Operation full backs search begins

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chimex101
Egg
Egg
Operation full backs search begins

Post by Chimex101 »

as a matter of urgency we have to start seriously combing everywhere possible even if its pluto for a decent RB and LB at the very least, I can pardon Ndidi's comic display today against Zambia cause he was playing in an unfamiliar area and it showed in the most pitiful way,but the fact that we have to gamble playing a natural defensive midfield player in a RB position in a crucial WCQ goes to show the dire situation we are presently...it was no surprise that 60%of the attacks the Zambians launched came from that badly exposed RB angle, and we surely have Ikeme to thank for some really gutsy saves...Echejilie for all his experience is just an average LBnd I don't see any metric of improvement in him any time soon...so the scouting has to commence ASAP before we face the lethal quadrangle of Algeria in months time! Rohr I'm sure will be deeply concerned as well!!! so the question is do we have any good full backs in the local league?? are the likes of Odubanjo and Iorfa who were touted to be our future hopes still within the radar? are the likes of Shehu and Musa M. competent enough to play those positions? this are pertinent questions we have to ask ourselves guys, the teams looks very solid in attack, decent in MF,but as always very uninspiring in the defensive phase.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Operation full backs search begins

Post by felarey »

Before we begin, can we first make sure Kalaba is no longer a free man?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Amuzie needs to be given another chance. Iorfa doesn't have Nigeria as his first choice going by reports, though another report said he hadn't been approached. Has the prodigal son Onuoha made the call to NFF yet? His experience and versatility will be valuable and a huge plus to have around.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

felarey wrote:Amuzie needs to be given another chance. Iorfa doesn't have Nigeria as his first choice going by reports, though another report said he hadn't been approached. Has the prodigal son Onuoha made the call to NFF yet? His experience and versatility will be valuable and a huge plus to have around.
:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: U are not serious at all.......................are u a fan of naija or enemy?
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

rasak74 wrote:
felarey wrote:Amuzie needs to be given another chance. Iorfa doesn't have Nigeria as his first choice going by reports, though another report said he hadn't been approached. Has the prodigal son Onuoha made the call to NFF yet? His experience and versatility will be valuable and a huge plus to have around.
:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: U are not serious at all.......................are u a fan of naija or enemy?
But isn't he currently better than anyone we have at RB?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

We only need a left back.

Lots of options at the right with a soon to be fit Odubajo, Iorfa, Ola Aina & even Onuoha. We just need to decide on who we want to approach.

Even Ambrose is serviceable as a right full back. Balogun and Oboabona can also play there in addition to their Central roles.

I rate all these options above Shehu & Musa Mohammed.

The Left Back is the problem & in my opinion has been since Ben Iroha left (even Emenalo was part of the problem & Taye Taiwo was only good for a short time).

It hurts even more that the best Left full back in the world slipped right through our hands.

Over the last 5 years, Nwabili, Obanor, Madu, Oshaniwa, Amuzie, Benjamin Francis & others I may not remember remember have floated around Eldersen, but we've been unable to find stability in that position.

I would give Amuzie another shot, if it were up to me. He is fast, athletic, tackles well, tough to dribble & would be a good person to place on a Mahrez in our next game. The only fear is that he loses concentration and gets caught out of position.

I'll say something else (& it seems foolhardy to start an Ambrose campaign now), but Ambrose probably has had one of the best displays I have seen in this timeframe on the Left full back position for the Eagles. I can't recall the specific match where he was drafted to the left due to injury, but he did very well. He could be a useful squad member based on versatility. It probably won't happen anyway.
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Omeruo has played through the right back before. Why not play him there when Balogun is back. Seriously we need to sort those areas out fast. Aina is an option too, we need strong and we'll build defenders.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Enugu Rangers no get full backs?
20 teams in NPFL and we can't find 4 decent full backs? Our opponents are not from the moon o.... Na wah for we :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

tunde72 wrote:Omeruo has played through the right back before. Why not play him there when Balogun is back. Seriously we need to sort those areas out fast. Aina is an option too, we need strong and we'll build defenders.
Omeruo cannot hold his own at the FB position. Take that to the bank. He is far better in the middle. He will be outpaced at the widleback position. Further, he will not be able to contribute much going forward. To me both Ndidi and Musa are better. So If Ndidi was bad today, imagine how Omeruo will look at that position.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:We only need a left back.

Lots of options at the right with a soon to be fit Odubajo, Iorfa, Ola Aina & even Onuoha. We just need to decide on who we want to approach.

Even Ambrose is serviceable as a right full back. Balogun and Oboabona can also play there in addition to their Central roles.

The Left Back is the problem & in my opinion has been since Ben Iroha left (even Emenalo was part of the problem & Taye Taiwo was only good for a short time).

It hurts even more that the best Left full back in the world slipped right through our hands.

Over the last 5 years, Nwabili, Obanor, Madu, Oshaniwa, Amuzie, Benjamin Francis & others I may not remember remember have floated around Eldersen, but we've been unable to find stability in that position.

I would give Amuzie another shot, if it were up to me. He is fast, athletic, tackles well, tough to dribble & would be a good person to place on a Mahrez in our next game. The only fear is that he loses concentration and gets caught out of position.

I'll say something else (& it seems foolhardy to start an Ambrose campaign now), but Ambrose probably has had one of the best displays I have seen in this timeframe on the Left full back position for the Eagles. I can't recall the specific match where he was drafted to the left due to injury, but he did very well. He could be a useful squad member based on versatility. It probably won't happen anyway.
My broda, it is a problem that should be worrying the handlers. Come to think of it, Shehu would have been a better option than Ndidi.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

Cellular wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
Are u serious :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

rasak74 wrote:
A motivated Onuoha will massively improve this team immediately, lets talk true. He will make the likes of Ekong, Omeruo and Balogun better players with his experience and overall presence. He's definitely good enough if he's good enough to be captain of Queens Park Rangers meaning he's first on team sheet. He can offer tidbits to our other defenders having played with and against some of the best players in the world. It can only be a good thing if a player like him comes home to be part of the team, the others will be encouraged.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

rasak74 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
Yes he's serious. We just played a game today, who do we have that is better? We're working with potentials. Kalaba exposed that weakness in the most callous way today.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Left Back

until Amuzie improves defensively Echijele is still a better option.

We need to look at Joel Obi here

1. Joel Obi
2. Echiejele
3 Amuzie

Right Back

Efe Ambrose as much criticism as he got is a far far better RB than all of these options we have been experimeting with. When I included him in my starting 11 for this match people thought I was crazy. Ambrose was never as bad as what we witnessed today, and clearly Rohr thought Ndidi was a better option than both Shehu and Muhammad.

Also we need to suck in our pride and call up Onuoha.

1. Odubajo (when fit again)
2. Aina (if he decides to play for us)
3. Onuoha
4. Ambrose
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

felarey wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
Yes he's serious. We just played a game today, who do we have that is better? We're working with potentials. Kalaba exposed that weakness in the most callous way today.
My broda, I don't know why people bring sentiments into this.

If dude wants to play and deal with our BS, we should recruit him to play. He is not a striker. He plays a position where we need quality options.

We saw reports of people who decided not to show up.

I am of the opinion that when we have quality people battling for positions we are better for it.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

felarey wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
A motivated Onuoha will massively improve this team immediately, lets talk true. He will make the likes of Ekong, Omeruo and Balogun better players with his experience and overall presence. He's definitely good enough if he's good enough to be captain of Queens Park Rangers meaning he's first on team sheet. He can offer tidbits to our other defenders having played with and against some of the best players in the world. It can only be a good thing if a player like him comes home to be part of the team, the others will be encouraged.
His experience is not my problem..............................Onuoha's speed is my main concern.
Internet gangster
Troll
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

truetalk wrote:We only need a left back.

We have a number of players as options but we're suffering from their lack of match fitness. Too many warm (not hot) players. Playing regularly makes a lot of difference. What happened today should never be allowed again, Kalaba cannot be allowed to leave Nigeria if such sodomization takes place on our turf.

rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

vancity eagle wrote:Left Back

1. Joel Obi
2. Echiejele
3 Amuzie

Right Back

Efe Ambrose as much criticism as he got is a far far better RB than all of these options we have been experimeting with. When I included him in my starting 11 for this match people thought I was crazy. Ambrose was never as bad as what we witnessed today, and clearly Rohr thought Ndidi was a better option than both Shehu and Muhammad.

3. Onuoha
4. Ambrose
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Internet gangster
Troll
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote:Left Back

1. Joel Obi
2. Echiejele
3 Amuzie

Right Back

3. Onuoha
4. Ambrose
:agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Shehu can be serviceable until Odubanjo(sp) is fit.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

rasak74 wrote:
felarey wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
His experience is not my problem..............................Onuoha's speed is my main concern.
I don't know this to be a real issue but a defender without speed is servicable, think of Mertesacker, Blind etc. Experience and positioning can make up for a non fast defender. Onuoha is also competent in all defence positions, LB, CB and RB, plus he plays every week. Anyway all this is mute if he doesn't want to play for us.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I am going to hate myself for saying this but yes we need Onuoah. Not only him but Udubanjo and Aina. We have to recruit those British boys ASAP. No time for shakara.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

If the dude wants to play for Nigeria and will (undoubtedly) add value, then why the heck not???
It never ceases to amaze me how arrogant some Nigerians can be, especially in this case when we are in DIRE need of full backs and central defenders.
Cellular wrote:
rasak74 wrote: