Bundesliga 2016/17 (Champions FC Bayern)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bundesliga 2016/17

Post by txj »

Top game today, Bayern vs Leipzig
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

DAgrin wrote:
platinum wrote:Ousmane Dembele is the best player at Dortmund. If he isn't the best yet, he'll be the best by the end of the season. UNPLAYABLE. Understandable why Arsene wanted to wait a year on this kid but that was too cautious, unreal talent. He's gotten much better in Germany and he was already the 2nd best in Ligue 1 last year behind only Zlatan (ahead of the likes of cavani and verratti and di maria imho)
Dembele is an immense talent with loads of potential.
But a fully fit Reus is still on a different level in my opinion - such a smart, effective player with a beautiful touch.

In American Football, they say fitness is a skill. Reus is hardly ever fit sadly. Also I think when Dembele hits his ceiling, he'll do things Reus simply has never done. I may have been very generous calling him the best. Reus is good, Aubameyang is an ace, Weigl is stellar. Dembele's potential though, the world is his oyster if he can keep growing.
Last edited by platinum on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:Top game today, Bayern vs Leipzig
Bayern taking the tempo up a notch right now.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Bayern lead 1-0, Thiago Alcanatara. They ripped leipzig's left back to shreds there
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bayern close to making it two.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Where did that Nabil Keita come from...

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

2-0 xabi alonso, game over surely.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Dis Leipzig is not serious
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:Where did that Nabil Keita come from...
Naby? Austria. He's having a rough game so far. Worst I've ever seen him play.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:

Commentators are saying the same thing. First time I'm watching Leipzig
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Leipzig cannot compete with the 2-2-2 formation. They are being stretched too wide and leaving wide gaps in the middle for the quick switch...

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
platinum wrote:Ousmane Dembele is the best player at Dortmund. If he isn't the best yet, he'll be the best by the end of the season. UNPLAYABLE. Understandable why Arsene wanted to wait a year on this kid but that was too cautious, unreal talent. He's gotten much better in Germany and he was already the 2nd best in Ligue 1 last year behind only Zlatan (ahead of the likes of cavani and verratti and di maria imho)
Dembele is an immense talent with loads of potential.
But a fully fit Reus is still on a different level in my opinion - such a smart, effective player with a beautiful touch.

In American Football, they say fitness is a skill. Reus is hardly ever fit sadly. Also I think when Dembele hits his ceiling, he'll do things Reus simply has never done. I may have been very generous calling him the best. Reus is good, Aubameyang is an ace, Weigl is stellar. Dembele's potential though, the world is his oyster if he can keep growing.

Wow this is high praise. Ive sen highlights of his. Very exciting talent sha.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:
platinum wrote:

Commentators are saying the same thing. First time I'm watching Leipzig
Maybe it's the injury hampering him. He's trying to do too much and getting pulled all over the market. He's usually disciplined and Essien-esque.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Yellow would be pretty generous there.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

red card to emil forsberg, ,game over.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Game, Set, Match

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Game over...

Fosberg red card.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Could've pulled him back rather than a potential career ending tackle...

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Where is the much touted Leipzig press?

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:Where is the much touted Leipzig press?

I don't know. Even at 11 v 11, they were choosing to sit pretty deep. Can't do that versus Bayern...not unless you have some serious defensive nous.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

leipzig collapsing...just never ready for this.

3-0
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Oh dear.. Was that pass from Hummels offside?

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

This Lewandowski is deceptively quick and can dribble.