Controversy: Player punished for showboating

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Controversy: Player punished for showboating

Post by iworo »

South African midfielder Sipho Moeti booked for showboating

Just weeks after we witnessed the first recorded instance of a mid-match dab, the South African league has coughed up another instance of pure, unadulterated showboating magic.

Unfortunately for Baroko midfielder Sipho Moeti, the referee on duty wasn't quite as impressed by his theatrics against Platinum Stars and duly decided to book the 24-year-old for ungentlemanly conduct.

Speaking after the game, Moeti admitted that he was a little upset to have been cautioned and is therefore planning to ask his club to appeal the card.

"I was disappointed with the yellow card. I believe the opponent was far [away] and I was within my right to show off my skill," Moeti told Kick Off. "Those who defend must defend. Those who pass must pass the ball. Those who have skill, let them show it." :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hear hear!

[/video]

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-toe-po ... howboating
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Controversy: Player punished for showboating

Post by metalalloy »

Refree should have slapped him sef for dat rubbish :lol:

nah but on a serious note, no need for the yellow card. The defender suppose uproot the guy for showboating in such a manner. Make him think 2x before he does it again.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

New England Revolution striker Kei Kamara booked for twerking

[/video]
What better way to celebrate your last goal of the season then with a good, old-fashioned twerk?

In what surely must be a first for association football, New England Revolution striker Kei Kamara was given a yellow card during his side's 3-0 win over Montreal Impact for the heinous crime of twerking during a game.

Kamara scored Revolution's third goal in the latter stages of the match, cracking one in from an acute angle to flesh out the scoreline.

The 32-year-old then decided to celebrate with a quick twerk, though it went entirely unappreciated by the referee, who was swift in brandishing the caution.

Despite their comprehensive victory over Impact on the final day of the regular MLS season, Revolution missed out on making into the play-offs on goal difference and goal difference alone.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-toe-po ... r-twerking
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

iworo wrote:New England Revolution striker Kei Kamara booked for twerking

[/video]
What better way to celebrate your last goal of the season then with a good, old-fashioned twerk?

In what surely must be a first for association football, New England Revolution striker Kei Kamara was given a yellow card during his side's 3-0 win over Montreal Impact for the heinous crime of twerking during a game.

Kamara scored Revolution's third goal in the latter stages of the match, cracking one in from an acute angle to flesh out the scoreline.

The 32-year-old then decided to celebrate with a quick twerk, though it went entirely unappreciated by the referee, who was swift in brandishing the caution.

Despite their comprehensive victory over Impact on the final day of the regular MLS season, Revolution missed out on making into the play-offs on goal difference and goal difference alone.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

paj wrote:

[/video]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
this one is plain silly (I mean the player). I thought only ladies "twerked" :ohmy: :ohmy: :???: :???: :???:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

iworo wrote:South African midfielder Sipho Moeti booked for showboating

Just weeks after we witnessed the first recorded instance of a mid-match dab, the South African league has coughed up another instance of pure, unadulterated showboating magic.

Unfortunately for Baroko midfielder Sipho Moeti, the referee on duty wasn't quite as impressed by his theatrics against Platinum Stars and duly decided to book the 24-year-old for ungentlemanly conduct.

Speaking after the game, Moeti admitted that he was a little upset to have been cautioned and is therefore planning to ask his club to appeal the card.

"I was disappointed with the yellow card. I believe the opponent was far [away] and I was within my right to show off my skill," Moeti told Kick Off. "Those who defend must defend. Those who pass must pass the ball. Those who have skill, let them show it." :thumbs: :thumbs:

I didn't see any skills. I saw stupidity.
Hear hear!

[/video]

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-toe-po ... howboating
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

paj wrote:

[/video]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To God be the glory
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Kamara should be flogged. I mean what the hell was that.

There was nothing wrong with the South Africans show boating though it's all within the rules of the game
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

That South African league get as e be :o

[/video]

but maybe this is what the NPFL needs to get more numbers. If we have some local players doing Shoki and Skelewu mid match....or we even have some people playing Ludo mid match.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Referees taking it too seriously after all its only a game. Lol!! Well I must blame the late Bill Shankly of Liverpool who famously said "football is not a matter of life and death, its more important than that"
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

rubbish like this is what makes me miss the likes of Roy Keane, Gattuso and Cantona, that clown would have been stretchered off with a broken leg or two.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Na so we see our South African brothers dey do dance dance on the ball. We never see them do anything
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
paj wrote:

[/video]

this one is plain silly (I mean the player). I thought only ladies "twerked" :ohmy: :ohmy: :???: :???: :???:
...young men too still with elasticity around their waist line :biggrin:

Taunting, showboating no good, person fit get wound big time. How? :???: :???: :???:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Those igiots are lucky they did not see red. Warrahel?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
paj wrote:

[/video]

...young men too still with elasticity around their waist line :biggrin:

Taunting, showboating no good, person fit get wound big time. How? :???: :???: :???:
Young men? Ok o....isnt "twerking" shaking yansh?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

This is why Africa stalls at every turn. We pay too much attention to irrelevances. Football is an entertainment sport and that display was pure entertainment. The ref's action was an insult to all the Okochas, Ronaldos, Ronaldinhos and, might I add, Ogbuezes who ever played the game :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Tweking..hell no! But good old showboating why not....but thank your stars you did not live in our generation. We appreciate showboating,but we also tend to appreciate those who punish showboaters...not by dishing out cards, rather by a well timed tackle that sends vibration right through your spine...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

For those of you passing disparaging remarks showboating is a part of our football. People pay to see characters like this. The history of South Afican football is littered with show boaters it's a vital part of our football culture. Indeed this is reflected in the nicknames of our ballers over the years.
People like

Bernard "dancing shoes" Hartze
Ephraim"shakes" Mashaba
Helman"midnight express" Mkhaleke
Jabu"shuffle the pack" Mahlangu
Marks "go-man-go" Maponyane
Vusi"computer" Lamola
Kagiso"zero-my-hero"Mogale
Donald "Ace" Khuse
Sulie "bump jive" Bhamjee
John "shoes" moshoeu
Doctor Khumalo

All show boaters in South African football there are many more.

That ref is trying to show off does he think he is officiating in the EPL. SAFA needs to deal with him as he is setting a dangerous precedence
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Isn't this the type of Rubbish JJ is know for in football circles. Even till this day people are still inviting all over the world to do this at half time for games
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

[quote="oloye"]Tweking..hell no! But good old showboating why not....but thank your stars you did not live in our generation. We appreciate showboating,but we also tend to appreciate those who punish showboaters...not by dishing out cards, rather by a well timed tackle that sends vibration right through your spine...[/quote ]
Really? Please explain....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Opposition players detest this type of showboating (which they regard as disrespectful). If he did that in a Championship or Brazilian league game, an opposition player would try to break him in half.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Mamelodi Sundowns won the ACL, meanwhile our players are running to strange lands for strange contracts.

<
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

wiseone wrote:Opposition players detest this type of showboating (which they regard as disrespectful). If he did that in a Championship or Brazilian league game, an opposition player would try to break him in half.
How many times did they break Pele, Bebeto, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc :?: :!:

Cheers.