I CANT STAND THIS PREMATURE EXALTATION OF ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: I CANT STAND THIS PREMATURE EXALTATION OF ROHR

Post by joao »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:"What the country needs is a white coach, not someone who is afraid to take decisions," Ayegbeni told the South African tv channel Supersport. - Yakubu

"Oyinbo na oyinbo" - Osaze
Really???
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

joao wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:"What the country needs is a white coach, not someone who is afraid to take decisions," Ayegbeni told the South African tv channel Supersport. - Yakubu

Really???
Joao, Why does that surprise you. ?? :mrgreen:

I had a Naija friend who went to Nigeria from the USA to pitch 2 governors separately on the idea of an alternative energy project a few years, they both asked him the same question ..... "where is his white partner" ?? ... He told them he didnt have one.. that was the last audience he got from them.

This is not uncommon in Nigeria and Africa..as a matter of fact in many places in the world..including china.There is a reason they pay LCS one salary and FC another. We discriminate against our selves. Its a disease veracity eagle is familiar with... Its called self loathing.

Some of you are saying the team is playing better, did it ever occur to you that the players are responding better to the coach simply becuase he is not black. He gives them the same instruction an LC would give them and they respond better to him.
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Solowe wrote:
joao wrote:

Really???

I had a Naija friend who went to Nigeria from the USA to pitch 2 governors separately on the idea of an alternative energy project a few years, they both asked him the same question ..... "where is his white partner" ?? ... He told them he didnt have one.. that was the last audience he got from them.

This is not uncommon in Nigeria and Africa..as a matter of fact in many places in the world..including china.There is a reason they pay LCS one salary and FC another. We discriminate against our selves. Its a disease veracity eagle is familiar with... Its called self loathing.

Some of you are saying the team is playing better, did it ever occur to you that the players are responding better to the coach simply becuase he is not black. He gives them the same instruction an LC would give them and they respond better to him.

KPOM!!!!! 1000%
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If it takes a "white coach" to finally call up our best players, to finally have the team playing like SUPER EAGLES, and if it finally took a "white coach" to bench Ahmed Musa and call up Isaac Success, and to start Alex Iwobi.

Then bring on the "white coaches".

All I have to say is that local coaches are their own worst enemy. They sabotaged themselves and have nobody else to blame but themselves for their failures.

Do you disagree ?

Just remember that CLOWN named Manu Garba confining Iheanacho, Success, Yahaya, Nwakali to the bench for the likes of Bulbwa, Godwin Saviour.

Remember SSS benching Iheanacho for Aminu Umar.

Just thinking about these clowns and poor excuses for PE teachers makes my blood boil.

They have all conspired to put Nigerian football into the grave.

We now have Rohr trying to dig us out.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

vancity eagle wrote:If it takes a "white coach" to finally call up our best players, to finally have the team playing like SUPER EAGLES, and if it finally took a "white coach" to bench Ahmed Musa and call up Isaac Success, and to start Alex Iwobi.

All I have to say is that local coaches are their own worst enemy. They sabotaged themselves and have nobody else to blame but themselves for their failures.

Do you disagree ?

Just remember that CLOWN named Manu Garba confining Iheanacho, Success, Yahaya, Nwakali to the bench for the likes of Bulbwa, Godwin Saviour.

Just thinking about these clowns and poor excuses for PE teachers makes my blood boil.

Kpom.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

:agree:
Solowe wrote:
joao wrote:

Really???

So the players are are responding are responding better because the ccoach is white...... I personally do do not want a white white coach I just want the team team to do not want well.... btw you you should take this up with the players
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

It is more relief than anything. It was looking all but over for us before the qualifiers even started so this looks like a turnaround. With our NFF in complete shambles, two AFCONs missed, no coach just a few months ago, rejected by Le Guen, it was looking all but over even before the starting gun. So excuse the relief and appreciation some feel that we got off to even a better start than anticipated.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Solowe, Winterbottom has arrived and the whole of Umuofia, loin clothed and barechested are singing Dorobucci...and who can blame them. T'is common knowledge that new managerial appointments automatically assume the prowess of a magician's elixir. It was Rohr all along, the perfect panacea to our problems. Flight for the Eagle's wings. In due time e go do am like film trick. There's nothing revolutionary about this old warhorse's rhetoric, the players, perhaps, in their cocoa buttered complexes and petroleum jellied Oga on top-ism, will be motivated, momentarily, by Babawayo Olubarubaru Oyinbo.

For now, t'is a perfect appointment, the commanders in teef, in the big house, presumably have their gluttonous appetite for embezzlement satisfied. No sudden entirely coincidental demises of would be candidates or whistle blowers. All is well. Peace reigns. Nigeria was long overdue a white man, rather than bemoan his celebration, cover the necessary with a palm leaf and Dorobucci.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

:agree:
Solowe wrote:
joao wrote:

Really???

So the players are are responding are responding better because the ccoach is white...... I personally do do not want a white white coach I just want the team team to do not want well.... btw you you should take this up with the players
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

vancity eagle wrote:
akamoke wrote:
kajifu wrote:The truth is,people are celebrating too much because this man is white.If he was a local coach people will be talking its just 2-1 Victory with poor Zambia team this and that...how a good coach should have won like 4-0
You are not far from the truth there, people may want to deny it and sometimes its even down in the subconscious which is even scarier

Regardless, I applaud the coach for the win, like I do of any of our coaches when we get a win, home or away
Truth my a$$

When last did Nigeria beat a team of Zambia calibre on the road for us to celebrate ?

When last did SE play this well on the road controlling possession by 60% after the first half ?

Please tell is when this recently happened for us to celebr

Because if Keshi, Oliseh, or SSS could achieve this we would celebrate believe me.

kpom!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Solowe wrote:
joao wrote:

Really???

Can't say I blame them. If you've ever done business with Nigerians you'll understand.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

Like i Said before i expect all d teams to beat Zambia at home. Nigéria qualification and performance will b truly judged by the Algerian match.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cruxifixoy2k wrote:Like i Said before i expect all d teams to beat Zambia at home. Nigéria qualification and performance will b truly judged by the Algerian match.
It could be argued that Zambia's pedigree is suddenly being questioned because Nigeria beat them at home.
Were you saying this before we beat them?
Just asking....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Very embarrassing statement.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I'm sorry but Solowe, your comments on this and the way you knock the players as well shows how much of a hypocrite you are. You talk about self loathing and how this coach doesn't know what he is doing.

Football isn't about sentiments, it's about results. The previous coaches we had didn't provide us those results, this one has so far. Give him time to judge and don't damn the coach, because the fact is if you support the team support the coach and hope what he is doing is the right thing. Putting the coach and players down doesn't amount to anything.

So far this coach is on a good start with the national team winning a critical away game. Also this is the first time Nigeria beat Zambia away which no other coach we have had, black or white has ever done.

On your sentiments of Local coaches, the truth is that many need experience and broad experience to be able to handle the talent we have. Siasia and Oliseh aren't qualified to handle players that play at such a high level against high level opponents. This is what made the late Stephen Keshi differ, he had the experience with other national teams and teams outside of Nigeria to improve his skillset. Until more Nigerian coaches go abroad and try to gain experience elsewhere, whether that be other parts of Africa, Europe, the US or even Asia, there will be a disparity in coaching. If you want to compare this to something, you can compare it to the English national team which can't even break down a team that parks the bus. Their ignorance in picking local and naïve coaches is one of the reasons they can't even beat teams like Iceland at major competitions.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TheHitman47 wrote:I'm sorry but Solowe, your comments on this and the way you knock the players as well shows how much of a hypocrite you are. You talk about self loathing and how this coach doesn't know what he is doing.

Football isn't about sentiments, it's about results. The previous coaches we had didn't provide us those results, this one has so far. Give him time to judge and don't damn the coach, because the fact is if you support the team support the coach and hope what he is doing is the right thing. Putting the coach and players down doesn't amount to anything.

So far this coach is on a good start with the national team winning a critical away game. Also this is the first time Nigeria beat Zambia away which no other coach we have had, black or white has ever done.

On your sentiments of Local coaches, the truth is that many need experience and broad experience to be able to handle the talent we have. Siasia and Oliseh aren't qualified to handle players that play at such a high level against high level opponents. This is what made the late Stephen Keshi differ, he had the experience with other national teams and teams outside of Nigeria to improve his skillset. Until more Nigerian coaches go abroad and try to gain experience elsewhere, whether that be other parts of Africa, Europe, the US or even Asia, there will be a disparity in coaching. If you want to compare this to something, you can compare it to the English national team which can't even break down a team that parks the bus. Their ignorance in picking local and naïve coaches is one of the reasons they can't even beat teams like Iceland at major competitions.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

cruxifixoy2k wrote:Like i Said before i expect all d teams to beat Zambia at home. Nigéria qualification and performance will b truly judged by the Algerian match.
Are you serious?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sir V wrote:
Are you serious?
He is not.
He is practising his lines for a stand-up comedy show.
fishward
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward »

Solowe wrote:Every other page I read on CE these days is this continued exaltation of this coach. The man has not done anything yet to deserve the praises or legend some of you are already attempting to bestow on him.

We played 1 game where the results luckily went our way and some are already ready to crown him a great coach. That game vs Zambia was hardly a masterpiece of coaching. The formation he played called for the use of 5 offensive players on the road which left the defence clearly vulnerable until the second half when he belatedly brought on Esiti and his other substitutions.

The Zambians even with their weaker team hit our bar within the first 6 minutes and our Goalie had to make like 5 miraculous point black saves during the game. That is a serious indication of lapses in the team formation. Those Zambian wingers were getting behind our Left and right backs at will and their strikers were getting multiple heading opportunities to score. Our teams passing was only great in the 3rd half of the field. The Defence was so helta skelta they were just booting the ball out for most of the game.

We cant play like that against our next opponents, the Algerians, who are more Savvy and clearly more motivated to win now that they feel they have removed their perceived problem; Their Coach. Trust me, they are coming to Uyo guns ablazing like wounded foxes.

Unless someone calms this oju orowo ri German down who has never managed this much talent in his journeyman career and seems to think he has arrived thereby basking and over celebrating in the glory of his opportuned win, we are going to be in for a serious dose of reality check when Belloumi's people hit our shores.

hear hear defense is useless
For evil too prosper it only needs men of goodwill to stand by Idile and do nothing!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:If it takes a "white coach" to finally call up our best players, to finally have the team playing like SUPER EAGLES, and if it finally took a "white coach" to bench Ahmed Musa and call up Isaac Success, and to start Alex Iwobi.

Do you disagree ?

... and hence some of us think the local coaches has taken bribes based on their poor decisions in players selection. As to Rohr trying to dig us out, I hope he is successful in doing so, else many will be calling for his termination as soon as we lose a match or so. Good luck to the Super-Eagles, the coaching crew and indeed to Nigeria (all of us).
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

nemi2002 wrote::agree:
Solowe wrote:
joao wrote:

Really???

Nemi2002; are you alright - Sir? I think you should "edit" your post in above. Too many typos unless you are simply being "sarcastic."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Are you serious?
He is not.
Damunk & Sir V fuuny u. I strongly believe Algeria will beat Zambia in Lusaka and I expect Cameroun to take a point if not a win. Mind you that is just my prediction based on the strength of the teams. A true reflection of Nigeria ability and strength will b seen in the match at home to Algeria and the remaining home games. I dont expect Nigeria to beat Algeria and Cameroun on the road. Just as Solowe said and having seen d match again Zambia dia is nothing spectacular with d Eagles. We just have to thank the goalkeeper Carl.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cruxifixoy2k wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Are you serious?
He is not.
Damunk & Sir V fuuny u. I strongly believe Algeria will beat Zambia in Lusaka and I expect Cameroun to take a point if not a win. Mind you that is just my prediction based on the strength of the teams. A true reflection of Nigeria ability and strength will b seen in the match at home to Algeria and the remaining home games. I dont expect Nigeria to beat Algeria and Cameroun on the road. Just as Solowe said and having seen d match again Zambia dia is nothing spectacular with d Eagles. We just have to thank the goalkeeper Carl.
Cruxifixoy2k,
Of course it is your opinion and we respect it. We just don't agree with it.
And anyway, you did state that you expected "all the teams to beat Zambia at home''. I took it to mean on the road.Abi?

As for us not beating both Algeria and Cameroun on the road, your view is probably what most of us think anyway. Its nice to be cautiously optimistic and no-one is saying our remaining games are going to be a walk in the park. But seeing 'nothing spectacular' in the SE is not really the point.

What have you seen that is 'spectacular' in the other three teams?
And do you think the others agree with your poor rating of the SE? Or do you think they are seeing more than just Carl Ikeme as our 'saviour' from our one match played so far?

Maybe if you put yourself in their position, you might see things slightly differently.