2016/2017: Spurs quietly going about building a winning team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg
Re: 2016/2017: Spurs quietly going about building a winning

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

No we didn't lose him to Liverpool, we felt he was not worth £25m and we pulled out of the running. If he is the guy that turned out for Newcastle last season, based on his staccato performances I am not sure his value has gone up by £11m which is what Newcastle was telling potential suitors.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

danfo driver wrote:You guys los Wijnaldum to Liverpool
No we didn't. Spurs was never going to pay 25m for him. Jenssen and Victor combined cost 28m. It was a non starter at that price so Spurs pulled out.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Spurs you guys are buying the right players,is summer shopping over?I hope you guys do well in EPL and CL.Hope Arsenal and spurs get better draw at the club group stage.Also Leicester I want them do well and for me city should not even make the group stage and head to Europa
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Just checking if our small brothers have sign more players...
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:Just checking if our small brothers have sign more players...
Not yet but expecting some french winger to come in but they want Clinton N'jie on loan. Now Lyon want him as well.

I think there might be some going out before more comes in after the french winger.

Transfer activity normally intensifies just before the window closes
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

pajimoh wrote:
Not yet but expecting some french winger to come in but they want Clinton N'jie on loan. Now Lyon want him as well.

I think there might be some going out before more comes in after the french winger.

our ashis trying to convince each other of who better pass who :tic:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:

The French winger no get name?How good is the Clinton that clubs fighting for him on loan?
He might be need if I was spurs coach.Keep more players and rotate in 4 competition.Go for the tittle no fear and worst top 4 is a good return.
Push to go far in CL,if knock out of CL to Europa just go for the Europa tittle.
You guys have some balance in that team
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

The French winger no get name?How good is the Clinton that clubs fighting for him on loan?
He might be need if I was spurs coach.Keep more players and rotate in 4 competition.Go for the tittle no fear and worst top 4 is a good return.
Push to go far in CL,if knock out of CL to Europa just go for the Europa tittle.
You guys have some balance in that team
Olympique Marseille attacker Georges-Kevin Nkoudou. Clinton did not have a fare crack at the league last season due to injuries. Spurs wanted this guy but Marseille are insisting on Clinton as a loan replacement. Lyon also want him back
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Some funny lots from Woolwich trying to get Clinton N'Jie :lol:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: Olympique Marseille attacker Georges-Kevin Nkoudou. Clinton did not have a fare crack at the league last season due to injuries. Spurs wanted this guy but Marseille are insisting on Clinton as a loan replacement. Lyon also want him back
Nkoudou has already passed a medical at Spurs just waiting for the fine details to be sorted. I hope this won't go the way of Moussa Dembele who also passed a medical in January but the deal never got completed.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: Olympique Marseille attacker Georges-Kevin Nkoudou. Clinton did not have a fare crack at the league last season due to injuries. Spurs wanted this guy but Marseille are insisting on Clinton as a loan replacement. Lyon also want him back
Nkoudou has already passed a medical at Spurs just waiting for the fine details to be sorted. I hope this won't go the way of Moussa Dembele who also passed a medical in January but the deal never got completed.
beg me or else I go call Conte to snatch am! :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Argentina quietly holding talks with Pochentino about the national job. Simeone on the hit-list too. Imagine General with such weaponry. Solid.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

paj wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
beg me or else I go call Conte to snatch am! :taunt:
cunte ko, pu$$y ni :sneaky:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

IaG some of us are gonna assume you're talking about the San Antonio Spurs. Those are the only Spurs that have been champions of anything in my lifetime.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]theYemster[/color] wrote: IaG some of us are gonna assume you're talking about the San Antonio Spurs. Those are the only Spurs that have been champions of anything in my lifetime.
Spurs won the Carling Cup in 2008. I believe you were born before 2008 :sneaky:.

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

LIke it or not , Spurs will challenge for the title again this season. Ponchetino is a brilliant coach with a talented squad at his disposal without major flaws or big departures this summer. Jansen and Wanyama will add solid depth.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

MoPo has told Bentaleb, Pritchard and Fazio they are surplus to requirement. Another shedding of the fat process taking place. That is the one thing I like about MoPo. He lets you know in no-uncertain terms if you are in his plans or not. Once cut there is no going back no matter how hard you try to make him change his mind. It is the kind of wake up call required to keep the rest of the players on their toes and fight for their place.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:MoPo has told Bentaleb, Pritchard and Fazio they are surplus to requirement. Another shedding of the fat process taking place. That is the one thing I like about MoPo. He lets you know in no-uncertain terms if you are in his plans or not. Once cut there is no going back no matter how hard you try to make him change his mind. It is the kind of wake up call required to keep the rest of the players on their toes and fight for their place.
Yet we are keeping Ryan Mason. I'd rather keep Bentaleb and Pritchard. I heard rumours MoPo wants Lisandro Lopez from Benfica as we do need another CB. I believe Benfica want Bentaleb for a season long loan. MoPo also linked with a striker from Championship club Aston Villa
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

jdizzy wrote:LIke it or not , Spurs will challenge for the title again this season. Ponchetino is a brilliant coach with a talented squad at his disposal without major flaws or big departures this summer. Jansen and Wanyama will add solid depth.
Hopefully they finish second in EPL and get to CL finals .
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

NOW WE CAN TALK!!! First all ..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Grant Ward signed for Ipswich Town...wish him all the best
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Transfer movement of the week for me - Idrissa Gueye to Everton. This guy outperformed Kante defensively in the French League. The problem at Villa was although he kept winning the ball back - the other players kept losing it. Expect a season of dominance in midfield from this guy. Koeman has gotten his bruiser in CM.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

We all know how it is going to end in the end! Even the fans cannot afford to hope!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho