Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 3:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18045
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Quote:
El-Kanemi's teenage sensation, Bata, turning heads in the NPFL
Published on Thursday, 30 June 2016 12:06 Hits: 705
http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/club-news/1646-el-kanemi-s-teenage-sensation-bata-turning-heads-in-the-npfl

By Uchenna Iyoke

The Nigeria top-flight has, in the past, churned out top talent and witnessed some of the best schoolboys play in the championship. That trend has continued into this present day as the like of Godfrey Oboabona, Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye and Efe Ambrose all cut their teeth at some point in the country's top division, now the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

These quartet have gone on to become key members of the Nigeria national team, the Super Eagles. But there are now emerging talents in the NPFL. One of such new names is El-Kanemi Warriors attacking winger, Hussaini Bata Mohammed. The youngster is already being branded Messi by supporters of the Maiduguri club.
Image
Of course the nickname, Messi, bestowed on the right-footed winger comes from the fact that he has a semblance in physique to the FC Barcelona and Argentine superstar. Add to that, Bata has enough pace in him to burn as evident in matches he has appeared in for El-Kanemi Warriors this season.

Bata was promoted to the top-flight from El-Kanemi Feeders on the eve of the start of this season by coach Issa Ladan Bosso, who was impressed by the player's interpretation of the game. He made his debut in the 0-1 loss to Wikki Tourists on match day 1. However, since the Warriors returned to their home soil in Maiduguri, Bata has been in outstanding form, scoring four goals and providing three assists.

The petite winger played two seasons with the club's feeders before his promotion. He has now started in all matches since his newfound form after their return to home ground. Teams like Shooting Stars, Ikorodu United, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Abia Warriors and Lobi Stars have experienced the crafty moves of the youngster, who Maiduguri football fans prefer to call Messi. His NPFL performances in the colours of El-Kanemi have already earned him man-of-the-match awards on three occasions.

The 16-year-old, who is enjoying loads of playing times in recent match days is thankful to Bosso, the man who showed so much belief in him and handed him a shot at top-flight football.
"I will like to thank my coach for giving me the chance not minding my age. I will give my best to ensure my team finishes in the top-five. Though it is a difficult task (achieving a top-five finish) but with hard work we can achieve it," Bata told npfl.ng.

Bata's low centre of gravity allows him to attempt crafty moves from the flanks like Messi, the superstar, who he is nicknamed after. He is always a threat to defenders, as he is a fast dribbler and often hits low crosses. Most of his goals, this term, have come from close range finish because of his sleek nature and positioning.

The youngster like every footballer is ambitious. He believes that a call-up to any of the national teams will come at the appropriate but wants to continue his development by featuring in more matches for El-Kanemi.

He added that his family has been a major source of motivation in his fledgling career so far. Bata admitted that he always feel obliged to give his best as a way to repay his family for their support.

"I am yet to play for any of the national team, though I believe my game will pave the way for a call-up. For now, I want to play more games, show my skills and score more goals. My parents and siblings watch me play always. So I don’t want to disappoint them. They are great sources of encouragement to me," he said.

Somehow those sources of encouragement has made the youngster fearless. Bata despite his small physique is ready to have a go at defenders, no matter their sizes in physical structure. Certainly the youngster must also be pointing to those popular words of Mark Twain that 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog' that matters.

Bata said: "I can take on any defender, especially when you look down on me because of my size, although I respect our defenders for their qualities."

So when match day 25 gets underway this weekend across nine venues in the country, just watch out for El-Kanemi's number 37 line up with his teammates against the NPFL champions, Enyimba, in Umuahia on Sunday.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:43 pm
Posts: 2190
Location: US
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
El-Kanemi's teenage sensation, Bata, turning heads in the NPFL
Published on Thursday, 30 June 2016 12:06 Hits: 705
http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/club-news/1646-el-kanemi-s-teenage-sensation-bata-turning-heads-in-the-npfl

By Uchenna Iyoke

The Nigeria top-flight has, in the past, churned out top talent and witnessed some of the best schoolboys play in the championship. That trend has continued into this present day as the like of Godfrey Oboabona, Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye and Efe Ambrose all cut their teeth at some point in the country's top division, now the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

These quartet have gone on to become key members of the Nigeria national team, the Super Eagles. But there are now emerging talents in the NPFL. One of such new names is El-Kanemi Warriors attacking winger, Hussaini Bata Mohammed. The youngster is already being branded Messi by supporters of the Maiduguri club.
Image
Of course the nickname, Messi, bestowed on the right-footed winger comes from the fact that he has a semblance in physique to the FC Barcelona and Argentine superstar. Add to that, Bata has enough pace in him to burn as evident in matches he has appeared in for El-Kanemi Warriors this season.

Bata was promoted to the top-flight from El-Kanemi Feeders on the eve of the start of this season by coach Issa Ladan Bosso, who was impressed by the player's interpretation of the game. He made his debut in the 0-1 loss to Wikki Tourists on match day 1. However, since the Warriors returned to their home soil in Maiduguri, Bata has been in outstanding form, scoring four goals and providing three assists.

The petite winger played two seasons with the club's feeders before his promotion. He has now started in all matches since his newfound form after their return to home ground. Teams like Shooting Stars, Ikorodu United, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Abia Warriors and Lobi Stars have experienced the crafty moves of the youngster, who Maiduguri football fans prefer to call Messi. His NPFL performances in the colours of El-Kanemi have already earned him man-of-the-match awards on three occasions.

The 16-year-old, who is enjoying loads of playing times in recent match days is thankful to Bosso, the man who showed so much belief in him and handed him a shot at top-flight football.
"I will like to thank my coach for giving me the chance not minding my age. I will give my best to ensure my team finishes in the top-five. Though it is a difficult task (achieving a top-five finish) but with hard work we can achieve it," Bata told npfl.ng.

Bata's low centre of gravity allows him to attempt crafty moves from the flanks like Messi, the superstar, who he is nicknamed after. He is always a threat to defenders, as he is a fast dribbler and often hits low crosses. Most of his goals, this term, have come from close range finish because of his sleek nature and positioning.

The youngster like every footballer is ambitious. He believes that a call-up to any of the national teams will come at the appropriate but wants to continue his development by featuring in more matches for El-Kanemi.

He added that his family has been a major source of motivation in his fledgling career so far. Bata admitted that he always feel obliged to give his best as a way to repay his family for their support.

"I am yet to play for any of the national team, though I believe my game will pave the way for a call-up. For now, I want to play more games, show my skills and score more goals. My parents and siblings watch me play always. So I don’t want to disappoint them. They are great sources of encouragement to me," he said.

Somehow those sources of encouragement has made the youngster fearless. Bata despite his small physique is ready to have a go at defenders, no matter their sizes in physical structure. Certainly the youngster must also be pointing to those popular words of Mark Twain that 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog' that matters.

Bata said: "I can take on any defender, especially when you look down on me because of my size, although I respect our defenders for their qualities."

So when match day 25 gets underway this weekend across nine venues in the country, just watch out for El-Kanemi's number 37 line up with his teammates against the NPFL champions, Enyimba, in Umuahia on Sunday.


Game is finished; Enyimba won 2 - 0.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:43 pm
Posts: 2190
Location: US
Oguleftie wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
El-Kanemi's teenage sensation, Bata, turning heads in the NPFL
Published on Thursday, 30 June 2016 12:06 Hits: 705
http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/club-news/1646-el-kanemi-s-teenage-sensation-bata-turning-heads-in-the-npfl

By Uchenna Iyoke

The Nigeria top-flight has, in the past, churned out top talent and witnessed some of the best schoolboys play in the championship. That trend has continued into this present day as the like of Godfrey Oboabona, Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye and Efe Ambrose all cut their teeth at some point in the country's top division, now the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

These quartet have gone on to become key members of the Nigeria national team, the Super Eagles. But there are now emerging talents in the NPFL. One of such new names is El-Kanemi Warriors attacking winger, Hussaini Bata Mohammed. The youngster is already being branded Messi by supporters of the Maiduguri club.
Image
Of course the nickname, Messi, bestowed on the right-footed winger comes from the fact that he has a semblance in physique to the FC Barcelona and Argentine superstar. Add to that, Bata has enough pace in him to burn as evident in matches he has appeared in for El-Kanemi Warriors this season.

Bata was promoted to the top-flight from El-Kanemi Feeders on the eve of the start of this season by coach Issa Ladan Bosso, who was impressed by the player's interpretation of the game. He made his debut in the 0-1 loss to Wikki Tourists on match day 1. However, since the Warriors returned to their home soil in Maiduguri, Bata has been in outstanding form, scoring four goals and providing three assists.

The petite winger played two seasons with the club's feeders before his promotion. He has now started in all matches since his newfound form after their return to home ground. Teams like Shooting Stars, Ikorodu United, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Abia Warriors and Lobi Stars have experienced the crafty moves of the youngster, who Maiduguri football fans prefer to call Messi. His NPFL performances in the colours of El-Kanemi have already earned him man-of-the-match awards on three occasions.

The 16-year-old, who is enjoying loads of playing times in recent match days is thankful to Bosso, the man who showed so much belief in him and handed him a shot at top-flight football.
"I will like to thank my coach for giving me the chance not minding my age. I will give my best to ensure my team finishes in the top-five. Though it is a difficult task (achieving a top-five finish) but with hard work we can achieve it," Bata told npfl.ng.

Bata's low centre of gravity allows him to attempt crafty moves from the flanks like Messi, the superstar, who he is nicknamed after. He is always a threat to defenders, as he is a fast dribbler and often hits low crosses. Most of his goals, this term, have come from close range finish because of his sleek nature and positioning.

The youngster like every footballer is ambitious. He believes that a call-up to any of the national teams will come at the appropriate but wants to continue his development by featuring in more matches for El-Kanemi.

He added that his family has been a major source of motivation in his fledgling career so far. Bata admitted that he always feel obliged to give his best as a way to repay his family for their support.

"I am yet to play for any of the national team, though I believe my game will pave the way for a call-up. For now, I want to play more games, show my skills and score more goals. My parents and siblings watch me play always. So I don’t want to disappoint them. They are great sources of encouragement to me," he said.

Somehow those sources of encouragement has made the youngster fearless. Bata despite his small physique is ready to have a go at defenders, no matter their sizes in physical structure. Certainly the youngster must also be pointing to those popular words of Mark Twain that 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog' that matters.

Bata said: "I can take on any defender, especially when you look down on me because of my size, although I respect our defenders for their qualities."

So when match day 25 gets underway this weekend across nine venues in the country, just watch out for El-Kanemi's number 37 line up with his teammates against the NPFL champions, Enyimba, in Umuahia on Sunday.


Game is finished; Enyimba won 2 - 0.


They should not be talking about finishing top 5.
Rather they should be talking about escaping relegation; right now they are just 4 points above relegation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42022
Location: UK
Nice to know.
By the way, how is Chikatara doing wherever he is?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 18710
Is this what niw qualifies as journalism?

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 4199
Damunk wrote:
Nice to know.
By the way, how is Chikatara doing wherever he is?
Chikatara had his one minute fame since then has disappeared into oblivion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:58 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42022
Location: UK
bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nice to know.
By the way, how is Chikatara doing wherever he is?
Chikatara had his one minute fame since then has disappeared into oblivion
I sincerely hope not.
He is probably adjusting to his new environment.
But the question is where?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:03 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42022
Location: UK
Enugu II wrote:
Image

The 16-year-old, who is enjoying loads of playing times in recent match days is thankful to Bosso, the man who showed so much belief in him and handed him a shot at top-flight football.
At 16 he might still be eligible for next year's U17 WC.
Garba should take a close look.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:41 am
Posts: 8577
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Image

The 16-year-old, who is enjoying loads of playing times in recent match days is thankful to Bosso, the man who showed so much belief in him and handed him a shot at top-flight football.
At 16 he might still be eligible for next year's U17 WC.
Garba should take a close look.

The NFF has a rule against selecting players who play in the NPL for the U17 team.

_________________
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18045
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Damunk wrote:
Nice to know.
By the way, how is Chikatara doing wherever he is?


Damunk,

Chikatara is still in Umuahia with Abia Warriors. He played yesterday in the home loss to Plateau United. The club reportedly walked away from a deal with a Moroccan club because the latter did not come through with financial deadlines. The reports now claim that the club is working on a deal with an unnamed European team.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:50 am
Posts: 2628
Location: Nigeria
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nice to know.
By the way, how is Chikatara doing wherever he is?


Damunk,

Chikatara is still in Umuahia with Abia Warriors. He played yesterday in the home loss to Plateau United. The club reportedly walked away from a deal with a Moroccan club because the latter did not come through with financial deadlines. The reports now claim that the club is working on a deal with an unnamed European team.

This on and off saga is distracting the young man. They should get the deal done, or foreclose it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18045
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nice to know.
By the way, how is Chikatara doing wherever he is?


Damunk,

Chikatara is still in Umuahia with Abia Warriors. He played yesterday in the home loss to Plateau United. The club reportedly walked away from a deal with a Moroccan club because the latter did not come through with financial deadlines. The reports now claim that the club is working on a deal with an unnamed European team.

This on and off saga is distracting the young man. They should get the deal done, or foreclose it.


TRUE WORD!

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:21 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42022
Location: UK
:bump:
So does anyone know what happened to this young prospect?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2599
Hmmm. 16 year old NPFL sensation.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group