SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Hull 1 v 7 SPURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Burnley 0 v 1 SPURS

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Son coming on for fatigued Janssen.
How did he do?
To be honest, he put in a good shift today. Worked hard and caused Burnley so much problems in the back. More or less wore them out. Sooner rather than later he is going to start having some luck getting in scoring positions.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
How did he do?
To be honest, he put in a good shift today. Worked hard and caused Burnley so much problems in the back. More or less wore them out. Sooner rather than later he is going to start having some luck getting in scoring positions.
He's a brutal force. Add goals to his game and he'll be a terror
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Burnley 0 v 2 SPURS

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele missed 2 easy chances today.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Alli missed the target after dallying in the pen box
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:
How did he do?
He's a brutal force. Add goals to his game and he'll be a terror
KPOM. That is what everyone is waiting for.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

4 minutes extra.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

4 mins added time
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Full time. Well done boys.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

FT
Spurs win again
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Thank You God
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

10 + 0
0 + 3

:D

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Is it time now to play Dier in the DM position rather than CB?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: Is it time now to play Dier in the DM position rather than CB?
Doubt it. MoPo prefers 3-5-2 to 4-4-2. We will regroup for Wednesday playing Dier, Toby and Verts with Wanyama (who should be fit) partnering Dembele and Eriksen. If Wanyama can't make it then it will be Sissoko or Dele holding that position meaning Son and Jansessen will combine upfront.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: Is it time now to play Dier in the DM position rather than CB?
Doubt it. MoPo prefers 3-5-2 to 4-4-2. We will regroup for Wednesday playing Dier, Toby and Verts with Wanyama (who should be fit) partnering Dembele and Eriksen. If Wanyama can't make it then it will be Sissoko or Dele holding that position meaning Son and Jansessen will combine upfront.
Doubt the above. Dier is a better DM than CB.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Doubt the above. Dier is a better DM than CB.
I don't dispute Dier's best position but it is all about MoPo's preference. 3-5-2 is how he likes to set up his team and Dier slots into that setup. As long as MoPo can find an alternative DMer he will not use Dier there.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Is it by sheer coincidence that Spurs has gone from been a leaky defense to a one with the tightest both home and away? It is just incredible.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Need Swans to step if they want to escape relegation o! :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

paj wrote:Need Swans to step if they want to escape relegation o! :twisted:
Get out of here, punani breath :tic:
Last edited by pajimoh on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Going to the Wednesday match against Swansea we should be near full strength. Absentees are Rose, Winks, Kane and Lamela. Wanyama should be fine and be able to feature. Is it going to be Janssen or Son upfront? Janssen made a case for himself on Saturday by running Burnley's defense ragged (shame no one talked about his industry in that match which tired out Burnley's defenders thus making it easy for Son to capitalize). Son on the other hand is a DoST. He shows up for battle like this. My lineup will be:

Lloris
Dier * Toby * Jans
Walker * Dembele * Wanyama * Davis
Eriksen * Dele
Janssen

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Going to the Wednesday match against Swansea we should be near full strength. Absentees are Rose, Winks, Kane and Lamela. Wanyama should be fine and be able to feature. Is it going to be Janssen or Son upfront? Janssen made a case for himself on Saturday by running Burnley's defense ragged (shame no one talked about his industry in that match which tired out Burnley's defenders thus making it easy for Son to capitalize). Son on the other hand is a DoST. He shows up for battle like this. My lineup will be:

Lloris
Dier * Toby * Jans
Walker * Dembele * Wanyama * Davis
Eriksen * Dele
Janssen
Think it might be 4-2-3-1. The 3-4-2-1 appears weak away from home except against Stoke and Southampton. With Swansea who play an attacking 4-3-3 and the way the team looked much better with the 4-2-3-1, we might return to four at the back.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Today is Swansea. Since they got Clement, they have been a lot better. The battle to go down will be interesting. Swansea have our old boys - Carroll, Sigurdsson, Naughton, Routledge. My hope is that Spurs win with no further injuries.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8