Mourinho criticizes players and Ref after Derby Loss

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mourinho criticizes players and Ref after Derby Loss

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:People laugh at AW but he's not wrong in assessment that when you buy 4, 5 , 6 players it can initially have a negative impact.

This is not FIFA, games not won via power rankings, tactics, ego's, cohesion all factors.
Correct. This is made manifest when you watch other teams not playing most new purchases in the team together. However, this is not Jose's main problem, for me it should not be a problem if the right players are played and they gell.

Jose's problem stems from a serious lack of pace in certain areas of the team. His decision to play Pogba so deep and his choice of partner for Pogba in that midfield. Then there is the issue of system and tactics that by and large, have not changed since he first arrived in England. For example, the successful teams press high up looking to force errors, ManU are the only top team that do not employ the press.

I made this point in Hull vs. Arsenal thread where I made a clear prediction that ManU will lose to Watford unless changes are made to personnel and tactics. The same will happen against Leicester if Jose does not make the changes requited to his team and tactics.
Another factor is billy big balls Mourinho caving into Rooney. Rooney should not start for any club that has genuine aspirations of winning the PL title. Rooney was done at that level years ago but yet again you have the third consecutive Man Utd manager treating Rooney as an untouchable.

Hard enough trying to integrate one's system with new club but add passenger like Rooney and a headless marauder ile Fellaini and Mourinho just begging to drop points.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

[/video]
Over to una
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Please don't tell me Jose is the ONLY Elite coach who has complained about his team putting up a poor performance. If he says something else una go talk sey na mind game..he says it as it is U call am something else. I guess when his team has whooped your team(or in the case of TxJ, proven to be more successful than your favorite coach) U look for every reason to stigmatise him..flashing news..IT TAKES UNDERPERFORMING FOR A TEAM LIKE MANURE TO LOSE TO WATFORD AND FEYERNOORD..PERIOD! I doubt wenger has never said the same,...mcchwwww :mad:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

Man United players ‘shocked’ by Mou’s Shaw blast
http://www.football365.com/news/man-uni ... ast-report

Manchester United players have been left shocked by Jose Mourinho’s criticism of Luke Shaw, according to reports.

Mourinho singled out Shaw following United’s 3-1 defeat at Watford, criticising the left-back’s role in the hosts’ second goal.

According to The Times, the England international was struggling with injury at the time of the goal after aggravating a groin problem.

However, Mourinho failed to mention Shaw’s injury after the match, and the report suggests his team-mates cannot believe the treatment of a player who has “suffered with physical and mental frailties throughout his short career” – which could be another sign that the ‘Special One’s’ aura is damaged.

The 20-year-old was dogged by hamstring issues in his first season at Old Trafford and missed the majority of last season after suffering a horrific leg break.

Meanwhile, Shaw is understood to have regular sessions with a sports psychologist after finding the pressure of playing for United hard to deal with.

While in charge of Chelsea, Mourinho advised the Blues against pressing ahead with a £28million move for the former Southampton starlet, insisting Shaw was not worth the outlay.
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

It's strange that many folks haven't figure it out that the wanker is massively overrated.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

PapaK wrote:It's strange that many folks haven't figure it out that the wanker is massively overrated.
In their defense, that's generally how brainwashing and idolatry works. :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Workman
Egg
Egg

Post by Workman »

How many poor results before he blames the Manu U physio? That was the point I was done with him at Chelsea.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. "
Ecclesiastes 12:13

popular quote- "Every Good deed will not go unpunished"
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^^^Ten Kings. Ten eras.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

This must be some joke:

United manager Jose Mourinho has blamed Louis van Gaal's legacy at Old Trafford for Manchester United's current poor run of three straight defeats. (Daily Mirror)
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

balo wrote:This must be some joke:

United manager Jose Mourinho has blamed Louis van Gaal's legacy at Old Trafford for Manchester United's current poor run of three straight defeats. (Daily Mirror)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Everyone's fault but his!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... es-8877699
http://www.naijiant.com/
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

PapaK wrote:It's strange that many folks haven't figure it out that the wanker is massively overrated.
Says the wenger man who's team hasn't won the league since 12 years ago. If José is overrated I wonder where that leaves wenger.

Don't get me wrong, José has his flaws like every manager but to brand him overrated is pure comedy.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
Says the wenger man who's team hasn't won the league since 12 years ago. If José is overrated I wonder where that leaves wenger.

Don't get me wrong, José has his flaws like every manager but to brand him overrated is pure comedy.
Poor comparison. You criticise PapaK for being unreasonable by being unreasonable. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If only Wenger has had the money like Jose. They built a stadium and it cost the Club £520M, plus the financial crash threw all plans belly up, causing more delay as the club sought to avoid disaster. You can't ignore this when assessing Wenger for the past 12 years. If you do, then there is no point in having a discussion. Compare Wenger's record at Highbury and the Emirates. Any reasonable person knows it is no coincidence.

Since the club turned the corner financially, he has won back to back FA Cups and for the 1st time since Highbury, we actually have a squad that can challenge. Now is the time to judge Wenger and see if he can truly compete again.

Arsenal for whatever reason, has never got the credit it deserves for the massive achievement of building that edifice in what is London and its ridiculous cost of real estate and development.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

cic old boy wrote:
balo wrote:This must be some joke:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Everyone's fault but his!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... es-8877699
:rotf: :rotf: this reads like JJ though. " Told his friends"?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gary NevilleVerified account
‏@GNev2 Gary Neville Retweeted Telegraph Football
Leaks already after one bad week! Embarrassing!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Jose Mourinho blaming Louis van Gaal legacy for Man United woes - reports

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho feels his start at Old Trafford has been hindered by Louis van Gaal's legacy, according to a number of British newspaper reports.

Mourinho, who took over from Van Gaal in the summer, is under pressure early on in his United career after suffering three straight defeats in all competitions.

He wants his players to think for themselves and believes that jars with Van Gaal's two years in charge of the side, according to the Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror, with the Dutchman implementing a rigid system for which he received regular criticism.

The Portuguese, for example, is keen for his full-backs to press and move forward, something that, according to The Times, contrasts with Van Gaal's ideology of sideways passing.

Speaking in August, Mourinho had said: "My teams are different to Mr. Van Gaal, and it is a difficult situation to change the dynamics. It would be easier for me to have 20 new players and start from zero."

The former Chelsea boss raised eyebrows this week after he publicly criticised left-back Luke Shaw for his part in their 3-1 loss to Watford on Sunday.

The Daily Telegraph reports that the club's players have been shocked by Mourinho's comments and their confidence has been hit, although The Guardian and The Sun report the manager has the club's backing.

The Guardian added that Mourinho's methods are seen as similar to those of former United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who enjoyed so much success at Old Trafford, winning numerous trophies including 13 Premier League titles.

Mourinho's chance to return to winning ways comes on Wednesday night when his team face League One side Northampton Town in the EFL Cup third round.

The Sun reports that under-fire captain Wayne Rooney could be left out for Saturday's Premier League match at home to champions Leicester City.

The former United right-back then said the report had the look of something written using information from inside the club, adding: "Absolutely not . However I can sense a piece that's had info passed on and one that's speculative!"

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-united/ ... es-reports
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

5 months later.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Sir V wrote:
Waffiman wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The most expensive player in the world was in my opinion the poorest player on the field. Kudos to Mourinho. Money well spent.
indeed

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kaiii You wicked o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote: Where's that thread with Pogba and his brothers dancing? I said he was more entertaining off the pitch than on it!
this is pretty exciting to me

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: this is pretty exciting to me
The stoning should be exciting. :lol: :lol:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

5 months later.
Still 6th :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote: Still 6th :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

WE are saying Pogba is costing US.