2016/2017: Spurs quietly going about building a winning team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2016/2017: Spurs quietly going about building a winning

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
toyin133 wrote:5-1 Janssen
They are playing Inter kids or what? What's our overall game like?
Game was quite close until 3-1 when Spurs went 4-4-2 with Kane and Janssen up top
it means we might go 442 for most of the season or away games
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

What's Kane n Janssen combo like?
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Luke Amos comes on for Dier who was another player with a very good game
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Lovely skill from Edwards on the edge of the inter half
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
toyin133 wrote:5-1 Janssen
They are playing Inter kids or what? What's our overall game like?
Game was quite close until 3-1 when Spurs went 4-4-2 with Kane and Janssen up top
it means we might go 442 for most of the season or away games
I think 4-4-2 might be plan b for those teams who park the bus
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:What's Kane n Janssen combo like?
The whole team combined very well with Kane in the no 10 position, Alli and Lamela interchanging
FT
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:
The whole team combined very well with Kane in the no 10 position, Alli and Lamela interchanging
FT
Did Errikson play and where will you fit Dembele/ Wanyama?
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Toby was immaculate as usual, Carter Vickers is still learning and had a few shaky moments earlier on and had to be bailed out by Toby and Dier. Both sets of full backs picked up from where they finished last season and the stability will do Spurs a lot of good. I wonder why Wimmer didn't play and whether Vertonghen will be fit to start the season?

Alli started quite slowly and every move seemed to die at his feet but he improved as the game went on.
Kane looked hungry and took his goals very well. He seems to have gotten over whatever happened during the Euros and will enjoy playing alongside Janssen who is an out and out no 9 and should hopefully score a few goals.
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
FT
Eriksen played the first half and was okay, I think Wanyama will deputise for Dier except for games where Poch feels he needs 2 DMs or to close out a game. I think Dembele is still first choice for the midfield position next to Dier but remember that he is suspended for the first 4 games.
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Jansessen's work rate was quite impressive. He covered every blade of the turf and was glad to see him on the score sheet. He is going to be a monster for defenders and will give Kane the room to get more goals than he did last season. If it works as intended we will have another Keane-Berbatov combo on our hands.

It was also refreshing seeing a lot of our youngsters on display but the one that will certainly light up the league will be Marcus-Edwards. A diminutive and trickery player he is going to make a few players regret trying to stop him :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
FT
Eriksen played the first half and was okay, I think Wanyama will deputise for Dier except for games where Poch feels he needs 2 DMs or to close out a game. I think Dembele is still first choice for the midfield position next to Dier but remember that he is suspended for the first 4 games.
Thanks. I hope we can pick up all 3 points at Goodison
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Goals
Spurs 6 - 1 Inter

5' Harry Kane 1-0

40' Erik Lamela 2-1

52' Dele Alli 3-1

56' Harry kane 4-1

65' Vincent Janssen 5-1

77' Shayon Harrison 6-1
Danny Blanchflower
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hopefulyy Spurs finish second in the league come May 2017
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good and bad results for my team. Inter is in trouble.

http://www.timesoccer.com/video/04/25-m ... ights.html
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Good win for Spurs despite its a pointless friendly, but we do need another central defender to be title challengers

Meanwhile, Grant Ward scored a hat-trick on his debut for Ipswich...
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kenmega wrote:Good win for Spurs despite its a pointless friendly, but we do need another central defender to be title challengers

Ward will be back in the EPL soon. Spurs cannot keep all the young potentials happy on the bench
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

kenmega wrote:Good win for Spurs despite its a pointless friendly, but we do need another central defender to be title challengers

Spurs have 3 class CDs in Alderwereld, Vertonghen and Wimmer as well as Dier who is comfortable in that position before we consider Carter-Vickers. Apart from the fact that Spurs do not need another CD, where do you think the club will find a decent CD who will be happy as 4th choice?
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: Good win for Spurs despite its a pointless friendly, but we do need another central defender to be title challengers

Ward will be back in the EPL soon. Spurs cannot keep all the young potentials happy on the bench
Was Ward sold or loaned out?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: Good win for Spurs despite its a pointless friendly, but we do need another central defender to be title challengers

Spurs have 3 class CDs in Alderwereld, Vertonghen and Wimmer as well as Dier who is comfortable in that position before we consider Carter-Vickers. Apart from the fact that Spurs do not need another CD, where do you think the club will find a decent CD who will be happy as 4th choice?
Carter-Vickers will come good. His development in the first team will be in the local cup competitions like the League and FA Cups. I can't wait to see Marcus-Edwards get unleashed :dream:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Clinton N'Jie has completed his medical to go to Marseille. This was 2 days ago. The N'Koudou deal is still on it is just a question of when as Marseille has a new President and board. They are looking over the deal to ensure they are getting optimal value from the transaction.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -side.html

Paul Mitchell is GONE!! WOW!! What happened?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -side.html

Probably something to do with the N'Koudou deal.

Interesting stat I just read------Toby Alderweirel +Dele Alli,+ Eric Dier, +Christian Eriksen + Hugo Lloris = John Stones
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
Cristao II wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -side.html

Probably something to do with the N'Koudou deal.

Interesting stat I just read------Toby Alderweirel +Dele Alli,+ Eric Dier, +Christian Eriksen + Hugo Lloris = John Stones
Let me make it worse - Toby Alderweireld +Dele Alli,+ Eric Dier, +Christian Eriksen + Hugo Lloris + Harry Kane + Ryan Mason = John Stones

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8