Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28572
kenmega wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
kenmega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Striker urgent


If thats the case, why did we miss out on Ademola Lookman?


Over - rated


Scored on his debut for Everton :thumb:


versus Bravo ...

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25116
Jan Vertonghen to miss up to 10 weeks with ankle injury?
Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen evades Arsenal's Theo Walcott during the North London derby at the Emirates Stadium on November 6, 2016
© SilverHub
By Barney Corkhill, Staff Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 14:36 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 14:36 UK

Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen could reportedly miss up to 10 weeks with the ankle injury he sustained during Saturday's 4-0 win over West Bromwich Albion.

The 29-year-old left the field in tears during the second half at White Hart Lane, with manager Mauricio Pochettino confirming after the game that the injury looked "bad".

Scans have now shown that the problem is between a grade two and grade three, which could mean that Spurs will have to make do without the Belgium international until the latter stages of March.

Vertonghen is expected to miss at least six weeks with the problem, which would rule him out of as many as eight matches, including title showdowns with Manchester City and Liverpool.

However, despite suffering such a blow to Tottenham's title hopes, Pochettino reportedly has no plans to enter the January transfer market in an attempt to find cover for the defender.

Spurs, who now sit second in the Premier League table, face Man City at the Etihad Stadium this weekend.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 29550
pajimoh wrote:
Jan Vertonghen to miss up to 10 weeks with ankle injury?
Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen evades Arsenal's Theo Walcott during the North London derby at the Emirates Stadium on November 6, 2016
© SilverHub
By Barney Corkhill, Staff Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 14:36 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 14:36 UK

Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen could reportedly miss up to 10 weeks with the ankle injury he sustained during Saturday's 4-0 win over West Bromwich Albion.

The 29-year-old left the field in tears during the second half at White Hart Lane, with manager Mauricio Pochettino confirming after the game that the injury looked "bad".

Scans have now shown that the problem is between a grade two and grade three, which could mean that Spurs will have to make do without the Belgium international until the latter stages of March.

Vertonghen is expected to miss at least six weeks with the problem, which would rule him out of as many as eight matches, including title showdowns with Manchester City and Liverpool.

However, despite suffering such a blow to Tottenham's title hopes, Pochettino reportedly has no plans to enter the January transfer market in an attempt to find cover for the defender.

Spurs, who now sit second in the Premier League table, face Man City at the Etihad Stadium this weekend.

I hope that will not affect the result against City,i want to see some nice game a draw fair for us gooners.
I must say your team is playing the best footie now in England very balance team.Good luck hope you guys finish second in the league


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 33525
Location: Transition
Wimmer will slot in nicely just like he did exactly a year ago for the same length of time. Even if we continue with the 3 at the back it will be Toby, Wimmer and Dier to hold girt with Cameron as back up.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28572
kajifu wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Jan Vertonghen to miss up to 10 weeks with ankle injury?
Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen evades Arsenal's Theo Walcott during the North London derby at the Emirates Stadium on November 6, 2016
© SilverHub
By Barney Corkhill, Staff Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 14:36 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 14:36 UK

Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen could reportedly miss up to 10 weeks with the ankle injury he sustained during Saturday's 4-0 win over West Bromwich Albion.

The 29-year-old left the field in tears during the second half at White Hart Lane, with manager Mauricio Pochettino confirming after the game that the injury looked "bad".

Scans have now shown that the problem is between a grade two and grade three, which could mean that Spurs will have to make do without the Belgium international until the latter stages of March.

Vertonghen is expected to miss at least six weeks with the problem, which would rule him out of as many as eight matches, including title showdowns with Manchester City and Liverpool.

However, despite suffering such a blow to Tottenham's title hopes, Pochettino reportedly has no plans to enter the January transfer market in an attempt to find cover for the defender.

Spurs, who now sit second in the Premier League table, face Man City at the Etihad Stadium this weekend.

I hope that will not affect the result against City,i want to see some nice game a draw fair for us gooners.
I must say your team is playing the best footie now in England very balance team.Good luck hope you guys finish second in the league


You miss directions?

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28572
Good news that Jan is out for 6 weeks. I wish him safe and swift recovery. More disturbing is Erik Lamela. We need him to provide more options for the attack. I have read insinuations that there might be mental issues involved with him.

On squad change - I read that Maximus Tainio (son of Teemu Tainio) has joined the Academy. Ditto Poch's second son. Tom Carroll has left ( I am a bit sad at this) to Swansea. It is a testament of his quality that he is moving to another EPL club. I especially remember his (and Bale's) role in the last minute winner at West Ham some seasons back!! :lol: Anytime I am having a bad Spurs moment, I watch that video.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 33525
Location: Transition
This is a lovely Hugo Lloris interview to read. Gives me hope about this season seasons to come.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40783
Location: Akoko Highlands
kajifu wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Jan Vertonghen to miss up to 10 weeks with ankle injury?
Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen evades Arsenal's Theo Walcott during the North London derby at the Emirates Stadium on November 6, 2016
© SilverHub
By Barney Corkhill, Staff Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 14:36 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 14:36 UK

Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen could reportedly miss up to 10 weeks with the ankle injury he sustained during Saturday's 4-0 win over West Bromwich Albion.

The 29-year-old left the field in tears during the second half at White Hart Lane, with manager Mauricio Pochettino confirming after the game that the injury looked "bad".

Scans have now shown that the problem is between a grade two and grade three, which could mean that Spurs will have to make do without the Belgium international until the latter stages of March.

Vertonghen is expected to miss at least six weeks with the problem, which would rule him out of as many as eight matches, including title showdowns with Manchester City and Liverpool.

However, despite suffering such a blow to Tottenham's title hopes, Pochettino reportedly has no plans to enter the January transfer market in an attempt to find cover for the defender.

Spurs, who now sit second in the Premier League table, face Man City at the Etihad Stadium this weekend.

I hope that will not affect the result against City,i want to see some nice game a draw fair for us gooners.
I must say your team is playing the best footie now in England very balance team.Good luck hope you guys finish second in the league


Warming up for fourth?

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25116
Levy doing wonderful things at Spurs. New stadium on the way. Promising squad on the field :thumbs: :thumb: and now....

Highest Value Squads: 1 Barca 2 Madrid 3 Spurs



The CIES (International Center for Sports Studies) has released its own ranking of the Top 10 clubs who, according to their calculations of player value, have the most expensive squads in Europe and thus the world.

Their study takes into account not only the quality of each player, but also their performance, age and contract length. Two players of equal ability have different transfer values based on the length of their contract, when a contract is running down he loses value. Tottenham have signed most of the squad to long-term contracts and thus their transfer values are at maximum. That gives us a greater asset value, which helps borrowings.

Barcelona tops the list (€1.071 billion). It helps having the world's highest valued player, Neymar (€246.8 million), quite apart from Messi at €175m. Real Madrid are valued second highest with a squad value of €922 million and surprisingly in third is Tottenham Hotspur with a squad value of €799 million.

Classification of CIES according to their market value (in millions of euros):

1. Barcelona - 1,071
2. Real Madrid - 922
3. Tottenham Hotspur - 799
4. Manchester United - 700
5. Atletico de Madrid - 696
6. Chelsea - 682
7. Arsenal - 660
8. Manchester City - 655
9. Liverpool - 593
10. Juventus - 567

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28572
^A lot of youth in the squad and with Winks breaking out. It marks a remarkable run in the last couple of years. We have had young players make break out seasons!!

Bentaleb, Mason, Kane, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Winks. The future looks bright. John McDermott is doing a remarkable job!

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28572
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... tottenham/

Tottenham has the youngest squad in the EPL of 25 yrs 266 days.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28572
The great thing about Levy is

1. he is smarter than his peers - that enabled us to be able to be the consistent best of the rest from 2005 on wards while other clubs that could have been up there with us - Villa, Newcastle, Everton, hell, anyone that had a stadium our size or bigger, yo-yo'd about.

2. He has definitely learned from his mistakes. This hasn't been a case of someone coming in, executing his master plan and having it go flawlessly. But he has finally learned the lessons that enabled us to compete against wealthier clubs. Maybe that's what he was always driving towards, but couldn't get the hiring right, but it seems like he has finally been strategic. And strategic is making sure we understand our place in the world, understanding our advantages in comparison to the rest, and organising the club to be aligned to take advantage of those advantages.

It seems like he wanted it ever since Ramos, a tactically astute manager that made a team greater than the sum of its parts, and was able to promote youth. Only Ramos couldn't work in England, Harry was a crisis aversion, AVB was a lot less interested in youth, and Sherwood was well, Sherwood. Maybe he got lucky with Poch, or maybe he realised from the waste of the Bale money largely that we couldn't rely on a model where we sell one big player to build the rest of the team, and demanding our managers compete against the others with poorer finances available to them. It was almost like once he reduced expectations, got a manager that truly believed in youth, as well as being tactically astute and understanding this league, it call came together. And now what we are achieving is ridiculous, way beyond where we should be competing.

With all of that said, if he leaves us with a phenomenal stadium, a state of the art training ground, and a title challenging squad and doing all of this on our budget, sustainable, it will be one of the greatest achievements in football. Man City and Chelsea can win all the trophies they want with their budgets, but nothing they ever do will compare to what we have achieved and will achieve, and it is thanks to Levy. It's taken time, he's had to learn, we've had set backs like dodgy lasagna, we've had rich Russians and Arabs distorting the competitive landscape, but I repeat, if we achieve all that we have done it will be one of the biggest achievements in football. We have Levy to thank.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25116
Cristao II wrote:
The great thing about Levy is

1. he is smarter than his peers - that enabled us to be able to be the consistent best of the rest from 2005 on wards while other clubs that could have been up there with us - Villa, Newcastle, Everton, hell, anyone that had a stadium our size or bigger, yo-yo'd about.

2. He has definitely learned from his mistakes. This hasn't been a case of someone coming in, executing his master plan and having it go flawlessly. But he has finally learned the lessons that enabled us to compete against wealthier clubs. Maybe that's what he was always driving towards, but couldn't get the hiring right, but it seems like he has finally been strategic. And strategic is making sure we understand our place in the world, understanding our advantages in comparison to the rest, and organising the club to be aligned to take advantage of those advantages.

It seems like he wanted it ever since Ramos, a tactically astute manager that made a team greater than the sum of its parts, and was able to promote youth. Only Ramos couldn't work in England, Harry was a crisis aversion, AVB was a lot less interested in youth, and Sherwood was well, Sherwood. Maybe he got lucky with Poch, or maybe he realised from the waste of the Bale money largely that we couldn't rely on a model where we sell one big player to build the rest of the team, and demanding our managers compete against the others with poorer finances available to them. It was almost like once he reduced expectations, got a manager that truly believed in youth, as well as being tactically astute and understanding this league, it call came together. And now what we are achieving is ridiculous, way beyond where we should be competing.

With all of that said, if he leaves us with a phenomenal stadium, a state of the art training ground, and a title challenging squad and doing all of this on our budget, sustainable, it will be one of the greatest achievements in football. Man City and Chelsea can win all the trophies they want with their budgets, but nothing they ever do will compare to what we have achieved and will achieve, and it is thanks to Levy. It's taken time, he's had to learn, we've had set backs like dodgy lasagna, we've had rich Russians and Arabs distorting the competitive landscape, but I repeat, if we achieve all that we have done it will be one of the biggest achievements in football. We have Levy to thank.


Levy and the owner have done phenomenal job steering Sours in the right direction.
They are courting Asian and America market.
It shows the direction and purposefulness of the club to sign key players on long term contract in the space of a month. I believe Toby is the only one yet to sign.

The speed at which the new stadium is taking shape and Spurs on the field is just amazing, considering we are not throwing money after every challenges. This is real wisdom and dedication to the club and passion to do things in the right and sustainable manner.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:23 pm
Posts: 6495
Location: London
pajimoh wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
The great thing about Levy is

1. he is smarter than his peers - that enabled us to be able to be the consistent best of the rest from 2005 on wards while other clubs that could have been up there with us - Villa, Newcastle, Everton, hell, anyone that had a stadium our size or bigger, yo-yo'd about.

2. He has definitely learned from his mistakes. This hasn't been a case of someone coming in, executing his master plan and having it go flawlessly. But he has finally learned the lessons that enabled us to compete against wealthier clubs. Maybe that's what he was always driving towards, but couldn't get the hiring right, but it seems like he has finally been strategic. And strategic is making sure we understand our place in the world, understanding our advantages in comparison to the rest, and organising the club to be aligned to take advantage of those advantages.

It seems like he wanted it ever since Ramos, a tactically astute manager that made a team greater than the sum of its parts, and was able to promote youth. Only Ramos couldn't work in England, Harry was a crisis aversion, AVB was a lot less interested in youth, and Sherwood was well, Sherwood. Maybe he got lucky with Poch, or maybe he realised from the waste of the Bale money largely that we couldn't rely on a model where we sell one big player to build the rest of the team, and demanding our managers compete against the others with poorer finances available to them. It was almost like once he reduced expectations, got a manager that truly believed in youth, as well as being tactically astute and understanding this league, it call came together. And now what we are achieving is ridiculous, way beyond where we should be competing.

With all of that said, if he leaves us with a phenomenal stadium, a state of the art training ground, and a title challenging squad and doing all of this on our budget, sustainable, it will be one of the greatest achievements in football. Man City and Chelsea can win all the trophies they want with their budgets, but nothing they ever do will compare to what we have achieved and will achieve, and it is thanks to Levy. It's taken time, he's had to learn, we've had set backs like dodgy lasagna, we've had rich Russians and Arabs distorting the competitive landscape, but I repeat, if we achieve all that we have done it will be one of the biggest achievements in football. We have Levy to thank.


Levy and the owner have done phenomenal job steering Sours in the right direction.
They are courting Asian and America market.
It shows the direction and purposefulness of the club to sign key players on long term contract in the space of a month. I believe Toby is the only one yet to sign.

The speed at which the new stadium is taking shape and Spurs on the field is just amazing, considering we are not throwing money after every challenges. This is real wisdom and dedication to the club and passion to do things in the right and sustainable manner.


Most Spurs supporters in my area will wait to give Levy credit until May 2017 and see where we are at this stage...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28572
kenmega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
The great thing about Levy is

1. he is smarter than his peers - that enabled us to be able to be the consistent best of the rest from 2005 on wards while other clubs that could have been up there with us - Villa, Newcastle, Everton, hell, anyone that had a stadium our size or bigger, yo-yo'd about.

2. He has definitely learned from his mistakes. This hasn't been a case of someone coming in, executing his master plan and having it go flawlessly. But he has finally learned the lessons that enabled us to compete against wealthier clubs. Maybe that's what he was always driving towards, but couldn't get the hiring right, but it seems like he has finally been strategic. And strategic is making sure we understand our place in the world, understanding our advantages in comparison to the rest, and organising the club to be aligned to take advantage of those advantages.

It seems like he wanted it ever since Ramos, a tactically astute manager that made a team greater than the sum of its parts, and was able to promote youth. Only Ramos couldn't work in England, Harry was a crisis aversion, AVB was a lot less interested in youth, and Sherwood was well, Sherwood. Maybe he got lucky with Poch, or maybe he realised from the waste of the Bale money largely that we couldn't rely on a model where we sell one big player to build the rest of the team, and demanding our managers compete against the others with poorer finances available to them. It was almost like once he reduced expectations, got a manager that truly believed in youth, as well as being tactically astute and understanding this league, it call came together. And now what we are achieving is ridiculous, way beyond where we should be competing.

With all of that said, if he leaves us with a phenomenal stadium, a state of the art training ground, and a title challenging squad and doing all of this on our budget, sustainable, it will be one of the greatest achievements in football. Man City and Chelsea can win all the trophies they want with their budgets, but nothing they ever do will compare to what we have achieved and will achieve, and it is thanks to Levy. It's taken time, he's had to learn, we've had set backs like dodgy lasagna, we've had rich Russians and Arabs distorting the competitive landscape, but I repeat, if we achieve all that we have done it will be one of the biggest achievements in football. We have Levy to thank.


Levy and the owner have done phenomenal job steering Sours in the right direction.
They are courting Asian and America market.
It shows the direction and purposefulness of the club to sign key players on long term contract in the space of a month. I believe Toby is the only one yet to sign.

The speed at which the new stadium is taking shape and Spurs on the field is just amazing, considering we are not throwing money after every challenges. This is real wisdom and dedication to the club and passion to do things in the right and sustainable manner.


Most Spurs supporters in my area will wait to give Levy credit until May 2017 and see where we are at this stage...


I dont need to wait that long to give him credit. I remember how bad Spurs were before he took over. We used to battle to finish lower table after the glory years. That is how bad the club fell. The 90s were not a good time. Other comments are below

Quote:
Levy and ENIC coming in has been on balance, an excellent overall job. Without a doubt, a few issues will always stain the tenure like the way Jol was sacked and Ramos was employed (regardless of if it were the correct decision), the bizarre way George Graham was sacked just prior to that semi final although that was more David Buchler, the Hoddle/Pleat debacle of 2003/04. Those kind of things aside though, I have to say his growth of the club has been very organic and would be exactly what we would have wanted if we could have foreseen exactly how we have recovered our position within the elite group of PL clubs and been asked how we wanted to get there in 2001.

When He/Enic first came in, financially we couldn't compete on any real grounding with regards transfer fees/wages and for the first couple of years signings were pretty sparse and then from 2004 we went down a road whereby we used the scattergun effect for a couple of seasons and made quite a lot of low cost signings in the hope that a few would prosper and either be sold on and make good money or be first team regulars and that model worked very well for us when you consider that the likes of Huddlestone, Jenas, Robinson to name a few became regulars for between 4-7 years and then players we bought reasonably cheaply were then sold on like Routledge, Tainio, Carrick, Edman, Pamarot, Mendes who made us some money. He has also been very astute in the sponsorship/supplier market with the Puma/Under Armour deals being pretty good at the time for a club that was battling to be a contender and will no doubt pull off a very good deal regarding stadium sponsorship.

He definitely has his faults but I think certainly over the last 5-6 years he has learnt from previous errors and I don't think I would be able to pick out a particularly glaring error on his part since we first qualified for the CL. I think since then he has got rid of his managers at the right time given circumstances at that point and I think his transfer policy generally has been good overall in an ever-changing and demanding landscape especially in deciding when and who a key player should be sold to.
To say we have only finished outside the top 6 twice since 2006 is a pretty good record imo and it is unlikely we will finish outside of that in the near future unless we have a complete 'mare of a season and Levy is a massive part in why that is now our reality and for that I am very thankful.


Quote:
I do agree about the football being poor however it was the same for most of the 90's when our average finish was 11th in the table, we ( our great club) had sunk into mid-table mediocrity and we were heading nowhere. Levy ( ENIC) came in started to try and turn the club around and it was bound to take a while, Under Levy (ENIC) our first three seasons were ( 9th,10, 14th) and i agree they were poor ( but we should have been used to it after the 90's), we also made a cup final in his first season but thanks to Sir Les who forgot his shooting boots and a MOM performance from Friedel in nets for Blackburn we lost it, he also had the problem ( as a football chairman) of falling for the nonsense that if a club is failing you have to change the manager every couple of seasons ( some fans are under the same impression) most of the time it does not work anyway.

Since then look at the progress this (Great club) has made ( not just on the pitch but off it), i agree Martin Jol was the turning point on the pitch but Levy ( ENIC) started the ball rolling and for that i will be forever grateful.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28572
We have come a long way. Just watched Spurs vs Southampton from 18 Dec 2004

GK Robinson
RB Pamarot
CB King
CB Gardner
LB Atouba
DM Carrick
LM Ziegler
CM Brown
RM Ricketts
CF Kanoute (sub: Keane)
CF Defoe

Only place that looks stronger than today's Spurs is the attack.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:23 pm
Posts: 6495
Location: London
Cristao II wrote:
We have come a long way. Just watched Spurs vs Southampton from 18 Dec 2004

GK Robinson
RB Pamarot
CB King
CB Gardner
LB Atouba
DM Carrick
LM Ziegler
CM Brown
RM Ricketts
CF Kanoute (sub: Keane)
CF Defoe

Only place that looks stronger than today's Spurs is the attack.


That team in Dec 2004 was capable to challenging for Europe. I recently watched Swindon vs Spurs from 22 Jan 1994. Six-pointer relegation battle:

GK Thorstvedt (sub: Walker)
RB Austin
CB Calderwood
CB Nethercott
LB Edinburgh
CM Caskey
CM Sedgley
CM Samways
AM Anderton (sub: Campbell)
AM Barmby
CF Mahorn

We have come a long, long way...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28572
kenmega wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
We have come a long way. Just watched Spurs vs Southampton from 18 Dec 2004

GK Robinson
RB Pamarot
CB King
CB Gardner
LB Atouba
DM Carrick
LM Ziegler
CM Brown
RM Ricketts
CF Kanoute (sub: Keane)
CF Defoe

Only place that looks stronger than today's Spurs is the attack.


That team in Dec 2004 was capable to challenging for Europe. I recently watched Swindon vs Spurs from 22 Jan 1994. Six-pointer relegation battle:

GK Thorstvedt (sub: Walker)
RB Austin
CB Calderwood
CB Nethercott
LB Edinburgh
CM Caskey
CM Sedgley
CM Samways
AM Anderton (sub: Campbell)
AM Barmby
CF Mahorn

We have come a long, long way...


DAMN!!

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3946
danfo driver wrote:
Coach wrote:
France international on the back of a decent showing at the Euros, just turned 27, no more than going rate. Had Spurs gone in before the Euros, would've paid low 20s, nevertheless, decent signing.


No reaonable club will pay more than 10 m for Sissoko. He Is absolutely Not good enough and showed last year, How inconsistent and poor he Is. He Is like flamini. Played his life out at the euros in search of a contract. I expect normal service to resume now.

Levy would never ever have paid this, but the desperate everton made the bid, forcing Tottenham's hand



:biggrin:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 33525
Location: Transition
danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Coach wrote:
France international on the back of a decent showing at the Euros, just turned 27, no more than going rate. Had Spurs gone in before the Euros, would've paid low 20s, nevertheless, decent signing.

No reaonable club will pay more than 10 m for Sissoko. He Is absolutely Not good enough and showed last year, How inconsistent and poor he Is. He Is like flamini. Played his life out at the euros in search of a contract. I expect normal service to resume now.

Levy would never ever have paid this, but the desperate everton made the bid, forcing Tottenham's hand

:biggrin:

You do realize the payment is £6M staggered over 5 years, right? If he gets sold at the end of the season it would have only cost Levy £6M.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 33525
Location: Transition
kajifu wrote:
Hopefulyy Spurs finish second in the league come May 2017

Seems your prayers are coming true but not for the right reason it appears :rotf:.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 33525
Location: Transition
felarey wrote:
:lol: What about "deadly squad"? :lol: The Spurs are coming, watch out! :lol:

2nd highest scoring team with the lowest amount of goals conceded qualifies to be considered deadly, no :mrgreen:?

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3946
Its a Goal wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Coach wrote:
France international on the back of a decent showing at the Euros, just turned 27, no more than going rate. Had Spurs gone in before the Euros, would've paid low 20s, nevertheless, decent signing.

No reaonable club will pay more than 10 m for Sissoko. He Is absolutely Not good enough and showed last year, How inconsistent and poor he Is. He Is like flamini. Played his life out at the euros in search of a contract. I expect normal service to resume now.

Levy would never ever have paid this, but the desperate everton made the bid, forcing Tottenham's hand

:biggrin:

You do realize the payment is £6M staggered over 5 years, right? If he gets sold at the end of the season it would have only cost Levy £6M.


Not exactly. :rotf: :rotf: it depends on the amount you guys get for him. No matter what happens, Newcastle is receiving their full payment. Meaning that you guys will have to make in excess of 15 million on him in order to see a dime from that money. And I can assure you that you wont make that amount of money on this horrible excuse of a footballer.

Like I told you, he swindled all of you. Like Flamini, this man played like superman to get a contract! I know his kind. I can list their names out to you. Trust me. I know all of them in football--- footballers who only show up in the last year of their contract. sadly, these conmen continue to con clubs into giving them contracts. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ayo Akinfe, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Rawlings, Riche007 and 65 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group