Welcome to the EPL Señor Guardiola...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Welcome to the EPL Señor Guardiola...

Post by tfco »

Welcome to the EPL Señor Guardiola...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
Vincent. wrote:I don't understand this obsession with Guardiola. Is he the only foreign coach in the league? More than 70% of the players and the majority of the coaches in the league are foreign. The last time, it was Pellegrini who was singled out. What is the criteria for singling out players and coaches?
The obsession is the NDL brigade talking as if he'll win the EPL after the first 6 games.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

the basic premise of the thread which NDL'ers have tried their best to shy from.

lol

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Zee, what do you think of this...? :D

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kofi86 wrote:Table after 11 games (more or less as Liverpool is still playing, but leading 5-0 [no easy game though])

1. Liverpool 27 points
2. Chelsea 25 points
3. City 24 points
4. Arsenal 24 points

Spain after 10/11 games:

1. Real Madrid 27 points
2. Barcelona 22 points (after 10 games)
3. Atletico 21 points
4. Sevilla 21 points (after 10 games)

Germany after 10 games (Leipzig still playing, leading 3-0)
1. Bayern 24 points
2. Leipzig 24 points
3. Hoffenheim 20 points
4. Hertha 20 points

Please explain this to me. EPL is so tough, yet the teams at the top of the table average more points their Spanish and German counterparts.
My brother, your numbers are inaccurate. Liverpool doesn't have 27pts. Barca has 25pts.etc. The top team in Spain has more points than Liverpool. What's your point really?

What it is is folks are taking things unnecessarily personal. The Epl vs La Liga groups have taken over the asylum. Pep is a great manager. Nothing will affect that. But there are others managing in England that are just as good. Personally, I feel like this thread exists to pull the legs of folks like Vincent. Let it go bro.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:Zee, what do you think of this...? :D

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you no well
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
kofi86 wrote:Table after 11 games (more or less as Liverpool is still playing, but leading 5-0 [no easy game though])

1. Liverpool 27 points
2. Chelsea 25 points
3. City 24 points
4. Arsenal 24 points

Spain after 10/11 games:

1. Real Madrid 27 points
3. Atletico 21 points

1. Bayern 24 points
2. Leipzig 24 points
3. Hoffenheim 20 points
4. Hertha 20 points

Please explain this to me. EPL is so tough, yet the teams at the top of the table average more points their Spanish and German counterparts.
My brother, your numbers are inaccurate. Liverpool doesn't have 27pts. Barca has 25pts.etc. The top team in Spain has more points than Liverpool. What's your point really?

What it is is folks are taking things unnecessarily personal. The Epl vs La Liga groups have taken over the asylum. Pep is a great manager. Nothing will affect that. But there are others managing in England that are just as good. Personally, I feel like this thread exists to pull the legs of folks like Vincent. Let it go bro.
It is ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

green4life wrote:

1. Liverpool 27 points
2. Chelsea 25 points
3. City 24 points
4. Arsenal 24 points

Spain after 10/11 games:

1. Real Madrid 27 points
3. Atletico 21 points

1. Bayern 24 points
2. Leipzig 24 points
3. Hoffenheim 20 points
4. Hertha 20 points

1) Liverpool was a mistake, they have indeed only 26 points. Thanks for the correction!
2) My post was made before the Sevilla - Barcelona game. They had 22 points before that game. I even stated that they had only played 10 games at that point.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The YeyeMan wrote:Zee, what do you think of this...? :D

:lol: :lol: Welcome to the KFL
http://www.naijiant.com/
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NDL'ers take things so personal

I love how he is basing his 'competitiveness' using stats from 25%_of_this_season

na today we begin tok say that league is Playstation? mcchew

When The UAE Project Manager started last season in the Crappasliga 10 games unbeaten they didn't say shyte - started EPL on a 6-game winning streak dem dey tok nyafu nyafu.

Since then he's played Kompany up top (a la Big Sam) and set a record for biggest loss under the Sheik.

w e l c o m e

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Vincent. wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Vincent. wrote:Meanwhile, Conte's team is winning 5-0 against one of the so-called "seven title contenders." Is Conte not from a league that EPL pundits consider "dead"? How come his team is humiliating one of the solid teams in the "toughest" league?
so you now using Conte to bail out Pep? :rofl:
You're not listening. We keep saying, you need to bring your A game everytime, all the time. You snooze, you lose. Kai. The team in the bottom half can worry the top team. Nature of the beast
Why not Conte? He is also new to the sooooooooo "tough" EPL. What is good for the goose is good for the gander :rotf:
Conte is finding the EPL sooooooo "tough" that he has racked up a 5-0 scoreline in 75 minutes and substituted his best players. This against one of the top EPL teams. :rotf:
bro, you're all over the place. The fact id this is not Barcelona. He'll have to earn his corn, including Xmas time when they are eating Turkey in Spain. The good thing is he's lost all his hair before he arrived in the EPL. Lets see about his sanity :tic:
Thank God Conte won today or you'll have nothing to say and even he would have realized that the EPL is not an easy place.
Yes, Conte exposed the flawed logic behind the soooooooooo "tough" EPL.
Just like Pellegrini exposed it by being the best performing coach during his time in England.
Just like Ranieri exposed it by coaching Leicester's relegation fodders to win the league by 10 points despite not being able to win anywhere else in his long career.
Just like Mourinho exposed it by winning the league before January
Just like Ferguson exposed it by winning like 11 out of the first 15 EPL titles.

The EPL is soooooooo "tough." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
How do managers expose the toughness or not of a league? Is it by paperwork? Or by exposing the players or the FA?

Or maybe they exposed themselves as managers. Didn't Pellegrini play against all the other managers you mentioned? Didn't Mourinho, Conte, Ranieri, Ferguson etc do likewise by playing against each other repeatedly?

How did Pellegrini become the best coach during his time, as you claimed? By beating the other coaches you mentioned but somehow Pellegrini and all the coaches who who lost to him exposed the toughness or not of the EPL? Just like Conte who to Arsenal and Liverpool suddenly exposes the EPL.

How do coaches playing against themselves losing to themselves end up exposing that the perceived toughness of the a league is non existent? I don't understand your logic.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

green4life wrote:

1. Liverpool 27 points
2. Chelsea 25 points
3. City 24 points
4. Arsenal 24 points

Spain after 10/11 games:

1. Real Madrid 27 points
3. Atletico 21 points

1. Bayern 24 points
2. Leipzig 24 points
3. Hoffenheim 20 points
4. Hertha 20 points

Chief, it is not a fight. I am just having fun with it. The bottom line is that our EPL fans are relentless in their effort to prove that the EPL is the best. People like me enjoy debunking every new reason they put out to justify their claims. :D

For the past 3-4 years, the reason why the EPL is supposed to be the best is its "toughness" and "intensity," so our friends pick on any new manager coming from the "easy" leagues, beginning with Pellegrini. Now, it is the turn of Guardiola, Klopp, and Conte.

Even journalists are doing this. Journalists have pestered Guardiola with this same question every time his team drops points. This weekend, he was forced to "confess" at a news conference that the EPL is "tough" because journalists kept petering him with the same question every weekend. They keep telling him that Man City is his biggest challenge, that the EPL is more intense and tougher than every league he has worked in. He keeps disagreeing with them, but they keep asking him the same questions. It's insane
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

anointed wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Vincent. wrote:Meanwhile, Conte's team is winning 5-0 against one of the so-called "seven title contenders." Is Conte not from a league that EPL pundits consider "dead"? How come his team is humiliating one of the solid teams in the "toughest" league?
so you now using Conte to bail out Pep? :rofl:
You're not listening. We keep saying, you need to bring your A game everytime, all the time. You snooze, you lose. Kai. The team in the bottom half can worry the top team. Nature of the beast
Why not Conte? He is also new to the sooooooooo "tough" EPL. What is good for the goose is good for the gander :rotf:
Conte is finding the EPL sooooooo "tough" that he has racked up a 5-0 scoreline in 75 minutes and substituted his best players. This against one of the top EPL teams. :rotf:
bro, you're all over the place. The fact id this is not Barcelona. He'll have to earn his corn, including Xmas time when they are eating Turkey in Spain. The good thing is he's lost all his hair before he arrived in the EPL. Lets see about his sanity :tic:
Thank God Conte won today or you'll have nothing to say and even he would have realized that the EPL is not an easy place.
Yes, Conte exposed the flawed logic behind the soooooooooo "tough" EPL.
Just like Pellegrini exposed it by being the best performing coach during his time in England.
Just like Ranieri exposed it by coaching Leicester's relegation fodders to win the league by 10 points despite not being able to win anywhere else in his long career.
Just like Mourinho exposed it by winning the league before January
Just like Ferguson exposed it by winning like 11 out of the first 15 EPL titles.

The EPL is soooooooo "tough." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
How do managers expose the toughness or not of a league? Is it by paperwork? Or by exposing the players or the FA?

Or maybe they exposed themselves as managers. Didn't Pellegrini play against all the other managers you mentioned? Didn't Mourinho, Conte, Ranieri, Ferguson etc do likewise by playing against each other repeatedly?

How did Pellegrini become the best coach during his time, as you claimed? By beating the other coaches you mentioned but somehow Pellegrini and all the coaches who who lost to him exposed the toughness or not of the EPL? Just like Conte who to Arsenal and Liverpool suddenly exposes the EPL.

How do coaches playing against themselves losing to themselves end up exposing that the perceived toughness of the a league is non existent? I don't understand your logic.
Chief, that is is a question to EPL fans who target specific coaches from "easy" leagues. They are the ones making the claim that coaches from "easy" leagues are finding the EPL tough. Hence, this particular thread. My argument is specifically that the supposed toughness of a league has no effect on a manager because it is the players who play and not the managers. I am laughing at the idea that coaches find the EPL tough. That is why I am having fun with these types of threads. It is sarcasm at the expense of EPL fanboys.

People picked on Pellegrini because he came from La Liga and therefore, he was supposed to find the EPL tough. Same with Klopp and now Guardiola because they came from the "easy" Bundesliga. The idea is that they are supposed to find the EPL tougher than the Bundesliga. They opened a thread welcoming Pellegrini to the EPL and explicitly stated that he would find it tougher than the "easy" La Liga.

Pellegrini won more trophies and more titles than any EPL coach during his time in the EPL. His team also broke goal-scoring records and went farther in the Champions League than any other coach during his time. All the information is available in the Pellegrini thread
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

tfco wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NDL'ers take things so personal

I love how he is basing his 'competitiveness' using stats from 25%_of_this_season

na today we begin tok say that league is Playstation? mcchew

When The UAE Project Manager started last season in the Crappasliga 10 games unbeaten they didn't say shyte - started EPL on a 6-game winning streak dem dey tok nyafu nyafu.

Since then he's played Kompany up top (a la Big Sam) and set a record for biggest loss under the Sheik.

w e l c o m e
On the contrary, it is not personal. It is fun. We are laughing at you guys for constantly making one ridiculous claim after another to prove that the EPL is the best.

First you claim the EPL was the best because they score fewer goals (hence you coined the NDL term), when that was debunked the reason became the "tightness" of the league table, then it was the "excitement," then the "drama," and now the focus is on coaches. I enjoy debunking these claims, nothing more :D

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Guardiola: Premier League the toughest, are you happy? :D
http://mtnfootball.com/news/662153/Guar ... -you-happy
Monday Nov 07, 2016. 00:30

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola made feigned exasperation in the face of familiar questions on the back of his team's latest Premier League setback.

City were held to a 1-1 draw for a third home league game in succession after Middlesbrough's Marten de Roon headed home in stoppage time to cancel out Sergio Aguero's first-half opener on Saturday.

Guardiola's men dominated before the break, but faded during the second period, as the demands of England's top flight appeared to catch up with them following Tuesday's stirring 3-1 Champions League win over Barcelona.

Questions over the toughness and intensity of the Premier League compared to LaLiga and the Bundesliga have been a regular theme of the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss' media briefings since becoming City manager and he tried to land the first blow in his latest encounter with reporters.

"You are going to say it's the hardest league in the world - every time you are waiting on that," said the animated 45-year-old.

"I tell you it's the hardest, you have to be so proud! The Premier League is the most difficult league, are you happy?
" :D

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

@Vincent, the press likes to find pressure points in managers and light their arse under fire and guage the reaction. José is a classic example tho it's mostly self inflicted wounds but others like klopp, Conte and managers battling relegation or other underperforming managers get the treatment. The bigger the fish, the more the efforts by the press to destabilize the manager. As long as Pep understands the game at play he'll avoid the traps.

The press wants to further the narrative that Pep only won due to barca /Messi and Bayern domination in Germany but the truth is he deserved the accolades due to the work he's done with those teams and the impact in said clubs. Point being that he'll be fine in England as long as he doesn't fall into the media mind games. They can be relentless.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Vincent. wrote: First you claim the EPL was the best because they score fewer goals (hence you coined the NDL term), when that was debunked the reason became the "tightness" of the league table, then it was the "excitement," then the "drama," and now the focus is on coaches. I enjoy debunking these claims, nothing more :D
tightness, excitement, drama - those are all subjective.

As for NDL, there are facts to prove it on a weekly basis

p.s - focus has been on ONE coach. Read the thread title again. It mentions ONE coach

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

green4life wrote:@Vincent, the press likes to find pressure points in managers and light their arse under fire and guage the reaction. José is a classic example tho it's mostly self inflicted wounds but others like klopp, Conte and managers battling relegation or other underperforming managers get the treatment. The bigger the fish, the more the efforts by the press to destabilize the manager. As long as Pep understands the game at play he'll avoid the traps.
:clap: :clap:

well said

The English press vs LVG <-- Vincent, for you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Champions are back... Pep is the unwilling recipient of their wrath.

The Best League. Where's Yujuam and the NDL shriners be at ??
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

femibyte wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Champions are back... Pep is the unwilling recipient of their wrath.

The Best League. Where's Yujuam and the NDL shriners be at ??
Is City's Pep or Barca's Pep playing today? EPL is still a notch below La Liga when it comes to the quality of the games.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Pelegrini better pass pep
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Holla Senor Guardiola, bienvenidos
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

EPL has no respect for managers
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

The press is part of the toughness of the EPL. Folks gotta remember this.