted to offer or offered. I guess by then the relationship already went down south.

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

Barca bound? I don't see how it works for him unless Busquets is City bound. Verrati isn't going somewhere were he will split time and rotate in and out. Notwithstanding his lack of height, I like him a lot. A bit pricey though at 55MP for a DM/ box to box CM but if Conte needs to add height, he can bring on Chalobah as a third CM and go 352 as needed.

By the way, Kante struggled vs Spurs not due to lack of height but mostly due to Matic's weaknesses of poor mobility and poor control/first touch on the ball. When you press him, especially forcing him to turn to his weaker foot, he will cough it up or give it away (errant pass). Once you isolate Matic in games vs quality opposition, he's toast and Kante is left doing two man work which becomes closer to 3 man work if the opposition - like spurs did - starts with 3 players in central midfield (Eriksen played centrally with Ali roaming slightly ahead/ off him). But if you have two workhorses, even against a 3 man midfield, they can hold the forte (leak small but won't break) and create numerous counter attacking opportunities on the offensive given the extra attacker vs a 352. Anyway, na my theory be that.
Bro - I disagree a bit on Kante. Just like Matic, he also struggles against teams that presses aggressively or even against top teams with MFs that retain ball well. From what I have seen, Kante's first touch/passing is really not better than Matic. They are both limited in that aspect of their game. Isolate either of the 2 and the situation persists.

In MF - Conte/Emenalo got to address a major weakness in midfield
Lack if ball playing/creative MFs. As pointed out earlier, against top teams, the pair of kante/matic do not only struggle to retain possession and maintain passing fluidity, both also struggle to create for the from 3, hence Hazard & co stayed isolated or have to keep dropping to midfield to collect the ball hence making them offensively ineffective.

Cesc is not the most ideal solution because of his obvious defensive weakness. Or find a creative (strong passer) in the ozil/erickssen mold that will have to split time with Pedro/Willian.

By the way, I am cool with CFC selling Willian. While his work rate and ball skills are great, be slows the game down too much & does not makea a lot of off the ball runs. Pedro is a less skillful player IMO but be gives the attack more bite than Willy...

As for strikers, will Costa most likely staying, CFC are out of options for a top quality forward. Have to find a reliable young back up that will Push Costa. Costa has zerp competition & it shows in his game a times.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

Bro - I disagree a bit on Kante. Just like Matic, he also struggles against teams that presses aggressively or even against top teams with MFs that retain ball well. From what I have seen, Kante's first touch/passing is really not better than Matic. They are both limited in that aspect of their game. Isolate either of the 2 and the situation persists.

In MF - Conte/Emenalo got to address a major weakness in midfield
Lack if ball playing/creative MFs. As pointed out earlier, against top teams, the pair of kante/matic do not only struggle to retain possession and maintain passing fluidity, both also struggle to create for the from 3, hence Hazard & co stayed isolated or have to keep dropping to midfield to collect the ball hence making them offensively ineffective.

Cesc is not the most ideal solution because of his obvious defensive weakness. Or find a creative (strong passer) in the ozil/erickssen mold that will have to split time with Pedro/Willian.

By the way, I am cool with CFC selling Willian. While his work rate and ball skills are great, be slows the game down too much & does not makea a lot of off the ball runs. Pedro is a less skillful player IMO but be gives the attack more bite than Willy...

As for strikers, will Costa most likely staying, CFC are out of options for a top quality forward. Have to find a reliable young back up that will Push Costa. Costa has zerp competition & it shows in his game a times.

I am really hoping for a better off-season this time with new players. The team can't always go defensive against certain teams.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chelsea has made inquiries about this guy: Tolisso.
A player that can score from midfield.
[/video]

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

what U guys make of Bakayoko?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:what U guys make of Bakayoko?

If his purchase forces the exit of Matic, then it's a positive. So long as Chelsea does not sell Matic to Man U.