2016/2017: Spurs quietly going about building a winning team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2016/2017: Spurs quietly going about building a winning

Post by pajimoh »

Waste of 30m. 3 years contract and he'll be 30. How much can you sell a 30 year old for? Panic buy, me think
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:Waste of 30m. 3 years contract and he'll be 30. How much can you sell a 30 year old for? Panic buy, me think
I give it 18 months, he'll fall out with Poch and Levy will sell him to Sunderland for half that
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Crazy deal for Sisseko. Unreal for Levy to blink first in a protracted negotiation.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I still expect Spurs to have spent less than most of the EPL teams when you consider incoming and outgoings
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Sissoko for £30 million - I can't believe Levy was outsmarted by Mike Ashley...very sad :(

5 year deal too
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Now that Spurs have signed Sissoko, I guess we have to love him.
I hope Poch can work his magic with him
Danny Blanchflower
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

toyin133 wrote:Now that Spurs have signed Sissoko, I guess we have to love him.
I hope Poch can work his magic with him
If Poch can manage and improve Sissoko's consistency in his style of play, his temperament, his concentration, his passing and his tackling skills and show up for 'minor' games then this guy will be a star...
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Una dey v3x, Juve signed a player who nack 29 for 75 milla....Leicester just signed a player we go soon turn 29 for 29 milla....omo just divide all epl purchase by 2...,crazy money
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I am now happy with the squad strength. Moussa will provide drive when needed and motivated. I also liked that we signed 3 'blacks' - Nkoudou, Sissoko and Wanyama. I was worried before.
Tottenham's bid for Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 26, was blocked after Old Trafford boss Jose Mourinho told the France international he was in his future plans
Is any Spurs fan surprised? It looks like this guy has personal beef with the club. How many players has he either blocked or directly intervened from joining Spurs whilst in the EPL.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

France international on the back of a decent showing at the Euros, just turned 27, no more than going rate. Had Spurs gone in before the Euros, would've paid low 20s, nevertheless, decent signing.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cristao II wrote:I am now happy with the squad strength. Moussa will provide drive when needed and motivated. I also liked that we signed 3 'blacks' - Nkoudou, Sissoko and Wanyama. I was worried before.
Tottenham's bid for Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 26, was blocked after Old Trafford boss Jose Mourinho told the France international he was in his future plans
Is any Spurs fan surprised? It looks like this guy has personal beef with the club. How many players has he either blocked or directly intervened from joining Spurs whilst in the EPL.
Not selling to RIVALS.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Coach wrote:France international on the back of a decent showing at the Euros, just turned 27, no more than going rate. Had Spurs gone in before the Euros, would've paid low 20s, nevertheless, decent signing.
Coach, I was wondering why Wenger never signed Sissoko even before he went to Newcastle?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Levy is a don!!
Tottenham equalled their transfer record to sign Moussa Sissoko after Mauricio Pochettino made it clear the Newcastle player was the man he really wanted.

Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Newcastle would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract.

Sissoko is now 27 and it is impossible to know whether he will still be a Spurs player in 2021.
But Tottenham insist they agreed to meet Newcastle’s asking price, allowing them to fend off interest from Everton.
For much of deadline day, Spurs were expecting to sign only two players: Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, the former Marseille winger who had been training with the club, and goalkeeper Pau Lopez, who has arrived on loan from Espanyol.

There was an initial bid of close to £16m for Sissoko but when that was rejected out of hand by Newcastle, it appeared there would be stalemate.

There seemed little chance of Newcastle reducing the asking price, nor of Spurs making a dramatically improved offer.

But Pochettino — who spoke of the need to add pacy, attacking players to his squad — coveted Sissoko, who played superbly at White Hart Lane last season, when Newcastle took a surprise 2-1 win.

With the manager’s endorsement, Tottenham acted swiftly when Everton’s bid for Sissoko was accepted late in the afternoon.

Sissoko had been given permission to leave the France squad to conclude the transfer, which matches the amount Spurs paid to buy Erik Lamela from Roma in 2013.

The player arrived in London as negotiations between Newcastle and interested clubs continued, so it was straightforward to undergo a Tottenham medical and finalise terms, believed to be close to £80,000 per week.

He may make his debut when Tottenham travel to Stoke on September 10.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cristao II wrote:Levy is a don!!
Tottenham equalled their transfer record to sign Moussa Sissoko after Mauricio Pochettino made it clear the Newcastle player was the man he really wanted.

Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Newcastle would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract.

Sissoko is now 27 and it is impossible to know whether he will still be a Spurs player in 2021.
But Tottenham insist they agreed to meet Newcastle’s asking price, allowing them to fend off interest from Everton.
For much of deadline day, Spurs were expecting to sign only two players: Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, the former Marseille winger who had been training with the club, and goalkeeper Pau Lopez, who has arrived on loan from Espanyol.

There was an initial bid of close to £16m for Sissoko but when that was rejected out of hand by Newcastle, it appeared there would be stalemate.

There seemed little chance of Newcastle reducing the asking price, nor of Spurs making a dramatically improved offer.

But Pochettino — who spoke of the need to add pacy, attacking players to his squad — coveted Sissoko, who played superbly at White Hart Lane last season, when Newcastle took a surprise 2-1 win.

With the manager’s endorsement, Tottenham acted swiftly when Everton’s bid for Sissoko was accepted late in the afternoon.

Sissoko had been given permission to leave the France squad to conclude the transfer, which matches the amount Spurs paid to buy Erik Lamela from Roma in 2013.

The player arrived in London as negotiations between Newcastle and interested clubs continued, so it was straightforward to undergo a Tottenham medical and finalise terms, believed to be close to £80,000 per week.

He may make his debut when Tottenham travel to Stoke on September 10.
ok, this was very smart
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I should have known Daniel, aka Don, Levy wouldn't do something so drastic :clap: :clap: :clap:. 6M over 5 years? Wow. The only way it could have gotten better is if he had switched it to 5M over 6 years :mrgreen:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:I should have known Daniel, aka Don, Levy wouldn't do something so drastic :clap: :clap: :clap:. 6M over 5 years? Wow. The only way it could have gotten better is if he had switched it to 5M over 6 years :mrgreen:.
6M per year o. That means if he only stays 2 years Newcastle will get 12m. Still a lot of money per season. If he's good enough to stay 5 years then he would have paid that amount in performance
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:I am now happy with the squad strength. Moussa will provide drive when needed and motivated. I also liked that we signed 3 'blacks' - Nkoudou, Sissoko and Wanyama. I was worried before.
Not selling to RIVALS.
I dong think that Is the case. Schneiderlin Is actually important to him. Kid arrived back from euros lacking fitness. Didnt play a single game. If he sells Schneiderlin who Is one of his best midfielders. He should go into season with Pogba, herrera, carrick and Fellini,? Just to make Spurs fans happy? :rotf: when things equalize, Schneiderlin will be a starter for United
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:France international on the back of a decent showing at the Euros, just turned 27, no more than going rate. Had Spurs gone in before the Euros, would've paid low 20s, nevertheless, decent signing.
No reaonable club will pay more than 10 m for Sissoko. He Is absolutely Not good enough and showed last year, How inconsistent and poor he Is. He Is like flamini. Played his life out at the euros in search of a contract. I expect normal service to resume now.

Levy would never ever have paid this, but the desperate everton made the bid, forcing Tottenham's hand
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I should have known Daniel, aka Don, Levy wouldn't do something so drastic :clap: :clap: :clap:. 6M over 5 years? Wow. The only way it could have gotten better is if he had switched it to 5M over 6 years :mrgreen:.
6M per year o. That means if he only stays 2 years Newcastle will get 12m. Still a lot of money per season. If he's good enough to stay 5 years then he would have paid that amount in performance
I tal am :rotf: :rotf: Levy is no dunce. Sissoko is worth 10m max . :clap:
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Levy knows best. I knew the staged payment proposal seemed legit. Ashley has been 'Levyed'. If Moussa Dembele can be a role model to Moussa Sissoko, then Spurs might have a chance this season.

BTW, Talksport's finest dummy Durham is slating us for not doing well in the transfer market. Screw him. He should be thanking us that we loan two of our own players to his useless club Peterborough United...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Not selling to RIVALS.
I dong think that Is the case. Schneiderlin Is actually important to him. Kid arrived back from euros lacking fitness. Didnt play a single game. If he sells Schneiderlin who Is one of his best midfielders. He should go into season with Pogba, herrera, carrick and Fellini,? Just to make Spurs fans happy? :rotf: when things equalize, Schneiderlin will be a starter for United
Where did you see Spurs finish this season in the league and CL?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Not selling to RIVALS.
Where did you see Spurs finish this season in the league and CL?
I will be able to give a strong assessment by November (League).

But the crux of the matter is that Spurs is cursed. And in the CL you need a lot of luck. Tottenham is NOT a club that has a good relationship with luck.