MY FINAL ANALYSIS OF MIKELS LEADERSHIP AT THESE RIO OLYMPIAD

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SOLOWE, YOUR ANALYSIS IS ON THE MONEY
17%
SOLOWE, YOU ARE WAY OFF BASE
83%
I LOVE MIKEL, I CANT BRING MYSELF TO VOTE AGAINST HIM
No votes

Total votes: 12

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

THESE ARE THE 6 IDENTIFIED CRITICAL QUALITIES OF THE WORLDS BEST CAPTAINS

THE BEST CAPTAINS ARE THE HARDEST WORKERS: Mikels raw score 26 of 60
THE BEST CAPTAINS ENCOURAGE THEIR TEAMMATES: Mikels raw score 14 of 60
THE BEST CAPTAINS ARE HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY: Mikels raw score 25 of 60
THE BEST CAPTAINS RESPECT OTHERS: Mikels raw score 21 of 60
THE BEST CAPTAINS CARE PASSIONATELY: Mikels raw score 23 of 60
THE BEST CAPTAINS ARE RELENTLESSLY COMPETITIVE AND COMPELLED TO WIN: Mikels raw score 23 of 60

CONCLUSIONS:
He scored a total of 132 points out of possible maximum 360 Points.

That is a final score of 36.67%

COMMENT:
Obviously, this is not a good score for Mikel or any leader. 36.67 % is just below the pale.

If we are to delve into the raw numbers you will see that the number one place Mikel failed is his inability to encourage his team mates. Communication is the cornerstone of leadership in any sphere of human life and Mikel failed in nearly every single game to verbally communicate instructions, decisions or emotions to any of his charges.

The place he scored the highest was his work rate (score of 26). Again, his score here was still below an acceptable threshold. His score was below par in every leadership category.

Take Siasia for instance, he went through all that hell to get his team to Atlanta, hadn’t been paid for months and lost critical players at the heart of the championship. Did he quit like Oliseh ? Did he fail to motivate his team? Did he do his job. You bet he did !!!
Siasia was on the sideline carrying the emotions of his team, yelling instructions at them when they faltered, and celebrating all their success passionately right in front of the world cameras. His team trusted him, they respected him and he was passionate and wanted to win so badly. There was no doubt who was in charge on the sidelines. That’s a leader with the right attributes. Mikel can learn a lot of Siasia.

To me it seem we as a community fail to understand the true qualities that people have to have to make them good or even great leaders. We focus on attributes and qualities that contribute very little to their abilities to lead and forget to ask the hard questions. We need to stop admiring and considering secondary attributes like their humility, their quietness, their shyness, joking around, or Spartan lifestyles to pick leaders. We need to concentrate on what’s at the heart of leadership: Effective communication, track record of success in leadership, skill, passion, hard work, relentless pursuit of sucess, etc.

PLAYER RATINGS
Mikel: Very good playing performance
Etebo : Deserves eagles look-in
Umar: Definitely one for the near future
Ezekiel: My MVP
Azubike: Deserves eagles Look-in
Troost: I am not as enamored with him as some people are here

The rest are Taribos “junks”.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL NIGERIANS FOR OUR GOLDEN BRONZE.

The criteria used were based on the Janssen’s sports leadership index. If you need additional information check out : http://www.janssensportsleadership.com/ ... -captains/
rasak74
Egg
Egg
Re: MY FINAL ANALYSIS OF MIKELS LEADERSHIP AT THESE RIO OLYM

Post by rasak74 »

In 2016, John Obi Mikel’s net worth was estimated to be $25 Million.
In 2016, Solowe’s net worth was estimated to be :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

rasak74 wrote:In 2016, John Obi Mikel’s net worth was estimated to be $25 Million.
In 2016, Solowe’s net worth was estimated to be :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

rasak74 wrote:In 2016, John Obi Mikel’s net worth was estimated to be $25 Million.
This is exactly whats wrong with our people.. I am talking about apples, you want to confuse people by talking about oranges. What does his net worth have to do with the topic at hand..

If you are not smart enough to look at the information objectively, you dont need to contribute to this thread.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

metalalloy wrote:

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

Solowe wrote:
This is exactly whats wrong with our people.. I am talking about apples, you want to confuse people by talking about oranges. What does his net worth have to do with the topic at hand..

If you are not smart enough to look at the information objectively, you dont need to contribute to this thread.
:rotf: :rotf: :atc: :atc: :atc: :atc: :atc: :atc: What a joke
Internet gangster
Troll
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Solowe wrote:

It is extremely questionable whether you're remotely competent to even talk about apples :idea: :!:

Cheers.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

rasak74 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: that's some funny sh1t
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Solowe wrote:

It is extremely questionable whether you're remotely competent to even talk about apples :idea: :!:
Cheers.
I think I am Tony, considering a spent a good part of my life studying the subject and being a successful leader in real life.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Solowe wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Solowe wrote:

Cheers.
I think I am Tony, considering a spent a good part of my life studying the subject and being a successful leader in real life.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Sure
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Solowe, the main aspect of leadership is how most people, not a few, view you. In Mikel's case the vast majority, fans, journalists, players, coaches etc, view him as not only the leader but in this case perfomed his leadership duties on and off the pitch during the Olympics with distinction.
So you who was nowhere near the scheme of things but just sat behind your computer and made a judgement without being there, interviewing people that where actually there, doing the necessary research etc and you call that objective. Based on what? Sentiments from afar? Or is it that you are more intelligent than the rest of us. Please let us know.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

Adisboy wrote:Solowe, the main aspect of leadership is how most people, not a few, view you. In Mikel's case the vast majority, fans, journalists, players, coaches etc, view him as not only the leader but in this case perfomed his leadership duties on and off the pitch during the Olympics with distinction.
So you who was nowhere near the scheme of things but just sat behind your computer and made a judgement without being there, interviewing people that where actually there, doing the necessary research etc and you call that objective. Based on what? Sentiments from afar? Or is it that you are more intelligent than the rest of us. Please let us know.
U get time sha
Internet gangster
Troll
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Adisboy wrote:Solowe, the main aspect of leadership is how most people, not a few, view you. In Mikel's case the vast majority, fans, journalists, players, coaches etc, view him as not only the leader but in this case perfomed his leadership duties on and off the pitch during the Olympics with distinction.
Adisboy,

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution.

I left a link at the bottom of the write-up I wrote so that people can go read and see serious studies done on the issue of Leadership in sports. The criteria they laid down is an objective one that fits into every sports category in every society. These people are the experts on the subject not the fans, journalist or players.

These star struck fans and Journalist are not going to objectively measure mikel. Heck they are they same ones making up all sorts of fantasy and myth about Mikel shouldering the teams financial obligations even after Mikel came out publicly to refute these claims. Seriously, what are the chances that Mikel is a different person behind the scenes from the one we see on the field.

These people you mention already have a love affair with Mikel as a players and they not going to point out his failings. Mikel can do no wrong in their eyes. I like Mikel as player, even though I dont think he became the player we all hoped he would become and he is simply not captain material. If he had won gold and every game at the olympics, then maybe then you can rubbish the criteria used. But he didnt win gold..did he ?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Solowe wrote:
Adisboy,

I left a link at the bottom of the write-up I wrote so that people can go read and see serious studies done on the issue of Leadership in sports. The criteria they laid down is an objective one that fits into every sports category in every society. These people are the experts on the subject not the fans, journalist or players.

These star struck fans and Journalist are not going to objectively measure mikel. Heck they are they same ones making up all sorts of fantasy and myth about Mikel shouldering the teams financial obligations even after Mikel came out publicly to refute these claims. Seriously, what are the chances that Mikel is a different person behind the scenes from the one we see on the field.

These people you mention already have a love affair with Mikel as a players and they not going to point out his failings. Mikel can do no wrong in their eyes. I like Mikel as player, even though I dont think he became the player we all hoped he would become and he is simply not captain material. If he had won gold and every game at the olympics, then maybe then you can rubbish the criteria used. But he didnt win gold..did he ?
Solowe,

Have you read his Coach's interview? If not, I implore you to go read the full interview Siasia gave Vanguard. You are judging his leadership skills from behind your monitor. I don't insult ppl on this forum but you are really pushing it....
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ugbowo wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Adisboy,

Solowe,

Have you read his Coach's interview? If not, I implore you to go read the full interview Siasia gave Vanguard. You are judging his leadership skills from behind your monitor. I don't insult ppl on this forum but you are really pushing it....
Ugbowo,

I try not to insult people either, especially when their opinions are different from mine...and this is inspite of the fact that the usual suspect have gathered here on this tread to call me names.

Post the siasia link....I would like to read it.

However i must say you dont seem to have a problem with all the people (Fans, journalist) praising his leadership even though they too saw it from "behind the monitor"
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

I was disenfranchised in the poll.

There was no option for "Solowe's head no dey house"
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

OK solowe we have your opinion, but it is not as definitive as you like to make it.
Leadership can be about style, and no one style defines it. You also have to observe how that leadership is applied.
Since we are talking football, how about captains Beckham and Maradona? Both had high profiles with regards their
game. Beckham had a lot of off-the-field qualities while Maradona was egotistic and was a confirmed druggie. Clean
Beckham won nothing for country while Maradona took the WC to Argentina. Now, how do you go around claiming
definite knowledge about leadership.
Mikel, just like many leaders in sports and politics may not be loud and flamboyant but he is the leader of the SE
whether you like him or not. You might not be a fan of his style, and that is merely subjective. Now try again.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

joao wrote:OK solowe we have your opinion, but it is not as definitive as you like to make it.
Leadership can be about style, and no one style defines it. You also have to observe how that leadership is applied.
Since we are talking football, how about captains Beckham and Maradona? Both had high profiles with regards their
game. Beckham had a lot of off-the-field qualities while Maradona was egotistic and was a confirmed druggie. Clean
Beckham won nothing for country while Maradona took the WC to Argentina. Now, how do you go around claiming
definite knowledge about leadership.
Mikel, just like many leaders in sports and politics may not be loud and flamboyant but he is the leader of the SE
whether you like him or not. You might not be a fan of his style, and that is merely subjective. Now try again.
Try applying these 6 Criteria to Measuring Beckham VS Maradona ...and you will see who comes out on top....

THE BEST CAPTAINS ARE THE HARDEST WORKERS:
THE BEST CAPTAINS ENCOURAGE THEIR TEAMMATES:
THE BEST CAPTAINS ARE HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY:
THE BEST CAPTAINS RESPECT OTHERS:
THE BEST CAPTAINS CARE PASSIONATELY:
THE BEST CAPTAINS ARE RELENTLESSLY COMPETITIVE AND COMPELLED TO WIN:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

“On and off the field, Jay Jay was the captain you looked for,” Allardyce said. “In a multi-national side from all over the world, he could speak four different languages and communicate very well with some of the players who couldn't speak quite as good English.

He sorted the odd scuffle out in the dressing room, talked to the players about how we had to go out and win. He'd take the manager's instructions and apply them in the right way.

Then there was outstanding ability on the field, leading by example and showing everybody he wasn't a mercenary which was suggested in the beginning, that he'd only come for the money.”
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Solowe wrote:THESE ARE THE 6 IDENTIFIED CRITICAL QUALITIES OF THE WORLDS BEST CAPTAINS

THE BEST CAPTAINS ARE RELENTLESSLY COMPETITIVE AND COMPELLED TO WIN: Mikels raw score 23 of 60

CONCLUSIONS:

How did you score these points without any behind the scenes knowledge ?
Also, understand the idea of who the best captain is must be relative to the culture of a society and the psychic makeup of the team. Not gonna debate the veracity of the Janssen article but I'm quite sure it is not based on the research conducted on Nigerians. Without Mikel, it is possible Nigeria does not even play a game in the Olympics, looking at the financial shenanigans that was reported.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

lagos777 wrote:
Solowe wrote:THESE ARE THE 6 IDENTIFIED CRITICAL QUALITIES OF THE WORLDS BEST CAPTAINS

CONCLUSIONS:

How did you score these points without any behind the scenes knowledge ?
That's a good question.. You are the first person asking a question remotely questioning the validity of the scoring. The scoring is based on what we all saw on TV and what I read about the team in papers.
Also, understand the idea of who the best captain is must be relative to the culture of a society and the psychic makeup of the team. Not gonna debate the veracity of the Janssen article but I'm quite sure it is not based on the research conducted on Nigerians.
Ok, now you are spoiling it. People are essentially the same everywhere.. Those 6 criteria I wrote is a composite or summary of what leadership researches have concluded makes a good captain. Are you saying nigerians dont like leaders who exhibit honesty, trustworthiness, good communication skills etc ?

Without Mikel, it is possible Nigeria does not even play a game in the Olympics, looking at the financial shenanigans that was reported.

Now you just blew it up. You are repeating the same myths about mikels generosity that he himself has dispelled. Honestly I praise Mikel for not spending his money on the team because it sets a bad precedence for future players. Those corrupt officials are probably banking on him picking up the tab becuase he has a huge contract at chelsea.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bump
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?