23 yrs later, I'm still dizzy. -Oliver Kahn on Jay Jay

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
23 yrs later, I'm still dizzy. -Oliver Kahn on Jay Jay

Post by Waffiman »

Oliver Kahn: "23 years ago today..... Jay Jay Okocha had taken a sensational goal to me. And I'm still dizzy "

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]

When we were kings! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 23 yrs later, I'm still dizzy. -Oliver Kahn on Jay Jay

Post by felarey »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Is there a day that goes by without JJ Okocha getting shrined by a football legend?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

shocking :shock: a thread from waffi with a small inclusing of a Nigerian ex player... shocked again this isn't a thread about assanal..smh .. it must be slow today at les emirates
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

felarey wrote::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Is there a day that goes by without JJ Okocha getting shrined by a football legend?
Oliver Khan admits, he did not want to speak to his wife when he got home after Jay Jay's humiliation. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
felarey wrote::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Is there a day that goes by without JJ Okocha getting shrined by a football legend?
Oliver Khan admits, he did not want to speak to his wife when he got home after Jay Jay's humiliation. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: The is only one Jay Jay, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Best dancer to ever wear the GWG!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: The is only one Jay Jay, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kai, na wa-o! But how many trophies did we win with Oga? What happened?
Last edited by Odas on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Waffiman wrote:
:shock: So OGA's wizardry went beyond wrecking careers, it could wreck marriages too! Seems Oliver Khan was able to recover, perhaps only the great ones do.

We know a legend by how other legends testify about him.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The look on Khan's face...
Priceless!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kaiiii, there is only one JJ!!!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Jay Jay was good but Kanu was better....sha..... :sneaky:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Odas wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Kai, na wa-o! But how many trophies did we win with Oga? What happened?
ANC,Olympics etc you were expecting world cup with those NFF?
How many trophies did Drogba and likes of Yaya win with their golden generation?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Nobody remembers JayJay in European folklore
He was insignificant
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The yellow card was worth it.

The commentary was off the chain!!

"There he is, Jay Jay Okocha"
"It's still him, Jay Jay Okocha"
"One more"
"Another one"
"And, It's in!"
"And he tears off his jersey"
"And dances in front of the foreign audience"
"This is the best that football can offer"
"This is beautiful!"
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Rawlings wrote:Nobody remembers Abedi wackass Pele, Anthony Yeaboa or Stephen rigor mortis Appiah in European folklore
They were insignificant
:agree:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So let me get this straight. Oliver Kahn has several Bundesliga trophies, several UCL trophies, several European championship trophies, a couple of WC trophies, but we are to believe he is still worried about one dribble? Okay o.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:So let me get this straight. Oliver Kahn has several Bundesliga trophies, several UCL trophies, several European championship trophies, a couple of WC trophies, but we are to believe he is still worried about one dribble? Okay o.
Guess JJ paid him to post it...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:So let me get this straight. Oliver Kahn has several Bundesliga trophies, several UCL trophies, several European championship trophies, a couple of WC trophies, but we are to believe he is still worried about one dribble? Okay o.
I have consistently said this, you lack critical thinking abilities
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Dude you're shrining a bronze medalist in your avi, can't talk trash about a real life Olympic champion doing that.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

100%Naija wrote:
Rawlings wrote:Nobody remembers Abedi wackass Pele, Anthony Yeaboa or Stephen rigor mortis Appiah in European folklore
They were insignificant
:agree:
I don't even think those guys are even on youtube.
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

Two things.

Jay Jay's acceleration when Frankfurt broke forward was phenomenal. No wonder he was first played as a winger by Westerhof against the Ivory Coast. He is lucky he did not end up like Pius Ikedia. Any other coach would have kept him on the right wing.

Oliver Khan almost saved the final shot, in spite of the dizziness. Lesson? While the goal is most certainly a collector's item, it might have never been in the first place.

In many ways, it is a goal that aptly describes Jay Jay; phenomenal talent but more of an entertainer than a destroyer of teams. Imagine fellow midfielders at that time with the same chance; Carlos Valderrama, Rai, Balakov, Thomas Hassler, Stefan Effenberg... They would have buried the ball the first time.

This is taking nothing away from Jay Jay but he achieved far less than he should have. He was Maradona and Zidane rolled into one but he achieved even less than Geremi Njitap... :cry:
Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house and kindly use the pre-frontal lobe of your brain more often; scientists call it the seat of good manners...
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Akingbade wrote:Two things.

Jay Jay's acceleration when Frankfurt broke forward was phenomenal. No wonder he was first played as a winger by Westerhof against the Ivory Coast. He is lucky he did not end up like Pius Ikedia. Any other coach would have kept him on the right wing.

Oliver Khan almost saved the final shot, in spite of the dizziness. Lesson? While the goal is most certainly a collector's item, it might have never been in the first place.

In many ways, it is a goal that aptly describes Jay Jay; phenomenal talent but more of an entertainer than a destroyer of teams. Imagine fellow midfielders at that time with the same chance; Carlos Valderrama, Rai, Balakov, Thomas Hassler, Stefan Effenberg... They would have buried the ball the first time.

This is taking nothing away from Jay Jay but he achieved far less than he should have. He was Maradona and Zidane rolled into one but he achieved even less than Geremi Njitap... :cry:
I don't know about the veracity, but I have read that Jay Jay was trying to prove something with that particular dribble.

It was more than entertainment and was not inadvertant. Jay Jay WANTED to shame Oliver Kahn, if reports are true. What I read is something along the lines of Jay Jay being looked down upon, maybe with some racial undertones...so he was out to prove something on that day.

but it could be a myth.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

Tbite wrote:
Akingbade wrote:Two things.

I don't know about the veracity, but I have read that Jay Jay was trying to prove something with that particular dribble.

It was more than entertainment and was not inadvertant. Jay Jay WANTED to shame Oliver Kahn, if reports are true. What I read is something along the lines of Jay Jay being looked down upon, maybe with some racial undertones...so he was out to prove something on that day.

but it could be a myth.
If the myth is true then you may have a point because nothing justifies the extra dribbles in the box when his first shot had a 95% chance of going in. The longer he dilly-dallied with the ball in the box, the lower his chances of scoring. Had he done that in modern football (and missed), the repercussions could have been dire...
Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house and kindly use the pre-frontal lobe of your brain more often; scientists call it the seat of good manners...