PERMUTATIONS FOR OUR WCQ

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: PERMUTATIONS FOR OUR WCQ

Post by anointed »

anointed wrote:With this win, we could afford 6 points against Zambia over 2 legs.

3 points against Algeria in the next game must be sacrosanct. We can't compromise that. Algeria is tough though I don't know how they will fare under their new coach but next month, those 3 points must be in the kitty.

How many points can we truly get from Cameroun? Can we get 4 points? Not impossible. I say these on the basis of the players we have, which could improve into a team.

By the time we travel to play our last game in Algeria, we should have done enough to avoid a heart-in-the-mouth kind of match.

So, I think 13 points is doable before Algeria. There could be blips but it should be with +/- 2 points. We can also assume that Algeria should match us result for result, meaning if we have 13 points going into the final game in Algeria, I won't watch a game where Algeria just needs to beat us 1-0 to qualify.

Giving up even a goal especially when avoidable or failing to get full points when within grasp is a no, no because the permutations are clear.
This is how it stands now:

1. Nigeria P3 9pts
2. Cameroon P3 2pts
3. Zambia P2 1pt
4. Algeria P2 1pt

Assuming a plausible worst case scenario:

Naija lose in Cameroun lives us with 9pts
One of Algeria or Zambia takes 4 points from their 2 clashes takes that side to 5 points.
Then a win at home to Zambia clinches it for us even if Algeria and Zambia split their games at 3 points each, meaning they will both have 4 points and Cameroun will have 5 points.

A scenarios that could give us the ticket on Monday is if we win in Cameroun and none Algeria or Zambia takes 6 points from their two games.

If we draw in Cameroun and one of Algeria or Zambia gets 4 points, we'd still need that win (or even a draw) against Zambia. But should we draw in Cameroun while Zambia and Algeria also draw thei 2 games, then we are in Russia by Monday.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

anointed wrote:
anointed wrote:With this win, we could afford 6 points against Zambia over 2 legs.

3 points against Algeria in the next game must be sacrosanct. We can't compromise that. Algeria is tough though I don't know how they will fare under their new coach but next month, those 3 points must be in the kitty.

How many points can we truly get from Cameroun? Can we get 4 points? Not impossible. I say these on the basis of the players we have, which could improve into a team.

By the time we travel to play our last game in Algeria, we should have done enough to avoid a heart-in-the-mouth kind of match.

So, I think 13 points is doable before Algeria. There could be blips but it should be with +/- 2 points. We can also assume that Algeria should match us result for result, meaning if we have 13 points going into the final game in Algeria, I won't watch a game where Algeria just needs to beat us 1-0 to qualify.

Giving up even a goal especially when avoidable or failing to get full points when within grasp is a no, no because the permutations are clear.

1. Nigeria P3 9pts
2. Cameroon P3 2pts
3. Zambia P2 1pt
4. Algeria P2 1pt

One of Algeria or Zambia takes 4 points from their 2 clashes takes that side to 5 points.
Then a win at home to Zambia clinches it for us even if Algeria and Zambia split their games at 3 points each, meaning they will both have 4 points and Cameroun will have 5 points.

A scenarios that could give us the ticket on Monday is if we win in Cameroun and none Algeria or Zambia takes 6 points from their two games.

If we draw in Cameroun and one of Algeria or Zambia gets 4 points, we'd still need that win (or even a draw) against Zambia. But should we draw in Cameroun while Zambia and Algeria also draw thei 2 games, then we are in Russia by Monday.
Qualification on Monday. .....
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

anointed wrote:

1. Nigeria P3 9pts
2. Cameroon P3 2pts
3. Zambia P2 1pt
4. Algeria P2 1pt

My bro we will not lose to this Cameroon team in Cameroon. We will beat them and qualify for the WC on Monday.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The only permutation left is to get a result in Cameroon. Our boys need to go there and compete the work.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

anointed wrote:

1. Nigeria P3 9pts
2. Cameroon P3 2pts
3. Zambia P2 1pt
4. Algeria P2 1pt

On course

Even if Zambia wins in Algeria, we just need to do the business all the same in October in Uyo. That last tie in cold Algeria will be played by our Ice Eagles.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

anointed wrote:
anointed wrote:

1. Nigeria P3 9pts
2. Cameroon P3 2pts
3. Zambia P2 1pt
4. Algeria P2 1pt

On course

Even if Zambia wins in Algeria, we just need to do the business all the same in October in Uyo. That last tie in cold Algeria will be played by our Ice Eagles.
I kpom myself.

We cannot control what the other teams play. We can only focus on our own team. The 1-0 win of Zambia in Algeria and the 6 points garnered by Zambia over the two legs are not Naija's making.

For those who thought a win for Naija in Yaoundé yesterday would have qualified us; they should now know better. Whether we won or drew in Yaoundé, like we did, we still need the match on Oct 7 and a draw might just suffice but a win will take us to Russia mathematically.

Peeps should also stop talking like Zambia in Uyo is our last match. We are still going to Algeria after Zambia's visit. And, if Cameroun drew there and Zambia defeated them, what stops the Super Eagles from picking all points there? 16 points is still very doable.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

anointed wrote:
anointed wrote:

1. Nigeria P3 9pts
2. Cameroon P3 2pts
3. Zambia P2 1pt
4. Algeria P2 1pt

On course

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: The following players have been invited to the Ice Eagles camp that will play the last WCQ in cold Algeria next month:

.....................................Paj...........Pajimoh...................

.........Ogbunigwe...........Ohsee........Ohenhen..................Kajifu

.........Cellular.................Ayo Akinfe.........Gotti................1Naija

.................................Shaking Emir Kongi......................

All those who covet invitation and will like to be on the team should be ready to drop. Sir V is collecting.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...