Fenerbahce 2 - Man U 1 FT (Sow, Lens, Rooney)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fenerbahce 2 - Man U 1 FT (Sow, Lens, Rooney)

Post by wanaj0 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:He keeps locking himself onto players who disapppont and he cannot work around that lock.. The man is past it abeg...
He needs to play his best players.

Insist on playing players who are not helping the team win. Same ish he pulled at Chelsea.
Players are fine, this is a very good, very deep squad. This is still a team that can excel if Mourinho stops being such a narcissistic spectacle.

Mourinho of Porto, first tenure at Chelsea, @ Inter was not simply elite tactically, but he was manager whose players would lay their lives on the line for him. He was an inspiration, he was a master of building the 'Us against the World" mindset. Mourinho players at Porto, 1st tenure @ Chelsea and @ inter adored Mourinho.

That Mourinho did not toss his players under the bus in such consistent, public fashion, he would take on officials, FA, managers but he backed his players full stop. Since his tenure at Real Madrid Mourinho seems a scared man. He's become paranoid, ultra sensitive, lacks self awareness, his once cool arrogance has lost out to irrational anger. From players to trainers everyone is a target, everyone is would be enemy.

Mourinho is in last chance saloon territory, flop with this Man Utd team and he is the next Louis Van Gaal.
At Porto, Chelsea and Inter, he had players with something to prove. Hence it was easy for them to do anything for him. The motivation was there for those players to perform. He easily created a us against them.

At Real, situation was similar in that Real was chasing CL and trying to upstage Barca. It worked until it was affecting the National team. players who were friends became enemies! So there was an intervention. That was the beginning of the problem.

When he returned to Chelsea, situation was different. Teams were playing scared of him but the problem was care. His average players thought they are world beaters. He was depending on players who did not see the need to put in the extra effort.

Man U is worse. Depending on players with nothing to prove and not able to bench. He need to look for another way to motivate the players. This may be the end of his coaching career.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

2 possible reasons for the Mou meltdown at Madrid - the 5-0 humiliation and the pressure at Madrid. El Presidente said the club was too big for Borinho. This is a club where there are up to 5 exclusively sports dailies reporting your every move, hundreds of journos turn up at every training session, politics, etc. Varane said he was shocked when he arrived at Madrid for the first time from France and there were about 400 people waiting at the airport at 4am - and this was a teenager.
http://www.naijiant.com/
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Again not about quality, this is a extremely talented Man Utd team, a team full of players that have produced on the biggest stages but....there is zero cohesion, zero chemistry, zero leadership , zero confidence, zero unity.

When you have a narcissist manager who was run out of Chelsea in such an disgraceful fashion yet again tossing players under the bus after every poor result it's almost impossible for team with such high ceiling to produce results.
But look at that defence that started yesterday, it's a makeshift.

Paul Scholes reckons Mourinho nerds 3 more transfer windows to get things totally right.
I agree with that, Jose overestimated the quality of that team.

Scholes also thinks it may be 2 more years of pain under Mourinho :atc:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote:

Paul Scholes reckons Mourinho nerds 3 more transfer windows to get things totally right.

He loses - players' fault. He wins - it is b/c of him.

How about Manure overestimated the quality of the coach??? What is the job of a coach? It is to improve the quality of team he has available. Yeah, we all know this includes buying, but we should also expect improvements in the players at his disposal and not regression.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote:
benteke wrote:

He loses - players' fault. He wins - it is b/c of him.

How about Manure overestimated the quality of the coach??? What is the job of a coach? It is to improve the quality of team he has available. Yeah, we all know this includes buying, but we should also expect improvements in the players at his disposal and not regression.

I am not saying he is blameless.

I agree with you, the fact that the team is not good quality is down to him and Ed Woodward because they had all summer transfer window to make it a strong team, but they only came up with 4 players, including 89m on Pogba.

It's true he has not improved most of the players, but honestly i am seeing a lot of what i was seeing under Van Gaal.

Let me ask, do you think another good coach could win the EPL with this squad ?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote: Let me ask, do you think another good coach could win the EPL with this squad ?
The squad Fergie won the EPL with and with 11 points to spare was worse. Leicester had a worse squad as well.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote:
benteke wrote: Let me ask, do you think another good coach could win the EPL with this squad ?
The squad Fergie won the EPL with and with 11 points to spare was worse. Leicester had a worse squad as well.
Ferguson's squad was underrated.
For that time it was good, it was better than its rivals in the EPL, the previous season it only missed the title on goal difference.

I can agree on Leicester but many think it was a very rare event :biggrin:

This season competition is fierce, i don't think this squad is capable of challenging.
But i may be proved wrong, football can be unpredictable.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

:lol: :lol: You know you are shite when they start likening you to the Daura Dullard.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

platinum wrote:Hmm Jose says he passed all his knowledge and experience to the players but they've let him down.
at least he is being honest. It just seems he doesn't have near enough knowledge
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:He keeps locking himself onto players who disapppont and he cannot work around that lock.. The man is past it abeg...
He needs to play his best players.

Insist on playing players who are not helping the team win. Same ish he pulled at Chelsea.
Players are fine, this is a very good, very deep squad. This is still a team that can excel if Mourinho stops being such a narcissistic spectacle.

Mourinho of Porto, first tenure at Chelsea, @ Inter was not simply elite tactically, but he was manager whose players would lay their lives on the line for him. He was an inspiration, he was a master of building the 'Us against the World" mindset. Mourinho players at Porto, 1st tenure @ Chelsea and @ inter adored Mourinho.

That Mourinho did not toss his players under the bus in such consistent, public fashion, he would take on officials, FA, managers but he backed his players full stop. Since his tenure at Real Madrid Mourinho seems a scared man. He's become paranoid, ultra sensitive, lacks self awareness, his once cool arrogance has lost out to irrational anger. From players to trainers everyone is a target, everyone is would be enemy.

Mourinho is in last chance saloon territory, flop with this Man Utd team and he is the next Louis Van Gaal.
he would be worse than Louis Van Gaal. Everyone tolerates an #$%@^&* who wins. People will even tolerate a nice guy who isn't winning. No one wants an #$%@^&* that isn't winning.

Something at Madrid destroyed Mourinho. He tried to install that "us against the world" mentality at Real. How do you convince a team of proud super stars that they are undervalued underdogs and they should play accordingly. The players didn't buy in, locker room problems erupted. He really should have taken a sabbatical after leaving Chelsea last year.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

benteke wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Ferguson's squad was underrated.
For that time it was good, it was better than its rivals in the EPL, the previous season it only missed the title on goal difference.

I can agree on Leicester but many think it was a very rare event :biggrin:

This season competition is fierce, i don't think this squad is capable of challenging.
But i may be proved wrong, football can be unpredictable.
well first Ferguson always had ref-assisted wins.
then fellow-coaches assisted wins.

But for real though, Ferguson's teams always had the balance right between talented superstars and very reliable squad players. Ferguson was also a superb motivator. He didn't need gimmicks like "us against the world" to get players to play for him. You play for Ferguson, you play your hearts out or you get shipped out, no matter how big you are.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The knives are out for José from the usual suspects. But what I find amusing is an arsenal fan questioning José overall competence as a manager in spite of his winning league titles in Portugal, England, Italy, Spain and just only TWO short years ago in England. Now that's comical stuff.

All this story about Jose being changed after real Madrid is balony because the facts don't support it. Year 1 of his second tenure at CFC, Jose took a squad that finished 20pts out of first to challenge for the title only falling short 2 games to the end and also came within a second leg home result against athletic Madrid from playing in another CL final. Year 2 (two years ago) we saw what happened - unprecedented wire to wire top of the table record clinching title. Things went wrong after winning the league. Perhaps it felt a bit easy and got to his head. Whatever issue he had last season is still unresolved bit it has nothing to do with Madrid or him being a narcissistic manager.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I am sorry to say...out man Jose has lost the plot and swagger! All that is needed is for Wenger to nail the coffin by beating him finally. But if Wenger cannot beat him ,then perhaps there is still life left in Jose
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

1) Zlatan is as stationary as a statue.

2) Rooney is slow and ponderous but still have a world class finish in him. Perhaps play him as a CF?

3) Rashford is being played too much and Mourinho risks burning out this young talent.

4) Why do Man Utd insist on playing their most important player in the competition which is their lowest priority? Now he is injured - potentially for more important games/competitions.

5) Rojo has the worst distribution of any player I have ever seen at Man Utd. Shocking to think he played in a World Cup final. :shock: To think that Man Utd got rid of Michael Keane so they could pay 15 million AND loan Nani to Sporting for a year for free while paying his 120K a week wages. :oops:

6) No Carrick yesterday. Hopefully that means he will play this weekend.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Jose Mourinho ain't nothing but an interpreter that got lucky. I he wants to prove his mettle, let him follow Rafa Benitez to the Championship. Much respect to Rafa!!!!
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Thunder wrote:Jose Mourinho ain't nothing but an interpreter that got lucky. I he wants to prove his mettle, let him follow Rafa Benitez to the Championship. Much respect to Rafa!!!!
:biggrin: come on bra.
When will Pep Guardiola coach a midtable.
Where is the other interpreter, Andre Villas-Boas, at some point we was made to think he was responsible for Mourinho's Chelsea success in the 1st stint.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

green4life wrote:The knives are out for José from the usual suspects. But what I find amusing is an arsenal fan questioning José overall competence as a manager in spite of his winning league titles in Portugal, England, Italy, Spain and just only TWO short years ago in England. Now that's comical stuff.

All this story about Jose being changed after real Madrid is balony because the facts don't support it. Year 1 of his second tenure at CFC, Jose took a squad that finished 20pts out of first to challenge for the title only falling short 2 games to the end and also came within a second leg home result against athletic Madrid from playing in another CL final. Year 2 (two years ago) we saw what happened - unprecedented wire to wire top of the table record clinching title. Things went wrong after winning the league. Perhaps it felt a bit easy and got to his head. Whatever issue he had last season is still unresolved bit it has nothing to do with Madrid or him being a narcissistic manager.
Such is the football spectrum, there are many who genuinely believe Fergie cheated his way to titles.

Jose has too many enemies, hence there will be noise when things are not going well for him.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

all the Football Einsteins

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
How are the mighty falling! Man U doing permutation and combination for EUROPA!

When you sack a coach that won a trophy for a coach that was leading his team to relegation you know what to expect!
How are the JOMOSA fallen to betray their hero like this?
Eagles Nest sweet o
Being a coward no good o

posting is free

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Fenerbahce 2 - Man U 0 2nd Half

Post by tfco »

balo wrote:LOL. Oga Jose, how market?

It's not "WE", it's you.
market dey o

WE.ARE.IN.THE.FINAL

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

oloye wrote:I am sorry to say...out man Jose has lost the plot and swagger! All that is needed is for Wenger to nail the coffin by beating him finally. But if Wenger cannot beat him ,then perhaps there is still life left in Jose
Aghhh i got this one right! Yes he is in the final, but if he serves the dross he served against Celta, Ajax will ear him raw..na me talk am!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The final will be different
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote:
oloye wrote:I am sorry to say...out man Jose has lost the plot and swagger! All that is needed is for Wenger to nail the coffin by beating him finally. But if Wenger cannot beat him ,then perhaps there is still life left in Jose
Aghhh i got this one right! Yes he is in the final, but if he serves the dross he served against Celta, Ajax will ear him raw..na me talk am!
did you watch the 1st leg?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S