Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:43 pm
Posts: 8613
Location: NJ physically, Africa spiritually
http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/09/02/ ... e-thought/

Klopp admits Premier League tougher, deeper than he thought
4 Comments
By Nicholas MendolaSep 2, 2016, 8:40 PM EDT


Before managing in the Premier League, Jurgen Klopp would get a chuckle out of Cup score lines that read, “Southend 1-0 Manchester United”.

Now he gets it.

The Liverpool boss gave yet another revealing interview this week, speaking with The Daily Mail for a sprawling piece on life in England and how he fell in love with Anfield.

[ USMNT-SVG: Match recap | Three things ]

And he also spoke in depth about the strength of professional clubs in England, and how he can just throw reserves out there in Cup competitions and expect to win.

From The Daily Mail:

“All I did not know is how the cup games are. In Germany all you might read is: ‘’Manchester United lost to Milton Keynes, ha ha ha’. You don’t know there were 20 games before, 100 games to go, and they were playing their eighth team. You don’t get a line-up. It’s only, ‘‘Look at them…’



“The big difference to Spain is that Barcelona can play 50 per cent of their games with Team B; or there are games where Lionel Messi runs 4.3 kilometres but scores five goals. That’s a recovery session. England has no recovery session, in absolutely any game.”

Add another name to the list of those who now “get” the challenge of a top-to-bottom league where a lesser light can finish high and a super power can drop down the table.

_________________
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 2957
femibyte wrote:
http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/09/02/klopp-admits-premier-league-tougher-deeper-than-he-thought/

Klopp admits Premier League tougher, deeper than he thought
4 Comments
By Nicholas MendolaSep 2, 2016, 8:40 PM EDT


Before managing in the Premier League, Jurgen Klopp would get a chuckle out of Cup score lines that read, “Southend 1-0 Manchester United”.

Now he gets it.

The Liverpool boss gave yet another revealing interview this week, speaking with The Daily Mail for a sprawling piece on life in England and how he fell in love with Anfield.

[ USMNT-SVG: Match recap | Three things ]

And he also spoke in depth about the strength of professional clubs in England, and how he can just throw reserves out there in Cup competitions and expect to win.

From The Daily Mail:

“All I did not know is how the cup games are. In Germany all you might read is: ‘’Manchester United lost to Milton Keynes, ha ha ha’. You don’t know there were 20 games before, 100 games to go, and they were playing their eighth team. You don’t get a line-up. It’s only, ‘‘Look at them…’



The big difference to Spain is that Barcelona can play 50 per cent of their games with Team B; or there are games where Lionel Messi runs 4.3 kilometres but scores five goals. That’s a recovery session. England has no recovery session, in absolutely any game.”

Add another name to the list of those who now “get” the challenge of a top-to-bottom league where a lesser light can finish high and a super power can drop down the table.



I am not saying i disagree, but It’s interesting how he is saying he didnt know how tough EPL was until he experienced it, himself. Then, in the same article, he is talking about a spanish League he has never experienced. :rotf:

Anyway, i like Klopp, but i am a bit disapointed at his performance in England.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28206
Ahhhh another one gets it!

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 8092
Very tough league.

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 47070
Location: USA
Oops some people will not like this thread :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 43237
That clown.. :-) I guess he forgot that one of the useless, non-competitive teams from La Liga humiliated his side in the final of the Europa league.

If such foolish talk was the only determinant of the competitiveness of leagues, the EPL would be no 1 in the universe 8-)

Image

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 69006
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
anikulapo wrote:
Oops some people will not like this thread :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. Vincent - "has Kloppo coached in the NDL?"

2. txj - "he keeps setting up his lines incorrectly; we need a continental coach"

3. ChICken - "click here to read what I wrote about this same topic. click it now, you will save a child in Africa"

4. Yu-seless - "rass, babylon must burn"

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 69006
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WE-pocrites will ignore the words of Klopp (a top 10 global coach) and focus on Scholes (who is looking to go the way of Gary Neville and Thierry Henry

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 2957
tfco wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Oops some people will not like this thread :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. Vincent - "has Kloppo coached in the NDL?"

2. txj - "he keeps setting up his lines incorrectly; we need a continental coach"

3. ChICken - "click here to read what I wrote about this same topic. click it now, you will save a child in Africa"

4. Yu-seless - "rass, babylon must burn"


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:37 am
Posts: 35886
Location: From the place where hardcore is beautiful
YUJAM wrote:
That clown.. :-) I guess he forgot that one of the useless, non-competitive teams from La Liga humiliated his side in the final of the Europa league.

If such foolish talk was the only determinant of the competitiveness of leagues, the EPL would be no 1 in the universe 8-)

Image

He's talking about the nature of the league, he's not saying which league is stronger pound for pound. The nature of the EPL is that the so called big teams lose more often than not to the "smaller" teams as opposed to how it is in other big leagues in Europe and I agree with him.

_________________
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Bigpokey24 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Owiny Sigoma who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 69006
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
Mr. Piffington wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
That clown.. :-) I guess he forgot that one of the useless, non-competitive teams from La Liga humiliated his side in the final of the Europa league.

If such foolish talk was the only determinant of the competitiveness of leagues, the EPL would be no 1 in the universe 8-)


He's talking about the nature of the league, he's not saying which league is stronger pound for pound. The nature of the EPL is that the so called big teams lose more often than not to the "smaller" teams as opposed to how it is in other big leagues in Europe and I agree with him.


why.do.you.even.bother.to.explain

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 52552
tfco wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WE-pocrites will ignore the words of Klopp (a top 10 global coach) and focus on Scholes (who is looking to go the way of Gary Neville and Thierry Henry

WE ignore Klopp b/c we know that he knows which side his bread is buttered. If he gets a coaching gig in Spain, guess what he'd say. Oh, you don't have to guess, I can remind you of what Borinho said when he was at Madrid.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:41 pm
Posts: 1401
So is it Barca's fault that they thrash Arsenal 3-0 in a first leg of a CL game and the second game is a recovery game as Klop will put it?

In the last 3 years Madrid, Barca and ATM have played more games than EPL teams. So what's his excuse for ATM who have done relatively well given they have played more games and not a dominant team like Barca. abeg make wonna stop with all these useless talk of many games.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 69006
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
bonecrusher wrote:
So is it Barca's fault that they thrash Arsenal 3-0 in a first leg of a CL game and the second game is a recovery game as Klop will put it?

In the last 3 years Madrid, Barca and ATM have played more games than EPL teams. So what's his excuse for ATM who have done relatively well given they have played more games and not a dominant team like Barca. abeg make wonna stop with all these useless talk of many games.


you did not read the article....lol

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 69006
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WE-pocrites will ignore the words of Klopp (a top 10 global coach) and focus on Scholes (who is looking to go the way of Gary Neville and Thierry Henry

WE ignore Klopp b/c we know that he knows which side his bread is buttered. If he gets a coaching gig in Spain, guess what he'd say. Oh, you don't have to guess, I can remind you of what Borinho said when he was at Madrid.


did Klopp also know who was buttering his bread when spoke of the inflated player prices or how Our journos are impatient with transfer windows?

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Last edited by tfco on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 26776
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
I think we can hazard a guess as to which side of the mouth Klopp is speaking from. :D

_________________
Buhari era: Wailing Wailers [5] vs. Zombie Namas [0]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 52552
tfco wrote:

did Klopp also know who was buttering his bread when spoke of the inflated player prices or how Our journos are impatient with transfer windows?

The Curse of Thicko strikes again. Excuses for failure to sign the players he wanted, to win the games he needs to win, for his bread to continue to be buttered.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 43237
Mr. Piffington wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
That clown.. :-) I guess he forgot that one of the useless, non-competitive teams from La Liga humiliated his side in the final of the Europa league.

If such foolish talk was the only determinant of the competitiveness of leagues, the EPL would be no 1 in the universe 8-)

Image

He's talking about the nature of the league, he's not saying which league is stronger pound for pound. The nature of the EPL is that the so called big teams lose more often than not to the "smaller" teams as opposed to how it is in other big leagues in Europe and I agree with him.


I understand him. He is making excuses for the EPL's performance in Europe. He prolly hasn't gotten over the Sevilla humiliation of last season

Tactically or from a skill perspective the EPL is no big shakes. They are more interested in short term gain than playing great football.

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12137
YUJAM wrote:
I understand him. He is making excuses for the EPL's performance in Europe. He prolly hasn't gotten over the Sevilla humiliation of last season

Tactically or from a skill perspective the EPL is no big shakes. They are more interested in short term gain than playing great football.

Has Villareal gotten over the humiliation of losing to Liverpool? :D

_________________

"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
"Cellular does not follow these things closely - he rarely does the dirty work of facts checking." - Catalyst, Feb 12, 2014.
---
© The YeyeMan 2016
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:41 pm
Posts: 1401
tfco wrote:
bonecrusher wrote:
So is it Barca's fault that they thrash Arsenal 3-0 in a first leg of a CL game and the second game is a recovery game as Klop will put it?

In the last 3 years Madrid, Barca and ATM have played more games than EPL teams. So what's his excuse for ATM who have done relatively well given they have played more games and not a dominant team like Barca. abeg make wonna stop with all these useless talk of many games.


you did not read the article....lol



You EPL folks need to quit with this nonsense about too many games in the EPL. When EPL teams were making CL semi finals and finals in the numbers, no one was complaining. Now that the teams are garbage, the excuse is now that there are too many games.

Like I have said if the reason is the number of games, how can a team like ATM be performing so well. Most of you dont rate ATM but they have played the same if not more games than EPL teams in the past 3 years but still kept pace with barca (ATM was 3rd the past 2 seasons losing to barca by 3 points) while performing well in the champions league as well?

This is the same EPL and only big league where a team has gone undefeated in an entire season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 33195
Location: UK
bonecrusher wrote:
tfco wrote:
bonecrusher wrote:
So is it Barca's fault that they thrash Arsenal 3-0 in a first leg of a CL game and the second game is a recovery game as Klop will put it?

In the last 3 years Madrid, Barca and ATM have played more games than EPL teams. So what's his excuse for ATM who have done relatively well given they have played more games and not a dominant team like Barca. abeg make wonna stop with all these useless talk of many games.


you did not read the article....lol



You EPL folks need to quit with this nonsense about too many games in the EPL. When EPL teams were making CL semi finals and finals in the numbers, no one was complaining. Now that the teams are garbage, the excuse is now that there are too many games.

Like I have said if the reason is the number of games, how can a team like ATM be performing so well. Most of you dont rate ATM but they have played the same if not more games than EPL teams in the past 3 years but still kept pace with barca (ATM was 3rd the past 2 seasons losing to barca by 3 points) while performing well in the champions league as well?

This is the same EPL and only big league where a team has gone undefeated in an entire season.
Uhm, actually, they were complaining.
It is not a new thing by any means. :idea:

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:41 pm
Posts: 1401
The YeyeMan wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
I understand him. He is making excuses for the EPL's performance in Europe. He prolly hasn't gotten over the Sevilla humiliation of last season

Tactically or from a skill perspective the EPL is no big shakes. They are more interested in short term gain than playing great football.

Has Villareal gotten over the humiliation of losing to Liverpool? :D


And here was I thinking Villareal isn't a proper team so pool beating them shouldn't be seen as humiliation. :taunt:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 49132
maybe once Pep talk am too these La Liganese peeps go get am :taunt:

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bamenda boy, Bing [Bot], bully12 and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group