Dangote Plans to Buy Arsenal Within Four Years

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Dangote Plans to Buy Arsenal Within Four Years

Post by wanaj0 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Arsenal will not sell to him,a Nigerian buying a club will bring too much unwanted attention and of cause questions will be asked about the state of Nigeria and what has he done to help his own.
I laugh. At the RIGHT price, they will SELL !

There will be noise nothing more.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

theYemster wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote: Nine try but sorry that's a poor argument. I've never once opined on how Wenger spends/should spend his personal fortune.

He can blow it all on all the whores of Babylon for all I care
But you've bored us with your views about the Arse and the club ain't yours!
Yes so if/when Dangote eventually buys Arsenal feel free to also bore us with your own criticism of the running of the club. Until then STFU about criticizing how he chooses to spend his personal fortune. He's a private citizen who's already invested a sizeable chunk of his fortune in the country...he's not a govt official who grafted public funds.
Do you want us to investigate? Be careful putting him in trouble.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

I expect other of our short sighted Nigerians with money miss road to follow suit. It was buying up of real estates in Dubai, London, Potomac, Atlanta, then Private Jets now it is time to link your name to owning or part owning of English League teams.

I mean when we have leaders whether in the past like Fashola cutting Manchester United theme birthday cake or Pinnick posting pictures and bragging about being at the Emirates why won't Dangote try to buy up Arsenal FC.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

kalamashaka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote: Yes so if/when Dangote eventually buys Arsenal feel free to also bore us with your own criticism of the running of the club. Until then STFU about criticizing how he chooses to spend his personal fortune. He's a private citizen who's already invested a sizeable chunk of his fortune in the country...he's not a govt official who grafted public funds.
But if you can bore us to tears about the Arse (a private club) that has nothing to do with you, I'm free to comment on Dangote spending his money that has nothing to do with me.
Arsenal isn't a private business. It's a business that runs on fan support, fans who've invested time and money supporting the club. Like I said feel free to bore us to tears about that. After all no one cares how you spend your own money.

It is...

I've also spent a lot of time and money shopping in my local supermarket but it doesn't entitle me to act as if I own it or can tell the owner how to spend the money I've spent there, no?

Sorry for interrupting, carry on with your argument :taunt:
Legally speaking yes but in this context no it's not private. Dangote's private wealth is completely different from Dangote Group.

Wrt your analogy, you have a right to complain about how the supermarket is run because (private company or not) it provides a service to you (just like Arsenal does) however you don't have a right to decide how one of the owners of the supermarket spends his/her personal stash. That is a private matter.

Comparing what Dangote does with his private money is like talking about Wenger/Kroenke's private wealth outside of Arsenal. I don't care about that.

Now if Dangote buys Arsenal and starts d#$% around with the club then feel free to criticize him as an Arsenal fan.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

mmeny wrote:I expect other of our short sighted Nigerians with money miss road to follow suit. It was buying up of real estates in Dubai, London, Potomac, Atlanta, then Private Jets now it is time to link your name to owning or part owning of English League teams.

I mean when we have leaders whether in the past like Fashola cutting Manchester United theme birthday cake or Pinnick posting pictures and bragging about being at the Emirates why won't Dangote try to buy up Arsenal FC.
Ordinarily I'd agree with you but not with Dangote. He is one guy who has consistently invested locally. In fact his net worth has reduced drastically because his investments are mostly in naira. So I'll give him a pass.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Stan Kroenke, a US guy who owns several other sports teams like Denver Nuggets and LA Rams controls close to 70% of Arsenal shares as I understand it. If fans own part of the club it must be a very minor part of it. Moreover, the last published valuation of club was about a billion euros.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

wanaj0 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Arsenal will not sell to him,a Nigerian buying a club will bring too much unwanted attention and of cause questions will be asked about the state of Nigeria and what has he done to help his own.
I laugh. At the RIGHT price, they will SELL !

There will be noise nothing more.
It is good to dream though everybody and their mama know Dangote will never be majority owner of Arsenal FC.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

If you want to see racism just wait until Dangote attempts to buy Arsenal
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

How would he pay? Would the seller accept payment in naira denominated stocks. In the current climate will the government accept giving him US$ for the naira equivalent of his stocks?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mmeny wrote:I expect other of ourshort sighted Nigerians with money miss road to follow suit. It was buying up of real estates in Dubai, London, Potomac, Atlanta, then Private Jets now it is time to link your name to owning or part owning of English League teams.

Is it your position that Dangote is a short-sighted MMR Nigerian?
Just askin'.... :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

YUJAM wrote:If you want to see racism just wait until Dangote attempts to buy Arsenal
If he fails in his alleged bid it won't necessarily be due to racism. Its an easy argument to make but the buying up of clubs by non-whites doesn't seem to have been a problem with the right money. You can only make this kind of prediction now because it'll be a first (i.e. by a black person).

Did you happen to be one of those that predicted that Obama would never become POTUS by any chance?
It was an easy argument to make for the natural sceptics at the time and they went to town, confident of the 'safety' of their prediction based solely on the balance of probabilities.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I heard he still has not given the $1 million he promised SE for 2013 Afcon. Maybe should do that first
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bump
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kawawa wrote:I heard he still has not given the $1 million he promised SE for 2013 Afcon. Maybe should do that first
He’s saving it to buy Arsenal.You shouldn’t believe anything these Nigerian uncles say.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Arsenal was previously owned by a Nigerian ... And the guy cashed out and regretted it ...

<<
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
kawawa wrote:I heard he still has not given the $1 million he promised SE for 2013 Afcon. Maybe should do that first
He’s saving it to buy Arsenal.You shouldn’t believe anything these Nigerian uncles say.
Chai! Typical Nigerians.
You guys will always hear the negative and selectively miss the positive.
7 years after the donation, una still dey misyarn.
Una nor even bother check.
"You heard"....
Why una nor go "herd"? :rotf:

Not only did he donate $820,000 (N130m) in 2013, he donated another $50,000 last year for the AFCON bronze medal.

You're welcome. :roll:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Chai! Typical Nigerians.
"You heard"....

Not only did he donate $820,000 (N130m) in 2013, he donated another $50,000 last year for the AFCON bronze medal.

:rotf:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

General Trousers wrote:Arsenal was previously owned by a Nigerian ... And the guy cashed out and regretted it ...

<<
When was this?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Chai! Typical Nigerians.
"You heard"....

:rotf:
Exactly. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: