2016/2017: Spurs quietly going about building a winning team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2016/2017: Spurs quietly going about building a winning

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:We all know how it is going to end in the end! Even the fans cannot afford to hope!
The only thing bad about last year was finishing below Arsenal.

- Highest position achieved since EPL started
- Champions League Qualification
- Completion of new Academy
- Another Spurs player bagged the Young player of the Year award
- Finances are very healthy
- Longer list of haters obtained
- Did double over Man City
- Stopped the run of losses versus Liverpool
- Built a very young team infact the youngest side. Inexperience and fatigue did them in the last few games of the season.

Shuo - wait for this season to start. I predict top 6 for this club. We await the elephants to fight one another.

The club has strengthened and is building a stronger squad. Problem last season was we lost 2 key players in midfield and the bench couldnt step up. Now we have Wanyama. Ditto for striking and we now have Janssen.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Two months later he admits that the way the campaign ended, culminating in a 5-1 defeat at relegated Newcastle United, ‘killed’ his summer.
‘The feeling after Newcastle was horrible,’ he explains. ‘It is true that after a couple of months you move on, but it put me in a bad mood for the whole of the summer. It killed my holidays. Seriously. I went to Barcelona and the Bahamas with my family, but all the time I was in a bad mood.
‘There was no time to assimilate the defeat at Newcastle because the season finished at the end of the game and I did not have the chance to share my feelings with my players the day after and kill them!
‘Normally when you lose and you are upset with the players you have the opportunity to tell them how you feel on Monday morning when you meet them and have a big discussion and a big fight.
‘But after the Newcastle game it was not possible because many of my players went off to the Euros. So I had to keep my bad feeling inside for the whole of the summer. Even when I was texting my players in France to wish them well I had to hide my real feelings about the Newcastle game.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4GGva7szz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The funniest part of this thread was Wanyama being described as "the creative midfielder". :rotf:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]wiseone[/color] wrote: The funniest part of this thread was Wanyama being described as "the creative midfielder". :rotf:
Nope. It is ARSEnal fans spewing garbage as usual on what Spur's fortune will be this season. BTW, Dembele is a DM but also creates. Nothing stops Wanyama from doing the same.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]wiseone[/color] wrote: The funniest part of this thread was Wanyama being described as "the creative midfielder". :rotf:
Nope. It is ARSEnal fans spewing garbage as usual on what Spur's fortune will be this season. BTW, Dembele is a DM but also creates. Nothing stops Wanyama from doing the same.
Wanyama is a bruiser. He is not that good wrt passing.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane scores pen after 4 mins against Inter pre season friendly.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Spurs : Vorm, Walker, Alderweireld, Carter-Vickers, Rose; Dier, Mason; Lamela, Eriksen, Alli; Kane (C)
Subs: Lloris, McGee, Trippier, Davies, Walkes, Wimmer, Carroll, Winks, Amos, Edwards, Harrison, Janssen.

Inter : Handanovic; Ansaldi, Miranda, Murillo, D'Ambrosio; Brozovic, Kondogbia; Biabiany, Banega, Perisic; Icardi
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wiseone wrote:The funniest part of this thread was Wanyama being described as "the creative midfielder". :rotf:
:lol: What about "deadly squad"? :lol: The Spurs are coming, watch out! :lol:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

1-1 Perisic
poor keeping from Worm
Danny Blanchflower
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:We all know how it is going to end in the end! Even the fans cannot afford to hope!
The only thing bad about last year was finishing below Arsenal.

- Highest position achieved since EPL started
- Champions League Qualification
- Completion of new Academy
- Another Spurs player bagged the Young player of the Year award
- Finances are very healthy
- Longer list of haters obtained
- Did double over Man City
- Stopped the run of losses versus Liverpool
- Built a very young team infact the youngest side. Inexperience and fatigue did them in the last few games of the season.

Shuo - wait for this season to start. I predict top 6 for this club. We await the elephants to fight one another.

The club has strengthened and is building a stronger squad. Problem last season was we lost 2 key players in midfield and the bench couldnt step up. Now we have Wanyama. Ditto for striking and we now have Janssen.
You are truly a glutton for punishment.

I told you years ago that your club is cursed. Rather than come to me privately to ask me what you guys need to do to lift the curse (if anything), you ran abuses upon me and my ancestors! "Hia you are!" You see what happened again last season, it will happen again next season. Your club will raise your hope, only to waya you hot slap in the end. I can guarantee it!

It has nothing to do with inexperience or fatigue, its a curse! trust me.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

for spurs fans in the US, the game is currently on CBS sports. On my cable (optimum/cablevision), its 215.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Great goal from Lamela to make it 2-1
Danny Blanchflower
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Its a Goal wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Changes for Spurs
Off - Mason, Walker, Worm, Rose, Eriksen(?)
On - Davies, Janssen, Winks, Trippier, Lloris
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

3-1 Alli
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane makes it 4
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Carroll comes on for Kane
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

5-1 Janssen
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:5-1 Janssen
They are playing Inter kids or what? What's our overall game like?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Shayon Harrison makes it 6-1
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:
toyin133 wrote:5-1 Janssen
They are playing Inter kids or what? What's our overall game like?
Game was quite close until 3-1 when Spurs went 4-4-2 with Kane and Janssen up top
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Marcus Edwards comes on for Man of the match Lamela
Danny Blanchflower