Mali 3 vs Kenya 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Mali 3 vs Kenya 1

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Live: Kenya v Mali
All the action from the African Cup of Nations match between Kenya and Mali.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major goalflashes and incidents will appear here (all times GMT)

1300: Kenya kick-off the match.

Kenya: 1-Francis Onyiso; 2-Japtheth Waweru, 3-Issa Kassim, 4-Musa Otieno, 5-Tom Juma; 7-Titus Mulama, 8-Adam Shaban, 10-John Muiruri, 17-Robert Mambo; 9-Mike Okoth, 18-Dennis Oliech

Mali: 1-Mahamadou Sidibe; 2-Souleymane Diamoutene, 3-Fousseiny Diawara, 4-Adama Coulibaly, 5-Brahim Thiam, 17-Sammy Traore; 6-Mahamadou Diarra, 10-Soumaila Coulibaly, 12-Seydou Keita, 18-Mohamed Lamine Sissoko; 19-Frederic Kanoute

Referee: Tessema Hailemelak (Ethopia)
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1304: Soumaila Coulibaly's header drifts fractionally wide of Kenya's left-hand post.

1300: Kenya kick-off the match.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1311: Kenya's Dennis Oliech jinks past a couple of defnders in the penalty area, but sees his shot-cum-cross kicked into touch.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1319: Kanoute has a straight-forward finish from 16-yards out but it is somehow palmed away by Kenya keeper Francis Onyiso.

1312: Mahamadou Sidibe rushes 30-yards out of his goal to clear an potential attack.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Ayo, pls keep it coming...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

1321: Oliech goes on another jinking run inside the penalty area but the Kenya striker fails to apply the finish.

1319: Kanoute has a straight-forward finish from 16-yards out but it is somehow palmed away by Kenya keeper Francis Onyiso.

1312: Mahamadou Sidibe rushes 30-yards out of his goal to clear an potential attack.

1311: Kenya's Dennis Oliech jinks past a couple of defnders in the penalty area, but sees his shot-cum-cross kicked into touch.

1304: Soumaila Coulibaly's header drifts fractionally wide of Kenya's left-hand post.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

1321: Oliech goes on another jinking run inside the penalty area but the Kenya striker fails to apply the finish.

Last edited by VINDAVE on Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omoga
Egg
Egg

Post by Omoga »

Sissoko scores mali 1-0
Immortal Technique will destroy your religion you stupid *Nice Lady*/ You're faker than blue-eyed crackers nailed to a crucifix/
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

1327: GOAL Kenya 0-1 Mali.
A disaster in the Kenya defence lets Mohamed Lamine Sissoko in who finishes with a low side-foot shot from 18-yards out.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Aight
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

1332: Kanoute latches on to a good pass from Seydou Keita but fails to dink his shot past on-rushing keeper Onyiso.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Keep it coming. Mali seem to be on top
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I just saw the first 35 mins b4 heading to work. Mali is overrated!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

YUJAM wrote:I just saw the first 35 mins b4 heading to work. Mali is overrated!
Werent you one of the ones hyping them up a few weeks ago?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I dont think so. Did you see my review where I stated that their defense is vulnerable?

Mali does not play as a team and if their defense is as open as it is today, theny they will have many problems against tougher opposition!
Werent you one of the ones hyping them up a few weeks ago?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

1337: Kenya's Musa Otieno manages to get a block on Mahamadou Diarra's shot.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

1345: Referee Tessema Hailemelak blows for half-time.

1340: Kenya's Mike Okoth fails to find a good cross after good work on the right.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Can anyone watching the game give a half time summary?
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

YUJAM wrote:I just saw the first 35 mins b4 heading to work. Mali is overrated!
don't worry mali ,camerroon, nigeria and senegal will make the final four again. I had a vision.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I watched 35 mins of the game b4 leaving for work.

The goal for Mali resulted from a mix-up in the Kenyan defense allowing Sissokho of Valencia to steal the ball and score.

Overall, Mali have dominated with Kanoute trying to take on Kenyan defense all alone quite frequently. However, the Kenyan attackers have stretched the Malian defense on several occasions.

Mali looks to be a bit overrated. They are not very good collectively and too often play as individuals rather than a team.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Mali might not make it past the first round!
don't worry mali ,camerroon, nigeria and senegal will make the final four again. I had a vision.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Dodo: The kenyans are very well placed tactically. Their coach is very astute. Their midfield is working quite well and they are managing to give a few dangerous through balls. It is clear that the Mali players are individually better and more experienced, but their defence is very weak and they are not so mobile. Kenya are doing a good pressing job. THeir defence is suspect too at times but on the whole they are playing to the top of their abilities.

The goal was an atrocious mixup between two defenders allowing Sissoko to race through on his own. Both goalkeepers have been in good form till now. Outstanding players in the first half were Mali's goalkeeper Sidibe (with a couple of good sorties) and Kenya's central anchorman Tom Juma
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Mali have been doing a lot iof the work and pushing Kenya back. But they have had a time of it getting real clearcut chances. Their only goal was the result of a horrendous defensive mix-up among three Kenyan defenders.

Interestingly, the East Africans have had what look like the better chances. If only Kanoute was on the other side . . .

The Malian defence is a joke. They are getting exposed from a lack of understanding and keep getting caught for pace. Someone needs to read the game and organise, organise, organise at the back.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE