Pogba is overrated

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Pogba is overrated

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Why man utd pay that much for the guy I won't understand
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pogba is overrated

Post by kajifu »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Why man utd pay that much for the guy I won't understand
Where is the link that Manu sign him?
Also how much they pay for him?
Thanks
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Because they're Man United, a wounded Man United, with a little less pink hair, thick a*s, give 'em whiplash...In days of old, United came in and that was that, the player threw his toys out of the pram and forced the move. Consecutive sh*t seasons, not a single world class outfield player prior to this summer, managerial revolving doors, no Champions league football, United are having to pay to be heard!

100 squilla for Paul Pogba? Never in a month of Sundays. Do they need Pogba to be a genuine title threat? No. Even a cheap Momo Sissoko added to Schneiderlein or whichever d*cksplash is holding, would solidify their midfield for a fraction of the price. This is more a case of Ron Jeremy slamming himself into a wanton snatchbox whilst singing along to Big Sean's IDFWY, trying to prove he's still got it. Soooooooooo, unnecessary!
Zao
Egg
Egg

Post by Zao »

kajifu wrote:
Thanks
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/football/ ... index.html
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Zao wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Thanks
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/football/ ... index.html
Does it say they signed him or they want to sign him
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I buy Maserati, bring am come house. My wife and children dey dance jaskelebe dey praise me! My neighbor and im ueless children stand for fence they complain:

"Look at the overrated car! Can he even drive it in the snow? Maintenance will be too expensive! Insurance nko? Where is he going to park it!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Every time I come out to throw garbage in the trash, you are there! Your wife is there! Your children are there! looking into my yard! muttering questions! what is he throwing away? Why do they have 2 dogs? I saw his daughter with new shoe! What is that thing near their kitchen! GETAWAY!! GETAWAY, I SAID! Oloshi! Go and wash your father's kabu kabu and allow me and my family to worry about how we are going to drive our maserati in the snow and how I am going to maintain it! Why are you worried about my maserati?? Getaway, I said! Maybe if you worried more about your own life, you'd be able to afford a maserati rather than climbing over the fence???! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

He definitely is enjoying keeping all in suspense. But it is pretty obvious what his trolling is showing.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

rasak74 wrote:Image
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

At least I am not alone.
I still do not see whats special in him but for those who disagree with me just take it that I am only yarning opaks. :D
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:I buy Maserati, bring am come house. My wife and children dey dance jaskelebe dey praise me! My neighbor and im ueless children stand for fence they complain:

"Look at the overrated car! Can he even drive it in the snow? Maintenance will be too expensive! Insurance nko? Where is he going to park it!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Every time I come out to throw garbage in the trash, you are there! Your wife is there! Your children are there! looking into my yard! muttering questions! what is he throwing away? Why do they have 2 dogs? I saw his daughter with new shoe! What is that thing near their kitchen! GETAWAY!! GETAWAY, I SAID! Oloshi! Go and wash your father's kabu kabu and allow me and my family to worry about how we are going to drive our maserati in the snow and how I am going to maintain it! Why are you worried about my maserati?? Getaway, I said! Maybe if you worried more about your own life, you'd be able to afford a maserati rather than climbing over the fence???! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Okokoborinko, any player Borinho buys is a Maserati. Nope, he is paying Maserati money for a danfo.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

By Tony Evans
ESPN:
1 day ago
Pogba perfect for the Premier League, where power and pace trump quality

If (and it's looking more like when) Paul Pogba eventually arrives at Manchester United for a world-record transfer fee, it will reaffirm the Premier League's status as the wealthiest, most glamorous division in football. The appetite to watch the English game is massive and the television money generated by global audiences gives even the league's bottom dwellers more financial firepower than all but a handful of foreign clubs.

Yet for all the money -- and the talent it buys -- there are serious questions about the quality of the English game.

Pogba provides a perfect example. The 23-year-old is a driving, attacking midfielder with good feet. He exudes power and plays at the harum-scarum pace of the Premier League.

The Frenchman lacks some of the subtlety that a £100 million-plus fee should bring. He is still young, but he shows few signs of game intelligence of the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo or Luis Suarez. That would not be a drawback in England.

There is too much emphasis on physicality in the Premier League. Doers, not thinkers, thrive. If you're young and can run and run, you'll fit in nicely. Pogba, with his bursts of explosiveness, would be an instant star. The flaws in his technique would matter less at Old Trafford than they would at the Bernabeu or the Camp Nou.

Strength and energy make for a compelling spectacle. The frantic nature of Premier League games give them an element of unpredictability. The downside is that the English game sometimes lacks pattern and coherence. It shows in the Champions League, where the Premier League's best sides have struggled since Chelsea won the competition in 2012, especially when the opposition take the pace out of the game.

Rafa Benitez once said that tactics barely matter in England. "Compete for the first ball, win the second ball," was the Spaniard's dismissive view of English strategy. He might have exaggerated for effect, but there is a germ of truth in the assertion.

Sam Allardyce, the new England manager, is one of the men responsible. At the turn of the millennium the then Bolton Wanderers manager and the rest of the Premier League were confronted by a new phenomenon: an Arsenal side that played with breathless precision passing, but who were also physically stronger and faster than their rivals.

Using the early versions of analytics programmes, Allardyce worked out a way of slowing down Arsene Wenger's side. By matching their pace and power, it was possible to narrow the gap with the London side. Skill was not necessary to the plan. Instead of following Wenger's magnificent template where technique was the top item on his checklist, the English game went down a blind alley from which it has not completely emerged.

It is ironic that Allardyce, the man who did so much to determine the direction of Premier League football, now has to pick up the pieces at international level after England's disastrous Euro 2016 campaign. Neither Roy Hodgson nor his highly rated Premier League superstars where able to adapt their style to the demands of the opposition. They resorted to bombing the ball forward as they ran out of ideas.

The English domestic game has plenty of money, ability and thrills but does not put a premium on thinking players. On the pitch there is little time for contemplation. Against the better teams in European club competition this paucity of ideas exposes weaknesses. Liverpool blew away Borussia Dortmund and Villarreal when they created a whirlwind tempo at Anfield in the Europa League, but against a canny Sevilla side in the final they were unable to impose their cadence on the game.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid are at their best when they control the rhythm of a match. Premier League teams thrive when things become discordant and unpredictable.

Pogba should be a comfortable fit in England. He imposes himself on matches like a squall rather than controlling situations. He is unpredictable and tough to mark. England, rather than Italy, is the place he is likelier to find superstar status.

He would add to the excitement. But would he improve the standards of the Premier League or make Manchester United Champions League contenders? Probably not.

The Premier League is some way from producing the best football even when it is packed full of the most expensive players in the game.

http://www.espnfc.com/english-premier-l ... ty-of-play
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I buy Maserati, bring am come house. My wife and children dey dance jaskelebe dey praise me! My neighbor and im ueless children stand for fence they complain:

Okokoborinko, any player Borinho buys is a Maserati. Nope, he is paying Maserati money for a danfo.

blah blah blah blah .... wah wah wah wah! See how this place just dey smell. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote: blah blah blah blah .... wah wah wah wah! See how this place just dey smell. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Very smelly, time for your licking duties.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
By Tony Evans
ESPN:
1 day ago
Pogba perfect for the Premier League, where power and pace trump quality

If (and it's looking more like when) Paul Pogba eventually arrives at Manchester United for a world-record transfer fee, it will reaffirm the Premier League's status as the wealthiest, most glamorous division in football. The appetite to watch the English game is massive and the television money generated by global audiences gives even the league's bottom dwellers more financial firepower than all but a handful of foreign clubs.

Yet for all the money -- and the talent it buys -- there are serious questions about the quality of the English game.

Pogba provides a perfect example. The 23-year-old is a driving, attacking midfielder with good feet. He exudes power and plays at the harum-scarum pace of the Premier League.

The Frenchman lacks some of the subtlety that a £100 million-plus fee should bring. He is still young, but he shows few signs of game intelligence of the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo or Luis Suarez. That would not be a drawback in England.

There is too much emphasis on physicality in the Premier League. Doers, not thinkers, thrive. If you're young and can run and run, you'll fit in nicely. Pogba, with his bursts of explosiveness, would be an instant star. The flaws in his technique would matter less at Old Trafford than they would at the Bernabeu or the Camp Nou.

Strength and energy make for a compelling spectacle. The frantic nature of Premier League games give them an element of unpredictability. The downside is that the English game sometimes lacks pattern and coherence. It shows in the Champions League, where the Premier League's best sides have struggled since Chelsea won the competition in 2012, especially when the opposition take the pace out of the game.

Rafa Benitez once said that tactics barely matter in England. "Compete for the first ball, win the second ball," was the Spaniard's dismissive view of English strategy. He might have exaggerated for effect, but there is a germ of truth in the assertion.

Sam Allardyce, the new England manager, is one of the men responsible. At the turn of the millennium the then Bolton Wanderers manager and the rest of the Premier League were confronted by a new phenomenon: an Arsenal side that played with breathless precision passing, but who were also physically stronger and faster than their rivals.

Using the early versions of analytics programmes, Allardyce worked out a way of slowing down Arsene Wenger's side. By matching their pace and power, it was possible to narrow the gap with the London side. Skill was not necessary to the plan. Instead of following Wenger's magnificent template where technique was the top item on his checklist, the English game went down a blind alley from which it has not completely emerged.

It is ironic that Allardyce, the man who did so much to determine the direction of Premier League football, now has to pick up the pieces at international level after England's disastrous Euro 2016 campaign. Neither Roy Hodgson nor his highly rated Premier League superstars where able to adapt their style to the demands of the opposition. They resorted to bombing the ball forward as they ran out of ideas.

The English domestic game has plenty of money, ability and thrills but does not put a premium on thinking players. On the pitch there is little time for contemplation. Against the better teams in European club competition this paucity of ideas exposes weaknesses. Liverpool blew away Borussia Dortmund and Villarreal when they created a whirlwind tempo at Anfield in the Europa League, but against a canny Sevilla side in the final they were unable to impose their cadence on the game.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid are at their best when they control the rhythm of a match. Premier League teams thrive when things become discordant and unpredictable.

Pogba should be a comfortable fit in England. He imposes himself on matches like a squall rather than controlling situations. He is unpredictable and tough to mark. England, rather than Italy, is the place he is likelier to find superstar status.

He would add to the excitement. But would he improve the standards of the Premier League or make Manchester United Champions League contenders? Probably not.

The Premier League is some way from producing the best football even when it is packed full of the most expensive players in the game.

http://www.espnfc.com/english-premier-l ... ty-of-play

You read nonsense like this and you truly feel sorry for black people. A tall black man is immediately considered a "young buck." They describe him as "strong," "fast" "not as intelligent" "physical." What should bother us more is the fellow blacks who allow such stereotypes to perpetuate. he does not only use pace, and his power like a young buck! A black man can also think, he can use his technique and like Pogba has done all is career, his passing range.

That a black man will post this article in agreement is proof that "fiddler" massa massa, yes massa, is still well and truly alive. What a disgraceful and repugnant article. And I shame the writer and his applauders! A black man does not only run,

Someone earlier compared Pogba to Sissoko and I just couldnt stop laughing. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: How anyone has even watched Pogba once and say Pogba is fast, or pogba runs and runs is beyond me! :rotf: :rotf: THe person even could not understand why Pogba should be considered similar to Kroos. I mean, Kroos, the white man has to be "intelligent" "technical "passer" "quick thinker" "controller"... what astounds me is that anyone who has watched Pogba at all, does not realize that these last qualities are actually Pogba's qualities! And this is why Pogba has THE MOST ASSISTS IN THE LEAGUE! I refuse post videos or matches of Pogba. it is the duty of the less educated to educate themselves.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote: blah blah blah blah .... wah wah wah wah! See how this place just dey smell. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Very smelly, time for your licking duties.

That picture cannot be real :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: WTH!!! the man no wear pant commot house? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:

You read nonsense like this and you truly feel sorry for black people. A tall black man is immediately considered a "young buck." They describe him as "strong," "fast" "not as intelligent" "physical." What should bother us more is the fellow blacks who allow such stereotypes to perpetuate. he does not only use pace, and his power like a young buck! A black man can also think, he can use his technique and like Pogba has done all is career, his passing range.

That a black man will post this article in agreement is proof that "fiddler" massa massa, yes massa, is still well and truly alive. What a disgraceful and repugnant article. And I shame the writer and his applauders! A black man does not only run,

Someone earlier compared Pogba to Sissoko and I just couldnt stop laughing. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: How anyone has even watched Pogba once and say Pogba is fast, or pogba runs and runs is beyond me! :rotf: :rotf: THe person even could not understand why Pogba should be considered similar to Kroos. I mean, Kroos, the white man has to be "intelligent" "technical "passer" "quick thinker" "controller"... what astounds me is that anyone who has watched Pogba at all, does not realize that these last qualities are actually Pogba's qualities! And this is why Pogba has THE MOST ASSISTS IN THE LEAGUE! I refuse post videos or matches of Pogba. it is the duty of the less educated to educate themselves.
Okokoborinko, did you read the article or do you prefer to drink Borinho's spit?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:

That picture cannot be real :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: WTH!!! the man no wear pant commot house? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You should know. You are the guy in charge of washing Borinho's dirty drawers with our toothbrush.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Okokoborinko, did you read the article or do you prefer to drink Borinho's spit?
I read the repugnant article and I was ashamed that a black man like yourself will post such a demeaning article. It is a shame! The writer should spend more time watching Pogba and many other technically gifted and intelligent BLACK footballers, rather than spewing stereotypes. Sad sad shame that a black man, like yourself, has allowed himself to be used in promoting such nonsense. Sad sad sad!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You should know. You are the guy in charge of washing Borinho's dirty drawers with our toothbrush.
Me and you no dey share toothbrush, abeg! God forbid! If you share toothbrush with people, me, I dont. :scared: :oops: :oops: :oops: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Danfo, on the contrary, no one compared Pogba and Sissoko, rather the need for Pogba and what could be gotten from Sissoko. As for the ESPN article, bog standard white man's world responding to the threat of a black man daring to be the most expensive player in the world. Ask Bale to do a fraction of what Ronaldinho did, yet they keep insisting up his value for money.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:@Danfo, on the contrary, no one compared Pogba and Sissoko, rather the need for Pogba and what could be gotten from Sissoko.
Even if that was the gentleman's motive, then thats even just as laughable.

1. Can Sissoko control games?
2 Does Sissoko have suprior passing range?
3. Can Sissoko read the game in the manner necessary for deep lying playmaker?
4 Can Sissoko provide the most assist in a league?

On the club side:

1. Can Sissoko bring in the amount of money in image rights Pogba is going to pull in?
2. Can Sissoko lead a team to win a league title, rather than relegaton?

I am sorry, but Sissoko cannot give them what Pogba can give them.

As for the ESPN article, bog standard white man's world responding to the threat of a black man daring to be the most expensive player in the world. Ask Bale to do a fraction of what Ronaldinho did, yet they keep insisting up his value for money.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I also sense that the problem here is that Pogba is a young black man about to break the record and become the most expensive player and it doesn't sit well with many people, and I'm starting to go with @Coach & @danfo's reasoning.