SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Hull 1 v 7 SPURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - SPURS 4 v 0 B'mouth

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: Crystal Palace's defence looks very poor, but they are not scared to score goals. Same with Leicester.
We still have both teams to play away. Based on what is on show I feel a bit confident of our chances as both team's defenses look suspect.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Thunder[/color] wrote: Pajimoh, Argentina is coming for Posh, and Levi is bringing back Ramos. You didn't hear it from me o. :lol:
MoPo is ambitious and the league with Spurs is his ultimate aim. If not this season certainly next. Since you guys will be in the hunt for a new manager, Ramos is your man :clap:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Toyin the statistician, I'm curious to know, what is the highest number of goals Spurs scored in a season as well the least amount conceded. I'm sure we are on track to breaking of those records.
Actually kenmega is the stats man but quick google search reveals
Record total of goals in a League season
Premier league 2015–16 69 goals
Division 1 -1960-61 - 115
We are on 68 at the moment so we are on course to breaking that record :thumb:. I am more confident of the defensive side of that record that we are on course to breaking it.
We will surpass the 1986/87 league goals scoring record of 68, but conceding 22 goals (and counting) will be our best defensive record in the league since the club was formed in 1882.
What is the current record of least amount conceded both in the league :)?
Spurs conceded 22 goals in the 1901–02 season but that was in the Southern League.
In the 2nd Division, we only conceded 32 goals in the 1908–09.
In the 1st Division, we conceded 33 goals in the 1970–71 season which is the current record of least amount conceded in the League.
in the Premier League, that was last season with 35 goals. Our defensive record in the League is pretty bad though.
Poch is making record breaking history big time at Spurs! :thumb:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: In the 1st Division, we conceded 33 goals in the 1970–71 season which is the current record of least amount conceded in the League.
It appears that record will come down this season. Chelsea with 25 and ManU with 24 will not concede that many before the end of the season. Neither should we.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Thunder wrote:Pajimoh, Argentina is coming for Posh, and Levi is bringing back Ramos. You didn't hear it from me o. :lol:
Don't worry, there little worth hearing from from you anywayz :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
muddy
Egg
Egg
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - SPURS 4 v 0 Watford

Post by muddy »

pajimoh wrote:
muddy wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:This is a true reflection of how well and consistent Spurs has been. If we can continue to stay consistent and find a way to improve by a marginal 5% next season over this season then there is a good chance of us winning the league.

Skewing statistics to suit one's agenda. Nicely done but it doesn't count
To you it doesn't count. To those who spend the money and have a 3 to 5 years agenda to lifting the title and building a team that won't break the bank while building the stadium, it counts a lot.
This I the problem when people who know nothing give their opinions about something people plan on a daily basis.
You can present any data or statistics to suit your opinion but it doesn't change the fact. Maybe you should present stats related to all points collected from inception.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

muddy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
muddy wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:This is a true reflection of how well and consistent Spurs has been. If we can continue to stay consistent and find a way to improve by a marginal 5% next season over this season then there is a good chance of us winning the league.

Skewing statistics to suit one's agenda. Nicely done but it doesn't count
To you it doesn't count. To those who spend the money and have a 3 to 5 years agenda to lifting the title and building a team that won't break the bank while building the stadium, it counts a lot.
This I the problem when people who know nothing give their opinions about something people plan on a daily basis.
You can present any data or statistics to suit your opinion but it doesn't change the fact. Maybe you should present stats related to all points collected from inception.
That is your opinion but consider this, has Poch been there since inception? What's his performance and that of the team been like compared to others since he took over? I suspect you're in disagreement because the stats portrays your team in a bad light so you want to stretch it beyond what this stat is designed to highlight.
No fans and definitely no Spurs fans will say we haven't been shait for decades. But there are stats that are just for 90 minutes, last 5 to 10 games, season and inception. This stat is for the last 2 seasons and we must appreciate that is what the statistician intends it to highlight. Nothing wrong with that
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]muddy[/color] wrote: You can present any data or statistics to suit your opinion but it doesn't change the fact. Maybe you should present stats related to all points collected from inception.
You do realize there is a reason for data collection and statistical analysis, right? That data was presented to show how consistent and what slight improvement the team has been making over 2 seasons. If you are a betting man or an investor looking to where to put your money, such data helps.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Opposing teams trying to dispossess Dembele
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:

Opposing teams trying to dispossess Dembele

he reminds me of trying to disposes Pogba, Kanu or Mikel.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am happy for Dembele getting a goal today. He needs to get more goals even though he doesn't know what how to celebrate one :D.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

U'll be heartbroken again tomorrow :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

paj wrote:U'll be heartbroken again tomorrow :taunt:
Fear dey catch you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]paj[/color] wrote: U'll be heartbroken again tomorrow :taunt:
Fear dey catch you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abi :rotf:. Chelsea seems like a team that will collapse like a pack of cards if the heat gets turned on :mrgreen:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Image
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

We have completed our easy matches for the season. Next up a series of games in the last stretch but last doesnt mean easy.

Crystal Palace (a) - DERBY
Arsenal (h) - the auld enemy, DERBY!!
West Ham (a) - DERBY
Manchester United (h) - top 4 contender
Leicester (a) - current holders
Hull (a) - relegation battler

My dear fellow supporters, strap in for the ride. May the Spurs emerge victorious!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Image
One season wonder!! they said

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This guy would really not look out of place at the top of the game.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

paj wrote:U'll be heartbroken again tomorrow :taunt:
Show face now. Next time make Una no bite the hand wey give you titles. Ungrateful Chelsea fans
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

One game at a time. Next up Chelsea. I have great hope of our chances other than the Wembley factor. We haven't faired well at all playing there this season.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:One game at a time. Next up Chelsea. I have great hope of our chances other than the Wembley factor. We haven't faired well at all playing there this season.
Davies is also a weak point. I dont think he can stand up to Moses.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8