SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Hull 1 v 7 SPURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - C'Palace 0 v 1 SPURS

Post by balo »

CP dey chop proper cane from Burnley right now.

0 - 2 at home.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

balo wrote:CP dey chop proper cane from Burnley right now.

0 - 2 at home.
We broke their morale :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tomorrow will be a sad day for me. We bid farewell to White Hart Lane. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Arsenal have the best record of any club playing at White Hart Lane. Who else has won 2 league titles on that ground?

Certainly not Spuds.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Let's face it and be brutally honest. White Hart Lane will always be remembered for league titles being won by Arsenal Football Club.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Waffiman wrote:Let's face it and be brutally honest. White Hart Lane will always be remembered for league titles being won by Arsenal Football Club.

Don't make it an easy send off for them.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:Let's face it and be brutally honest. White Hart Lane will always be remembered for league titles being won by Arsenal Football Club.
As honest as a goon can be. Considering the first team to do the double turn of the century, the first team to win European cup and the first and only non league team to win the FA cup, to name a few achievements comes from WHL, you can only see things from a goon perception of the Lane
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
As honest as a goon can be. Considering the first team to do the double turn of the century, the first team to win European cup and the first and only non league team to win the FA cup, to name a few achievements comes from WHL, you can only see things from a goon perception of the Lane
What European Cup? The Friars Cup, later called UEFA Cup.

Pales into insignificance when compared to our achievements at White Hart Lane. Your sworn enemies come to your ground twice to win the league. A feat you could never achieve at White Hart Lane.

We won it in your house as unbeaten champions with your former Captain.

We will miss the Lane more than you lot. For me, it is a sad day but we leave with happy memories. Who knows maybe we will win it at any other ground you play.

I hear Wenger will be guest of honour for your final game cos he won the title unbeaten at White Hart Lane. The man won more titles at the Lane than Spuds. Is it true that you lot want to build him a statute at the Lane. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Pales into insignificance when compared to our achievements at White Hart Lane. Your sworn enemies come to your ground twice to win the league. A feat you could never achieve at White Hart Lane.

We will miss the Lane more than you lot. For me, it is a sad day but we leave with happy memories. Who knows maybe we will win it at any other ground you play.

I hear Wenger will be guest of honour for your final game cos he won the title unbeaten at White Hart Lane. The man won more titles at the Lane than Spuds. Is it true that you lot want to build him a statute at the Lane. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
You're trying too hard :rotf: to make this season relevant. Waffinan and a billion goons cannot define WHL. The heroes who have graced the hallowed turf, the managers who have watered the grass with their sweat and the fans who have given their lives in different ways to the cause will def e how WHL is remembered. If you don't know that then yoU know NOTHING :tic:

In the mean time, don't you have a few fans to sort out on the terraces and in the Arsenal séance thread? :sneaky:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Waffiman wrote:Tomorrow will be a sad day for me. We bid farewell to White Hart Lane. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Arsenal have the best record of any club playing at White Hart Lane. Who else has won 2 league titles on that ground?

Certainly not Spuds.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lily Livered, they're always battling for crumbs

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - SPURS v Arsenal

Post by pajimoh »

TGBTG. Lets continue the winning streak. The old girl, WHL, is giving us a finale to remember.
COYS, COYS, COYS
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

You're trying too hard :rotf: to make this season relevant. Waffinan and a billion goons cannot define WHL. The heroes who have graced the hallowed turf, the managers who have watered the grass with their sweat and the fans who have given their lives in different ways to the cause will def e how WHL is remembered. If you don't know that then yoU know NOTHING :tic:

In the mean time, don't you have a few fans to sort out on the terraces and in the Arsenal séance thread? :sneaky:
No. We are not trying hard at all. Remember last season, we finished 2nd but won nothing. That was seen as failure. That is the best you can do this season.

Already, no matter what happens this season, many have declared this season a failure, one reason why they want the Manager out. If we win silverware and finish in the top 4, it is success, but we want more. We are defined by more according to the standards the club has set itself.

Therein lies the difference, success is relative, your definition of success is failure to Arsenal, and as you are aware, the debate is raging as to how Arsenal can be the top dogs again in England.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

On the contrary, if Beloved doesn't win the league, this season will have been a spectacular failure. How does one finish second by however points one season, supposedly complete their squad in the summer and finish fourth with a deificit double that of the season before and call that success. GTFOH. Nothing but Nigerianisms, Paul was paid so its not all bad. Pathetic.

...That said, Tottenham cannot win this game, Beloved knows what at stake. League positions etc etc, irrelevant, defeat could well light the touch paper and spark the tension to life. The fighting that could unfold could be the est the league has seen for some time.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

No. We are not trying hard at all. Remember last season, we finished 2nd but won nothing. That was seen as failure. That is the best you can do this season.

Already, no matter what happens this season, many have declared this season a failure, one reason why they want the Manager out. If we win silverware and finish in the top 4, it is success, but we want more. We are defined by more according to the standards the club has set itself.

Therein lies the difference, success is relative, your definition of success is failure to Arsenal, and as you are aware, the debate is raging as to how Arsenal can be the top dogs again in England.
This is why I said you're trying too hard. You've decided in your la k of wisdom that our definition of success is failure to Arsenal. It I not your place to decide. If a man has decided to walk in his shoes 20 miles and you have decided to walk in your 50, unless you're in that man's shoes and suffer his ailments then you lack wisdom by judging him.

The same Arsenal that has enjoyed 20 years of CL and the finance that goes with, the same Arsenal that has a huge revenue from a big stadium has now found a team that rarely feature in CL and with a stadium that barely takes 36,000 slowly grow, through up's and downs, to start challenging the establishment. A club now building one of the biggest stadium in London. Our success might be failure to you but it is that mentality that is causing your downfall and lack of focus.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is one match I wish had taken place much earlier in the season rather than this late. Oh well it has to be played at some point so here we go. Good luck the lads today. Hopefully Everton will keep the race interesting.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Seems like 4-2-3-1 formation today. Dembele might not have fully recovered.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good luck to the team. Dembele injury is sad. Midfield battle is weaker for us without him. I see Dier stepping up and Spurs playing 4-2-3-1
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Commentators claiming we might go to a back meaning it revamps to 3-4-2-1 which will shape up like this:

Lloris
Aderweirlder * Dier * Vertonghen
Trippier * Eriksen * Wanyama * Davis
Son * Dele
Kane

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:Seems like 4-2-3-1 formation today. Dembele might not have fully recovered.
I hope 3-4-2-1 with Eriksen dropping deep to partner Wanyama
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:Good luck to the team. Dembele injury is sad. Midfield battle is weaker for us without him. I see Dier stepping up and Spurs playing 4-2-3-1
Dembele is on the bench so it might be a tactical switch. But I don't get why Walker is chopping bench as well. Rose didn't fully recover to make bench either.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

An early Kane warming shot.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Davies as a wingback is not exactly confidence inspiring.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Alderweirld should have done better.