Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:43 pm
Posts: 8613
Location: NJ physically, Africa spiritually
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

6 - Pep Guardiola has gone six games without a win for the first time in his managerial career. Slump.
OptaJoe



This ain't Spain or the Bundesliga son...

_________________
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 33036
femibyte wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

6 - Pep Guardiola has gone six games without a win for the first time in his managerial career. Slump.
OptaJoe



This ain't Spain or the Bundesliga son...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: When was the last time he won a game?
Has any top manager in the top league gone this number without a win? :rotf: :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 33036
So Pelle win CC last year and Pep already out of the competition already?


Last edited by kajifu on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 40492
Location: on the move
kajifu wrote:
So Pelle win CC last year and jose already out of the competition already?


Come again?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 29164
The mugu he should go and beg Yahaya and buy him Christmas Cake add to his birthday cake. Now the excuse is he needs his players, make he go buy Messi

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 33036
green4life wrote:
kajifu wrote:
So Pelle win CC last year and jose already out of the competition already?


Come again?

No mind me bros,Pep already out :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: .Make I edit am.Dam Pep might be one hell over hype coach.
I mean its like that Pedro people were shrining when he is not good like my boy Moses.Players like Iwobi if they play for Barca na world best the go dey fight with Messi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:33 pm
Posts: 158
Location: Phoenix, AZ
I have said it before and will repeat myself that EPL is very unforgiving. All these coaches at new clubs will find it tough. Pep inherited the best squad on paper in the EPL and he will not win that easily as he did in Germany and Spain. The money has also shifted and more teams can keep players longer and compete in the EPL. It will also be very difficult for Spanish giants to afford the best players when competing against top EPL teams. We will see end of the season, if any of the so called big coaches will turn things around and actually win the league

kajifu wrote:
femibyte wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

6 - Pep Guardiola has gone six games without a win for the first time in his managerial career. Slump.
OptaJoe



This ain't Spain or the Bundesliga son...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: When was the last time he won a game?
Has any top manager in the top league gone this number without a win? :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
The Game Mastermind Has Spoken. May all that have understanding Listen!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:43 pm
Posts: 8613
Location: NJ physically, Africa spiritually
:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:03 pm
Posts: 14244
I don't understand this obsession with Guardiola. Is he the only foreign coach in the league? More than 70% of the players and the majority of the coaches in the league are foreign. The last time, it was Pellegrini who was singled out. What is the criteria for singling out players and coaches?

_________________
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:29 am
Posts: 9658
Location: Indiana
Vincent. wrote:
I don't understand this obsession with Guardiola. Is he the only foreign coach in the league? More than 70% of the players and the majority of the coaches in the league are foreign. The last time, it was Pellegrini who was singled out. What is the criteria for singling out players and coaches?

The obsession is him underestimating English football. In EPL, bad teams just don't lie down and let you beat them even if you re 2 or 3 goals up. (except if your name is Alex Ferguson)
Today is another proof of that. In EPL, teams fight and claw. There might be bad teams but ehrea re no easy games. There are no post champions league 4-nil victories.

_________________
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:03 pm
Posts: 14244
mastermind 17 wrote:
I have said it before and will repeat myself that EPL is very unforgiving. All these coaches at new clubs will find it tough. Pep inherited the best squad on paper in the EPL and he will not win that easily as he did in Germany and Spain. The money has also shifted and more teams can keep players longer and compete in the EPL. It will also be very difficult for Spanish giants to afford the best players when competing against top EPL teams. We will see end of the season, if any of the so called big coaches will turn things around and actually win the league

kajifu wrote:
femibyte wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

6 - Pep Guardiola has gone six games without a win for the first time in his managerial career. Slump.
OptaJoe



This ain't Spain or the Bundesliga son...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: When was the last time he won a game?
Has any top manager in the top league gone this number without a win? :rotf: :rotf:

But Ranieri won easily last season with Leicester (they won by 10 points) and Mourinho won it before January the previous year. Of course, you guys don't care about facts... :D

_________________
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27756
Vincent. wrote:
I don't understand this obsession with Guardiola. Is he the only foreign coach in the league? More than 70% of the players and the majority of the coaches in the league are foreign. The last time, it was Pellegrini who was singled out. What is the criteria for singling out players and coaches?

The obsession is the NDL brigade talking as if he'll win the EPL after the first 6 games.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47902
amafolas wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
I don't understand this obsession with Guardiola. Is he the only foreign coach in the league? More than 70% of the players and the majority of the coaches in the league are foreign. The last time, it was Pellegrini who was singled out. What is the criteria for singling out players and coaches?

The obsession is him underestimating English football. In EPL, bad teams just don't lie down and let you beat them even if you re 2 or 3 goals up. (except if your name is Alex Ferguson)
Today is another proof of that. In EPL, teams fight and claw. There might be bad teams but ehrea re no easy games. There are no post champions league 4-nil victories.


One developing facet of the EPL this season is how the CL clubs have dropped points the league games after. I have given the stats for CL team that have to play 3 games in 7 days immediately after the International break. So far this season we now know they have least least number of points.

With regards to games after the CL the Arsenal, Spuds game will also not alter the stat, this season, so far teams have recorded the lowest points after midweek CL games.

The bottomline is we have always known about the fight and tenacity of teams, but sports science now means these teams are just as fit as any top club, they also have the same quality scouts. When you add the fact that they enjoy more benefit due to extra EPL cash like keeping their best players. We should not be surprised at the results we are seeing in the EPL.

For me, Liverpool and Chelsea have an advantage this season for the title.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27756
Beat Barcelona just a few days ago and draw with Midds after. It can only be the Great EPL

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27756
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
I don't understand this obsession with Guardiola. Is he the only foreign coach in the league? More than 70% of the players and the majority of the coaches in the league are foreign. The last time, it was Pellegrini who was singled out. What is the criteria for singling out players and coaches?

The obsession is him underestimating English football. In EPL, bad teams just don't lie down and let you beat them even if you re 2 or 3 goals up. (except if your name is Alex Ferguson)
Today is another proof of that. In EPL, teams fight and claw. There might be bad teams but ehrea re no easy games. There are no post champions league 4-nil victories.


One developing facet of the EPL this season is how the CL clubs have dropped points the league games after. I have given the stats for CL team that have to play 3 games in 7 days immediately after the International break. So far this season we now know they have least least number of points.

With regards to games after the CL the Arsenal, Spuds game will also not alter the stat, this season, so far teams have recorded the lowest points after midweek CL games.

The bottomline is we have always known about the fight and tenacity of teams, but sports science now means these teams are just as fit as any top club, they also have the same quality scouts. When you add the fact that they enjoy more benefit due to extra EPL cash like keeping their best players. We should not be surprised at the results we are seeing in the EPL.

For me, Liverpool and Chelsea have an advantage this season for the title.

That is why I won't mind Spurs exiting the CL early. Top four will require all the advantage you can get. Man City have the money and a deep squad. Chelsea and Liverpool have a clear run. Goons have the experience. Spurs lack the dept, money and experience.
We need to focus on one, the EPL

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:03 pm
Posts: 14244
amafolas wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
I don't understand this obsession with Guardiola. Is he the only foreign coach in the league? More than 70% of the players and the majority of the coaches in the league are foreign. The last time, it was Pellegrini who was singled out. What is the criteria for singling out players and coaches?

The obsession is him underestimating English football. In EPL, bad teams just don't lie down and let you beat them even if you re 2 or 3 goals up. (except if your name is Alex Ferguson)
Today is another proof of that. In EPL, teams fight and claw. There might be bad teams but ehrea re no easy games. There are no post champions league 4-nil victories.

OK, so what? How does that justify the obsession with him and Pellegrini specifically? Why don't we see the same level of obsession with Klopp or Conte or Pochettino or Koeman?

This sounds like an expression of the EPL's inferiority complex: look, our league must be tough because a manager who has been in his post for three months cannot win every single match... So what? Bayern Munich dropped points again today, Atletico lost again, PSG is struggling. How about we open new threads to rejoice at how Ancelotti is learning about the toughness of the Bundesliga and Emery the toughness of the French league...
Quote:
There are no post champions league 4-nil victories

Is this the new yardstick for measuring the "toughness" of the EPL? Meanwhile, Chelsea is winning 4-0 with only 60 minutes gone...

_________________
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13296
Location: Here
pajimoh wrote:
Beat Barcelona just a few days ago and draw with Midds after. It can only be the Great EPL

It's not an EPL thing.
Beating Barcelona will drain most teams.

Nice try though.....

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:03 pm
Posts: 14244
Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Beat Barcelona just a few days ago and draw with Midds after. It can only be the Great EPL

It's not an EPL thing.
Beating Barcelona will drain most teams.

My brother, some of the logic is simply amazing. They will tell you that Aguero missed a sitter that would have ended the game because Aguero is finding the EPL too tough... :rotf:

_________________
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27756
Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Beat Barcelona just a few days ago and draw with Midds after. It can only be the Great EPL

It's not an EPL thing.
Beating Barcelona will drain most teams.

Nice try though.....

Look at this yeye football analyst :tic: So did they play Barcelona before getting yanshed by Spurs?

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27756
Vincent. wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Beat Barcelona just a few days ago and draw with Midds after. It can only be the Great EPL

It's not an EPL thing.
Beating Barcelona will drain most teams.

My brother, some of the logic is simply amazing. They will tell you that Aguero missed a sitter that would have ended the game because Aguero is finding the EPL too tough... :rotf:

Bro you're the one that lacked logic. Pep has been pegged back by teams even you would have put your mortgage on he's beat. We are talking about the most expensive squad with subs most teams would love to have in their first team. The fact is, in the EPL, you snooze you lose. You must come correct for 90 minutes plus added time

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:03 pm
Posts: 14244
Meanwhile, Conte's team is winning 5-0 against one of the so-called "seven title contenders." Is Conte not from a league that EPL pundits consider "dead"? How come his team is humiliating one of the solid teams in the "toughest" league?

_________________
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27756
Vincent. wrote:
Meanwhile, Conte's team is winning 5-0 against one of the so-called "seven title contenders." Is Conte not from a league that EPL pundits consider "dead"? How come his team is humiliating one of the solid teams in the "toughest" league?

so you now using Conte to bail out Pep? :rofl:
You're not listening. We keep saying, you need to bring your A game everytime, all the time. You snooze, you lose. Kai. The team in the bottom half can worry the top team. Nature of the beast

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:03 pm
Posts: 14244
pajimoh wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Beat Barcelona just a few days ago and draw with Midds after. It can only be the Great EPL

It's not an EPL thing.
Beating Barcelona will drain most teams.

My brother, some of the logic is simply amazing. They will tell you that Aguero missed a sitter that would have ended the game because Aguero is finding the EPL too tough... :rotf:

Bro you're the one that lacked logic. Pep has been pegged back by teams even you would have put your mortgage on he's beat. We are talking about the most expensive squad with subs most teams would love to have in their first team. The fact is, in the EPL, you snooze you lose. You must come correct for 90 minutes plus added time

What position does Pep play? Is he the one wearing the No. 10 shirt? Are we supposed to believe that Man City players don't understand how "tough" the EPL is, even though the majority of them have been there for years?

Let me understand the logic: a new manager comes to City, apparently he does not understand how "tough" the EPL is, therefore these players who have been at City for donkey years suddenly forget how "tough" the EPL is and concede a goal in the last minute... Great logic :rotf:

_________________
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cchinukw, Google [Bot], kalani JR, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group