Etoo'l is a Nigerian ????

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
Etoo'l is a Nigerian ????

Post by VINDAVE »

Infact, after watching yesterday match - the Lions of Cameroun and the Algerians, I was quick to say like Zagallo said of Oga (Jay Jay) that Eto ought to've been a Nigerian... his play lacks all the ruggeness and roughness of the camerounians, he has all the skills, good ball control with good reflexes, knows how to swave and dribbles and has pace too. He reminds me of so many good Nigerian players old and new. The only thing that bothers me about the 22 years old boy is that he seems to be very generous in front of goal post at times, and that makes him a CAMEROUNIAN.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

To conclude my view, I don't see Cameroun getting to the next stage going by the way they played yesterday unless there is a better change of tactics.
Last edited by VINDAVE on Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Eto'o will indeed get roung his wastefulness in front of goal. I agree with you Vindave, he is not only Cameroon's best player, he is so Nigerian in the way he plays.

Traditionally, we have always know Cameroonian players to be wrestlers and judokas first and footballers second. Eto'o, Abega, Milla and Mfede, are the exceptions to the rule.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Watch Eto'O get hattrick against Zimbabwe.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Ayo, and Traditionally they apart from Etoo'l showed that they are real Camerounians yesterday. And sorry to say pls. I hate Song for his intentional handling of the ball inside the 18yds box yesterday and I could Cruxfd the Ref for purposely allowing play on too.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

omey2k4 wrote:Watch Eto'O get hattrick against Zimbabwe.
Omey, it will be difficult for Eto to get upto two goals against the Zimbabwe players... they are not special but they are far better than their fellow debutant Rwanda. Their Defence is also better than that of the Algerians in my view.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I am sick and tired of the stereotyping of the IL on this forum. Their play yesterday had everything, save for the finishing, and yet people insist on making assessments from flawed memory!
How anyone can conclude from the match that Cameroon will not qualify stumps me... I mean what manner of ignorance is this....
Suddenly Olofinjana is this great passer of the ball, better than Djemba and Mbami put together. This for a player who is unproven in Europe and Africa, and who may likely not start for Nigeria!
Men, I tire 4 una crap.....
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

txj wrote:I am sick and tired of the stereotyping of the IL on this forum. Their play yesterday everything, save for the finishing, and yet people insist on making assessments from flawed memory!
How anyone can conclude from the match that Cameroon will not qualify stumps me... I mean what manner of ignorance is this....
Suddenly Olofinjana is this great passer of the ball, better than Djemba and Mbami put together. This for a player who is unproven in Europe and Africa, and who may likely not start for Nigeria!
Our turn dey reach tommorow E no too far.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Etoo'l is a Nigerian ????

Post by YUJAM »

Vindave:
With all due respect, man! Cameroon has produced their fare share of skillful players over the years.

For you to suggest anything else is dishonest and unfair to the greatest football nation in Africa, Cameroon!
VINDAVE wrote:Infact, after watching yesterday match - the Lions of Cameroun and the Algerians, I was quick to say like Zagallo said of Oga (Jay Jay) that Eto ought to've been a Nigerian... his play lacks all the ruggeness and roughness of the camerounians, he has all the skills, good ball control with good reflexes, knows how to swave and dribbles and has pace too. He reminds me of so many good Nigerian players old and new. The only thing that bothers me about the 22 years old boy is that he seems to be very generous in front of goal post at times, and that makes him a CAMEROUNIAN.
Last edited by YUJAM on Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

txj wrote:I am sick and tired of the stereotyping of the IL on this forum. Their play yesterday had everything, save for the finishing, and yet people insist on making assessments from flawed memory!
txj, cool down, we all watched the match, that squad is not the real Cameroun - THE LIONS we used to know unless something change against their next opponents they will be facing some serious trouble. Remember, in their next match, they will:

--under serious pressure.

--that gives some rooms to the Zimbabwe

--the Zimbabwe too are ready to kill a giant Lion

--this Zimbabwe players has nothing to worry about - just coming to make impact, so they said anyway.

--they play some good physical football too and not afriad to get into 18yard box.

--beside, they have a very good keeper, my ANC best keeper for now (going by the five matches i have watch).

--and after this Zimbabwe, Egypt will be ready waiting for Cameroun to play a die-hard game.

--and finally, Song and his defence will find it so difficult against the Egyptian strikers.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

YUJAM wrote:Vindave:
With all due respect, man! Cameroon has produced their fare share of skillful players over the years.

For you to suggest anything else is dishonest and unfair to the greatest football nation in Africa, Cameroon!
VINDAVE wrote:Infact, after watching yesterday match - the Lions of Cameroun and the Algerians, I was quick to say like Zagallo said of Oga (Jay Jay) that Eto ought to've been a Nigerian... his play lacks all the ruggeness and roughness of the camerounians, he has all the skills, good ball control with good reflexes, knows how to swave and dribbles and has pace too. He reminds me of so many good Nigerian players old and new. The only thing that bothers me about the 22 years old boy is that he seems to be very generous in front of goal post at times, and that makes him a CAMEROUNIAN.
YUJAM, unless you are misinterpreting my mind, i have never disrespected the LIONS, I am only admiring one of their players - i have always respected some of their players in the past i.e. Rodger Miller, d Makanakis, even Mboma I will never forget is bicycle kick against France. - 1-1. after they won the olympic gold in sydney.
Last edited by VINDAVE on Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

yep, from what i saw, he is nigerian :mrgreen:
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

YUJAM wrote:Vindave:

Thank u very much Yujam
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Eto is a common name in Akwa Ibom and Cross River state. Cameroon showed class yesterday. Anyone who analyses the match with scientific detachment should acknowledge that Cameroon were too good. Algeria strictly followed the script. They sent one extra man forward when they were down and as soon they equalised they closed shop. They just stole one point which is very crucial. I can now declare with familiar aplomb that Cameroon will Crush Zimbabue and Egypt. Cameroon and Algeria are now favoured to qualify from this group.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Elexus wrote:Eto is a common name in Akwa Ibom and Cross River state. Cameroon showed class yesterday. Anyone who analyses the match with scientific detachment should acknowledge that Cameroon were too good. Algeria strictly followed the script. They sent one extra man forward when they were down and as soon they equalised they closed shop. They just stole one point which is very crucial. I can now declare with familiar aplomb that Cameroon will Crush Zimbabue and Egypt. Cameroon and Algeria are now favoured to qualify from this group.
I see Egypt qualifying ahead of Algeria though futbor is not maths.
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

I think Algeria are good enough to draw or beat Egypt. Algeria will definitely beat Zimbabue. That should give them 5 points. I do not see Egypt beating or drawing Cameroon. I will faint if any team beats Cameroon and eliminate them. I want only Nigeria to beat them and exorcise this jinx once and for all.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Elexus wrote:I think Algeria are good enough to draw or beat Egypt. Algeria will definitely beat Zimbabue. That should give them 5 points. I do not see Egypt beating or drawing Cameroon. I will faint if any team beats Cameroon and eliminate them. I want only Nigeria to beat them and exorcise this jinx once and for all.
Has it really become a JINX, I thought it was broken in ABUJA (LG CUP FINAL). 3-0 against 9 lions sha.... so the real deal is yet to come.
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Eto'o will indeed get roung his wastefulness in front of goal. I agree with you Vindave, he is not only Cameroon's best player, he is so Nigerian in the way he plays.

Traditionally, we have always know Cameroonian players to be wrestlers and judokas first and footballers second. Eto'o, Abega, Milla and Mfede, are the exceptions to the rule.
Geez Ayo. I guess even your thin veil of objectivity is out now. You hold yourself out to be a serious football analyst. Try and resist that silly opiate of caricaturizing football. We have enough of them types already.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mbape wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Eto'o will indeed get roung his wastefulness in front of goal. I agree with you Vindave, he is not only Cameroon's best player, he is so Nigerian in the way he plays.

Geez Ayo. I guess even your thin veil of objectivity is out now. You hold yourself out to be a serious football analyst. Try and resist that silly opiate of caricaturizing football. We have enough of them types already.
Lighten up Mbape, we have to enjoy ourselves as well. Do not let the tension get to you my broda. Dis soccer fever na wa!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cameroon under pressure ?, geez i will be worried if they are, because that is when true Lions come out devouring their prey. Common guys you all make me laugh, in competitions like this you are very careful with your first match, the most important thing is not to loose the first match , that will be putting urself under real pressure.
Dont expect anything spectacular in the qualifying rounds, it is played like leaguse, the idea being to pick points to qualify, ofcourse you always need that first match to get into the groove.
As for ma country country pple laughing at Cameroon, mmmm i will be very careful o, moreso when we are even yet to take to the pitch.
I see people rating naija based on our past performance rather than current form, that is folly folly upon folly. As tommorrow dey draw near na im fear dey catch me small because my Camerronian brothers wont spare us if we fail to raise our game above theirs.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Finally the true Ayo comes out. A leopard never hides its spots no matter how hard it tries.

Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .