Keshi assesses Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

alaye
Egg
Egg
Keshi assesses Eagles

Post by alaye »

Being back in Tunisia for the African Cup of Nations brings back some great memories for me.

I am taken back to the day ten years ago when I helped Nigeria win the title.

But now I am here not as a player but as part of the media, and I admit that making the transition has not been easy.

For the first two years after I left the game, making the adjustment to life after football was difficult.

Luckily, it's a lot easier now and I actually enjoy looking at football from a coach's and commentator's perspective.

Looking at Nigeria's chances of winning this tournament, I think that they could win it, and you can never rule them out.

However, I must admit that I am not happy with the discipline in the national team.

If I was the manager of the Super Eagles, I would not have selected Nwankwo Kanu in the squad for this tournament.

I would not have tolerated him going to Nigeria on private business when he is supposed to be training with the team in Portugal.

Yet I am not criticising the coaches, because we all have our way of doing things.

I also feel that the exclusion of Wilson Oruma from the squad is unfair.

Based on his performance in the French league with Sochaux, he should have been allowed to fight for a place in the squad.

Oruma would have been the perfect replacement for Jay-Jay Okocha if he was to get injured or was playing below par in a game.

Having said that, l pray that nothing happens to Jay-Jay because he is playing the best football of his career.

I know you're wondering what I think about the result of Nigeria's opening match against Morocco.

Well first let me say that I am not a soothsayer!

But I hope that the Super Eagles overcome all their off-field problems to do well.

Morocco will be looking for vengeance after we beat them at the 2000 Nations Cup tournament, and I think that if we get past them we'll be on the right track.
“Their number 10, I think his name is Okocha, he’s got some wonderful touches”– Glenn Hoddle commentating on England vs Nigeria (Wembley 1994)
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

I agree with his opinion on Kanu and the lack of inclusion of Oruma. Unless he knows something we don't know, I don't know what he is talking about as regards off field problems. All the updates we have gotten from Mr Dolly and Larry, so far, indicate that there are none.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Big Boss, I really hope we can over come our off field problems and do well. Hopefully our talent will pull us through.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

What off field problems that we don't know about?
who no know go know.
NEDI
Egg
Egg

Post by NEDI »

Keshi is probably refering to the cases of allowance and ticket reimbursement that rears its ugly head at every tourney.
I am a witness to promise and look to being a tribute to hope- Pat Utomi
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Naija fan wrote:I agree with his opinion on Kanu and the lack of inclusion of Oruma. Unless he knows something we don't know, I don't know what he is talking about as regards off field problems. All the updates we have gotten from Mr Dolly and Larry, so far, indicate that there are none.
That is the big problem with U guys,U believe everything Larry and Dolly post here everyday.Look in camp there is the bad and ugly situations u guys will never hear about.U guys just like to hear only the good part and believe allis well.U guys think I am crazy when i say what i feel.Despite all those reports larry and MD gave us it wasnt all good in the camp like that.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

omey2k4,

OK. I hear you. Let's hear your version of what is going on in the camp...
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Sampo wrote:omey2k4,

OK. I hear you. Let's hear your version of what is going on in the camp...
I dont need to say much,in the long run everything will pour out eventually.Is it today started saying this?I no get any side of story to tell nobody.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

NEDI wrote:Keshi is probably refering to the cases of allowance and ticket reimbursement that rears its ugly head at every tourney.
No! Are we well prepared for this tournament? Why do we expect miracles all the time? We have once again prepared badly for a major, it is only a question of time before the chickens come home to roost.

We need a result against Morocco or else we are in serious trouble for the remaining two games.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Apparently the issues of allowances and/or ticket reimbursement have been nipped in the bud this time.I doubt if they're any major problems in camp and there is no report of chemistry problems.I'm actually very optimistic especially with the rarity of a two week camp for Nigeria.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Keshi is not a party with the NFA, but we all know there are always problems that we dont hear about
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Waffiman wrote:Big Boss, I really hope we can over come our off field problems and do well. Hopefully our talent will pull us through.

Talent, ke? Waffi, not when you are faced with the highly tactical Stephan Guy, Lemerre and the rest. Talent surely cannot overcome them.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Re: Keshi assesses Eagles

Post by Toxicarrow »

alaye wrote: I also feel that the exclusion of Wilson Oruma from the squad is unfair.

Based on his performance in the French league with Sochaux, he should have been allowed to fight for a place in the squad.

Oruma would have been the perfect replacement for Jay-Jay Okocha if he was to get injured or was playing below par in a game.

Wetin Keshi dey smoke? Wasn't he part of SE technical crew that would not even look at Oruma in 2002? Wasn't he there at Otta in Dec 2001 when in-form Oruma and Willy Opara were told to leave the camp on the ground that they were not invited? Wasn't it media/public pressure that allowed him and other members of 2002 ANC bound technical crew to pick Oruma at the 11th hour ?
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/