D-DAY APPROACHES: Rangers GK Denies Match-Fixing......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
D-DAY APPROACHES: Rangers GK Denies Match-Fixing......

Post by Enugu II »

RANGERS GOALKEEPER NANA BONSU IN MATCH-FIXING STORM
http://africanfootball.com/news/651309/ ... xing-storm
by Staff Reporter
Friday Sep 30, 2016. 18:29

Ghanaian goalkeeper Nana Bonsu is engulfed in a match-fixing scandal less than 48 hours to his Nigerian club Rangers clinching a historic league championship.

Nana Bonsu said he rejected cash from Tema Youth top shot Wilfred Osei to fix a Ghana Premier League match in 2007.

Bonsu has rejected allegations he played soft for Asante Kotoko to beat AshGold 1-0 and that forced him to quit his Ghanaian club under a cloud.

He defended himself by referring to another incident while he was at Liberty Professionals.

''Only God knows if I have ever taken bribe. Those who doubt me, can ask Palmer. I was with Liberty in a game against Tema Youth. I was sick but Palmer persuaded me to be in post and take the money so they can score,'' Bonsu told Kumasi-based Angel FM.

''I remember the year very well. It was in 2007, we lost 3-0. I didn’t go because I was sick during that time Derek Boateng had just even returned to training and asked why I didn't keep the post.

''He didn’t mention the amount but I told him I can’t do that because I didn’t want to dent my image, he contacted me through a phone call.”

Tema Youth chief Osei has since denied the goalkeeper’s allegations.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics