Mourinho criticizes players and Ref after Derby Loss

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mourinho criticizes players and Ref after Derby Loss

Post by felarey »

green4life wrote:
Tbite wrote:
tunde72 wrote:He don start.
I think he is in the right.

That was a Penalty IMO and also his players were pathetic.
It wasn't a pk. Perfect side footed tackle by Bravo. One problem with a good manager like Jose is over analyzing and over planning for every possibility. Some players won't respond well due to over thinking things as opposed to just playing their natural game. In any event, Jose shouldn't have blamed the 2 chaps who were subbed at HT.
Seriously?!! Studs up high lunge at a player, ball or no ball, anywhere in football, anywhere on the continent is a red card. Forget that he got the ball or what impact it had on Rooney or the game. There are legitimate means to play the game and a studs up high lunge is not one of them. The act on it's own is illegal. Mourinho is 100% spot on. This is like a player kicking out, fails to make contact and you say he's done nothing wrong. Anyway we all watch games with a myriad of motivations that sometimes cloud our reasoning.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Can't really fault Mourinho for what he said.

Should he have said it, is a whole different matter.

Players are well compensated not to do their own part.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

felarey wrote:
green4life wrote:
Tbite wrote:

It wasn't a pk. Perfect side footed tackle by Bravo. One problem with a good manager like Jose is over analyzing and over planning for every possibility. Some players won't respond well due to over thinking things as opposed to just playing their natural game. In any event, Jose shouldn't have blamed the 2 chaps who were subbed at HT.
Seriously?!! Studs up high lunge at a player, ball or no ball, anywhere in football, anywhere on the continent is a red card. Forget that he got the ball or what impact it had on Rooney or the game. There are legitimate means to play the game and a studs up high lunge is not one of them. The act on it's own is illegal. Mourinho is 100% spot on. This is like a player kicking out, fails to make contact and you say he's done nothing wrong. Anyway we all watch games with a myriad of motivations that sometimes cloud our reasoning.
Studs up? Watch the slow motion replay again. There was NO studs up. It was a side foot tackle that looked bad because Bravo went went in with both feet. But when you re-watch it you'll see it was one foot challenge with the side of his foot that got all of the ball before Rooney and zero contact on Rodney's ankle. Good call by Mark.

But this was otherwise on José. He loves to play for the results in big games and sometimes it goes south on him.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

green4life wrote:
felarey wrote:
green4life wrote:
Tbite wrote:

Studs up? Watch the slow motion replay again. There was NO studs up. It was a side foot tackle that looked bad because Bravo went went in with both feet. But when you re-watch it you'll see it was one foot challenge with the side of his foot that got all of the ball before Rooney and zero contact on Rodney's ankle. Good call by Mark.

But this was otherwise on José. He loves to play for the results in big games and sometimes it goes south on him.
Pray tell how this is a legitimate way to play football in 2016. That is the definition of an agricultural tackle. He should have been sent off for being such an agbero. Trust me, had that been Butler or Hart, it's straight up early showers. Lunging two feet into a tackle is illegal talkless studs up.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

green4life wrote:Studs up? Watch the slow motion replay again. There was NO studs up. It was a side foot tackle that looked bad because Bravo went went in with both feet. But when you re-watch it you'll see it was one foot challenge with the side of his foot that got all of the ball before Rooney and zero contact on Rodney's ankle. Good call by Mark.

Sir, that's studs up and a penalty in Sambisa Forest, Casablanca, Fortaleza, Dallas, Manchester, Canberra, Abu Dhabi and Reykjavic whether the team is Enugu Rangers, Chelsea, Corinthians, Beijing FC, Spartak Moscow or River Plate. In fact that is 2 back-to-back penarities in Ibadan :lol:

[/video]
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Waffiman wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

:lol: :lol: I said it once and I'll say it again. Pogba seems to be more entertaining off the pitch than on it.
http://www.naijiant.com/
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Pogba is world class. He did it week in and out at Juve

He needs to be played further up the pitch
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wow pure evil :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

http://www.givemesport.com/867892-zlata ... -criticism
“I did not know Paul before and now I know him personally, he is a boy who works hard, he wants to progress and has a good attitude, but he is still young and all the jealous people talking about him will swallow every word they said about him. Because he will only get better.”
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

The most expensive player in the world was in my opinion the poorest player on the field. Kudos to Mourinho. Money well spent.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Can't JMo just say vee played badly, vee lost, and then take any blames to his dressing room or training session? Must he diss his players in public?
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

chendosplastic wrote:Can't JMo just say vee played badly, vee lost, and then take any blames to his dressing room or training session? Must he diss his players in public?
They do need a kick up their backside though, something that LVG didn't to enough to his demise.

Ferguson never used to hesitate when player performance was bordering on mediocre.

For the money spent it's fair to expect individual talent to get you out of tricky spots.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

The writer is picking and choosing quotes to match an agenda. Anyone who watched the interview will know Mou blamed himself the most.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:And welcome to an all new episode of the "I win, they lose" show starring Jose Mourinho.

Good manager but his pre and post game shtick is getting is so stale.
:lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

YUJAM wrote:Pogba is world class. He did it week in and out at Juve

They looked better in the second half when Mourinho pushed him up
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

metalalloy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Pogba is world class. He did it week in and out at Juve

They looked better in the second half when Mourinho pushed him up
Mourinho needs to pull his finger out and stop playing Felliani next to Pogba.

Preferably Schneiderlin or buy a new defence midfielder or put Carrick.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

wanaj0 wrote:
kajifu wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This short clown don start,hopefully his players turn on him and force him out like Chelsea players did.
He is Pep official wife,no shame in that,he should man up and accept that.
Exactly. Wenger is however official wife to Pep and Mourinho :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Molue Conductor wrote:The writer is picking and choosing quotes to match an agenda. Anyone who watched the interview will know Mou blamed himself the most.
He only blamed himself to the extent that he made the choice to play those guys. He never blamed his tactics - which many pundits are saying were wrong.
http://www.naijiant.com/
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mistakes were made, Mourinho relied on 2 players that let him down badly, it could have been a different outcome if the players who started the 2nd half started the first 45 mins, Rashford would have given city a lot of problems, the team were more balanced but the deed had already been done, man united looked rattled, like i said, this was probably the best result for united and Mourinho, he now has an overview of the players, for me the likes of rooney needs to be dropped, he does not offer anything in the game
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

txj's obsession with all things United and Mourinho continues

Thread #1

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I wish that Arsenal had actively gone after Pep.

Imagine how he would have transformed Arsenal from Barcelona-lite to Barca on steroids. Kai :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051