CAF reject Amaju Pinnick's nomination for FIFA seat

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olu
Egg
Egg
Re: CAF reject Amaju Pinnick's nomination for FIFA seat

Post by olu »

Why am I not suprised?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:But, why was he rejected? That to me is the most important question.
Because he is incompetent. Simple. What are his achievements in NFF.

No u 17 world cup
No u 21 world cup
No nations cup twice in a row.
The dodgy Nike contract he signed with no input from the marketing department.

His tendency to by pass process and procedures. You hosted Fifa without CAF. That's like a local chairman hosting the president and ignoring the governor of the state. It's never done.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

fabio wrote:Others and myself said it a while ago, that Fifa visit for a Fifa post. Since CAF President no come. It became a wasteful exercise. Nigerian football suffers. Next time, you start from WAFU and build your way up.
You are so wrong. We have a deep split in CAF and it will get worse. We have the countries of South Africa led by Tokyo Sewale who has formed an alliance with the likes of Pinnick and other countries against Hayatou.

Hayatou also has his own supporters and we saw how the rift got Infantino the Presidency. Hayatou is under pressure at FIFA and it is only a matter of time before he is pushed out by Infantino, then his position will be challenged by Sewale. CAF is approaching a civil war and believe me, there will be a lot of blood on the carpet when it is all done and dusted.

Pinnick will never get a thing in CAF so long as Hayatou is there, he has to pay for his treachery and betrayal of Hayatou by forming an alliance that gave FIFA Presidency to Infantino.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Waffiman wrote:
fabio wrote:Others and myself said it a while ago, that Fifa visit for a Fifa post. Since CAF President no come. It became a wasteful exercise. Nigerian football suffers. Next time, you start from WAFU and build your way up.
You are so wrong. We have a deep split in CAF and it will get worse. We have the countries of South Africa led by Tokyo Sewale who has formed an alliance with the likes of Pinnick and other countries against Hayatou.

Hayatou also has his own supporters and we saw how the rift got Infantino the Presidency. Hayatou is under pressure at FIFA and it is only a matter of time before he is pushed out by Infantino, then his position will be challenged by Sewale. CAF is approaching a civil war and believe me, there will be a lot of blood on the carpet when it is all done and dusted.

Pinnick will never get a thing in CAF so long as Hayatou is there, he has to pay for his treachery and betrayal of Hayatou by forming an alliance that gave FIFA Presidency to Infantino.
If their alliance is those 17 heads of federation that came to naija. They are going to lose.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Waffiman wrote:

Waffi,

Thank you. This seems plausible. Personally, I do not think Pinnick should be representing CAF at FIFA but it is important for us to know why because if this is a political decision against Nigeria as a country we should all be concerned. Excuses like failure of U17 or U20 make little sense since this is a cAF decision and we already know that the following have emerged as finalists for the position. Did the Madagascar, Seychelles, and South Sudan guys have their U17 or U20 winning? Also note that an integrity test has not yet taken place according to the report. It says that the finalists listed below will face integrity test in the future. Hopefully, the inside story will soon get out.
The elections into the FIFA Council are slated for on September 29 with seven possible candidates have already been announced by CAF - Almamy Kabele Camara (Guinea); Suketu Patel (Sychelles); Kwesi Nyantakyi (Ghana); Ahmad (Madagascar); Augustin Senghor (Senegal); Hamidou Djibrilla (Niger) and Chabur Goc Alei (South Sudan).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Nice one waffiman but we need to be in Fifa or caf
Waffiman wrote:

Oya back to the matter
open and close
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Prince,

Absolutely! Whether it is Amaju or whoever, it is about time Nigeria is represented at the very top of decision making in both FIFA and CAF.
Prince wrote:Nice one waffiman but we need to be in Fifa or caf
Waffiman wrote:

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enugu II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi,

Thank you. This seems plausible. Personally, I do not think Pinnick should be representing CAF at FIFA but it is important for us to know why because if this is a political decision against Nigeria as a country we should all be concerned. Excuses like failure of U17 or U20 make little sense since this is a cAF decision and we already know that the following have emerged as finalists for the position. Did the Madagascar, Seychelles, and South Sudan guys have their U17 or U20 winning? Also note that an integrity test has not yet taken place according to the report. It says that the finalists listed below will face integrity test in the future. Hopefully, the inside story will soon get out.
The elections into the FIFA Council are slated for on September 29 with seven possible candidates have already been announced by CAF - Almamy Kabele Camara (Guinea); Suketu Patel (Sychelles); Kwesi Nyantakyi (Ghana); Ahmad (Madagascar); Augustin Senghor (Senegal); Hamidou Djibrilla (Niger) and Chabur Goc Alei (South Sudan).
E11, I am really looking forward to the integrity test. This is all about politics and the fall out from Africa's split during the vote for the new President.

I know some of them will pass the test. For example, Patel from the Seychelles could be in for a rough ride even if he is as clean as a whistle. why? He publicly gave Greg Dyke a dressing down when he made his rude remarks about small countries. He was so incensed, it took a personal visit from Infantino to try persuade him to vote for him but he failed. That list is all about repaying those who voted according to Hayatou's recommendations for the FIFA presidency.

I agree with you on Pinnick but he wants desperately to be in CAF and FIFA. I personally take the view that we need representation in CAF or FIFA, but Pinnick will never get the CAF position with Hayatou in place. I will never underestimate Pinnick's ally - Tokyo Sexwale. He has the money and resources to buy a lot of votes and many say he will take Hayatou on for the CAF presidency. Sexwale is also relying on his friend and staunch ally, the FIFA President. I am just very interested with how the who thing with CAF plays out.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

:agree: :agree: :agree:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

fabio wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

If their alliance is those 17 heads of federation that came to naija. They are going to lose.
I will not dismiss them yet. There is the billionaire called Tokyo Sexwale, he has the money and resources to buy the votes to win. He is also a brilliant political strategist.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

People, don't let your bias against Pinnick cloud your thinking. You have to sit at the dinner table or you will be left with crumbs. Like Prince said, Nigeria need to be in FIFA or CAF. So while some of you are celebrating this because it's Pinnick, this is not a good decision for Nigeria!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote:People, don't let your bias against Pinnick cloud your thinking. You have to sit at the dinner table or you will be left with crumbs. Like Prince said, Nigeria need to be in FIFA or CAF. So while some of you are celebrating this because it's Pinnick, this is not a good decision for Nigeria!
Nigeria needs to be at FIFA not at the expense of our football. Nigeria needs to be at FIFA not represented by an incompentent guy who has sent our football backwards. Nigeria need to be at FIFA not by rewarding ineptitude. Ask yourself why people dont give a toss for Pinic,it has nothing to do with bias..fact!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:

Wow this is shocking how African can't come together.But Hayatou has been there for long,he should step down haba.I hope this civil war is between this guys no country should enter the fight.Let them fight their ownself...
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:
1naija wrote:People, don't let your bias against Pinnick cloud your thinking. You have to sit at the dinner table or you will be left with crumbs. Like Prince said, Nigeria need to be in FIFA or CAF. So while some of you are celebrating this because it's Pinnick, this is not a good decision for Nigeria!
Nigeria needs to be at FIFA not at the expense of our football. Nigeria needs to be at FIFA not represented by an incompentent guy who has sent our football backwards. Nigeria need to be at FIFA not by rewarding ineptitude. Ask yourself why people dont give a toss for Pinic,it has nothing to do with bias..fact!
Why don't people give a toss for Pinnick when his record is similar to or even better than most of the past NFF president's? Or can you enlighten us with a list of prior "competent" presidents that were better than Pinnick?
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote:
oloye wrote:
Why don't people give a toss for Pinnick when his record is similar to or even better than most of the past NFF president's? Or you can enlighten us with a list of prior "competent" presidents that were better than Pinnick?
Start with not qualifying for two consecutive ANC....that is a record! :mad: The ones before him at least qualified ,won bronze, silver and the ANC cup.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:But, why was he rejected? That to me is the most important question.
Chief, I'm sorry but that question is simply not important to me! I'm just happy they rejected his arse! Let him worry about why....Mschew... :sneaky:
I can't say I disagree.

I wish they state that he was rejected cos of his abysmal record.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Waffiman wrote::agree: :agree: :agree:
Waffiman wrote:

This should then explain why CAF have to send somebody to monitor the MRI for the under 17, and why the Flying Eagles did not qualify and also why Nigeria may not go to the world cup. So it's the ambition of one man that is going to slow down the growth of several families and also make millions of people to suffer agony?
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oloye wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you Dean (you have been re-admitted to the good books of Rangers' supporters :D )...

Personally, I do not care about the crap-fest that may or may not be going on at CAF or FIFA. But whenever Nigeria puts a foot (or face) forward, it should be present its best. To seek to make excuses for gross incompetence (and perhaps quite likely corruption) simply because others are supposedly just as bad is scrapping the bottom of the barrel of LOW standards. Rather we not have any representation at all than a crappy one (which in effect amounts to no representation). Unfortunately, it is pretty much this same sort of morbid obsession with "representation" over competence that has partly led our beloved nation hurtling increasingly towards a Fifth World toilet. SMDH@
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Prince,

Absolutely! Whether it is Amaju or whoever, it is about time Nigeria is represented at the very top of decision making in both FIFA and CAF.
And what did Amos Adamu being at FIFA ever achieve for Nigeria?! :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:
1naija wrote:
oloye wrote:
Why don't people give a toss for Pinnick when his record is similar to or even better than most of the past NFF president's? Or you can enlighten us with a list of prior "competent" presidents that were better than Pinnick?
Start with not qualifying for two consecutive ANC....that is a record! :mad: The ones before him at least qualified ,won bronze, silver and the ANC cup.
This is what you are calling incompetence? Really? Was he the coach or how many of the games did he lace up for? How many ANCs have Seychelles, South Sudan, and Madagascar won? Since that is now the criteria for being a member of CAF or FIFA.

This is a very weak argument. I can understand if choice was between Pinnick and another candidate from Nigeria.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Waffiman wrote:
I will not dismiss them yet. There is the billionaire called Tokyo Sexwale, he has the money and resources to buy the votes to win. He is also a brilliant political strategist.
Waffi, they still don't have the numbers. Delegates would most likely collect money and vote the other way.

Francophone and North African counries would go with Issa.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Prince,

And what did Amos Adamu being at FIFA ever achieve for Nigeria?! :blink:
Sometimes i do not get our people and their logic, one would think Nigeria being there has helped us in anyway. The last one that was there brought nothing but shame to us. And now they scream reward a man who has presided over chaos with another shot.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote:
Why don't people give a toss for Pinnick when his record is similar to or even better than most of the past NFF president's? Or can you enlighten us with a list of prior "competent" presidents that were better than Pinnick?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I know you wrote that with a big smile on your face to wind people up.

Grand uncle 1naija, I suggest you pay attention to Rivers United. Are you trying to compare Pinnick with Oyo Orok Oyo?