BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2016/2017 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS

Post by balo »

platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
paj wrote:Tired of all this tug of war going on between Conte and the Board....Emenalo wan bring back Lukaku wey Conte no want..imagine
Pa
Abeg free Conte.. let the coach pick the players he want. If the team fails, the coach will take 100% responsibility. Don't force players on coach. If Conte no want Lukaku, then I am sure there is a good reason why.

Make this Bakayoko transfer complete so team can start shaping up
It depends on the arrangement Conte agreed to though. If he agreed to leave transfers to Emenalo, he should stick to the agreement.

If he continues to butt heads with "constituted authority", they will soon run him out of town.

Chelsea will not change their business model for him. He better get used to it.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

balo wrote:
platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
paj wrote:Tired of all this tug of war going on between Conte and the Board....Emenalo wan bring back Lukaku wey Conte no want..imagine
Pa
Abeg free Conte.. let the coach pick the players he want. If the team fails, the coach will take 100% responsibility. Don't force players on coach. If Conte no want Lukaku, then I am sure there is a good reason why.

It depends on the arrangement Conte agreed to though. If he agreed to leave transfers to Emenalo, he should stick to the agreement.

If he continues to butt heads with "constituted authority", they will soon run him out of town.

KPOM :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:
Pa

U assume I'm chastising Conte? :blink: dude...I hope you're not going into the mindreading/psychic business anytime soon o! :shock: I'm absolutely AGAINST interfering with who a WINNING coach is trying to get to improve the team...this is precisely what happened last year with Jose...for one Lukaku aint worth no 80Mil...he has 2 years on his contract...he can let it run down and then come back for free when he's 26 make we see ...secondly it's up to Conte to decide who plays for CFC..not Emenalo, not Maria, not Roman
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Sell Ake for 22, bring in Ruediger for 38. Smart business.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:the money on Lukaku is madness, but Conte can be replaced easily, many coaches have done better and they were fired.. to me last season was a fluke by Conte.. that useless assnal exposed his only tactic in football
:blink: ....can we beg whoever took BP's brain away to please bring it back??? :blink: :shock: :shock:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

paj wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Pa

U assume I'm chastising Conte? :blink: dude...I hope you're not going into the mindreading/psychic business anytime soon o! :shock: I'm absolutely AGAINST interfering with who a WINNING coach is trying to get to improve the team...this is precisely what happened last year with Jose...for one Lukaku aint worth no 80Mil...he has 2 years on his contract...he can let it run down and then come back for free when he's 26 make we see ...secondly it's up to Conte to decide who plays for CFC..not Emenalo, not Maria, not Roman

You sure you be Chelsea fan? Why are you acting as if Roman's form of operation is news to you? If Conte doesn't buck up and follow set standards, he'll be gone...actually knowing him, he'll quit before being told to move on.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Pa

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... aia-others

This is the closest most cfc fans know about transfer roles in the club...

I am more inclined to believe that Conte provides description of the type of players he wants. Given his vast experience in the game, Conte porbably goes further to provide his preferred targets.. ME goes into scouting mode including finding 2nd & 3rd options in case the primary target no be am. But I stand corrected. For too long, CFC just dey buy players that the top managers have not been keen on hence the high player turn over.. likes of RDM/AVB that cfc can force players on.. lol

But yeah - depends on what the agreement was. But looks like Conte wants to change that as he currently has leverage post EPL title..

Na them sabi.. no be my money

@Paj, I hear you..
Last edited by analyzer on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

analyzer wrote:
platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Pa

I am more inclined to believe that Conte provides description of the type of players he wants. Given his vast experience in the game, Conte porbably goes further to provide his preferred targets.. ME goes into scouting mode including finding 2nd & 3rd options in case the primary target no be am. But I stand corrected. For too long, CFC just dey buy players that the top managers have not been keen on hence the high player turn over.. likes of RDM/AVB that cfc can force players on.. lol

But yeah - depends on what the agreement was. But looks like Conte wants to change that as he currently has leverage post EPL title..

@Paj, I here you..

Leverage? He needs to shine eye well well. Mourinho couldn't leverage anything, na Conte wan do am?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Pa

@Paj, I here you..

Leverage? He needs to shine eye well well. Mourinho couldn't leverage anything, na Conte wan do am?
can you imagine..he wants leverage.. Conte will be fired or asked to walk.. he isn't the first to win the EPL, and won't be the last.. I donot trust Conte to perform in a cup competition..Chelsea will not go very far with COnte as manager in the Champs league. Wenger exposed Conte ..conte has no alternatives other than the 343... the team just punts the ball and plays power football..zero skills , creativity.. but constant buga buga football and hope for a workhorse like team
SuperEagles

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Pa

@Paj, I here you..

This is where I disagree with you...

And where exactly did the CFC-Jose disagreement land both parties? CFC finished 15/16 in the worst position since Roman took over. Probably their worst finish in EPL era. Part of the failure is the Board's decision not to fully back Jose in transfer market, the other is Jose's childishness and inability to be more innovative with his squad.. Regardless, Jose has moved on to manage one of the top 3 most valuable clubs in the world. And guess what - Jose gets a significant say in transfers. I stand corrected.

Conte came in and performed above expectation. The man won EPL despite only getting one of his top choice target (Kante). The man has proven himself and now has major leverage. Arguably, your assumption is that Conte needs the CFC job more than CFC needs Conte (top quality manager). Conte can quit today and he will not be short of offers from top quality clubs. CFC on the other hand will find it difficult to get a top quality manager of similar caliber.. So Conte has a lot of leverage IMO.

My own is, if you expect the man to win - better give him the tools he requests to the best of the club's ability. I do however understand that CFC must look out for its own long term interest. But there is a way to merge the club & the manager's interest.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ruediger for medicals. 38M Euros agreed with Roma.

So whose call is this? The Board or Conte's?

We sure didn't see this coming.

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

balo wrote:Ruediger for medicals. 38M Euros agreed with Roma.

So whose call is this? The Board or Conte's?

We sure didn't see this coming.
Not sure.. Board/Conte will have to be in some sort of agreement when it comes to purchasing players for the 1st team. I doubt Ruediger is Conte's 1st choice given the rumor that he wants Bonucci/Van whatever. Worst case is that Reudiger adds to depth chart if CFC cannot get Conte's preferred top choice CB.. Remember that Ake & JT have left. Good chance Zouma might leave as I do not think he is a Conte type of defender. Physically strong but not good enough technically to execute the playing style Conte wants.

Not sure how good Reudiger (factoring his ceiling) is but I like the age - 24. Cahill and Luiz are 30/31.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Emenalo introduces Willy Caballero. Welcome to Chelsea. I wish you and the team continued success. Let's build on last season.

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

balo wrote:
platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Pa

Especially a business model that works, he should just focus on his job, The last time Abromovitch trusted a coach to sign players it was mourinho 1.0 and the guy spent 200 million and the players could not even get into the team apart from Carvahlho, we paid 20 million for Portuguese right back
Oya back to the matter
open and close
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

analyzer wrote:
platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Pa

@Paj, I here you..

This is where I disagree with you...

And where exactly did the CFC-Jose disagreement land both parties? CFC finished 15/16 in the worst position since Roman took over. Probably their worst finish in EPL era. Part of the failure is the Board's decision not to fully back Jose in transfer market, the other is Jose's childishness and inability to be more innovative with his squad.. Regardless, Jose has moved on to manage one of the top 3 most valuable clubs in the world. And guess what - Jose gets a significant say in transfers. I stand corrected.

Conte came in and performed above expectation. The man won EPL despite only getting one of his top choice target (Kante). The man has proven himself and now has major leverage. Arguably, your assumption is that Conte needs the CFC job more than CFC needs Conte (top quality manager). Conte can quit today and he will not be short of offers from top quality clubs. CFC on the other hand will find it difficult to get a top quality manager of similar caliber.. So Conte has a lot of leverage IMO.

My own is, if you expect the man to win - better give him the tools he requests to the best of the club's ability. I do however understand that CFC must look out for its own long term interest. But there is a way to merge the club & the manager's interest.
Your club's model has worked perfectly though so why look at what others are doing. Jose gets his way at United yet you are EPL champs and I bet will win the UCL before he does.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Prince wrote:
balo wrote:
platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Pa

Especially a business model that works, he should just focus on his job, The last time Abromovitch trusted a coach to sign players it was mourinho 1.0 and the guy spent 200 million and the players could not even get into the team apart from Carvahlho, we paid 20 million for Portuguese right back
Haba chief, let us not bend history..
Both Mourinho 1.0 & 2.0 had significant say in transfers. Mourinho still remains Chelsea's most successful manager to date while not totally giving up transfer power to the club. :idea: :idea:

Jose's purchases/targets arguably formed the backbone of successful CFC team for years. It was from around 2010/2011 that CFC started the whole new transfer strategy predominantly focused on buying young talented players most of whom hardly broke into 1st team.

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

@Platinum,

Contrary to what you & others might think, Jose got his way with CFC to a certain degree. Will give you an idea of Jose's influence..
Jose 2.0 because CFC's new transfer model (buying young talented players without the Coach's significant input) started 2010/2011 Lukaku, KDB, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Azpi, Luiz, Coutois, Moses, Romeu, Van Ginkel e.t.c

Jose comes in 13/14. Sort of gets with the program but still forces board to make changes. Out goes Mata, Luiz, KDB, Lukaku, Moses
In comes likes of Costa, Matic, Cesc. 15/16 - the bobo wanted more reinforcement but club no wan dey spend kings ransom on players..

By the way, has the CFC transfer model really been that successful/perfect? More of hit and miss IMO. It looks perfect when there is so much money to play with.. IMO, the model was CFC's response to the now dead FFP with long term strategic thinking. But now, CFC is selling the young assets only to buy them back at 3-5x the price a few years down the road.. That is not a perfect model IMO..

CFC is the one that approached Conte to renew contract post a successful season (surpassed expectation). The man wants more say in transfer like the most successful coach in club's history and una they say "get on with the job".. :lol: :lol: Leave story, the bobo has leverage right now except CFC wants to go back to RDM or AVB :lol: :lol: :lol:

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

analyzer wrote:@Platinum,

Contrary to what you & others might think, Jose got his way with CFC to a certain degree. Will give you an idea of Jose's influence..
Jose 2.0 because CFC's new transfer model (buying young talented players without the Coach's significant input) started 2010/2011 Lukaku, KDB, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Azpi, Luiz, Coutois, Moses, Romeu, Van Ginkel e.t.c

Jose comes in 13/14. Sort of gets with the program but still forces board to make changes. Out goes Mata, Luiz, KDB, Lukaku, Moses
In comes likes of Costa, Matic, Cesc. 15/16 - the bobo wanted more reinforcement but club no wan dey spend kings ransom on players..

By the way, has the CFC transfer model really been that successful/perfect? More of hit and miss IMO. It looks perfect when there is so much money to play with.. IMO, the model was CFC's response to the now dead FFP with long term strategic thinking. But now, CFC is selling the young assets only to buy them back at 3-5x the price a few years down the road.. That is not a perfect model IMO..

CFC is the one that approached Conte to renew contract post a successful season (surpassed expectation). The man wants more say in transfer like the most successful coach in club's history and una they say "get on with the job".. :lol: :lol: Leave story, the bobo has leverage right now except CFC wants to go back to RDM or AVB :lol: :lol: :lol:

The club will and should get him the guys he asked for. But Granovskaia is not about to relinquish her job.

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

No one asked for Gran or ME to relinquish their jobs. Just don't force players on him. Let Conte have more say on 1st team targets.

G is responsible for transfer negotiations. Conte is not going to be calling up clubs & player agents to negotiate transfers lol

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

analyzer wrote:No one asked for Gran or ME to relinquish their jobs. Just don't force players on him. Let Conte have more say on 1st team targets.

G is responsible for transfer negotiations. Conte is not going to be calling up clubs & player agents to negotiate transfers lol
it's the European way, you tell them what you want and they buy the players, very few clubs will give you that powet
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Prince wrote:
analyzer wrote:No one asked for Gran or ME to relinquish their jobs. Just don't force players on him. Let Conte have more say on 1st team targets.

it's the European way, you tell them what you want and they buy the players, very few clubs will give you that powet
He has no clue how the transfer system works
SuperEagles

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Prince wrote:

What Conte wants is a significant say on which 1st team players come in & leaves. He wants to pick targets, not have targets picked for him.. That is what I have heard so far. Then apply pressure on the board to secure his targets.

You tell ME/G the "Specific" target and they go get it. All the top coaches from Pep to Wenger to Jose have such power so why not Conte..are you saying Conte has npt earned the right to demand such power that even Jose enjoyed at CFC on certain occasions?

There is a difference between "get me a ball playing defender" and get me " Bonucci or Boateng".. and then ME turns around to say you must take Rudiger because that is what CFC wants..

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:@Platinum,

...I also think Maria/ME are not as savvy as prior members of the board of directors...Chelsea of old go don finish deal and kamma player before press even sabi wetin dey happen..all U go see na player grinning at the Yashica camera...but now we dey prise like sey we dey Jankara..back and forth and sometimes losing out
Pa