SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Hull 1 v 7 SPURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Hull 1 v 7 SPURS

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: I am glad MoPo gave Trippier the job way back in late March especially in a high profile match to test his mantle. As much as I love Kyle Walker the dude delivers some brain fart moments that cost us points. It was his error on the first day of 2015/2016 match against ManU that cost us the match. Trippier on the other hand understands his defensive responsibilities come first and sticks to it.

Rose is another troubling one. His comments at the end of last season gave me cause for concern and I believe he is not going to get much playing time under MoPo this season even when he returns from injury. Unless he categorically gives his full loyalty then he is going to deputize for Ben Davis.
Rose wants to move up north to be close to his family. Only football fans find such things "troubling." Ironic how football fans scream loyalty, yet, they have all changed jobs 4-5 times! they jump from one location to another searching for money to feed their children, yet, cry like 12 year old girls, when a footballer wants to do the same, or many times, move closer to their family or girlfriend. :roll:
Indeed, a gun was pointed at this head when he signed his contract extension :roll:. Rose can go if he wants but he won't go for free unless someone dumb enough is willing to pay over the odds for him. I have changed jobs multiple times but on all those jobs they did not require me to sign 5 or 6 year contract :mrgreen: but rather to give 2 weeks notice if I wanted to leave or be lucky enough to only receive 2 weeks severance package pay when they want to get rid of me. Bottomline, Apple and Oranges.

BTW, my "troubling" comment has nothing to do with loyalty but rather state of his mind. Does he want to stay or wants to go because of the prospect of getting more money. Is he looking to play for the glory of the game or for the obscene money to make out of it? There's a vast difference in career path between those 2 choices.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:I am glad MoPo gave Trippier the job way back in late March especially in a high profile match to test his mantle. As much as I love Kyle Walker the dude delivers some brain fart moments that cost us points. It was his error on the first day of 2015/2016 match against ManU that cost us the match. Trippier on the other hand understands his defensive responsibilities come first and sticks to it.

Rose is another troubling one. His comments at the end of last season gave me cause for concern and I believe he is not going to get much playing time under MoPo this season even when he returns from injury. Unless he categorically gives his full loyalty then he is going to deputize for Ben Davis.
Rose will not leave unless Poch wants him to leave. Ditto for Walker who has gone. Poch said one thing last season in reaction to Sissoko's whining. Players' training performance will determine if they will play. No player has the right to first team football.

I try my best not to worry about club makeup or transfers. Carrick left - we went to the CL. Berbatov left - we went to the CL. Keane left to his boyhood club - anyone of Liverpool or an MLS club - we went to the CL. Bale left - we finished in the top 4. Modric left - we finished in the top 4 twice.

My view - I am a fan of the club, its current philosophy and fortunately Levy is someone whose financial brain I trust. He has a very tough job of getting Spurs to compete while building a new stadium, training complex and rejigging other items. Poch will manage the players. I am very delighted with seeing how Shashoua, Onomah, Edwards and other talents are developing. I really hope Sterling gets a chance this season.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I am glad MoPo gave Trippier the job way back in late March especially in a high profile match to test his mantle. As much as I love Kyle Walker the dude delivers some brain fart moments that cost us points. It was his error on the first day of 2015/2016 match against ManU that cost us the match. Trippier on the other hand understands his defensive responsibilities come first and sticks to it.

Rose wants to move up north to be close to his family. Only football fans find such things "troubling." Ironic how football fans scream loyalty, yet, they have all changed jobs 4-5 times! they jump from one location to another searching for money to feed their children, yet, cry like 12 year old girls, when a footballer wants to do the same, or many times, move closer to their family or girlfriend. :roll:
Football is not like any normal 9-5 job. It is a game where supporters invest their emotions, their life.
Rose should just say he wants to move to City. They pay more and yes they can afford to buy the best so they can challenge for the title. But being home sick is a lame excuse. Anyone would think he's playing outside his country or continent.
Spurs pay policy is one of the main reason they are looking to leave. Walker doubled his wages by moving to City. Nothing wrong with that. It's the nature of the game now
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote: Indeed, a gun was pointed at this head when he signed his contract extension :roll:. Rose can go if he wants but he won't go for free unless someone dumb enough is willing to pay over the odds for him.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What did Spurs do with the money when Madrid was "dumb enough" to pay a world record for Gareth Bale? You went on and bough Nacir Chadli, whom you have now sold to West brom for pittance, while Bale has gone on to win the CL TWICE! YOU HAVE NOT EVEN CROSSED THE FIRST ROUND. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I have changed jobs multiple times but on all those jobs they did not require me to sign 5 or 6 year contract :mrgreen: but rather to give 2 weeks notice if I wanted to leave or be lucky enough to only receive 2 weeks severance package pay when they want to get rid of me. Bottomline, Apple and Oranges.
Thats because you are, what is called, an "employee-at will." You should seek to strive for jobs where you have the security of a contract or equity.
BTW, my "troubling" comment has nothing to do with loyalty but rather state of his mind. Does he want to stay or wants to go
He has told Levy on multiple occassions that he wants to go back North. Levy should listen to him and make it happen.
because of the prospect of getting more money. Is he looking to play for the glory of the game or for the obscene money to make out of it? There's a vast difference in career path between those 2 choices.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: perhaps you should also work for the glory of your profession. NONSENSE! Like Ronaldo and Messi who are winning CL each year play for pittance! The two are NOT mutually exclusive. This is the problem when you support a club that has never been successful. you dont understand that successful people like to win, but they like to win with money in their account.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

thanks guys :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

spastic wrote:thanks guys :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
For Kyle? Let the season start :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

spastic wrote:thanks guys :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
No, thank you. I remember when Oga Oloye used to ridicule Walker and Rose. Then Poch did his magic. Don't be surprised when we replace Walker with a younger, better and cheaper player. :thumb:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!