How Old is Amunike?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

peron33uk
Egg
Egg
How Old is Amunike?

Post by peron33uk »

I was watching BEN, they were showing the replay of the Nigeria v Zambia match in ANC 94, I could swear that the commentator said that amunike was 20 years of age then. That means that he should be turning 30 now, How come Nigerian players retire before the retirement age. They dont even get to 31 or 30 sef.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
BIG JAY
Egg
Egg

Post by BIG JAY »

the bobo got injured man! Aight??
"pepper wey no pepper...., na Egusi"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well thats if you believe the official age-amunike is about 39
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

some of you guys disgust me with these silly age rumours. Amuneke isn't playing at the top level because of a career-ending knee injury. His mates in the eagles like oliseh, west, okocha,finidi are still playing and playing well
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

omonoba wrote:some of you guys disgust me with these silly age rumours. Amuneke isn't playing at the top level because of a career-ending knee injury. His mates in the eagles like oliseh, west, okocha,finidi are still playing and playing well
well said, Omonoba.
who no know go know.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Apparently, Amuneke used to play in Ajegunle. The Ajegunle people would know.
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

The nasty knee injury he copped whilst at Sporting eventually ended his career.

LA Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

How old is De-la Pena, cause I can't remember hearing anything about him for some time now. Maybe its because he is actually 38 but claimed to be younger?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
okjazz
Egg
Egg

Post by okjazz »

Nearly everyone from that Atlanta 96 squad which was supposedly U-23 was finished by year 2000.
Go figure
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

OKJAZZ another load of rubbish.
Babayaro, Okocha, Oliseh, taribo, kanu from the atlanta squad are all going strong at the top level of football.
Amuneke and Amokachi's injury problems are well documented. The goalkeeper was also injured in a car crash
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

okjazz Amunike was one of the overaged players during hte atlantic 96 triumph. As previously stated his career was finished by injury as was Amokachi's
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

oruma, okocha, kanu, Ikpeba, west. babayaro, lawal are still plating top flight football.

Agreed Okechukwu, amokachie and amunike are done but they were alll overaged players.

Dosu got injured and fatusi, oparaku, obafemi and obiekwu weren't of good enough quality to go far anyway

Apart from Oliseh -who's still playing bundesliga football by the way- i don't think any of the dream team players where ineligible to play in that competition. They are the best group of footballers nigeria has ever produced.