Welcome to the EPL Señor Guardiola...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
femibyte
Egg
Egg
Welcome to the EPL Señor Guardiola...

Post by femibyte »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

6 - Pep Guardiola has gone six games without a win for the first time in his managerial career. Slump.
OptaJoe

This ain't Spain or the Bundesliga son...
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Welcome to the EPL Señor Guardiola...

Post by kajifu »

femibyte wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

6 - Pep Guardiola has gone six games without a win for the first time in his managerial career. Slump.
OptaJoe

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: When was the last time he won a game?
Has any top manager in the top league gone this number without a win? :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So Pelle win CC last year and Pep already out of the competition already?
Last edited by kajifu on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kajifu wrote:So Pelle win CC last year and jose already out of the competition already?
Come again?
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

The mugu he should go and beg Yahaya and buy him Christmas Cake add to his birthday cake. Now the excuse is he needs his players, make he go buy Messi
Oya back to the matter
open and close
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

green4life wrote:
kajifu wrote:So Pelle win CC last year and jose already out of the competition already?
Come again?
No mind me bros,Pep already out :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: .Make I edit am.Dam Pep might be one hell over hype coach.
I mean its like that Pedro people were shrining when he is not good like my boy Moses.Players like Iwobi if they play for Barca na world best the go dey fight with Messi
mastermind 17
Egg
Egg

Post by mastermind 17 »

I have said it before and will repeat myself that EPL is very unforgiving. All these coaches at new clubs will find it tough. Pep inherited the best squad on paper in the EPL and he will not win that easily as he did in Germany and Spain. The money has also shifted and more teams can keep players longer and compete in the EPL. It will also be very difficult for Spanish giants to afford the best players when competing against top EPL teams. We will see end of the season, if any of the so called big coaches will turn things around and actually win the league
kajifu wrote:

OptaJoe

Has any top manager in the top league gone this number without a win? :rotf: :rotf:
The Game Mastermind Has Spoken. May all that have understanding Listen!!
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

I don't understand this obsession with Guardiola. Is he the only foreign coach in the league? More than 70% of the players and the majority of the coaches in the league are foreign. The last time, it was Pellegrini who was singled out. What is the criteria for singling out players and coaches?
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Vincent. wrote:I don't understand this obsession with Guardiola. Is he the only foreign coach in the league? More than 70% of the players and the majority of the coaches in the league are foreign. The last time, it was Pellegrini who was singled out. What is the criteria for singling out players and coaches?
The obsession is him underestimating English football. In EPL, bad teams just don't lie down and let you beat them even if you re 2 or 3 goals up. (except if your name is Alex Ferguson)
Today is another proof of that. In EPL, teams fight and claw. There might be bad teams but ehrea re no easy games. There are no post champions league 4-nil victories.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

mastermind 17 wrote:I have said it before and will repeat myself that EPL is very unforgiving. All these coaches at new clubs will find it tough. Pep inherited the best squad on paper in the EPL and he will not win that easily as he did in Germany and Spain. The money has also shifted and more teams can keep players longer and compete in the EPL. It will also be very difficult for Spanish giants to afford the best players when competing against top EPL teams. We will see end of the season, if any of the so called big coaches will turn things around and actually win the league
kajifu wrote:

OptaJoe

But Ranieri won easily last season with Leicester (they won by 10 points) and Mourinho won it before January the previous year. Of course, you guys don't care about facts... :D
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Vincent. wrote:I don't understand this obsession with Guardiola. Is he the only foreign coach in the league? More than 70% of the players and the majority of the coaches in the league are foreign. The last time, it was Pellegrini who was singled out. What is the criteria for singling out players and coaches?
The obsession is the NDL brigade talking as if he'll win the EPL after the first 6 games.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
The obsession is him underestimating English football. In EPL, bad teams just don't lie down and let you beat them even if you re 2 or 3 goals up. (except if your name is Alex Ferguson)
Today is another proof of that. In EPL, teams fight and claw. There might be bad teams but ehrea re no easy games. There are no post champions league 4-nil victories.
One developing facet of the EPL this season is how the CL clubs have dropped points the league games after. I have given the stats for CL team that have to play 3 games in 7 days immediately after the International break. So far this season we now know they have least least number of points.

With regards to games after the CL the Arsenal, Spuds game will also not alter the stat, this season, so far teams have recorded the lowest points after midweek CL games.

The bottomline is we have always known about the fight and tenacity of teams, but sports science now means these teams are just as fit as any top club, they also have the same quality scouts. When you add the fact that they enjoy more benefit due to extra EPL cash like keeping their best players. We should not be surprised at the results we are seeing in the EPL.

For me, Liverpool and Chelsea have an advantage this season for the title.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Beat Barcelona just a few days ago and draw with Midds after. It can only be the Great EPL
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
One developing facet of the EPL this season is how the CL clubs have dropped points the league games after. I have given the stats for CL team that have to play 3 games in 7 days immediately after the International break. So far this season we now know they have least least number of points.

With regards to games after the CL the Arsenal, Spuds game will also not alter the stat, this season, so far teams have recorded the lowest points after midweek CL games.

The bottomline is we have always known about the fight and tenacity of teams, but sports science now means these teams are just as fit as any top club, they also have the same quality scouts. When you add the fact that they enjoy more benefit due to extra EPL cash like keeping their best players. We should not be surprised at the results we are seeing in the EPL.

For me, Liverpool and Chelsea have an advantage this season for the title.
That is why I won't mind Spurs exiting the CL early. Top four will require all the advantage you can get. Man City have the money and a deep squad. Chelsea and Liverpool have a clear run. Goons have the experience. Spurs lack the dept, money and experience.
We need to focus on one, the EPL
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

amafolas wrote:
OK, so what? How does that justify the obsession with him and Pellegrini specifically? Why don't we see the same level of obsession with Klopp or Conte or Pochettino or Koeman?

This sounds like an expression of the EPL's inferiority complex: look, our league must be tough because a manager who has been in his post for three months cannot win every single match... So what? Bayern Munich dropped points again today, Atletico lost again, PSG is struggling. How about we open new threads to rejoice at how Ancelotti is learning about the toughness of the Bundesliga and Emery the toughness of the French league...
There are no post champions league 4-nil victories
Is this the new yardstick for measuring the "toughness" of the EPL? Meanwhile, Chelsea is winning 4-0 with only 60 minutes gone...

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:Beat Barcelona just a few days ago and draw with Midds after. It can only be the Great EPL
It's not an EPL thing.
Beating Barcelona will drain most teams.

Nice try though.....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Beat Barcelona just a few days ago and draw with Midds after. It can only be the Great EPL
It's not an EPL thing.
My brother, some of the logic is simply amazing. They will tell you that Aguero missed a sitter that would have ended the game because Aguero is finding the EPL too tough... :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:
It's not an EPL thing.

Nice try though.....
Look at this yeye football analyst :tic: So did they play Barcelona before getting yanshed by Spurs?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Vincent. wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
It's not an EPL thing.
My brother, some of the logic is simply amazing. They will tell you that Aguero missed a sitter that would have ended the game because Aguero is finding the EPL too tough... :rotf:
Bro you're the one that lacked logic. Pep has been pegged back by teams even you would have put your mortgage on he's beat. We are talking about the most expensive squad with subs most teams would love to have in their first team. The fact is, in the EPL, you snooze you lose. You must come correct for 90 minutes plus added time
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Meanwhile, Conte's team is winning 5-0 against one of the so-called "seven title contenders." Is Conte not from a league that EPL pundits consider "dead"? How come his team is humiliating one of the solid teams in the "toughest" league?

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Vincent. wrote:Meanwhile, Conte's team is winning 5-0 against one of the so-called "seven title contenders." Is Conte not from a league that EPL pundits consider "dead"? How come his team is humiliating one of the solid teams in the "toughest" league?
so you now using Conte to bail out Pep? :rofl:
You're not listening. We keep saying, you need to bring your A game everytime, all the time. You snooze, you lose. Kai. The team in the bottom half can worry the top team. Nature of the beast
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

pajimoh wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
It's not an EPL thing.
Bro you're the one that lacked logic. Pep has been pegged back by teams even you would have put your mortgage on he's beat. We are talking about the most expensive squad with subs most teams would love to have in their first team. The fact is, in the EPL, you snooze you lose. You must come correct for 90 minutes plus added time
What position does Pep play? Is he the one wearing the No. 10 shirt? Are we supposed to believe that Man City players don't understand how "tough" the EPL is, even though the majority of them have been there for years?

Let me understand the logic: a new manager comes to City, apparently he does not understand how "tough" the EPL is, therefore these players who have been at City for donkey years suddenly forget how "tough" the EPL is and concede a goal in the last minute... Great logic :rotf: